Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ability to Lie

While I hate lying in real life I think it would be fun for my sims to have the option to be dishonest. There could be interactions for greetings like "fake politeness" for sims your sim didn't really want to socialize with. I'm imagining an awkward smile and bored expression. Teen sims could lie about homework or going out with friends. Sims could "fake sick" to call out of work or school. Naughty sims could lie to their romantic partners about any action on the side if you know what I mean ;). With each deceitful interaction there could be a chance that other sims wouldn't believe you and would get angry. I think it would add a fun dimension to the game. What do you think?

Comments

• XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think that it could make for some interesting gameplay :)

I also don't like dishonesty in real life, but considering all of the other immoral things that sims can do anyway (or can be made to do by players :wink: ), lying doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

It does sound like an interesting dimension to the game :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2014
    TS2 Sims lie but the only one I know is optional is when you can make them call in sick. They lie to get out of work without having to miss pay or use a vacation day.

I think lying is implied in TS2 because of the animations when some Sims are talking to your Sim or vice versa. The Sim will cross his/her arms, look doubtful and angry at what the other Sim is telling them..like, yeah, right....it is clear the Sim doesn't believe the other Sim.

I hope they don't cut those animations, I love that interaction animation. It just looks like the other Sim is lying and your Sim is not believing one word of it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yeah that would be fun, I lie a lot but that's because it helps me out of bad situation or gets me into good ones haha, it'd be cool for your sims to bend the truth to make life more enjoyable.
  • ChellyMadockChellyMadock Posts: 356 Member
    edited January 2014
    There had been a game survey for a possible sims 3 expansion pack about leading a double life that I thought looked interesting (Can't find a link to the pictures of it though). It would be interesting to see something like that in TS4. Maybe your sim is secretly a celebrity, but has a Lewis/Clark thing going on. Maybe your sim has a secret second family (awful in real life, but could make for some interesting drama in a game). Maybe your sim is a super secret spy, but tells everyone he's a chef until the fact that he can't even boil water begins to make people suspicious. Maybe your popular sim is secretly dating the least popular kid in the school!

What happens when your sim gets caught? What happens if they never do? DRAMA!

• v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    There had been a game survey for a possible sims 3 expansion pack about leading a double life that I thought looked interesting (Can't find a link to the pictures of it though). It would be interesting to see something like that in TS4. Maybe your sim is secretly a celebrity, but has a Lewis/Clark thing going on. Maybe your sim has a secret second family (awful in real life, but could make for some interesting drama in a game). Maybe your sim is a super secret spy, but tells everyone he's a chef until the fact that he can't even boil water begins to make people suspicious. Maybe your popular sim is secretly dating the least popular kid in the school!

What happens when your sim gets caught? What happens if they never do? DRAMA!

Or maybe the sim is an Evil Genius (Supervillain) like Doctor Newlaw in Thesims2 PSP.

tumblr_m5u2p0IIOp1r4ghkoo1_500.gif
    i_am_doctor_dominium_by_vexacuz-d708rdu.jpg
    jr73Y.gif

• DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, they should have this.

It should be a skill taught by a new venue, 'Electronic Arts'.

Fitting, don't you think?
  • SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, they should have this.

It should be a skill taught by a new venue, 'Electronic Arts'.

Fitting, don't you think?

:lol: