Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5 months ago SimGuruKelly said...

Comments

• rjdreamer53rjdreamer53 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2014
    WOW , yeah , I agree "EA" does need to get their sh-t togheter. So far Ea has been a fail on so many issues , it doesn't even feel real. I hated the pudding faces at first , but with Cast and CAs it all became a better , playground. Why would any company diss its ,clients or pay base? I think they think they are gods and thus far , way above us 🐸🐸🐸🐸....the paying public. So sad to see their fall.

I have always loved the Sims, but I will draw the line , if things don't change. I do have a few books to read and some projects to complete, so EA , you won't get my money either, if you do not shape up. As the age old saying goes , "shape up or ship out"!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'll probably stay as long as the exchange for Sims 3 is up (cause I am a builder) even after the store is gone unless they go away together. I am a 'come for the love of the game stay for the love of the community' type but Sims 4 has me ready to run and not just cause of the game itself.

I don't know about you guys but the attitude of many pro-Sims 4 people that are also anti-Sims 3 (cause Pro-Sims 3 + 4 /Sims lovers in general are fine) have turned me so off Sims 4 community so much even if I do get Sims 4 + whatever/whenever Supernatural EP answer they come out with happens I have no interest to come to the community.

Have you seen the the lack of respect for anyone who likes Sims 3 in the Sims 4 forums. Sure there is a lot of QQ and upset over no CASt, and dislike of the new graphics but really people do not need to rip upset peoples heads off. It is one thing to have been disappointed by a generation but to hate on those or at least tell off to high heaven to those who like the generation is beyond rude. I almost want Sims 4 to flop just so they feel like the jerks that truly are being (or at least get a case of foot-in-mouth). There is nothing wrong in having hope with Sims 4 being flawless/perfect but don't drag down those who still love Sims 3 or those sad that elements of Sims 3 are not being transfer ed over.

Sorry that turned to a rant ; /

I might give Sims 4 a shot just to see how well it plays on the Mac side -- I ended up with "unknown errors" so I had to install Win7 on my iMac via Boot Camp just so I could play my game.

I've been backing up my Store and Exchange downloads to a separate folder on my Windows partition -- I'll eventually save that folder to a flash drive (along with a backup of my Saves folder) so I'll have all my stuff for the day when they close down the Store and the Exchange. (Maybe I'll get two separate flash drives, one for Store content and lots, the other for a few worlds I'd like to try sometime.)

I'm not a graphics purist so I'm not bothered by the cartoony look of the Sims in Sims 4; the lack of CASt bugs me a bit but I guess I'll deal with it. I'm interested in how the Sims act, and hopefully not having a focus on needs will make it easier to keep them happy.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited January 2014
    SimGuruKelly wrote:
    "Ok, ok...you have my attention. Don't worry about bumping the thread anymore .

I will look into what we can do on some of these issues in addition to the fountain issues. Again, I can promise nothing, but I'll look into it."

Nothing promised, nothing done.

EA, I'm still thinking about The Sims 4. No promises, though.
    And Peter Moore wrote on APR 5, 2013: in EA news blog WE CAN DO BETTER after winning an annual Web poll to name the “Worst Company in America” assigned by consumers for 2nd year a round.

Those are only words: I do not see fountains and many another bugs fixed and I do not see EA doing better. And I'll not purchase after TS3 another stuff from EA, if this company finally don't beginn do better and fix their defective selled products.
    Yes, those are shiny products, with beautifull colors (the same as some China-products selled here in Italy). But if you beginn to use it, you'll find - you can't use it, as this product promisses and nobody is able to repair it.
    As I'm so much carefull to buy some imported products, I think, I'll be too so much carefull to not buy something from EA, if EA don't beginn finally "do better", because EA is selling defective stuff without guarantee.

Only to add: I do not think, that SimGuruKelly is guilty (all EA employes - I think - are having time assigned by EA, if EA decide that broken stuff is OK, they can't do nothing).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have to say that I agree with many of the comments above. This is my first experience with the Sims and I have to say I have enjoyed it. I had a new gaming PC the same year Sims 3 came out oddly enough...and I have been able to run it with very little problems. Not to say I have had none and when I do it is extremely frustrating. I have had to be more tech savvy to play this game than any other game I have ever owned.

Whenever I truly love a game as I have this one, and a new one is released I am usually right there willing to pre-order with excitement and anticipation. However, not now. Not with all the broken content, bugs and routing issues. I have had to fix the freeze more times than I like to count. I have had to do a complete re-install at least 2x. All that for over 800 dollars I have invested in this game. So yes I am frustrated with this game as much as I love it.

All that being said I am not jumping on the Sims 4 band wagon just yet. I am having a wait and see attitude. I will not be buying it or pre-ordering it right away. I will wait until I see how others say it runs and whether it really works etc. I want to see what kind of PC is required and maybe even see a "Lets Play". I may or may not buy it depending on what others say about it. I think the old saying is "Buyer Beware" and I plan to be cautious.

So as someone else said: I am not making any promises.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'll probably stay as long as the exchange for Sims 3 is up (cause I am a builder) even after the store is gone unless they go away together. I am a 'come for the love of the game stay for the love of the community' type but Sims 4 has me ready to run and not just cause of the game itself.

I don't know about you guys but the attitude of many pro-Sims 4 people that are also anti-Sims 3 (cause Pro-Sims 3 + 4 /Sims lovers in general are fine) have turned me so off Sims 4 community so much even if I do get Sims 4 + whatever/whenever Supernatural EP answer they come out with happens I have no interest to come to the community.

Have you seen the the lack of respect for anyone who likes Sims 3 in the Sims 4 forums. Sure there is a lot of QQ and upset over no CASt, and dislike of the new graphics but really people do not need to rip upset peoples heads off. It is one thing to have been disappointed by a generation but to hate on those or at least tell off to high heaven to those who like the generation is beyond rude. I almost want Sims 4 to flop just so they feel like the jerks that truly are being (or at least get a case of foot-in-mouth). There is nothing wrong in having hope with Sims 4 being flawless/perfect but don't drag down those who still love Sims 3 or those sad that elements of Sims 3 are not being transfer ed over.

Sorry that turned to a rant ; /

:shock: I just don't know what to say. You said it all, except that I've seen it in other places ever so often. I personally love 3 and want so much more that I know won't be added, plus I'm hoping 4 will add all of it's predicessors and so much more. But, it is like people get on the forums to see if they can correct or one up someone. I don't mind someone telling me something, but to be rude? I have stated and sometimes wonder if they don't go to yahoo and tell people off first and then get on here forgetting there are children, sensitive people, people looking for a happy place to be a part of, and people who are interested in a game and not hatefulness, know-it-all-ness, or those not willing to let others have a simple opinion without blasting them. I get on for the game, not to meet bullies.

:D I will probably get Sims 4. I denied it until Sims 4 was announced, because I love some of the characters in Sims 3 and I feel that it could've been added to. But, someone stated that the engine might not hold more or that the basegame was so messed up that some things can't be added, so I accepted it and hoped that Sims 4 would give us a game that is close to bug free as possible, at least getting the wrongs in 3 corrected. With the new lg ride coming out, skills coming out soon, and other content like dragons, I'm not so sure that those reasons seem true anymore. Sounds like they didn't know how to fix stuff and decided to move on. Not sure if team members could find/fix messed up stuff, but if they can, then why not split them up and give them the EPs and issues to each group until either something is done or until they agree that an issue can't be fixed and just tell us what has happened and that it can't be fixed for this reason. Not trying to rant, but just don't understand the no info. approach when people respond well when given reasons why things don't work.

Also, EA took our e-mails to sign up for news and I don't know anything. Something wrong when I have to get on here to see if someone with more time than I have has went to another site to find a tidbit of news. :( What I wanted to hear from them is what engine/specs they plan to use. What caused bugs in 3 and how they corrected them for 4 and some things about the basegame that will enhance play for the better. I've really only heard what they are taking away. If it is because it caused problems, then maybe I could deal with that, but not just to leave it out. I love recoloring and making things the way I like them. There are some things they know and it would just be nice to know the very basics which are not going to change. :D

One thing that does cause me to pause in buying 4 is that I can't get the freebies I want for pre-ordering from Origin unless I get digital and I buy discs. I just like them better and they seem to download better. Plus, years down the line if I'm not online or my digital buys are gone, I will still have the discs and any saves from the store. Why force us to buy digital to get all the good stuff when we are still pre-ordering. Don't like that. :(
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited January 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    On another note, in regards to the un-addressed game issues for Sims 3.. has anyone seen this:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/18/lawsuit-filed-against-ea-over-buggy-battlefield-4

