Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKelly- What Happen About Getting Fountains Fixed?? Updated to Add List on First Post

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2014
    sydsyrious wrote:
    FYI....I felt really bad for Tiki who has been working on this for over a year. I decided to try my hand at fixing what I could. This is what I have so far:

FountainAfter.jpg

AfterHotTub.jpg

I've posted a fix at Simlogical for the items pictured with the exception of the frog as I'm still doing tweaking on that. I still hope Tiki's faith in EA comes through before Sims 4, but wanted to do something in the meantime.

Here is a link to that:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=3026.msg15379#msg15379

If anyone tries the fixes and have issues, please post in that thread and I'll do what I can. These are not new items, they will only work if you have the real items.

So anyway, thanks Tiki. I really appreciate your efforts.

:shock: :shock: OMG sydsyrious!! You are so awesome!! Look at how wonderful they look with running water!! Thank you sooooo much!! Truly and deeply!! :mrgreen:

I really wish you had something on your wish list!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2014
    What? Functioning fountains? Thank you so much for sharing, sydsyrious, that's looking fantastic. :thumbup: I can't hardly wait to open my game and try your fix out. That's a great help while waiting patiently for an official fix. I hope Tiki will see it, how you have taken care about her issue.

Cheers :)

Edit: Oh, she has seen it already. :mrgreen: I'm a little bit slow with typing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sydsyrioussydsyrious Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Wow, those look great, sydsyrious! This was so nice of you.

Some questions:

1. Are there trickling sound effects as well?

2. How difficult was it to fix these, really?

3. Will you be working on the other fountains, like the pump fountain from Ambitions, etc.? (Yours may be the only fix we get.)

Thank you!

Hey Pam...yes, all the fountains use existing water animation scripts that are already in the game. All water scripts have the associated sound effect as well.

As it relates to difficulty....I saw Tiki's post when the patch came out "..Is this a Joke?" and started working on them shortly thereafter. Most of the fixes were just assigning the correct script file to the object. Others required some tweaking with the rig files and slot files...but if you do a couple of object tutorials anyone should be able to do the same so no, it was really not that hard. Funny thing I discovered, the script file associated with the Sphinx is a ....rug. :lol:

I am currently working on the frog, the Moroccan fountain and the water pump and will post updates to the thread I linked.

To Tiki: You are most welcome and I already own everything in the store. I spent a couple of hours, you spent an entire year so thank You. : )

• PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited January 2014
    sydsyrious wrote:
    Hey Pam...yes, all the fountains use existing water animation scripts that are already in the game. All water scripts have the associated sound effect as well.

As it relates to difficulty....I saw Tiki's post when the patch came out "..Is this a Joke?" and started working on them shortly thereafter. Most of the fixes were just assigning the correct script file to the object. Others required some tweaking with the rig files and slot files...but if you do a couple of object tutorials anyone should be able to do the same so no, it was really not that hard. Funny thing I discovered, the script file associated with the Sphinx is a ....rug. :lol:

I am currently working on the frog, the Moroccan fountain and the water pump and will post updates to the thread I linked.

You're a champ! What a sheer delight to know about the sounds and everything! Omigosh! This is fantastic that you would take your time to help with this sorely needed fix for all these fountains. Much appreciated - can't thank you enough. I was wondering about the difficulty level and whether that had something to do with EA's lack of coming through, but apparently not. It seems they have some other agenda.

Looking forward to getting all the fixes from you and eager to try out this mod in my game. Again, thank you so much. I'm so happy! :D

Hurray, Tiki!! 8)
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited January 2014
    sydsyrious wrote:
    FYI....I felt really bad for Tiki who has been working on this for over a year. I decided to try my hand at fixing what I could.

I've posted a fix at Simlogical for the items pictured with the exception of the frog as I'm still doing tweaking on that. I still hope Tiki's faith in EA comes through before Sims 4, but wanted to do something in the meantime.

Here is a link to that:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=3026.msg15379#msg15379

If anyone tries the fixes and have issues, please post in that thread and I'll do what I can. These are not new items, they will only work if you have the real items.

So anyway, thanks Tiki. I really appreciate your efforts.

You're a hero!!!
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you sydsyrious. You're awesome. I'm gonna try it out now.

Edit: sydsyrious, everything works. I didn't know that the hot tub animations won't work unless a sim gets in it first. As soon as I had my sims get in both, it worked.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sydsyrioussydsyrious Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you sydsyrious. You're awesome. I'm gonna try it out now.

Edit: sydsyrious, the two hot tubs aren't working for me. The fountains are fine though. I did register at Simlogical, but, no e-mail yet on if I'm "approved". In the mean time, I thought I'd mention it here. Plus I sent you a message at NRaas in case you don't see this.

Hey there! I just got your note at NRaas (I do hang out there a lot, don't I?). I'm glad the fountains are working for you but sorry about the hot tubs not working. I had activated the jets without a Sim in them to take the pictures, so you may need to have your Sim take a dip to test. The hot tubs use drivers from the Grotto Celebrity Hot Tub and the Spanish Column Hot Tub that has a Lion on it. If you have those two hot tubs in your game, it should work.
  • angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited January 2014
    sydsyrious wrote:
    As it relates to difficulty....I saw Tiki's post when the patch came out "..Is this a Joke?" and started working on them shortly thereafter.

You should submit a bill to EA for your work.
    The real reason I'm posting is to say:

Thank You so much :thumbup:
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited January 2014
    sydsyrious, thank you so much for providing us with this fix. Once again I am amazed by the talent and generosity of modders such as yourself.

*hugs*

1280848-1.jpg
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited January 2014
    :mrgreen: Thank you so much sydserious for the fountain fixes. I love the froggy fountain and wondered what the water was supposed to look like. Thanks again.
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited January 2014
    thank you so much for this fix sydsyrious (the second my sims stepped into the hot tub the water flows) i'm very happy thank you :)
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    It is so sad that SimGuruKelly did not fix these as promised :(
    Thank you sydserious and Tiki :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Hey EA!

Maybe it's time to start paying these nice people like Sydsyrious :mrgreen:
    They áre doing your job for you, are they not?

(Still think EA should fix these fountains.
    This laziness really annoys me.)
  • sofie981sofie981 Posts: 486 Member
    edited January 2014
    I find it embarrassing to the gurus that a modder fixed this easily in no time at all :oops:
    It don't reflect positive on my faith in their skill to make a game without faults, so i'm gettin closer to a nay on sims4. I had my misgivings after sims2, and was proved right as sims3 has been riddled with stupid errors, and have been impossible to play at times. I finally gave in and turned to twallan and praice his skills for finally making the game playable :mrgreen:
    So thanks Tiki for nagging the guru's and keeping the founitains on the forum for a Whole year :shock: and Sydsurious for fixing them :mrgreen:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited February 2014
    treintrien wrote:
    Hey EA!

Maybe it's time to start paying these nice people like Sydsyrious :mrgreen:
    They áre doing your job for you, are they not?

(Still think EA should fix these fountains.
    This laziness really annoys me.)

You said this so well.

Thank you for the fix Sydsyrious

I will enjoy using the fountains now. I have been putting them in my games then removing them.
  • treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited February 2014
    My pleasure Karritz

Reminder for Sims3 MT :mrgreen:

Hoge PITB still here :mrgreen: