Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If there is an open world they need to make it more real.

In the sims 3 the world feels so fake because all that happens is you move your sim to a location and then the games tells the other sims to go to that location as well to try and trick you into thinking it's a living town. If you just look around the town it's normally pretty dead.

In the sims 4 if they do choose open world they need to be a lot more populated with sims bustling through the streets and actually having a daily routine.
Such as going to their favourite bar every saturday after work.
Basically just having a lot more sims doing things on their own and not needing to be told just because your main sim is going somewhere.

Comments

• Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think a way in which they can achieve this is to have a set of 'Townie' sims that come into town everyday and visit (hopefully) open lot shops, restaurants and parks during the day, and then leave say around 4pm and more come back at night to frequent the bars and clubs.

One of the problems with TS3 is that all the sims in town lived there and had proper schedules, there were a lot less sims in the town. Hopefully considering the changes in technology and the visual style of the game they will be able to bring in outside full npc sims that work and play in your town.
  • simssims2sims3simssims2sims3 Posts: 400 Member
    edited January 2014
    ^ I completely agree. NPC were practically nonexistent except for various "service" people that just came to your lot.
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think one of the problems with the way it was done in TS3 is that if you decided to get your Sim together with another met around the town it was expected that your Sim could go and visit the "townies" home as well instead of always having to invite them over to yours.
    With proper townies that live outside the world and are only pulled in to make the town look alive, they have no actual homes to visit.

I'd be fine with there being "out of town" Sims that get pulled in as I very rarely, if ever, choose to visit the home of another Sim my current Sim is dating. It's not like I could ever visit their homes in TS2 and it worked just fine then.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • GOOWERZAMGOOWERZAM Posts: 17 New Member
    edited January 2014
    But the problem with that is that it could put a lot more stress on your system. They say they're making The Sims 4 more compatible with older PCs but if you're adding all of these Sims then it could make it really laggy for the people without top notch computers.

I never saw a problem with it. What I really want to see changed is the cartoon looking characters they've released in the trailer. Sims 3 characters are so beautiful and I just think Sims 4 characters look. . . Weird. I haven't really been impressed in general with what they've released so far. That whole CAS thing they released? They're showing things that I never even had problems with. The hats with every hair style, the pants in boot thing, the loss of sliders, they're all things that I never even thought of before or want.

inb4 it's just a game

It's a life simulator and I want it to look as pretty as possible. Good animation just makes me squeal with excitement and that's how Sims 3 looks to me.

TLDR That's probably going to make it really laggy.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited January 2014
    My towns in The Sims 3 wasn't actually that dead, there was always someone somewhere or on their way doing something.

I hope The Sims 4 is more alive. As it requires less than The Sims 3 for a computer, it could be possible!
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited January 2014
    Valandis wrote:
    My towns in The Sims 3 wasn't actually that dead, there was always someone somewhere or on their way doing something.

Same, not sure why people are saying their towns are dead mines always super busy. :?
    kovu0207ver2.jpg