Did they just not settle the whole NFL lawsuit, and then here is another one! EA will never learn. I looked up the lawyers handling the case, wondering if maybe they would like to handle another case against EA in regards to the Sims 3! :wink:

If you want to take them on, I'm in.
  • Daboogadie2Daboogadie2 Posts: 352 Member
    edited January 2014
    Personally, I don't think that a lawsuit is the right way to go. But, I would like SimGuruKelly (or somebody important) to tell us IF things can be fixed and IF they are working on it. If things can't be fixed, and EA knows that these things can't be fixed...then, maybe.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited January 2014
    Five months ago SimGuruKelly was also working for the Sims 3 team. Now, he is not.

does that mean that these things shouldn't be looked at to try and fix? No. I would absolutely hope that at some point someone will look at and try to fix these issues. But it may not happen.

Things change, and not always for the better. :cry:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    Personally, I don't think that a lawsuit is the right way to go. But, I would like SimGuruKelly (or somebody important) to tell us IF things can be fixed and IF they are working on it. If things can't be fixed, and EA knows that these things can't be fixed...then, maybe.
    I feel that if a company sells things they KNOW is broken, then it's deceptive & reprehensible.
    We are basically NOT getting what we PAID for.
    I consider selling broken stuff as bad as stealing. It's WRONG! :roll:
    EA doesn't seem to care either.
    Once they got our money, they point, laugh, & run to the bank.
    The "decision makers" in their headquarters don't deserve their salary, as far as I'm concerned.
    They are like a criminal organization!
    Do you think any one of US could get away with selling broken merchandise?! :evil:

This gives me NO FAITH in Sims 4...
    Does anyone honestly believe their service, or game quality,
    (bugs, glitches - HOW they handle things)
    is going to get any BETTER? :?
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited January 2014
    If it gets fixed, it will be fixed.

I've learned to be patient after Hidden Springs' Fountain of Youth had a conflict with the Lady Ravendancer's Book O' Spells in September.

That was fixed in February, and that was ONE item.

We just need to learn to be patient, I'm just as irritated as anyone else that nothing is fixed, but judging the fact that many people have left The Sims 3 team to The Sims 4, it's looking to be a longer fix than normal. :?

Now that SimGuruKelly left The Sims 3 team, there is currently "no one" informing us of any updates of the fixes. :?
  • GoldenSaintGoldenSaint Posts: 40
    edited January 2014
    I can pretty much guarantee you that being patient will accomplish nothing. They continue to release new content without fixing the old broken content. EA is sending a clear message with that and that is "we don't care! if don't like it don't buy it" I'd be happy to eat my words on this one but EA will never fix these issues...ever.
  • BircangeloBircangelo Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2014
    Well...when i think of the sims series what comes to my mind is the movie benjamin button...the older he is the better :D so sims 1 for the win!
  • seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited January 2014
    AznSensei wrote:
    If it gets fixed, it will be fixed.

I've learned to be patient after Hidden Springs' Fountain of Youth had a conflict with the Lady Ravendancer's Book O' Spells in September.

That was fixed in February, and that was ONE item.

We just need to learn to be patient, I'm just as irritated as anyone else that nothing is fixed, but judging the fact that many people have left The Sims 3 team to The Sims 4, it's looking to be a longer fix than normal. :?

Now that SimGuruKelly left The Sims 3 team, there is currently "no one" informing us of any updates of the fixes. :?
    I know, but we have to wait for it more then a year, is it fair? Still no info :cry:
  • LindsaySue2LindsaySue2 Posts: 121 Member
    edited January 2014
    YellowJane wrote:
    Once more, this is a problem of communication. People here wouldn't mind waiting for a patch, but EA doesn't tell anyone, so understandably people get annoyed. Keep us in the loophole, maybe, Gurus?

THIS!! If they said "yes we are working on it", "hit a few bumps, its taking us longer than expected", "working on something else then we can work on this" etc etc I would patiently wait for the patch. Keeping us uniformed is making it seem like they can't or wont fix the problems we so desperately want fixed.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2014
    As one who is sure they will at least try the Sims 4 base game - I still have to wonder a few things - like

1- What in heaven's name do the Sims 4 forum people have to be uppity about - as they are being defensive of a product sight unseen? We have the Sims 3 so at least we have solid ground to stand on - even the Sims 2 people have solid ground, but it makes no sense to me why put down Sims 3 or sims 2 other than for boths known issues - but all issues with Sims 4 is a big unknown - and I personally do not see how anyone can defend or even denounce a product before it exists.

