Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Store (YES or NO)

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2013
    I have a feeling EA is going to milk out the Store idea more than ever with TS4. I am willing to guarantee that they will cut items from the game and sell them separately. However, as long as people are buying from and using it, EA will see no reason to drop it since it gets them money. Hell, it's not too far off to think that using the forums for TS4 or 5 (if they make it) will be linked to SimPoints. I could see EA charging money to use the forums. I really can; they're that greedy.

Being a company that wish to make money is not greedy because that is what companies do, make money and sometimes the customer is just as greedy.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MattSuomi9896MattSuomi9896 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    I have a feeling EA is going to milk out the Store idea more than ever with TS4. I am willing to guarantee that they will cut items from the game and sell them separately. However, as long as people are buying from and using it, EA will see no reason to drop it since it gets them money. Hell, it's not too far off to think that using the forums for TS4 or 5 (if they make it) will be linked to SimPoints. I could see EA charging money to use the forums. I really can; they're that greedy.

Being a company that wish to make money is not greedy because that is what companies do, make money and sometimes the customer is just as greedy.

We're talking about EA here, in case you were not aware.
  • Options
    StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Yes for clothes, furniture, and venues.

NO for premium content. That stuff should be in the EPs, not a watered down version of it the stores for double the price. I'd rather see premium content done well and in the EPs, integrated into the games. Not just some separate object with two options.

Probably won't happen though, we all know EA goes for quantity over quality (see: 100 bar recolors in the game & 100 arcade machines, etc...). They were too lazy to even add a popcorn machine or something cooler to the cinema venue, or even make a snack counter that functions (nope, it's a default bar that can be found in every venue).

They are just lazy and overcharge in general. That is why Sims 4 will probably be the last generation unless EA fires the sims team and hires new, fresh people who actually focus on quality. New generation or not, TS4 will be the same team doing the same mediocre stuff and overcharging for it.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2013
    Goldmoldar wrote:

Doesn't matter it is still a company, I am more concerned about EA/Maxis making a game that actually works. Being EA/Maxis is part of a capitalist country it can do what it pleases with it's IP. However, the prices for item is quite expensive, but it is all about choices. You can partake or you can bypass. Most of the gaming companies have other vices that generate them money like Free to Play games which do have components if one desire to upgrade their weapons or inventory for real money or additional DLC that expands a base game longevity which may also cost money. So I guess those companies are just as greedy, wouldn't you say?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited January 2014
    Is The Sims 3/4 Store a good idea for EA? Yes.
    Is that a good idea for players? No.
    I wish more content was included per expansion/stuff pack, and in a way that it would allow us to furnish the whole house with a certain theme, as opposed to having only a few living room items in a 70s style, like it was with 70s80s90s SP
  • Options
    elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited January 2014

A BIG NO! for me, everything is Way too expensive..including the Base Game. :(
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited January 2014
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

Doesn't matter it is still a company, I am more concerned about EA/Maxis making a game that actually works. Being EA/Maxis is part of a capitalist country it can do what it pleases with it's IP. However, the prices for item is quite expensive, but it is all about choices. You can partake or you can bypass. Most of the gaming companies have other vices that generate them money like Free to Play games which do have components if one desire to upgrade their weapons or inventory for real money or additional DLC that expands a base game longevity which may also cost money. So I guess those companies are just as greedy, wouldn't you say?

Companies ultimately want to make money but there is a very big difference between your average company that simply wishes to make a profit and a company like EA that seems determined to not only make a profit but shake down their customers and then proceed to collect the coins that fall out of their pockets. Wanting to make a profit and being greedy are actually two very different things and those differences are as clear as day so please, do not use that as an excuse for EA’s actions. There is no actual need for them to adopt the business model that they have.

From a strictly gaming standpoint – EA’s business model is terrible. They re-release the same game with a new coating on top of it every year (“It’s Malibu Stacey with a new hat!”) and for games that involve content such as The Sims it seems that these days they release the barest minimum that they can actually get away with and then put the rest of the content that should have been in the base game or expansion pack onto the store for the same price.

Unfortunately it wasn’t as though a lot of this content could be passed up either, not if you wanted a proper experience of the game. Sure, no one had to spend money at the store but EA were clever enough to make sure that the items that were most in demand all went up on the store, all neatly packaged in with an overpriced world or rubbish building that cost as much or in some cases even more than the expansion themselves. Even the redundant points system that they decided to use ultimately ended up working in their favour, not the consumer’s. Ever looked at an item and seen it’s been priced up really awkwardly in simpoints? Why is that? So the consumer will have to buy more points than they actually needed which means they end up spending more money than they actually would have. Does the consumer actually benefit from this system? No. Not in the slightest but EA does. How many people have bought more points that they needed to get a specific item and then ended up using the remainder on things they didn’t particularly want just to feel as though they got their moneys worth?

No other gaming company in my experience has ever treated their consumers like this. Your average game on the market at the moment will usually come with three things attached:- a preorder incentive for getting the game which usually translates to getting some DLC content for free, the game itself which is complete and then DLC. This DLC usually amounts to anywhere between 1 and 3 different items, some of which are cosmetic and others are actual playable missions but not having any of this DLC doesn’t take away from the experience of the game itself and this DLC never costs as much as the game itself cost to buy.

