Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with putting Holiday lights on a community lot for sims3 ISSUE RESOLVED.

SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
I'm building a theme park and can't put up holiday lights,does anybody know how I can accomplish it without making it a residental lot to do it and losing everything.I would appreciate any help that I can get with this if possible,thanks for your help.I realise that to put them on a residental lot your supose to have your sim click the front door,but can't seem to put them on other houses or community lots though and this is where I have an issue that I need help with.

Comments

• Options
    Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited January 2014
    Try the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and shift-click a door? Here's a help thread from SimGuruSemedi:
    here
    Can I set Holiday House Lights to automatically turn on using the Seasonal Lot Marker?
    No, the Holiday House Lights are turned on by an interaction on the front door of your Sim's home. Other homes and community buildings throughout the world will also put up Holiday House Lights automatically in the winter.

If you want full control over which other lots use the Holiday House Lights, you can enter the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat. Afterwards, simply click on the front door of a building on any lot to have access to the Holiday House Lights interaction. This can also be used to turn on the Holiday House Lights on other lots outside of the winter season.

I hope this helped.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for getting back with me,I will give your suggestions a try.Hopefully I will finally be able to get my christmas theme park done,I think this will be the finishing touch to it,the lights which will give it the right effect.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Tried clicking the shift button and ctrl button at the same time after entering the cheat and then left clicked the door and I got everything from reset door,clone,delete but,the holiday lights there was nothing that showed up about it.When I clicked just the shift button and left clicked the door the door would come out of the building or delete.If anybody has any idea of what I'm doing wrong and how to get the holiday option I would appreciate,it cause at this point the only way I can get them would be in live mode with a sim at a residental lot. :(
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2014
    Have you tried entering the cheat and then having a sim visit your community lot in live mode and click the door without pressing shift?
    Also some roofs can't have Christmas lights put on them because they are flat.
    You probably have tried this and know about the roof but I just thought I would suggest it in case it may help.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'll try a sim in this mode and see if it helps my roof should be no problem since it's a castle looking roof and not flat.Thanks for the suggestion,hopefully it will work this time..
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I was able to get the lights to work by having a sim to visit the lot and having the cheat testingcheatsenabled true on and then then typing buydebug and getting the seasonal lot marker and clicking the season and then clicking the door a second time and it let me then put the lights up without any problems.Thanks again for helping me to resolve this issue,so that I was finally able to upload the theme park to the exchange.