Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October 1st??

I went to game stop today and i know the manager very well, she and i are huge sim fans and she always talks to my husband about the new sims games coming out so he can inform me, the manager and i got to talking about the sims 4. and she said it's coming out in October, i asked her if she had a date and she looked on her release paper that they have behind their counter ( not the ones in books for customers) and she said October 1st. i looked at my phones calendar October 1st is a Wednesday of this year. she said if that is the case it is most likely going to be either September 30 or October 7th. She says they usually get the release date info before they announce it and usually the dates are either week before or after the date they first receive. I told her about the whole game-stop online saying sometime in March and she said yeah, they were thinking about releasing the game in March but decided to tweak it a bit more so it got pushed back.

I have a strong feeling that the game will be released either late September or early October
tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*

Comments

• Options
    hissa92hissa92 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Well I read an article few days ago on the internet that the release date for the game will be on October as you said but I don't know if is it right or wrong, However if they planning to release it on October it is along way ahead we are still on the beginning of the year :cry: I wish EA give us some info at least about the release date :(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    That sounds about right. I was thinking November but October is even better. This means they need to start hyping the game this Spring and thru the Summer.

I have a feeling were going to be getting some new info in March or Early April.
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited January 2014
    I too voted for October. I was told games in the US usually get released on Tuesdays or Wednesday. I'm not sure if I believe those exact dates, but October is my pick for the month at least.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think that is about right for a preliminary date, but the final date will depend on a lot of other things like:

How the game goes in testing

What other games EA is releasing

What other game by other companies, are being released

Expected sales, based on pre-orders and hype

The economy and the expected Christmas season.

Obviously EA isn't going to cannibalize it's products by releasing too many EA games. Also EA is not gonna release Sims 4 if there is too much completion from other gaming companies.

The pre-orders and predictions for the base sales will also mean a lot, as people will expect a price drop for Christmas sales, after the hard core Simmers, who will buy the game regardless of price or quality get their games.
  • Options
    DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    edited January 2014
    I sure called THAT one.

Anyway, I'm sure it won't be out then either. EA always has some excuse, so I think the delay just gives more time for them to come up with another.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oct 1st? right before Halloween wow that's a long time but I guess I'll have other games to play by then to keep me going until Oct 1st