Now look at EA. For the sims alone they have been releasing DLC every month since 2009 on top of the expansion packs and stuff packs that they already release. You would think that with these expansions the DLC would be again something you can take or leave but that isn’t the case, they made it so the most desirable items were DLC, they made it so that in order to have the full experience of an expansion pack you had to buy the DLC and then on top of that they had the cheek to make the DLC cost just as much or in some cases even more than a freaking expansion pack. You’re paying twice or sometimes even three times just to get the proper experience of the game and that is nothing short of despicable.

No matter how you look at it, it’s just downright shady and that is why there is a huge difference to me between a company that wants to make a profit and a company that is just downright greedy. At least the former is actually making the consumer feel valuable and respected while the latter is just constantly thinking up new ways to actively rip them off.
  • Options
    peppapig1993peppapig1993 Posts: 243 Member
    edited January 2014
    I understand the point of view of it being unfair to include things in the store that should/could have been in an EP/SP, however, for those who don't want a whole EP or SP and just a few items, it's good for that purpose. I don't agree with premium content being tied to store worlds, although from a business p.o.v. it would be silly not to. And I do agree that some prices are pretty ridiculous and that is why I always wait for deals and sales. Personally I own quite a lot of store content, but most have been bought because it was on sale/daily deal.
    Origin ID: zobosims
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited January 2014
    Personally, I don't like the store and I would prefer if the content was packed on EPs and SPs.

HOWEVER, I know that some people don't want to pay for a whole EP when they only want something like a bath tub or whatever.

Therefore, I will just keep mostly ignoring the store and vote YES.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2014
    The problem is, the store no longer uploads items that are in EPs, so there is no argument that people only want a few items from an EP. They also nearer the end of TS3's cycle started added much requested things via the store at ridiculous prices, that they claimed were worked on independently.

If they reduced the price of a new world to £5/$8, they would see a lot more people buying them than now and not a lot of discontent customers.

Don't get me wrong I think the people designing store content are doing a great job and should get the pay and recognition they deserve. EA however should reduce store prices. I guarantee more people would spend money on it.
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited January 2014
    Molie86 wrote:
    The problem is, the store no longer uploads items that are in EPs, so there is no argument that people only want a few items from an EP. They also nearer the end of TS3's cycle started added much requested things via the store at ridiculous prices, that they claimed were worked on independently.

If they reduced the price of a new world to £5/$8, they would see a lot more people buying them than now and not a lot of discontent customers.

Don't get me wrong I think the people designing store content are doing a great job and should get the pay and recognition they deserve. EA however should reduce store prices. I guarantee more people would spend money on it.

that is true.

I heard many people around the world have issues with store pricing, as their country currency and the price vs amount of simpoints they spend on the same item as we do in the US, is comparably higher in $$$ price

They should also introduce more items that "work" as premium content. New items that give your Sims new things to do, other than 1million of chairs to just sit on. Those premium items and worlds are in a really high demand.
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yes,but not at the expense of the SPs and EPs... Remember when the store released the surfing station just after Island Paradise?
    I think that, compared to TS2 SPs, the TS3 releases were a joke. This has a lot to do with the specificity of the titles- TSS3's Diesel stuff, Outdoor Living stuff, Fast Lane stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, 70s, 80s, 90s stuff etc were all very specific and to me, felt much emptier than the TS2 SPs like Mansion & Garden stuff, Glamour Life stuff, Family Fun stuff, kitchen and bath stuff.
    I do believe that a lot of both SP and EP content was sightly sacrificed for the sake of the store.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    ADLER900 wrote:
    Yes,but not at the expense of the SPs and EPs... Remember when the store released the surfing station just after Island Paradise?
    I think that, compared to TS2 SPs, the TS3 releases were a joke. This has a lot to do with the specificity of the titles- TSS3's Diesel stuff, Outdoor Living stuff, Fast Lane stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, 70s, 80s, 90s stuff etc were all very specific and to me, felt much emptier than the TS2 SPs like Mansion & Garden stuff, Glamour Life stuff, Family Fun stuff, kitchen and bath stuff.
    I do believe that a lot of both SP and EP content was sightly sacrificed for the sake of the store.

Agreed,not just that but tons of premium objects from TS3 Store are just rip-offs from either Freetime or another TS2 EP.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited January 2014
    NO the sims 3 store is overpriced don't need that back in sims 4. :twisted:
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited January 2014
    I know it's not really up to us rather or not they have a store, but I thought I would add my two cents anyway.

I prefer the store to stuff packs, I wish they would do away with them now. I was very disappointed with stuff packs in sims 3 and with my foolish collector mentality I bought all of them, but now I only keep two installed. As far as non-expansion pack content I prefer how modular the store is, if I do not like an entire set I can install just the items I do like and it clears up space in my game catalog. I wish I could only install the 2 items I use from each of the stuff packs instead of any all that extra junk in my game.

In the same vein I do not like venues, and I hope they do not bring them back for 4. I don't like that I can't uninstall the clothing that comes with them and I don't like having to install the entire 'set' when I only use a few items from it. I don't even bother using the buildings that are included with venues because every last one of them has routing or other issues and didn't see the point in making them over when i could just build a new lot from scratch that suits the world better.

I prefer the modular setup of the store, if I do eventually move on to Sims 4 (I won't if they don't include CreateAStyle.) I would prefer to only purchase additions to the game that I actually like and will use. I'm sure if there are still stuff packs that I will skip most of them this time around.

• Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited January 2014
    I really love ts3 store stuff and i use the things i have been gifted literally all the time. But to be honest, if i wasn't able to style the stuff and colour them the way i wanted i probably wouldn't be using it and without CASt in TS4, if i'm getting TS4 one day, then i don't see the point in a store unless they will give us plenty colourings of the items.