Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Set : Homecoming

Comments

• midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited January 2014
    bout time we had some jewellery and some more pretty outfits so my teenagers have wear something pretty to their prom, thanks EA! :)
  • limegreenqueen101limegreenqueen101 Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2014
    The only problem with this set is that generations doesn't reconize those teen outfits as prom outfits.

If your teen goes to the prom they switch to the generations prom outfit. I guess we can stage it by also sending them into a venue we make and make it look like a prom place and with these clothes.

Thank goodness in the sims 4 we will no longer have to stage if were story telling.

I'm not complaining I just wish the game would reconize these outfits as prom ones for teens. I'm sure a modder will fix that though in time.

So even if an outfit from the Homecoming set is chosen as the teen's formal wear, they will change into a random formal outfit for the prom instead? If that is the case, that would be a huge disappointment and I won't buy this set at all. Since the set is called Homecoming, you would think it would work as prom wear.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2014
    murfeel wrote:
    :shock:

*running around like a maniac*

We got jewellery, y'all!

WE GOT ACCESSORIES!

ACCESSORIES, Y'ALL!!

ACCESSORIES!

:mrgreen:

Omgomgomgomg!!! :mrgreen:

THANK YOU EA!! ^0^

Yeah, I hope this means we get more accessory sets in the future. Hey Store team, how about an accessory set only, with all types of piercings and new earrings for both genders. That is a set I would definitely buy right off the bat. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Innuendo21Innuendo21 Posts: 655 Member
    edited January 2014
    The only problem with this set is that generations doesn't reconize those teen outfits as prom outfits.

If your teen goes to the prom they switch to the generations prom outfit. I guess we can stage it by also sending them into a venue we make and make it look like a prom place and with these clothes.

Thank goodness in the sims 4 we will no longer have to stage if were story telling.

I'm not complaining I just wish the game would reconize these outfits as prom ones for teens. I'm sure a modder will fix that though in time.
    Teens change into their Formal Wear before going to Prom so make sure you set their formal outfit to the Prom outfit you want. Someone also answered you this on SimsVIP.

And do you know something about Sims 4 that we don't? Will prom not be a rabbit hole?
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    *giggling at murfeel's comment*
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited January 2014
    I particularly love that first dress in the picture. It looks like you can fade the coliurs into one-and-other, which I always love! There are a few tops available and a dress with Supernatural, but this style is new! Looks fun :)
  • Innuendo21Innuendo21 Posts: 655 Member
    edited January 2014
    Both of the adult versions of the necklaces show up fine in everday wear for me, but they do not show up at all in formal wear. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I have this problem too. :?
  • ZeChouettZeChouett Posts: 1,637 Member
    edited January 2014
    The new set is great ! :D

And if you'd like to have this set, Ashley (Bob89) is hosting a lottery, here :wink:
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited January 2014
    When did this come out this is a great surprise!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    Can someone confirm this works with the generations prom? I was just assuming it wouldn't. I hope I'm wrong.
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited January 2014
    I thinm all the clothing items and STORE ACCESSORIES are so pretty and gorgeous and very cute!

it would be amazing if there were a few updo hairs in there or something?
  • Calico_TigerCalico_Tiger Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2014
    Can someone confirm this works with the generations prom? I was just assuming it wouldn't. I hope I'm wrong.

I have never had my teen sims put on a random outfit for prom. They have always put on whatever I set as their formal outfit :) So as long as you've chosen one of these as their formal outfit, there should be no switching to something random. I don't know what would be causing that issue for you :( I've played both with nraas mods and without, and it has not turned into random outfits either time.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2014
    My Sims always wear their formals to the prom, too - once or twice when I'd forgotten to set a decent formal after they aged up, they've gone to the prom in horrible outfits and the photograph turned out pretty bad, too. :)

So these should be working for prom, as long as you can use everything in formal.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2014
    um, I like the set better today. :lol: Still want more accessories for all ages and genders though! :D
    Aunza wrote:
    krimsonnox wrote:
    Some of the outfits are very nice, especially the outfits for males this time round i think. I am just a bit dissapointed but what i see as an oversight. There is no formal attire for our Tomboy sims. Not all females, sims or humans will wear a dress/skirt. Some of us are dead set against it. I remember the argument over my school (wow that seems along tim ago now) not allowing the girls to wear pants for the graduation photo. I am hoping my Sims are more progressive. lol but really if you don't want to put your girl sim in a dress than your poor sims formal outfit is sorely lacking options.

I am so excited we got accessorizes and shoes though. I never expected jewelry , what a great surprise.

