Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you Twallan

Comments

• DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited January 2014
    Archivist wrote:
    CK213 wrote:
    I do hope there are corrective updates if EA does give us a final patch that messes things up for mods.
    Maybe EA should download Twallan's source code and see what they can learn. :lol:

PREACH!

Twallan, thank you so much for sharing your game-saving/game-enhancing mods with all of us. As far as I'm concerned, no more patches for me--my game is set in stone. No way am I risking EA messing up what you have so painstakingly fixed! :lol:

Wishing you only the best of things! smiley_group_hug_zpsbe530654.gif
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2014
    If you notice this post was the day before his departure, I just had this urge to thank the man for all he had done. It is sort of "Twilight Zone" that this happened. I had not heard that he was leaving yet, and I just got this urge. I go with my urges a lot and I am so glad that I did this time also. I can't thank this man enough.
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks!
  • CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have already thanked you in your own wiki, Twallan, but I can't thank you enough for all you have contributed to the game and the community. :thumbup: Thank you for being yourself - a creative, friendly and humorous genius, sharing your ideas and constantly supporting an extraordinary game, that wouldn't have been playable for me without your mods and dedication. Good luck and best wishes for your life wherever you are going and whatever you are doing. You'll be missed.

Cheers :)

Cherrysette
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited January 2014
    There will never be another person who knows the ins and outs of EA's games better than the makers themselves.

As many others have said, thank you for your selfless contribution to the Sims community. You didn't have to put so much time and effort into improving the mechanics of a game that others are paid to do, but you did so because of your love for the franchise. And for that, you cannot be thanked enough. I hope that EA acknowledge your work in some way, because without you I know that they will have lost a simmers as soon as more glitches crept in.

Thank you for being so helpful, patient and an all round lovely person to talk to.

I wish you all the very best for wherever your life takes you next.

Thanks so much, you will really be missed!

JustKeepSimming
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to complete my TS3 collection as fast as I can in hopes i get it done before any more patches come out so I can have a more complete game without risking my Mods.I can't ever trust playing without them again unless EA does something about their game-breaking SP to make it a lot less aggressive in mismanaging our other households while we're playing our selected households.I want a fix to SP that makes it possible to choose to either play just one family and let SP take care of the rest or play the entire town and have to manage everything for ourselves.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • debinsdebins Posts: 19 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for all your hard work. Your Mods kept me from getting bored with Sims.

THANK YOU!!!
  • solosonyasolosonya Posts: 419 Member
    edited January 2014
    He made my game playable. Thank You Twallan
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Twallan for all of your time and effort. I have enjoyed your mods and appreciated your attitude towards keeping them up and improving on them.

I often place Nate in my games. He tends to really get around. I had one game where he was responsible for about two thirds of the children in town.
  • DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you so much Twallan, because without you and MC, OW, and Reg... I would have stopped buying expansion packs after Late Night. You have giveen SO MUCH to this community, that words can't really express how much you'll be missed. But I understand your decision and wish you ALL THE BEST. And to EA, Twallan left his source codes on his page as a parting gift to the community. I suggest you have one of your more competent programmers check it out and add that to your last patch update. So you can actually FIX the game as oppose to putting a band aid on it... Wow what will we do without Twallan.... My heart is heavy!!!
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited January 2014
    Late into modding and late into the goodbye thread...
    My game is one of the only things that makes me happy & twallan made it run. My gratitude is beyond words. I've come to depend on your talent and will miss your help.
    I hope 2014 is a great year for you, with one less thing to stress about!
  • TractzTractz Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for everything Twallen from me and all of my sims :mrgreen:
  • MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you so much Twallan. Your work has been incredible and essential to my Simming experience. The Sims 3 Era will forever be remembered for your incredible role in the Sims 3 experience of so many players. I hope that you enjoy any new adventures you go on in life.

