Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So long Twallan ..You will be missed - Big TY to the NRaas Team UPDATE

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2014
    gypsy54 wrote:
    I have said thank you on a few threads, but will keep doing so, as I don't think we can ever thank him enough for all he has done to enhance the game. And yes EA where is Twallan's share of your enormous profits? because without his input a lot of people would have given up on the franchise a long time ago.
    jimmysnan said:
    I have decided to keep the sim I have of him and play it when I need a lift or when my game goes crazy, I will play him and remember the good days when we had a savior.

Could you please upload your Twallan sim to the exchange.

Gypsie, the sim is not mine I got it from someone else and I can't remember where, so I can't put it on the exchange.
  • Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am so sad to hear of this news but it wasn't unexpected. I discovered his mods late but they have become integral to my game. Thank you for all that you have done Twallan and best of luck in the future :)
  • Options
    CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am sad that Twallan has stopped modding the Sims 3, because his mods and support of the game had made it possible that I could enjoy the game to it's full extent. Without him I wouldn't have been able to play this fantastic game anymore after Late Night came out. I think EA has earned a lot of money because Twallan made the game worth playing until now for many of us simmers all over the world. I am forever thankful to Twallan, because his mods have helped me enjoing the game in a difficult period of my life, when I sorely needed a little cheering up.

You'll never know, how much you have influenced our lives, Twallan, you deserve the best you can get from life. Words are only fragmentary and can't express my gratitude enough. I hope you will always find someone ore something cheering you up when you need it. :)

Cherrysette
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you so very much Nate, your hard work was greatly appreciated. You will forever be our Mod-God
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2014
    I agree with others nraas mods will still be available for a long time to come. yet another sign for me how great this community is. and there are other great modders, so we arent completely with out protection from EA's ways :).

a current hero of my since she fixes so many store issues is nona! http://nonasims.wordpress.com/

but i agree also with the legendary status of twallan, he simply stands alone in his contribution. ..yep still feeling the sting of the loss. ..
    turistas9 wrote:
    only thing that worries me now is that now i read the sims 3 has a new patch coming out.

@Weealbet @Azn_Sensei @Cinderellimouse The next game update is still on schedule…can't say when or what is fixed just yet, but stay tuned.

— Kelly Mondragon (@SimGuruKelly) January 2, 2014

this patch is make it or break it for some of us. if my game breaks.. im done. and i wont be playing sims 4 either :/

and turistas9 this news actually makes the twallan's even worse for me. i honestly thought if EA was going to release one last patch they would have already done it by now. so to know its still in the works, ugh! - what a mess this could re nraas mods.

personally if it is released i will choose nraas over an EA patch, even if it means i can no longer buy store.

I started playing sims 3 because of nraas mods so i could happily end updating/getting store items because of nraas.

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited January 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    I agree with others nraas mods will still be available for a long time to come. yet another sign for me how great this community is. and there are other great modders, so we arent completely with out protection from EA's ways :).

a current hero of my since she fixes so many store issues is nona! http://nonasims.wordpress.com/

but i agree also with the legendary status of twallan, he simply stands alone in his contribution. ..yep still feeling the sting of the loss. ..
    turistas9 wrote:
    only thing that worries me now is that now i read the sims 3 has a new patch coming out.

@Weealbet @Azn_Sensei @Cinderellimouse The next game update is still on schedule…can't say when or what is fixed just yet, but stay tuned.

— Kelly Mondragon (@SimGuruKelly) January 2, 2014

this patch is make it or break it for some of us. if my game breaks.. im done. and i wont be playing sims 4 either :/

and turistas9 this news actually makes the twallan's even worse for me. i honestly thought if EA was going to release one last patch they would have already done it by now. so to know its still in the works, ugh! - what a mess this could re nraas mods.

personally if it is released i will choose nraas over an EA patch, even if it means i can no longer buy store.

I started playing sims 3 because of nraas mods so i could happily end updating/getting store items because of nraas.
    Omg, I'm so hoping this isn't true. If it is, we're doomed. :(
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited January 2014
    That would be the tough decision: if the patch fixed in-game online stuff like Simporting and/or Ambitions careers, do I give up my mods and lose the ability to play the way I've been accustomed (the way it should have been provided by EA), or essentially give up on 2 of the expansions I bought?. :( If EA chooses not to fix these problems (wouldn't be surprised, there are still people having problems with the very first EP), then there's no question: skip the patch & keep the mods! I'm just really hoping someone else will be able and willing to update twallan's existing mods for the patch.

Just look how many people twallan's helped, and never asked a thing in return. He certainly deserves all sorts of happiness, with all of the happiness he's helped us to get from our game.
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited January 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:

Me too, ceejay! I had to make the decision that I will not update my game. It's unfortunate that I won't be able to download anything from the store in the near future, but that's a sacrifice I'll make to have a smooth running game.

Twallan has spoiled us with his game changing mods. I'm forever grateful for him taking time to help save many, many games. And for no charge either.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited January 2014
    Just to put it simply...

