Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❀ Beach City =]

Comments

• Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2014
    can't wait for the save file / sims verison where people post screenshots and you see the sims you made get into the trouble :P .. looking nice. :):)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2014
    Uh, oh- there's a big brown building that doesn't have a name or address? Okay, thanks. :D

~ It's always fun to see pictures. :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cel-a - bration Time, come on. It's a celebration.... dancing off to go remove the last tester and download ZEE FinaLe'.....

yay... (edit: well just dancing in my head - not physically. hehehe)

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Hi :D

Hehehee :mrgreen:
    (fingers crossed it working right)

Okay, I put the families in the world and hope it's okay. :D
    I used Simlogical's Save Cleaner and removed the TravelDB.package file to reduce the size. It's going fine so far, in my game. :shock:
    (After it downloads, go to it and double click the folder to open- right click the folder and choose copy. Go the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3- right click on the Saves folder and choose Paste) :)

Let me know about the Save- good and bad. :blush:

Beach City_A **(Enable Aging, I had it off while editing Sims so it might be off in the save)
    (you can save it as something else, this will let you know it was the original)
    26 Families
    83.25 Sims :mrgreen:

3632185.gif"width=450"

So sorry I didn't use everyone's Sims. :(
    I'm still working on a cover picture with the Sims... 8)

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2014
    Okay so I came home from school with the intent of playing Evansdale (loving that save right now, lol) and I'm so beyond elated this is COMPLETE! I'm downloading currently and going to get cookies in a little bit to celebrate this world! All these months of watching it grow and expand and going through the ups and downs from a distance I'm ecstatic to get in and look at the work! I have a single sim already I plan on moving in and a couple that I used to have in SLT but I need a more city life for them. (Superstar Athlete/Actress) So I'm very excited for this!

Thanks Rflong. Quick question? Is there anything in the store that you want that you have not gotten yet? And be honest!
  • Options
    vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited January 2014
    May I know for those not use NRass SP mod in BC .. does EA SP will progress the town inactives? Like getting married, promotion, have babies..etc?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yes - I have never use NRASS sp and my sims do marry and have kids. The only thing is with NRASS SP it will keep the game from moving out sims you don't play or from killing off sim when the population gets higher than the game wants it to get. NRASS will also keep your sims working at their same job while EA's sp will allow sims to get fired if they miss a lot of work or are late a lot and it will prompt them to get new jobs, but not as well as NRASS does. NRASS SP does have it's advantage but it has a big downfall in that it is a resource hog and just sucks down the ram because it plays every single sim in the town all the time. The EA sp will randomize and pick different sims at different times to push as needed and never seems to hold excessive amounts of ram from the game for it's own use, like NRASS does. But I guess it all depends on how much you like handling your own neighborhoods. I also know it can be annoying when the game feels you have enough sims and starts killing off babies. That never happens with NRASS from what I am told. There are ways around that by micromanaging your neighborhood. As every house hold you play - even a few sims days the EA sp will not allow them to move out or their babies die on you, so you can play the households you want protected a little bit so that does not happen. With NRASS it that is not necessary. So it all depends on getting use to managing your own hood over NRASS doing it for you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    srodrig2005srodrig2005 Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2014
    Woo Hoo. I am downloading now. Just Rec'd. I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. Great job Rflong you truly are wonderful builder. I love how you do everything you can to make sure your worlds are perfect. Your worlds are the only ones I like to download and play. I trust them.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Thanks! Let me know if there's any problems. *fingerscrossed* :mrgreen:

Thanks so much, Conclue, it's so sweet of you!- but I actually have all the good stuff. There's really nothing else I want/like right now. Some of the older venues and items I'll never use. :mrgreen:

What Writin_Reg says. I've not fine tuned the mod but only let it play the families I don't play. :)
  • Options
    rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2014
    Congrats on the release! And, thanks for releasing all the other ones, too.