Insert Applause

P.S. You should have a Legacy Statue :lol:
  • amberaura23amberaura23 Posts: 434 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Those who do for others without expecting reciprocation are the kindest souls there are! Thank you for sharing your mods with the world and making my game a better place:) Without you I wouldn't be able to play Sims, so thank you thank you thank you!!
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have commented on this thread already and the one started by ceejay. Just wanted to add, good idea about making sure of the most recent set of mods that I use, that they are in my game. I plan on playing sims 3 for a long time to come.

Not only do I have to thank NRaas for his mods, it was because of a more personal nature and reason I have to thank him. I was in a snit, my adventure boards in WA had quit working and I posted on a thread of this. Twallan answered me and said he had a mod for this. I replied I wasn't computer literate enough for mods and he threw down the gauntlet by replying, you can dl my Traveler mod or continue playing a broken game. :lol: Taking up the challenge, I read everything I could about mods and as of this day, I have increased my computer knowledge to the point I'm helping my husband with his computer...and he's the one who originally taught me.

So, I have much to thank you for Twallan. Just wish you could drop by and say hi once in awhile. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • TisSaturdayAllTisSaturdayAll Posts: 109 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart Twallan. You're the best!
  • PlateinmywayPlateinmyway Posts: 1,474 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you so much Twallan for being the most amazing modder out there. Thank you for helping out so many simmers, making so many games finally playable and interesting, for giving the simming community so much of your time and sharing your work. In brief, thank you for being so incredible, Mod God.
  • cntolbertcntolbert Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for all you have done. You have made the Sims a more fun game with your mods. without them I would not have kept investing in the Sims 3 and continued playing. Once again thanks for all your hard work and I wish you the best for you and your family. :thumbup:
  • avidon3avidon3 Posts: 419 Member
    edited January 2014
    Twallan, you are awesome man! You have spent hours of your life to improve the quality of ours. Thank you, bless you, and good luck with all you do.
    B)
  • lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Twallan. For your years of faithful service to the Simming community, for your mods which have saved the sanity of more than a few of us. And for going above and beyond the call of duty to give us the game EA should have made in the first place.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do next.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you so much Twallan! I wish you all the best!

Edit:
    Murf wrote:
    P.S. You should have a Legacy Statue :lol:
    This!!!
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited January 2014
    Many, many thanks Twallan.

Without you, I would have abandoned the Sims 3 when Late Night turned into such an epically buggy mess.

May your future endeavors be fun and fruitful, whereever life may take you.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow, I've been off of the forums for a couple of days and come back to this! Yikes.

Twallen, from the bottom of my heart I thank you for your mods. You saved my game. I'll never forget how connected you've been with this community. I had a problem that I shared on this forum and to my surprise, you answered it. I immediately installed your Traveler mod and that fixed the issue. I've since installed several of your mods. My game is running so much better now. It's been months and I haven't had to restart this family. That says more than you know. I can now play this game and relax, which is the major reason I play it.

This community owes you a debt I'm not sure we can repay. If nothing else, EA should make you an honorary member of their team, for your timely mods that saved this otherwise glitchy, broken game. I also appreciate how very quickly you would get your mods updated after a patch, so that those of us who use the mods wouldn't have to go too long without playing. You are the best. While I'm sorry to hear that you are moving on, I also understand. Good luck in all that you do. You will be sorely missed.

May this be a very happy and prosperous New Year for you and yours!

I remain, touched by your incredible generosity,

~GalacticGal
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited January 2014
    I said thanks on the other thread, but wanted to put something on here too.
    There really aren't enough words to express the gratitude we have for this guy.

The countless hours Twallan put in to fixing this game, something EA itself could not be bothered to do for us, the kindness he displayed in giving the community these fixes and mods with no reward other than our thanks, is something I'll never forget. Quite simply one in a million.
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited January 2014
    As many of other simmers would agree with me, Twallan, thanks for making all our games that much more enjoyable. :D