Thank you Twallan for all you have done. You are called the Mod-God for a reason. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to this game and community. It is truly appreciated. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited January 2014
    A huge thank you from me as well. You put EA to shame with the work you put into making this a playable and stable game, without your mods Twallan it was a complete mess.

Overwatch is regularly cleaning up 100's of cars and fixing unroutables. Relativity means my sims can both shower and eat and no longer have to choose. With Traveller they're exploring all the worlds for vacations. The list just goes on ....
    Thank you sincerely for everything you gave us. It is much appreciated.

You couldn't pay me to install any more EA patches, just won't do so as each and every time something has broken.
    I'm still running patch 1.57 and have no intention of ever adding more, but so far anyway, the store content I buy is still installing and working correctly and that includes the latest premium content rc's and tractor. (I know they say to make sure you're on the latest patch, but honestly I've found that doesn't matter)
    There is absolutely no way I'd patch again and lose Twallans mods!

Wishing you much happiness in all you do Twallan and again a heartfelt THANKS!!
  • Options
    Bubbles0712Bubbles0712 Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh no!! I LOVE them mods :(

Thanks for everything Twallan, gonna miss your mods!!!
    tumblr_nn60voEf141rcqx97o3_250.gif

• Options
    edited January 2014
    sorry im being a bit melodramatic..wound is too fresh and im still in my pit party stage.

So i do think there are scenarios to avoid being doomed bshag4lv :) ..of course EA plays a big role so fingers crossed

One - no update though i know many simmers would hate this especially those that dont use mods (but sorry im kinda hoping for just store patches and no new game patch)

but it is possible (though i do think its a stretch)to have a patch that doesnt effect mods - this would be the most ideal situation for all. of course we would need for some modder to confirm this for nraas since as i understand it this can only be fully confirmed by reviewing code and not by the end user.

also its possible you wont need to be updated to the last patch to continue to use the store, lydiad206 :) currently you dont need to be fully patched to use the store as Scrapdash confirms, and that could still be the case with the last patch(see i was being bit melodramatic :)but it could mean forgoing some store fixes

so i agree with AMariseS simmers will probably need to weigh the options - what is EA offering in exchange for most likely needing to give up nraas mods (though it is possible a last patch wont break all of the mods).

i personally cant think of anything now that would tip the options in EA's favor but im lucky my game currently is working the way i want it to so updating isnt necessary for me.

but i do ultimately hope EA makes choosing easy for all of us or some modder steps in to help :)

and AMariseS the simporting and in game stuff should be a website fix not game patch so hopefully SGR can get that fixed soon. i myself has some recent java script errors and i always read those as signs of website updates/changes, again fingers crossed :)

🐸🐸🐸🐸 - many tears in north america as well

• Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited January 2014
    Fingers crossed, ceejay! Of course, for all I know, Ambitions careers may be working (they do for some, I hear), I just haven't tried since they broke for me waaaaay back when.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2014
    Like everyone else here, I can't thank Twallan enough for everything he's done. And I think he really deserves the break from it all.

I've been discussing this on another forum, and have to say the same thing here that I said there - I think EA really needs to take advantage of this. They need to postpone that patch, take a look at what Twallan has done and implement a lot of it themselves, in particular the mods that fixed issues EA should never have let go in the first place, like Overwatch, and the mods that introduced basic features like Saver. Then maybe even some others that have high fan demand, like Traveler. EA have already allowed our Sims to move to different worlds, why not travel to them as vacations?

Because like I said on the other site, I think this has the potential to really harm EA. A lot of people will opt-out of the next patch so that they can keep their Nrass Mods, which means no more Store content, and that is really the only thing keeping The Sims going - and profitable - for at least another 8 months until TS4 comes out.

I'm even considering not patching, which I would not have expected, because Overwatch and Saver are vital to keep my game running smooth, and Traveler is also pretty important to me to keep my legacy family interesting.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited January 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:

I agree.

I said it in another thread but as of now, my game is set in stone. I will no longer be patching my game, whatever is broken will forever remain broken and the Store can keep all their shiny new baubles if downloading them means I will have to update. As far as I'm concerned, giving up my NRaas mods (particularly Overwatch and Errortrap) in exchange for a questionable EA patch is a raw deal plain and simple.

*scurries of to do last minute mod-hunting at Nona's before new patch drops*

waves

Hey Bshag! Hope you had a great time over the holidays! :D
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Like everyone else here, I can't thank Twallan enough for everything he's done. And I think he really deserves the break from it all.

I've been discussing this on another forum, and have to say the same thing here that I said there - I think EA really needs to take advantage of this. They need to postpone that patch, take a look at what Twallan has done and implement a lot of it themselves, in particular the mods that fixed issues EA should never have let go in the first place, like Overwatch, and the mods that introduced basic features like Saver. Then maybe even some others that have high fan demand, like Traveler. EA have already allowed our Sims to move to different worlds, why not travel to them as vacations?

Because like I said on the other site, I think this has the potential to really harm EA. A lot of people will opt-out of the next patch so that they can keep their Nrass Mods, which means no more Store content, and that is really the only thing keeping The Sims going - and profitable - for at least another 8 months until TS4 comes out.

I'm even considering not patching, which I would not have expected, because Overwatch and Saver are vital to keep my game running smooth, and Traveler is also pretty important to me to keep my legacy family interesting.

this, what good is store content, if your games doesn't run good from the beginning. he shared the coding .. they really need to look at what they did wrong with there coding.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    AMariseS wrote:
    Fingers crossed, ceejay! Of course, for all I know, Ambitions careers may be working (they do for some, I hear), I just haven't tried since they broke for me waaaaay back when.

oh if you havent tried ambition careers since installing nraas :) do try. i recently played a firefighter and though for a few career levels fire calls dropped it stopped being buggy around level 8

Darkling!! yea nona is the best - she has the ccmerged file replacement, plus has the best advice on how to install a store world if it doesnt show up and she recently provided fixes for the playpen and walker.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:

well said. and i agree since the last patch is just to fix the game i do hope EA steps up. and you are right it could be a game changer, and that would do a lot in ways of restoring trust in the company, especially for those that doent use mods

(but i wont lie - even if its the perfect patch i wont update until someone updates nraas - cant live without nraas game add ons even if EA provides all the needed fixes)

and at the very least i hope EA lists all the fixes in the last patch, many times they leave out stuff, so if the last patch isnt perfect at least make the list comprehensive so simmers can make a fully informed decision.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    also its possible you wont need to be updated to the last patch to continue to use the store, lydiad206 :) currently you dont need to be fully patched to use the store as Scrapdash confirms, and that could still be the case with the last patch(see i was being bit melodramatic :)but it could mean forgoing some store fixes

I'll take that into consideration! I'm afraid if something doesn't go right I'll have to re-install my game to get it back to 1.63. That's an option right, if all else fails? Even if another patch is released, is it possible to download up to a previous patch?
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Twallan for your mods. It made the game playable and stuff.

:) Smile!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    lydiad206 wrote:
    ceejay402 wrote:

I'll take that into consideration! I'm afraid if something doesn't go right I'll have to re-install my game to get it back to 1.63. That's an option right, if all else fails? Even if another patch is released, is it possible to download up to a previous patch?

yea! lydiad206 you will be able to reinstall 1.63.

typical steps, uninstall just the base and install from a third party the older patches, like mods the sims. Then run a ccleaner to remove leftover files.

now im not sure if MTS has just all incremental patches or older super patches. So you could also like today download the manual super patch and just move the file to a jump drive to store until needed.

Now if you have win 7 or vista the easiest thing to do is a factory reset - meaning you reset your computer to the date before the patching if you want to remove the patch.

note this option is currently best for only windows 7 or vista, its not recommended for XP or even 8.1, windows 8 may be fine but investigate further.

http://lifehacker.com/5466794/the-complete-guide-to-windows-system-restore-its-better-than-you-remember

see here re win 8.1
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

so for example if you have windows 7 i would manually create a restore point basically the moment before patching, so if you want to remove the patch you simply restore your computer to before the patch. Its important to run any windows updates before this. oh and and make backups of your sims 3 doc folder before patching or restoring

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/create-a-restore-point-for-windows-vistas-system-restore/

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited January 2014
    This is such sad news!! For many of us, Twallan is the reason our games work at all; for others, his mods are what has kept it fun after all this time.

Still, I would hate to think that after all he has done for us he was continuing with something he no longer enjoyed just for our sake. If it's not what he wants to be doing any more, then it's best that he stops.

I am now hoping very hard that there will be no further updates for the game. Am I right in thinking that at the very least Error Trap, as a core mod, would be automatically incompatible? And most previous updates have also required revisions to the likes of master controller and traveler.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited January 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    so for example if you have windows 7 i would manually create a restore point basically the moment before patching, so if you want to remove the patch you simply restore your computer to before the patch. Its important to run any windows updates before this. oh and and make backups of your sims 3 doc folder before patching or restoring

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/create-a-restore-point-for-windows-vistas-system-restore/

Thank you! This is very useful to know. Let's hope we won't need it :(
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, ceejay! I'm gonna keep a back up download of the super patch just in case for the future.

I don't want to rely on another modder to pick-up where he left off. In my mind he can't be replaced!
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited January 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    This is such sad news!! For many of us, Twallan is the reason our games work at all; for others, his mods are what has kept it fun after all this time.

Still, I would hate to think that after all he has done for us he was continuing with something he no longer enjoyed just for our sake. If it's not what he wants to be doing any more, then it's best that he stops.

I am now hoping very hard that there will be no further updates for the game. Am I right in thinking that at the very least Error Trap, as a core mod, would be automatically incompatible? And most previous updates have also required revisions to the likes of master controller and traveler.

It's actually confirmed that EA is working on an update.