2- Most importantly the majority of the sims 4 forum simmers must obviously be former Sims 3, 2 , or 1 or all users - so when they are berating any one on their forum for the game that does not yet exist - they are in a sense bad mouthing former pals or acquaintenances over a non-existant game. Not only do they not have a leg to stand on - they cannot possibly be doing anything but defending a guess. That is to me the equivalent of defending a fairy tale as a reality. I don't know but in years past - used to be that people who did that we had a place we kept those types locked away from the masses so they did no harm to those not declared insane.

I might be willing to try the Sims 4 - but in my heart I really can only hope it will at least meet my slight expectations - I surely cannot defend it against games that already exist. I can't say it will be better or worse - even though I played Sims 1 - 2 - 3, with 1 being far less troublesome from 2 and 3 - I also admit each one had that certain something that makes them remain special - and makes parts of them missed - but I cannot say anything regarding Sims 4 because simply put "IT DOES NOT YET EXIST!"

To be rude to other simmers in any forum is just plain wrong no matter which version they prefer of the existing games to start with, but to do so over so little known of the coming game that is not even running yet per sec - makes me ask - even if I am sure I am trying Sims 4 solely because I am a sims fan (and partly because some of my simmer friends I respect and admire highly did go to Gamescom and do give what little they saw a big thumbs up) is still not enough to even propel me to visit the forums of a non-existant game - never mind defend it.

Needless to say I do not Step foot in the sims 4 forum - so ignorance on my part is bliss - I am enjoying Sims 3 still and I'm really not interested in all the speculation in things that can at most be hopes. I just cannot wrap my head around being rude to simmers who I have probably knew on other boards over any game - it's a game, and one not even playable yet. I may not have much of a life - I admit that- and do not see any promise of even "getting a life" as someone here put it - but what little I do have, I'd rather focus on the here and now - then in defense of a non-existant product and for heavens's sake, trying to not offend any more people than I already seem to and not ever meaning to.

Lastly not any of us own any of the forums - EA does, so none of them really have any right to take a stand on sims 4 and be rude and chase curious simmers off. That is just plain wrong in my book. But I have to admit - I don't go on sims 4 forums and have no desire to go on sims 4 forums until there is tangible Sims 4 things to be there for. I know hearing how rude the ones there are will even then make me cautious even when there is things to see. It is just a shame simmers cannot go there and just enjoy the development - whether or not they are getting the game. It is human nature for people to compare the versions of Sims they know against the shiny and new - but apparently that is not welcomed. I find it sad. Some of the best people I have ever met are simmers - many of you are right here in thus thread.

I feel bad for all you nice people - you deserve better seeing we are all simmers and you should have as much right as anyone on any sims boards without feeling attacked. I am glad I just enjoy being here on all the sims 3 forum areas. If EA had a spine they would get their forums under control so all simmers feel comfortable on any sims board.

JUst my 2 cents worth. Group hugz.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited January 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    "getting a life" as someone here put it -
    I wrote that, but it was directed towards the "bullies" that make the forums so unpleasant.
    You know, the ones that straight out tell others to "stop posting annoying or stupid things, because it annoys them, etc"...
    or whatever else they find fault with, as if this was THEIR site only. :evil:
    Yet themself have been guilty numerous times of breaking forum rules.
    But whatever. I ignore them as much as possible. :roll:

But YOU have been nothing but helpful & kind. :mrgreen:
    REALLY helpful, because you explain things some of us might not have known, & remind many of us of things we forget, etc..
    So thanks, for being one of the simmers (besides my friends) that keep me from fleeing the forums in disgust. :thumbup:
    edited January 2014
    Oh I know you did not mean anything derogatory - and that is sweet of you to say such nice things. Thank you - I just wish people like the bullies could see past the noses on their faces - no matter what life tosses out at us it is no reason to be mean and nasty all the time as those types seem to be. They ought to get off their high horses though as not a one of them more important than any other - so I can't seem to get what they think they accomplish by being a miserable human being.

But in my case where I really don't have much of a life now a days - I still smile everyday and feel happy and actually try to do the best I can to help others. Needless to say I have stumbled more times than I care to count and said something just did not come out right - but that is human to err and not doing so on purpose.

