Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing tube elevator

Can anyone help me with how to place tube elevators? It doesn't seem to want to just be plonked down, but I can't figure it out. :/ Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MJFranklin76MJFranklin76 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2013
    It's okay, I figured it out. :)
  • pak_eapak_ea Posts: 262 New Member
    edited October 2013
    well tell us how you did it :)
  • SharonLynnSharonLynn Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I'll reply here, since the other poster did not. :)

You can't put tube elevators in a building with more than one floor plus basement if you have a foundation. Simply don't build with a foundation and you should be able to use the tube elevators to each floor and basement.

If you start on the very bottom floor your tube elevators will stack on top of each other.
  • WittyladyWittylady Posts: 573 Member
    edited November 2013
    thanks for letting us know Sharon but my elevator tubes refuses to be placed ..

I have had a good look at a couple of empty houses that EA built to see if I can sus out where I am going wrong but no joy as I appear to be trying to place them properly ....

Have other simmers had this problem?? Is it a glitch ??
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited November 2013
    They seem to auto-place for me with at least two tubes - but only if there is space for them on both floors. Then if I have a third floor I have to place one on top of the other two.

I can't place them next to objects on walls, or next to each other. So make sure you don't have things in the way. I seem to remember that wall lights, pictures, burglar alarm etc all get in the way of placing the tubes.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am currently building a futuristic house and wanted these in the house, and it took me awhile to figure it out. The house I am buidling is partly on a foundation, so I had to make sure the tube elevators are on the foundation so it is raised up to the ceiling, also, there needs to be ceiling above it for it to place. At least these are the things I can across.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • AndreahGroveAndreahGrove Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Where can I find the tube elevators in buy/build mode?
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    I love the tube elevators! You can place them on any floor though. Unfortunatly, i am building a house right now with a foundation in the middle of it for the looks, therfore i cant use the elvators here xD. Some modder should make a connector or something for it, i know there is one for the LN ep but i dont think its possible due to the nature of how its placed..
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited November 2013
    Every time I use the tube elevators in a build with a foundation, when I move the lot to another town the tube elevators no longer work. I do turn the lot when I move it, so that may have something to do with them not working. I have not tried it on a lot with no foundation to see if they stop working when you move and turn the lot.
  • MLMIIMLMII Posts: 31 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I haven't really messed with Tubes yet, but I have discovered that spiral staircases have to be placed on I believe the "solid" lines to work if you want to place foundations around them. So I imagine that they might work similarly.

As much as I love foundations, working them with multiple stories (basements especially) is an exercise in extreme patience and trial and error.

• bleedingbanshebleedingbanshe Posts: 146 Member
    edited November 2013
    Here's a better question ... WHERE do you find the tubes? I can't seem to find them?
    tumblr_inline_mm2wuyuVsL1qz4rgp.gif
  • SimJim917SimJim917 Posts: 40
    edited November 2013
    Here's a better question ... WHERE do you find the tubes? I can't seem to find them?

In Build Mode, click on the stairs.
  • lalahharmon27lalahharmon27 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    When you click on the stairs, look to the left column and find the elevators. They are in there.

I have another problem. I just built a new house and placed all the tubes starting from the basement and one on each of the next 3 floors. I do not have a foundation. All the tubes fit on top of each other just fine.

Now, I cannot get my Sims to use them. When I click on the tube, it does not give me all the choices of floors and the Sims just ignore the move.

Glitch?
  • ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    edited November 2013
    When you click on the stairs, look to the left column and find the elevators. They are in there.

I have another problem. I just built a new house and placed all the tubes starting from the basement and one on each of the next 3 floors. I do not have a foundation. All the tubes fit on top of each other just fine.

Now, I cannot get my Sims to use them. When I click on the tube, it does not give me all the choices of floors and the Sims just ignore the move.

Glitch?

I'm having this same issue, after building, placing and then test playing, sometimes the tube elevators do not work, I'm not using foundations

on one of my builds I only had 2 floors, that build seems fine and all worked when I moved and tested.. my next build had 3 floors and a basement, the tube elevators did not work, I took out the basement which was only a laundry room, replaced the tube elevators and it still didn't work

it seems to work if I only put 2 floors and nothing more... I do not know if this is correct I havn't tested it enough to confirm if this is the case or not, but so far is looking like anything over 2 floors messes them up???
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited November 2013

Glitch?

I had stacked them up from the ground up but could only go one floor up, so I ended up deleting them and started placing them from the top to the bottom. And now they work like that. Hope this helps... :D
  • DeceptisusDeceptisus Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Forgive me for bringing back an old thread, but I may have a solution.

For me, building a two-story house with a basement, no foundation, I had to place the first tube on the ground floor first, then on the other two levels. Otherwise, it wouldn't work right.
  • anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think I've got this sussed - as one of you mentioned - place from bottom to top. But even then nine out of ten times the tube gets 'blocked'; like this:

screenshot.jpg?w=600

To fix it, go to the bottom floor, and from bottom to top grab the tube, hold it for a sec, then release. No need to move it. Generally that clears the tube:

screenshot-2.jpg?w=600

You might have to do it a few times however, and sometimes, no matter what you do, IT JUST DOESN'T WORK! :? . However, for the most part, this method works for me. :-)
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2014
    The easiest way I was able to get the basement to work is a short step to ground floor landing and than spiral staircases worked really well. However, I never tried using a raised floor in the basement to see if that would work.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited January 2014
    I've learned that you can't place those tube elevators unless you have multiple floors.
    They are easier to place than the elevators that came with LN to me.
    I had a foundation on the home I placed the tube elevators in because I build with a foundation most of the time.
    But it wouldn't place when I only had one level on the building. When I added the second floor to the building, they placed fine.
  • Kristen9730Kristen9730 Posts: 98 Member
    edited January 2014
    I can't even place the first one do i have to put in the additional floor first?
  • Kristen9730Kristen9730 Posts: 98 Member
    edited January 2014
    nevermind I got it
  • anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    edited January 2014
    I take it back.... Having thoroughly tested all the elevator tubes I've placed all over my world I can say definitively: Elevator tubes suck! They just don't work. Back to LN elevators... :?
  • WolfGal43WolfGal43 Posts: 1 New Member
    hello this is Wolfgal43 where do u find the tube elevators?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited January 2019
    WolfGal43 wrote: »

@WolfGal43, I'm taking that you're playing TS3. So if you are, then you need the Into the Future EP.

So if you are playing TS3, then I'm just going to leave this quote here that has the answer in it.
    SimJim917 wrote: »

• EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    WolfGal43 wrote: »

@WolfGal43, I'm taking that you're playing TS3. So if you are, then you need the Into the Future EP.

So if you are playing TS3, then I'm just going to leave this quote here that has the answer in it.
    SimJim917 wrote: »

Hopefully, this helps! That said, as this post is almost 5 years old I am going to close it out now. Please always try to be aware of when a thread last was active before hopping into the conversation. If you're looking for help, try to find a more recently active thread to join in on~
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top