Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKelly- What Happen About Getting Fountains Fixed?? Updated to Add List on First Post

Comments

• Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nothing worse than a company that takes your money & doesn't stand behind their products!

Buy a broken product in an actual physical Store? Refund or replacement...
    From EA: IF you can get an actual "CS/whoever's responsible", to respond,
    " So sorry...blah, blah...blah.."

Feels a bit like a door slammed in the face! :evil:

* Patches that are supposed to FIX things, to actually BREAK what you paid for?
    Reprehensible!
    :roll:

It is very disheartening, and all while trying to push Sims 4 at us! The thing is, I am not mad, but saddened by the whole thing. The Sims has such a wonderfully dedicated following, and if the support from EA was there..... could you imagine the possibilities for the game?! Unfortunately we get no communication (cryptic at best), items that are not tested, and patches that just break more than they fix. I don't blame the Guru's, we all know they work for "someone", and that's the person I blame.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
    edited January 2014
    back to the front page
    NewBanner.jpg
  • CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2014
    What about the new patch 1.66? Can anybody confirm, if the issue has been fixed with this update although it isn't mentioned in the patch notes? :?:
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited January 2014
    My game is updating right now, but I'm going to bet that the fountains aren't fixed. It's every single fountain that doesn't work, not just one or two, so I feel like if they'd fixed the problem, they would've said.
    edited January 2014
    In case anyone is wondering if the new patch 1.66 addressed the fountain issue that this thread (started a year ago today) has been trying to get resolved, here are in game pictures after I patched...

Screenshot-11.jpg

So, no, nothing was done yet again for the fountains. In my personal opinion, this patch was a joke! It addressed two measly store items, when we have three threads filled with broken items! Yet they only fix two!! :evil: :evil: EA you have officially ticked me off!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Double post
    NewBanner.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Infuriating. :evil:
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yes. The new patch is definitely a joke, especially for anyone who has not installed Into the Future. I am nearing the end of building a French Medieval world - Côtes d'Ambonnay - with my friend in Portugal, xSorcier. How sad that today, when I needed to use a fountain for one build and came to check the thread on the "quality" of that fountain, I find we are all here still waiting, about 1 1/2 years later for goods we bought to be fixed. How extra sad it is that my first thought was that I needed to check the thread to see if I had chosen one of the few working fountains.
  • GNRxSas7837GNRxSas7837 Posts: 812 Member
    edited January 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    In case anyone is wondering if the new patch 1.66 addressed the fountain issue that this thread (started a year ago today) has been trying to get resolved, here are in game pictures after I patched...

(Removed Image)

So, no, nothing was done yet again for the fountains. In my personal opinion, this patch was a joke! It addressed two measly store items, when we have three threads filled with broken items! Yet they only fix two!! :evil: :evil: EA you have officially ticked me off!!

Ooohhhhhhh! =[ I was about to load up my game to see if the patch fixed any of the fountains. It is such a shame they haven't sorted any of the issues in the three threads about broken store items. Lets hope they do soon, especially considering all of the threads are from long ago! =[
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    edited January 2014
    When I got seasons the sprinkler and fountains didn't work. I took out the sparkles from a mod I had and they all work now. The game doesn't seem to like no intro either. To bad I liked it myself
    edited January 2014
    When I got seasons the sprinkler and fountains didn't work. I took out the sparkles from a mod I had and they all work now. The game doesn't seem to like no intro either. To bad I liked it myself

So you are saying that the fountains that I have pictured above are in your game and they work (have flowing water)? I have no mods are cc in my game at the moment so it's not a conflict. Plus many other's are having the same issue.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited January 2014

Please provide in-game pictures of all the working fountains (Tiki has listed on page 1) showing flowing water, to substantiate your claim. Otherwise, your statement is invalid.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2014
    The patch doesn't fix anything for me, either. And I don't have the NoIntro or NoSparkles mods either. Never had them, as I like my sparkles. LOL!
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2014
    And I still think this should stay on page 1. :)
    edited January 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:

Screenshot-11.jpg

Sad news. :( Although I must admit I didn't really expect this patch to fix the issue with the fountains. I'm still waiting for the superpatch that fixes the most annoying issues. Simguru Kelly has confirmed that a team is looking into the problem with the fountains. At least I would expect that someone pops in here and gives a short status update, even if it would imply the statement, that they can't solve the issue with the fountains or have no more time to work on the problem. But perhaps the gurus even have no time to respond, because most of the crew is already working on Sims 4 and the rest is working against the time or selling awesome new stuff.