Because I do have more simming time than probably most people I learn things in the game and see no point in not sharing it if it helps sometimes. It always makes me feel good when I can help someone fix or enjoy their game a little bit better so it is always a win - win. I cannot see what is accomplished by those people just being mean and actually chasing people off the Sims 4 forum, EA needs to seriously clamp down on them and make the place a welcoming spot to attract simmers, not repel them as the Sims 4 is going to have a tough time as it is attracting simmers even if players have had few issues. It is still a do over and still a lot of money to eventually get Sims 4 to a place simmers will find the degree of enjoyment they've gotten from previous series. So EA needs to do the job of letting those types know that if they can't be civil, they don't belong on any of EA's forums.

Anyway - what I think really doesn't matter, I just know I won't be jumping over to those forums anytime soon - not caring to be around people like that anyway. Besides even when 4 does come out, if my friends stay here I know this is where I will be - and can even share whats good or bad in 4 for those who want to know.

At least make my play time into the new Sims useful. hehehe

I have a feeling I will be like when Sims 2 came out I still played sims 1 as much as I played Sims 2. I did love the generations in Sims 2 - otherwise I may have been much slower than that moving to Sims 2. In Sims 3 I moved right over because Sims 2 was not playable for me anymore - plus I had a new pc and did not want Securom on it - so it was Sims 3 or nothing. This time I will take my time as I love sims 3 for the most part.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited January 2014
    There are some interesting and frank discussions going on in the IP forum at the moment.
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    There are some interesting and frank discussions going on in the IP forum at the moment.
    :shock:
    Wow, I see what you mean.
    Those feeling cheated & scammed...and those thinking EA is in the right.

I feel any company selling BROKEN PRODUCTS should be held accountable, like MOST companies are.
    But I guess EA feels they are above reproach & doesn't care as long as they get their money.
    I am seriously leaning towards NO SIMS 4 , more & more!
    I'm tired of being treated like an idiot consumer! :evil:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    As one who is sure they will at least try the Sims 4 base game -
    I personally do not see how anyone can defend or even denounce a product before it exists.

trying to not offend any more people than I already seem to and not ever meaning to.

It is just a shame simmers cannot go there and just enjoy the development - whether or not they are getting the game. It is human nature for people to compare the versions of Sims they know against the shiny and new - but apparently that is not welcomed. I find it sad. Some of the best people I have ever met are simmers - many of you are right here in thus thread.

I feel bad for all you nice people - you deserve better seeing we are all simmers and you should have as much right as anyone on any sims boards without feeling attacked. I am glad I just enjoy being here on all the sims 3 forum areas. If EA had a spine they would get their forums under control so all simmers feel comfortable on any sims board.Group hugz.

:D Some of my fav. things from what you said, plus the nobody owns the forums except EA part that I accidently erased. I only quickly go to the Sims 4 forums to tell what I would like for the Sims 4. I don't look at replies as I don't in other threads/posts/forums because I don't have time and because I went there to give ideas/suggestions and not to get in a free for all or be told why my opinion doesn't count. I'm sorry too that many, maybe even newbies, are getting their feelings hurt. I've simply learned to state what I must and not look back. I come on here for the game, to buy more content for it, to talk to others who love it, and to give suggestions as to what more we need. I love 3, which is the only one I've played. I also love to hear from those who have played 1 & 2, because there are things that they got that 3 didn't such as the wonderful standing aquarium that mermaids/people can go in from Sims 1, the Santa NPC(so upset that we can't have this for Sims 3 :evil: only time I know of that I've ever used this emotion con) the lake place with log rolling, and many other items. I think all have a say and I love hearing ideas.

Some simmers think just because some other simmers give their opinions that EA will grant them and so they are rude to them. If EA listened to us they would've added another EP between IP and IF called OFB, which was extremely heavily requested in the store and ideas forum. It is obvious from getting business content via store/IP, getting boardwalk, and getting dragons that the game can handle it and isn't full and isn't broke so that it can be added, which are the most popular excuses circulating for the past two years as to why we didn't get this or that.

I agree that Sims 4 is an unknown and besides giving ideas to make it better, that there is nothing worth denouncing or getting excited about because it is simply not real for us at this time. I also agree that gurus need to step in and calm the overexcited and remind them that this is suppose to be a family friendly forum since the game is PG13 and that they don't own it. Plus, if they don't calm then throw them off the site for a small amount of time. I, too, plan to give Sims 4 more than a whirl. Sims is my hobby and it would take a bunch to not get 4 and it's companions. Happy simming all.
    edited January 2014
    Awww, thanks Davina. I had to think a minute about the standing aquarium and then realized you were talking about the diving tank - we also had a sky diving tank as well I enjoyed my sims visiting. They were sort of like rides - just big tanks they had to get into. The one with the water they wore skin diving clothing. It was a long time ago for sure.