Rotata
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2014
    sim family i picked got in, downloading now, looks amazing.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Yes - I have never use NRASS sp and my sims do marry and have kids. The only thing is with NRASS SP it will keep the game from moving out sims you don't play or from killing off sim when the population gets higher than the game wants it to get. NRASS will also keep your sims working at their same job while EA's sp will allow sims to get fired if they miss a lot of work or are late a lot and it will prompt them to get new jobs, but not as well as NRASS does. NRASS SP does have it's advantage but it has a big downfall in that it is a resource hog and just sucks down the ram because it plays every single sim in the town all the time. The EA sp will randomize and pick different sims at different times to push as needed and never seems to hold excessive amounts of ram from the game for it's own use, like NRASS does. But I guess it all depends on how much you like handling your own neighborhoods. I also know it can be annoying when the game feels you have enough sims and starts killing off babies. That never happens with NRASS from what I am told. There are ways around that by micromanaging your neighborhood. As every house hold you play - even a few sims days the EA sp will not allow them to move out or their babies die on you, so you can play the households you want protected a little bit so that does not happen. With NRASS it that is not necessary. So it all depends on getting use to managing your own hood over NRASS doing it for you.

You mean Nrass SP or EA SP will move out sims or start killing off sims when population is high?

Rflong do you mean you use Nrass SP but just set at default settings?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Myangeleyez1072Myangeleyez1072 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Congrats on finishing the world!!
    I love Beach City & I've been waiting for the save but while trying to load it I ran into some problems.

When I try to load the world, I get a message on the Menu screen stating "Cannot load this save game. It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system".

I've never seen this message before and I'm not sure what the problem is because I have all the expansion packs required for this world. I don't have Into the Future and I don't plan on getting it. I don't know if this is part of the problem but if you can, please help!!
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't come here often, but I just saw this beautiful world on My sims 3 Blog.
    Wow, amazing job as usual. I am so excited!
    I wish I could recommend it 100 times. :mrgreen: Thank you so much. :D
  • Options
    rchristisonrchristison Posts: 129 Member
    edited January 2014
    Pure awesomeness! :D
    Thank you so much for this world! :D
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
  • Options
    Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yay! What a great way to start my morning :) awesome surprise! You are so creative and thorough with your worlds. They are really a labor of love and it shows. I can't wait to play this final version. Thank you so much for all your hard work and effort. Many many thanks!
  • Options
    startspringstartspring Posts: 639 Member
    edited January 2014
    Ooo goodie *rubs palms*! It was well worth the waiting, as always with your amazing worlds/builds. Downloading and rec:d. Thank you so much Rf *Hugz* :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Good morning :D

@-Rotata~ Thanks! :mrgreen:

@ turistas9 - I hope it plays well! :D

@vickigoh - EA's will move out sims or start killing off sims when population is high.
    I usually leave it at default- the SP mod. :-)

@Myangeleyez- I don't know what to tell you. I installed BC on my laptop and it only has the Expansions, no Stuff packs and no ITF. I was able to download and install the Save file and run it. It did give me the notice about replacing items but it opened it without a problem. :(

@ chopin27 - Thank you so much! It's on My sims 3 Blog- Cool. :D

@rchristison- Thanks! :mrgreen:

@ Smidgieroo3- Thank you. I hope it works well and you like it. :mrgreen:

Yay! Thank you all so much for commenting. 8)
  • Options
    xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    edited January 2014
    So, I haven't stalked this thread in a couple of days (silent stalker alert) and I have been reading (and loving) your Apocalypse. I caught up to the 9th week last night and thought to myself, "When Beach City is complete, my week will be perfect."

I literally squeed outloud and scared the cat when I saw that the final was released. I am downloading it as we speak and my excitement level has me bouncing in my seat. I have already taken M&G out of my drive and popped in ITF in my pre-download excitement.

