Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give me the rundown!

So I am a long time Sims owner/player but I lose interest for a while and flip flop back and forth. I am currently in my "full steam ahead" phase.

I am getting bored with just creating and playing. I need something to spice the game up. I have no mods installed and I have read a few challenges but they are kind of complex for someone just getting back into the sims.

Anyone have any suggestions on whats out there to change it up a bit?

Also, I need some friends on here...my friends list is very empty and sad.

Comments

• smithfamily89smithfamily89 Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2014
    So I am a long time Sims owner/player but I lose interest for a while and flip flop back and forth. I am currently in my "full steam ahead" phase.

I am getting bored with just creating and playing. I need something to spice the game up. I have no mods installed and I have read a few challenges but they are kind of complex for someone just getting back into the sims.

I get the same way haha. & I have owned every game since the original came out! Do you have any EPs? & My friends list sounds like yours, sending a request your way :)
  • PurityChildPurityChild Posts: 57 Member
    edited January 2014

I get the same way haha. & I have owned every game since the original came out! Do you have any EPs? & My friends list sounds like yours, sending a request your way :)

Yes, I have:
    Pets
    Generations
    Seasons
    Supernatural
    Dragon Valley (not an ep, but the dragons are awesome)
    edited January 2014

Yes, I have:
    Pets
    Generations
    Seasons
    Supernatural
    Dragon Valley (not an ep, but the dragons are awesome)

Whats your playing style? Do you use cheats? If you normally use cheats (I used to regularly) then make a single sim house hold or a couple, move them in a fixer upper & See how big you can make the home by the time their kids become YA. Earn the money your self and keep the fixer upper, just expand it :) Family Style playing goes well with Generations & Pets. Your teenage daughter could be the next Sabrina with Supernatural ;)
    edited January 2014
    Also, How do you do freewill in your game?
    edited January 2014
    Also, How do you do freewill in your game?

at first i didnt but then i used the money cheat so i could focus on other things. I have freewill set to high right now.
  • BetaComplexBetaComplex Posts: 33 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I have the same problem you do. Something that works for me sometimes is creating a character. Not just making a sim and playing randomly, but either picking a character I already know about or making my own up and giving them a back-story or something to play out. I feel more inclined to play that way because it feels like I'm keeping the story going. Although that might be a bit boring to other people...

Also sending a friend request. :)
    edited January 2014
    I have the same problem you do. Something that works for me sometimes is creating a character. Not just making a sim and playing randomly, but either picking a character I already know about or making my own up and giving them a back-story or something to play out. I feel more inclined to play that way because it feels like I'm keeping the story going. Although that might be a bit boring to other people...

I think getting involved in a challenge or finding some better way to broadcast my game/families might help. If people are invested in a sim family, i am more likely to keep motivated. I just dont really know how to start.
  • BetaComplexBetaComplex Posts: 33 New Member
    edited January 2014

I think getting involved in a challenge or finding some better way to broadcast my game/families might help. If people are invested in a sim family, i am more likely to keep motivated. I just dont really know how to start.
    I've never done a challenge before so I'm not sure what they're like. They sound fun though. I'll have to look into that.
    edited January 2014

I've never done a challenge before so I'm not sure what they're like. They sound fun though. I'll have to look into that.

Im going to do this one: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/39862.page

Making my gen 1 sim now!
  • Mojo810534Mojo810534 Posts: 148 Member
    edited January 2014
    I sent a friend request

*Just keep simming*
    edited January 2014
    Gen 1 Matriarch created!

morgan1_zps6ccf558c.jpg

edited January 2014
    I started a Morgan Legacy page haha
    https://www.facebook.com/simmommy81
  • cemole4235cemole4235 Posts: 344 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I find that I enjoy designing Sims and decorating houses much more than I actually like playing :? But for me it helps to make up storylines and plot ideas and that keeps me interested to continue to play.

Here's what I'm thinking of right now while I'm creating 4 Sims: all 4 of them live in parallel universes. One world is Dragon Valley, and the other is Hidden Springs. Emilia and Alice are a couple in Dragon Valley; they're somewhat poor, despite the fact that Alice keeps bringing home the spoils from her pirating adventures! Emilia works around the house but secretly dreams of learning to write so that she can mark down the stories she makes up for future generations. Elsewhere in the town, Lucie is a lady in waiting to the mysterious Princess Leah - who just so happens to be a vampire! What will Rachel do when she finds out about her other self, and how will her soulmate Charlie deal with it?

It might sound silly, but I'm excited about it :D
    edited January 2014
    cemole4235 wrote:
    I find that I enjoy designing Sims and decorating houses much more than I actually like playing :? But for me it helps to make up storylines and plot ideas and that keeps me interested to continue to play.

Here's what I'm thinking of right now while I'm creating 4 Sims: all 4 of them live in parallel universes. One world is Dragon Valley, and the other is Hidden Springs. Emilia and Alice are a couple in Dragon Valley; they're somewhat poor, despite the fact that Alice keeps bringing home the spoils from her pirating adventures! Emilia works around the house but secretly dreams of learning to write so that she can mark down the stories she makes up for future generations. Elsewhere in the town, Lucie is a lady in waiting to the mysterious Princess Leah - who just so happens to be a vampire! What will Rachel do when she finds out about her other self, and how will her soulmate Charlie deal with it?

It might sound silly, but I'm excited about it :D

You are waaay more creative than me lol!
  • cemole4235cemole4235 Posts: 344 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Aw, I bet that's not true! :) I'm just like Emilia, I guess - I love making up stories!