Cheers :wink:
  • sofie981sofie981 Posts: 486 Member
    edited January 2014
    Big Bump :!:
    I am giving up hope on a fix so i was wondering if anyone know of any mod that would fix them ? I would so love to use them in "working condision" and a mod is better than nothing :wink:
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    sofie981 wrote:
    Big Bump :!:
    I am giving up hope on a fix so i was wondering if anyone know of any mod that would fix them ? I would so love to use them in "working condision" and a mod is better than nothing :wink:

The ONLY mod that I use, that I know of, is for the Asian Hot tub to have the water come out where it should (it "worked", but EA messed up the "where") :lol:
    It saddens me to see these fountains so dormant/dead looking.
    The one that came with IP? That's a HUGE disappointment, & it's a shame cuz it is pretty otherwise.
    I have to use MOO & put water sprays around/in the fountains, to pretend they kinda work (giving it a false water animation). :(
    edited January 2014
    SimplySimazing, where did you get the fix for the Asian hottub from?

Cheers :)
    edited January 2014
    I think it might be time to EECB EA with copies of the pages and pages of threads and threads of broken TS3 content.
    edited January 2014
    Great idea, tamalinn. Let's get started. :wink:

• LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited January 2014
    SimplySimazing, where did you get the fix for the Asian hottub from?

If you google for it, you can find it easily. :D
    Here is one reference:
    http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/recommendation-asian-hot-tub-fix/

Really sux when you have to go hunting for fixes for things we PAID for, that EA/Whoever (the blame game again) refuses to do anything about! :evil:

To "whomever is in charge of decisions":
    Oh it's not "cost effective" to fix broken/messed up stuff? :roll:
    Boo Hoo!

You made money off of it...take responsibility for what you BROKE!
    Then give REFUNDS to those that purchased them, like any other company would DO!

The fountains are not the only things I'm referring to!
    edited January 2014
    Thank you very much, SimplySimazing. :D I should have known better, who's doing the fantastic fixes. :wink:

I support this franchise from the beginning of the Sims series as a customer, because I love the game and want it to be continued for a long time. If a virtual product is broken, buggy or not functioning as described, I expect from the company to grant their developers the time they need to fix things. If this company is ignoring issues and not caring about problems, after the product has been sold, this is a bad sign in my eyes. I begin to feel disrespected as a customer and will consider to stop supporting the franchise with my money. I really love this game from my whole heart and would miss it very much, if I couldn't support it's further development as a loyal customer. I wish the company would pay more attention to the concerns of their customers and respond.

• sydsyrioussydsyrious Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2014
    FYI....I felt really bad for Tiki who has been working on this for over a year. I decided to try my hand at fixing what I could. This is what I have so far:

FountainAfter.jpg

AfterHotTub.jpg

I've posted a fix at Simlogical for the items pictured with the exception of the frog as I'm still doing tweaking on that. I still hope Tiki's faith in EA comes through before Sims 4, but wanted to do something in the meantime.

Here is a link to that:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=3026.msg15379#msg15379

If anyone tries the fixes and have issues, please post in that thread and I'll do what I can. These are not new items, they will only work if you have the real items.

So anyway, thanks Tiki. I really appreciate your efforts.
  • GoldenSaintGoldenSaint Posts: 40
    edited January 2014
    oh wow this is great thanks so much!
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow, those look great, sydsyrious! This was so nice of you.

Some questions:

1. Are there trickling sound effects as well?

2. How difficult was it to fix these, really?

3. Will you be working on the other fountains, like the pump fountain from Ambitions, etc.? (Yours may be the only fix we get.)

Thank you!