Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help choosing new expansion?

Hey guys! I'm getting a new Sims 3 expansion as one of my valentines gifts from my hubby! :lol: The expansions I have are Late Night and Supernatural, and I have the High End Loft stuff. I either want the Sims Generations, or Island Paradise. I also saw something on origin, an expansion bundle with World Adventures and Generations? I haven't played either game but I have heard simmers on here talking about both & they sound very fun! So please, feel free to be completely honest and give all opinions! :)

Also, I'm considering going with a download,(I have supernatural through purchasing a dowload through Amazon), so please feel free to give your opinions about that as well!

Thanks in advance and Happy Simming! :D

Comments

• cemole4235cemole4235 Posts: 344 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Generations is lovely, I don't really play WA but I also got the bundle that had both, I think it's a good deal. Island Paradise doesn't do much for me, just because I like playing games with a small-town feel to them, and don't want my Sims to live on an island or in a resort :) It depends on how you like to play your game, but I'd say go for the bundle. Generations lets you go for more family-type interactions and WA will let the family go to France for Christmas.

Just don't leave Kevin behind.

... now I feel old for making that joke.
  • SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited January 2014
    I really like Generations because I love playing large families and if you can get it with World Adventures, even better :mrgreen:

IP is ok, but hyped up to be much more than it is and a lot of people can't even play in the world that comes with it because of lag/crashing.
  • smithfamily89smithfamily89 Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2014
    cemole4235 wrote:
    Generations is lovely, I don't really play WA but I also got the bundle that had both, I think it's a good deal. Island Paradise doesn't do much for me, just because I like playing games with a small-town feel to them, and don't want my Sims to live on an island or in a resort :) It depends on how you like to play your game, but I'd say go for the bundle. Generations lets you go for more family-type interactions and WA will let the family go to France for Christmas.

Just don't leave Kevin behind.

... now I feel old for making that joke.

See I like to play more family related! & Christmas in France sounds very romantic but I don't get the joke haha sorry :( Thanks though! :)
  • OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited January 2014
    Generations hands down. It adds SO much to your gameplay. Tree houses, video cameras, costumes for kids, pranks and your sims being able to ground their kids when their bad, the strollers, bachelor and bachelorette parties I could go on and on about generations haha it is my absolute favorite EP because I enjoy playing out my sim families so it really fit into my gameplay I couldn't play without it now!

Don't get me wrong Island Paradise is good but my personal opinion is I could play without it. I do like the addition of resorts and your sims just being able to relax on the beach towels but I'm not a big fan of the houseboats because the up and down moving of them kinda makes me sick watching them.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
    edited January 2014
    I really like Generations because I love playing large families and if you can get it with World Adventures, even better :mrgreen:

IP is ok, but hyped up to be much more than it is and a lot of people can't even play in the world that comes with it because of lag/crashing.

See thats me, I love love love family play! Whats some things you can do with generations? & WA?
    edited January 2014
    smithfamily89 - It was a Home Alone joke ;) The family goes to France for Christmas but they accidentally leave Kevin behind. One of my favorite movies to watch during the holidays.
    edited January 2014
    Generations hands down. It adds SO much to your gameplay. Tree houses, video cameras, costumes for kids, pranks and your sims being able to ground their kids when their bad, the strollers, bachelor and bachelorette parties I could go on and on about generations haha it is my absolute favorite EP because I enjoy playing out my sim families so it really fit into my gameplay I couldn't play without it now!

Don't get me wrong Island Paradise is good but my personal opinion is I could play without it. I do like the addition of resorts and your sims just being able to relax on the beach towels but I'm not a big fan of the houseboats because the up and down moving of them kinda makes me sick watching them.

Oh Generations sounds so much fun! I'd love the bachelorette parties ;) & All the interactions with kids!
    edited January 2014
    cemole4235 wrote:
    smithfamily89 - It was a Home Alone joke ;) The family goes to France for Christmas but they accidentally leave Kevin behind. One of my favorite movies to watch during the holidays.
    I have never watched that movie lol or any of the Home Alone's. My husband is like 7 years older than me though so he has watched them all! :)
  • rollerdiscogetdownrollerdiscogetdown Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2014
    They are all great! Generations is a lot of fun, but Island Paradise is my personal favorite. I love the lifeguard career and diving under the ocean is such an awesome experience.
    edited January 2014
    In Generations some things your sims can do are...