My question is, do I have to have the latest patch or should I be okay at 1.63?
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Erm...thank Rflong and since you are using NRass SP to play so it should not be a problem..maybe i tweak too many settings of NRASS SP ...hahha
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi, Jenn :D

Oh, cool! I wish I still played that Apocalypse but after my break from it there was another expansion and more rules and then more expansions and rules, I've never gone back. Although I still have the save file waiting for me. :D

Anyway, I'm only patched to 1.62 from ITF.
    I thought I was at 1.63 but I'm not. I'm still able to download from the Store and the Exchange so I don't think you need to have the 1.66 update. :mrgreen:

@ Vickigoh - Oh, okay. Is something wrong?
  • Options
    xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh cool. Thanks for the quick reply.

I am reading your Sims 2 Apoc with Babette and Bairn through Boolprop.
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Rflong, sorry it took me so long to get this uploaded but here is the Tangie Uni sim with all of her uni exp intact;

Tangie Simmerthree, with Uni Arts degree. Employed in the Music career but still dreams of being a successful self-employed artist. Fixed Uni version, January 2014

Download here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7977942

And here is the horsey couple if anyone wants them:

Brett Castle and fiancee Erin McMillan just completed Uni. Brett has a degree in Sci/Med and just started a job in the Science career. Erin majored in art, but her true passion is horses. So far she is only at level 3 Riding skill, and doesn't even have a horse of her own yet. Will Erin and Brett get married and raise a family? Will all their dreams come true?

Download here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7977943

They're just starting out cuz I haven't had time to play them. Looking forward to starting a new game in the finished world! I took a look around last night and it's wonderful!

Also, nothing shows up on the duckie lot when I shift-cnrl-click. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I turned on testingcheatsenabled but is there something else I need to do for the debug option to show up?
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi, Jenn :D

Oh, cool! I wish I still played that Apocalypse but after my break from it there was another expansion and more rules and then more expansions and rules, I've never gone back. Although I still have the save file waiting for me. :D

Anyway, I'm only patched to 1.62 from ITF.
    I thought I was at 1.63 but I'm not. I'm still able to download from the Store and the Exchange so I don't think you need to have the 1.66 update. :mrgreen:

@ Vickigoh - Oh, okay. Is something wrong?

Oh sorry Rflong nothing wrong..abit typo error in my previous post (edited already) ..hahaha

So you are at patch 1.62?? I read somewhere in a forum after patch 1.63 the game crash very easily not sure how true..but i am at patch 1.67 now...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    xoxJennxox wrote:
    Oh cool. Thanks for the quick reply.

I am reading your Sims 2 Apoc with Babette and Bairn through Boolprop.

Oh, Awesome! I'm having fun and am just a little behind in playing them. :mrgreen:

Hi Rflong, sorry it took me so long to get this uploaded but here is the Tangie Uni sim with all of her uni exp intact;

Tangie Simmerthree, with Uni Arts degree. Employed in the Music career but still dreams of being a successful self-employed artist. Fixed Uni version, January 2014

Download here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7977942

And here is the horsey couple if anyone wants them:

Brett Castle and fiancee Erin McMillan just completed Uni. Brett has a degree in Sci/Med and just started a job in the Science career. Erin majored in art, but her true passion is horses. So far she is only at level 3 Riding skill, and doesn't even have a horse of her own yet. Will Erin and Brett get married and raise a family? Will all their dreams come true?

Download here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7977943

They're just starting out cuz I haven't had time to play them. Looking forward to starting a new game in the finished world! I took a look around last night and it's wonderful!

Also, nothing shows up on the duckie lot when I shift-cnrl-click. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I turned on testingcheatsenabled but is there something else I need to do for the debug option to show up?

Hi, Tangie :D

Thanks! I'll add them to the list. :mrgreen:
    I don't think you need to have any codes on, It should be just shift click on the boat base* from the Dock lot... I'll go check again. :(
    (It did fine. Ctrl+Shift then click on the boat base from the Island lot...) :(

@vickigoh - Okay. I'm gonna update with the cumulative patch then. :shock:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top