The log rolling was in BV and was one of the activities for simmies vacationing in the Three Lakes (I think that was the name) vacations. I used all 3 vacations in that ep and each one was very different than the others with different activities. They also had axe throwing, and a dance you could learn from the locals that had me roaring in laughter. It reminded me of some folks from Hee Haw River dancing. O think it was called the slap dance. But yes - I wish the three Vacations in Sims 3 had all been different like they were in 2 and that they also included Honeymoons in 3 like they did 2. My poor sims get deflamed for being on a honeymoon in Sims 3's vacations WA ep. The tombs are fun, but I think it would have been better if the tombs were just in Egypt, maybe something very different in France and the Orient.

I remember the Sims 1 vacations as well and they had lots of fun elements too, some of which are actually in Sims 3 thanks mainly to the Sim store team. So I always loved all the sims vacations as well as their supernatural and alien stuff and the farming side of things - so I do definitely want to see how Sims 4 treat each of these things. My wishful thinking side of my brain always holds hopes that maybe Sims 4 could sort of be a "best of - sims 1, 2 , and 3" but if course then I would get a lot of hate from them nasty type that like to yell about repeats. Sometimes - like OFB - repeats are not a bad thing - so I fail to understand why people get so bent out of shape about them - and then they do and we end up not getting a real OFB. So we can blame the "hate repeats" people mainly for that - and what would not surprise me is that some of the ones that mouth they hate the repeats are now missing they did not get some of these things.

I will admit I was not blown away with OFB as frankly I had a real hard time trying to play legacies which I love usually and raising a family and trying to run a family business. I stink at running sims businesses - but at the same time for my non-legacy sims I did enjoy the Toy store, bakery, and flower shops I mainly built as home businesses for my sims elders to have stuff to do. I never had a 5 star - but it was fun once I figured it was a great way to use the elders with all their experience. So I was not really a big fan of the ep, but learned to utilize it in a way it became fun, and miss it in Sims 3. Like you said, they should have included it in an ep.

Also unlike Sims 1 and 2 - the game engine for sims 3 had no limits. The sims 1 and 2 would only allow so many eps - but that limit was not put on Sims 3, and it is why the Sims 3 store can endlessly add more. So to say there was not any room they were basing it off the fact the first two series were limited, and not the game engine this series used.

The problem with this game engine is it has other limits and unexplored and unutilized areas because the technology sitting in this engine was never fully developed and has ended up being one of the hardest engines to work with. That is not completely EA's fault, but the fault of the designers of the base engine that EA bought that came with what looks like a lot of empty promises. EA's error was believing full 3 D would be bigger than it was and that development would continue on that engine. Instead most game companies are backing out of full 3 D. I read a huge article in one of my hubbies computer mags about this engine and several other game engines like it that have actually been discontinued and left only partly developed because of the lack of technology in that field.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited January 2014
    (Oh there are things that I would have loved to see brought forward from TS1 and TS2 into this game, some I just loved playing and others to see how they would have evolved to fit this game.)

I do think lack of communication is a big problem. They're great at telling us about the new stuff coming but not so good at letting us know what if anything they're doing about the buggy stuff. A quarterly update about on going problems EG the fountains would make us feel like we're in the loop and that EA does actually listen. Making consumers feel like they're mugs isn't the best way to induce them to part with money for your new game. Sure the game will attract new players but doesn't it make sense to keep the old, loyal players happy too so that rather than replace players you're increasing players (and therefore units sold).

Haven't been on the TS4 forums. Not that interested at this time in getting the game but if it's as open and welcoming as you guys say it is EA may not be getting the new players they hope to. Who on earth is going to buy more than the base game when if any question or comment is answered with a barrage of abuse? The Sims franchise has always had a good community surrounding it. Yes there can be nonsense at times but it's pretty avoidable and people have always been willing to help and give advise. On the whole I've found these forums inclusive, with people here friendly, helpful and funny. If a place is exclusive it's great if you're on the inside but pretty crummy for everyone else.

