Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm hoping someone can refresh my memory

Like many of you, I've been very curious to find out how the different age groups will look/act in The Sims 4, so far all of the screen shots appear to be of young adult sims. Does anyone remember if other age groups were featured in the early stages of waiting for TS2 and TS3?

I do remember thinking TS2 toddlers were absolutely adorable the first time we got a glimpse of them--but I can't remember how close to release we were at that time.

The reason I ask is because I saw Graham's tweet today where he responded to someone asking "Teen sims having acne?" Graham answered, "Sorry, we haven't said anything about ages in The Sims 4 just yet."

There will be other age groups, right? I'm hoping that exhaustion is just making me have crazy thoughts. This is a non-issue, right? :)

I was just blindsided the other day when I caught up with the news that CASt won't be a feature of TS4--now I'm scared that my other assumptions might be wrong too.

Edit: format

Comments

• WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited January 2014
    Sims 4 has already been stated to have the exact same age groups as Sims 3. The marketing for Sims 3 also only focused on young adult/adult sims.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    The only info we have is that we gonna get the same life-stages, i hope that the cartoon graphics and the end of pudding faces do then any good in making the kids and babies look cute again,and making the teens look,well,not crappy.
    jr73Y.gif

• mia919mia919 Posts: 186 New Member
    edited January 2014
    That's good news, thank you both! :D
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited January 2014
    I really don't mean to change the topic of this however, this no CASt thing is starting to worry me. I'm really hoping that it will be replaced by some other system and we will still be able to customize everything. I just can't imagine them taking that out and going back to a system where you only have a choice of a small variety of colors they choose. :?
  • MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    The only info we have is that we gonna get the same life-stages, i hope that the cartoon graphics and the end of pudding faces do then any good in making the kids and babies look cute again,and making the teens look,well,not crappy.

Have they said new townies/service/etc won't have pudding faces? I just assumed they would again assign them all the same basic starting parameters like they did in Sims 3. I must have missed that announcement, though it is welcome. I am so tired of them all having the same face, even if they try to disguise it with random hair, eye, and skin colors.
  • mia919mia919 Posts: 186 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Kim5496 wrote:
    I really don't mean to change the topic of this however, this no CASt thing is starting to worry me. I'm really hoping that it will be replaced by some other system and we will still be able to customize everything. I just can't imagine them taking that out and going back to a system where you only have a choice of a small variety of colors they choose. :?

I agree with you. I was pretty shocked when I heard they weren't implementing CASt in this game but I'm sure the developers know what they're doing. The gurus know how much we enjoy CASt--I'm betting that they will have another way for us to customize things more to our taste. *fingers crossed*

And honestly, after seeing the CAS demo for TS4 I'm really excited to see more.
  • rjdreamer53rjdreamer53 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2014
    The developers are only doing what they are told to do. The Gurus are just reporters of the news. The main thing has to go through EA headquarters. Sorry to burst anyones bubbles, but that is the way it is.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2014
    The developers are only doing what they are told to do. The Gurus are just reporters of the news. The main thing has to go through EA headquarters. Sorry to burst anyones bubbles, but that is the way it is.
    Actually, the Gurus are people from The Sims team. Some are developers, other's are producers, some of them are in marketing, others are community managers, etc.
  • rjdreamer53rjdreamer53 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2014
    Callum9432, whummmmm, so you are the person to get to know, seems like you have all of the inside scoop. I never knew that some of the Gurus were developers. Wow ...if that is so why do they, if they are Gurus and such ( say as producers ) not try to make a game that will be enjoyable , and not cause a lot of PC trouble? Well then sorry we burst your bubble , now we all know who is behind the whole Sim debauchery.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:

Have they said new townies/service/etc won't have pudding faces? I just assumed they would again assign them all the same basic starting parameters like they did in Sims 3. I must have missed that announcement, though it is welcome. I am so tired of them all having the same face, even if they try to disguise it with random hair, eye, and skin colors.

They did not need to say, you can clearly see it from the upgrades in the design and adjusts on the new structure of sim body and face, they look way better now, and better, there is a new Smart-random tool, suposed to make randoms not so odd, and from the all the diferent pre-mades faces we saw in the Demo, i assume that this Odd face structure is no longer beign held.

Better Defaults.

Sims-4-Ethnic-Diversity.png

Rather than ...you know..

Screenshot-1654.jpg

shock.gif
    jr73Y.gif