- Record videos to watch on their TV's
    - Have imaginary friends
    - Throw bachelor/bachelorette parties once they are engaged.
    - Walk with babies in strollers
    - Pranks like egging houses, flaming bag of *** and doorbell ditch.
    - Throw real weddings with wedding arch and wedding cake.
    - Elders have canes and can reminisce about different things.
    - You can send your children and teens away to boarding school.
    - Teens can learn how to drive.
    - Play with treehouses, costumes, water slides, see saws.
    :mrgreen:
    edited January 2014
    Those imaginary friends are the only thing that Generations has that I don't like. They're downright creepy! I'd hate to have something like that lurking around me *shudder*
    edited January 2014
    In Generations some things your sims can do are...

- Record videos to watch on their TV's
    - Have imaginary friends
    - Throw bachelor/bachelorette parties once they are engaged.
    - Walk with babies in strollers
    - Pranks like egging houses, flaming bag of *** and doorbell ditch.
    - Throw real weddings with wedding arch and wedding cake.
    - Elders have canes and can reminisce about different things.
    - You can send your children and teens away to boarding school.
    - Teens can learn how to drive.
    - Play with treehouses, costumes, water slides, see saws.
    :mrgreen:

It all sound soo fun!
    edited January 2014
    cemole4235 wrote:
    Those imaginary friends are the only thing that Generations has that I don't like. They're downright creepy! I'd hate to have something like that lurking around me *shudder*
    I try and give them the potion to turn them real ASAP :lol:
    edited January 2014
    They are all great! Generations is a lot of fun, but Island Paradise is my personal favorite. I love the lifeguard career and diving under the ocean is such an awesome experience.

I bet that is a fun career! Don't they have like a Day Care career or something that came with generations?
    edited January 2014
    cemole4235 wrote:

Can't you mary them and have kids with them? Lol
  • gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited January 2014
    Generations definitely.

I have both and I don't play IP because of the lagging and routing problems, but I do like the gameplay that comes with it, diving snorkelling, to name a couple and the objects that come with it are great. I just add the objects to any world and you can do the snorkelling etc. in any world. I love having boats - sailboards, jetskis, rowboats plus a speedboat You just have to careful some of the worlds there are routing problems with boats.
    edited January 2014
    cemole4235 wrote:

Marry*
    edited January 2014
    gypsy54 wrote:
    Generations definitely.

I have both and I don't play IP because of the lagging and routing problems, but I do like the gameplay that comes with it, diving snorkelling, to name a couple and the objects that come with it are great. I just add the objects to any world and you can do the snorkelling etc. in any world. I love having boats - sailboards, jetskis, rowboats plus a speedboat You just have to careful some of the worlds there are routing problems with boats.

See that what I want IP for is the stuff that comes with it lol ut Generations sounds amazing!
    edited January 2014
    smithfamily89 wrote:

It may sound funny (and is) but if you play with your imaginary friend, they turn into life size dolls, that follow you everywhere, then you have the opportunity to make them real, they then become part of your household.

I married my imaginary friend off and she has 3 kids now. :!:
    edited January 2014
    smithfamily89 wrote:
    See that what I want IP for is the stuff that comes with it lol ut Generations sounds amazing!

That's why I have both! I just wish they would fix the problems with IP.

This probably doesn't help with your decision, sorry!

With TS3 ending, I presume everything will get cheaper and more sales, just keep your eyes out.

I did buy generations first & loved the gameplay, plus the objects.

Whichever pack you choose, they both add great things to your game. :)
    edited January 2014
    gypsy54 wrote:
    smithfamily89 wrote:

It may sound funny (and is) but if you play with your imaginary friend, they turn into life size dolls, that follow you everywhere, then you have the opportunity to make them real, they then become part of your household.

I married my imaginary friend off and she has 3 kids now. :!:

Haha like that movie Life Size with Tyra Banks and Lindsay Lohan!
    edited January 2014
    smithfamily89:

Haha like that movie Life Size with Tyra Banks and Lindsay Lohan!

Lol, love it :lol:
    edited January 2014
    There was 2 days, after I got the imaginary friend engaged, where she turned back into a life size doll - I just thought 'that would be just about par for the course for the sims - but she turned back again.

Probably just wanted to remember the old 'doll'
  • rollerdiscogetdownrollerdiscogetdown Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2014
    I bet that is a fun career! Don't they have like a Day Care career or something that came with generations?

It is pretty entertaining! The lifeguard even gives mouth to mouth if they have to :) Generations did come with that career! I've never actually tried to myself though, but I will have to soon. I recently got World Adventures, Supernatural, Showtime, and Island Paradise around the same time so I've been a little overwhelmed.
    edited January 2014
    gypsy54 wrote:
    There was 2 days, after I got the imaginary friend engaged, where she turned back into a life size doll - I just thought 'that would be just about par for the course for the sims - but she turned back again.

Probably just wanted to remember the old 'doll'

Thats weird haha & by the way Life Size part 2 is in the making!