Who knows, maybe I will try TS4 and fall in love with it. It's happened with each version so far, but I'm not as enthusiastically waiting for its release as I was with the others. But getting this game as bug free as possible would be a great way of convincing me that TS4 is a thing I really need in my life :)
  • FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited January 2014
    Who knows, maybe I will try TS4 and fall in love with it. It's happened with each version so far, but I'm not as enthusiastically waiting for its release as I was with the others. But getting this game as bug free as possible would be a great way of convincing me that TS4 is a thing I really need in my life :)

I have given EA far more of my dollars than they deserve, so with that being said, my odds of buying Sims 4 earlier than say, 2 or 3 expansions in to see how they handle fixes is unlikely at this point.

I think the game DEVs/Gurus here are great, and I feel bad because I am aware that their hands are tied on a lot of things. The player and mod-base are also AMAZING and this is the little hope I still have for on Sims 3, at this point, to wait for the fantastic and tireless mod-base to fix most of the issues. I was once a "no mod" user, but with Sims 3 and a high-end machine, I can't play without things like error-trap, my game starts to hiccup after a few sim-days. Mods are necessary if you want to experience all content.

I have had many issues, and while I can't download the mods I want at this time (As I updated to the recent patch), many of the suggested solutions (and problems to avoid) were very helpful, so I can at least feel comfortable building, even if I can't actually use live play mode currently. The fact that the game is pretty much unplayable (and not addressed) with most official released content installed is, quite frankly, disgusting. I bought all the expansions, I want to be able to USE all the content. I shouldn't have to install some of them to make my game playable.

I do agree with FishkickingGiraffe in that FIXING this existing game would make me far more confident in buying 4 earlier AND recommending/buying for friends and family.

To the Sims 3 community: I salute you. I have frequented a lot of sites and forums in my days and most of them get nasty. Here, I have never seen a question or cry for help go ridiculed on the forums, and when a poster gets abusive, I am surprised by the amazingly patient way most folks here handle it.

I am a lurker, I have been around for a long time and I rarely post or contribute to the community with creations, but I love how great everyone is. I can look at people's posts or creations and see the love for the game and the appreciation of fellow builders and storytellers. I love the excitement for an ongoing build or project, how many people contribute and share.

Thank you for being fantastic, because regardless of what happens with the game in the next few years, this amazing community is what I will take from it.
  • CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, Kalphoenix, for your wonderful words. They reflect what I am feeling, but I cannot express my inner feelings as well as you did it. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. :)

Yes I agree, I don't know any other game that has such a fantastic Sims community and modding community. The developers and the gurus are great, but they can't always do and say what they want because of their contracts of employment. All together have contributed to a fantastic and popular game that exists at the market since 14 years. I hope it will be continued with the help of all. Fixing Sims 3 would be a great step on the way into the future.

Cheers
    edited January 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Also unlike Sims 1 and 2 - the game engine for sims 3 had no limits. The sims 1 and 2 would only allow so many eps - but that limit was not put on Sims 3, and it is why the Sims 3 store can endlessly add more. So to say there was not any room they were basing it off the fact the first two series were limited, and not the game engine this series used.

:D I can't believe this. All I ever heard for years on many posts from those in the "know" is what couldn't be added to Sims 3 because the base game was so bad that it couldn't be added to and that the game was coded for only so many EPs(I started not to believe this when 3 started to have more EPs than they said it could have). They said that was why we didn't get OFB. I've also heard that only so much can be added by the store team and that big things have to come through EPs. Of course I've come to realize, as stated before, that since dragons, boardwalk ride, harvestables, and OFB related stuff can be added via store that many of those posters obviously weren't in the "know". I love getting info. since I'm not heavily tech savy and don't have time to travel to other sites, but I just wish some would try to be more factual and not base for ex. Sims 3 capabilities off of what they found out about Sims 1 & 2.

I, also, would love to have Sims 1,2,3,4, and store stuff/worlds as a part of Sims 4; of course updated with more stuff and features. I'm hoping for great things for it, including a better base game engine. Maybe they are taking their time and have it right this time and posters will be a happier croud if we don't have as many game problems. Then we can get on to what is really important such as letting Devs know what kind of content we want. I'm also hopeful that I will be able to utilize the exchange in Sims 4. After realizing that cc can hold more items than one can see and that cc and mods can cause problems with the game, I had to take out cc before Supernatural came out. My game works better now. I love cc and took great joy at one time in downloading it. I'm hoping that Sims 4 is better and that cc for it is safer. :mrgreen: