Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be getting a new system for S4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2014
    We might be playing Sims 4 on Windows 9, MS just released the news that as of Apr 14 they will be working on Windows 9.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    People say that Microsoft Alternates between a crap Windows and a Great Windows : XP was good,Vista was crap,7 was good,8 has too many incompatibility problems with programs.

I will stick with my 64 Windows 7 by now.
    And I've heard the same thing about Star Trek movies, only it's the even-numbered ones that are good. :wink:
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    v12creator wrote:
    People say that Microsoft Alternates between a crap Windows and a Great Windows : XP was good,Vista was crap,7 was good,8 has too many incompatibility problems with programs.

I will stick with my 64 Windows 7 by now.
    And I've heard the same thing about Star Trek movies, only it's the even-numbered ones that are good. :wink:

Well, i dont know :lol:

I only watched the last 2 and liked both.

My first windows was XP, so i can only tell that i hated Vista and 8, but i dont know what to tell from the previous versions. Actually i run a virtual XP inside my Windows7 just to play old games :P
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited January 2014
    I won't be getting a whole new machine, but it's about time for some upgrades. I plan to check out the Black Friday/***** Monday deals next year.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited January 2014
    I've already got a 32 GB it's a windows 8 I'm not sure if my Vista can take the Sims 4 maybe? but no I'm not going to buy a new System yet
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited January 2014
    I also have Windows 8.1, 64bit and no problem playing any of the sims games. I'm having to send in my laptop for cooing issues but I haven't played anything in a while. I use classic shell for my desktop as well. I'm most definitely getting a new desktop for multipurpose use. Hopefully we'll know the specs by May when I get my new desktop and can plan accordingly.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 2014
    I will probably buy a new comp next year. I generally buy high end desktops with top notch graphics cards anyway for gaming. But it won't be because of the sims 4. I play other games as well, such as Skyrim. It is just time to update. It is part of the cycle. Technology changes quickly. Although I would prefer to keep Windows 7 on my desktop. I just bought a new laptop with windows 8 on it. I have to say I prefer Windows 7.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't think I will have to because I recently upgraded several parts in mine. :)
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited January 2014
    I would like to get a mac for sims 4. And non sims related stuff of course.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    edited January 2014
    Since the sims 4 is made to handle lower end systems.. probably not.. if i do anything to my pc it would over kill the requirements for the game.. but I do plan on upgrading my cores to a x6 or x8 if i can get my hands on a decent x8 that would be awesome.. but im not upgrading specifically for the sims 4 tho.. just my own wishes..
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited January 2014
    windweaver wrote:
    v12creator wrote:
    They said it would run better on low end computers than thesims3, since my computer is not a low end one then , no,i dont think so.

HI V12
    Remember the slogan that EA used when The Sims 3 was being released? The one that said something about the game playing on "Your Grandmother's Computer" slogan?

How true did that end up being?

My grandkids have a Grandmother who owns an "Alienware" computer! It was completely true for them. But how about my daughter's Grandmother? Not at all.

So, you might want to keep that in mind when thinking about what EA says now and what the facts will be in the future.

As to the original question, I don't think I'll need one, but it is getting older, so I may need to upgrade down the road. But not just for ts4, probably in general, I'll have to just replace since this is from 2010 or 2011. I can't remember when I got it.

Hehe....that's awesome! :)
    I will be getting a new system. Not just for Sims 4 but for Sims 3 as well. I want something that will run it very well. I will be ordering my new Alienware at the end of the month. I have wanted one FOREVER!
  • Options
    DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    edited January 2014
    No.

I see no reason to buy a completely new system just to play a game riddled with bugs.

The Sims, nor EA aren't worth that.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited January 2014
    My computer is getting up there in years (going on 4 years old now I think, that's ancient in computer terms) but I usually buy a beast of a gaming computer when I do buy computers and this one still runs high end games made today with no problem so I think I can handle Sims 4.

But would I buy a new computer for Sims 4 if my computer couldn't handle it? That's a tough one...I probably would :/
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2014
    My PC is about a year and three months old, I bought it in time for Seasons. With TS4 apparently working better on low end machines than TS3, I'm hoping that it will play well for longer and last a number of years into TS4.