I did notice this as I seldom put my sims in dresses/skirts. Galloping/running in a dress or skirt makes me shiver even if it is a SIM! Needless to say, I might have a bit of the proper trait and the SIMS in my game wear trouser type formal wear.
    Stop and imagine what would happen if we tried running in some of the SIM attire and wearing heels/stilettos too! ~laughing~
    But, all in all... the new set is awesome and worth the extra MB it adds to the game, in my opinion.

How about, if folks posted some pictures of what they'd like Store Team to include? That way they'd know what sorts of details to incorporate. I like to make a wide variety of sim characters, personality types, storylines, etc; and yep, several of the female sims wouldn't ever wear dresses.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    This set looks great :thumbup: It is fabulous to see some new jewelry :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2014
    This set is so amazing! I really really really wish I had it o: Too bad I'm broke, haha xD I love all the colors they used. Plus I love all the teen clothes - we've been sorely lacking in them!
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited January 2014
    Innuendo21 wrote:
    Both of the adult versions of the necklaces show up fine in everday wear for me, but they do not show up at all in formal wear. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I have this problem too. :?

hmmm. I wonder why they would do that? Just an oversight? The jewelry looks like it belongs with these gowns, very formal. I think I'll wait on getting that and see if they "fix" it.

Can anyone confirm that the jewelry for the teens will work in their formalwear? I really don't need it for them for everyday.

I HOPE Cinderelli's speculation is correct about a Dazzling Jewelry Crafting Table! :) I have my gemologist ALL ready! :) He transmor...ya know (and I don't know how to spell it) for a living! :)

Thanks for all this info! :) I love the dress with the fade, I don't even get how they do that, it's recolorable on a bunch of channels? :)
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited January 2014
    KarinL wrote:
    My Sims always wear their formals to the prom, too - once or twice when I'd forgotten to set a decent formal after they aged up, they've gone to the prom in horrible outfits and the photograph turned out pretty bad, too. :)

So these should be working for prom, as long as you can use everything in formal.

Correct, unless your sim has the insane trait, they'll go in their undies or bathing suit or something. :shock: lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited January 2014
    Humm I'm not too sure if I do want this set or not I've already had one Prom so I might pass on this one but they do look good
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    After playing around with this set I can confirm the oval necklace works in everyday but doesn't formal at least for adults.
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited January 2014
    Ok had to put this on my wishlist the clothes the jewelry looks great.About time the EA team puts in necklaces.
    edited January 2014
    After playing around with this set I can confirm the oval necklace works in everyday but doesn't formal at least for adults.

Thanks for confirming that the adult's necklaces aren't in formalwear! :)

Do the teen necklaces work for formalwear?

• murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited January 2014
    *giggling at murfeel's comment*

:lol: Thanks. :P
    blewis823 wrote:
    murfeel wrote:

*running around like a maniac*

We got jewellery, y'all!

WE GOT ACCESSORIES!

ACCESSORIES, Y'ALL!!

ACCESSORIES!

:mrgreen:

Omgomgomgomg!!! :mrgreen:

THANK YOU EA!! ^0^

Yeah, I hope this means we get more accessory sets in the future. Hey Store team, how about an accessory set only, with all types of piercings and new earrings for both genders. That is a set I would definitely buy right off the bat. :)

EXACTLY!! I hope this marks a turning point in the Store.

The Age of Accessories, the Era of Earrings, the Beginning of Bangles, the Rise of Rings, the Period of Piercings! ^0^

I hope EA makes jewellery from different times/cultures too.

- Big ole ethnic jewellery, full of giant painted wooden beads and metal filigree.
    - Overly lavish Rococo pieces, with huge baubles and excessive use of pearl ropes.
    - Fancy Indian facial piercings.
    - Punk rock facial piercings/studs/etc.
    - Hippie/boho accessory overkill with the friendship bracelets and cowrie shells and glass beads and feathers and mood-stones on absolutely everything.
    - And I am personally waiting for someone to make caveman jewellery, no lie. Dinosaur claws and sabretooth fangs and dodo bird feathers and such. Don't ask me WHY -- I just DO. :XD:

And men need accessories, too, EA. Men wear necklaces and bracelets and rings, too -- everyone knows men look super sexy when they flash a little neck or wrist with a chain on it. And there's also dog tags and buckles and keychains and all the other silliness they wear, too. :lol:
  • SimsFan619SimsFan619 Posts: 1,320
    edited January 2014
    This new Homecoming set is great especially because of the new accessories. I don't know how many times I've posted in support for new accessories in the store and I'm glad we finally got them. I hope this is the beginning of more to come. :D
    edited January 2014

Thanks for confirming that the adult's necklaces aren't in formalwear! :)

Do the teen necklaces work for formalwear?

Thanks for the confirmation that they are in formalwear for teens CLP! :)

And I guess I hope they'll be recategorized for formalwear for adults. Since their sold together it looks like it might have just been an oversight. I for one hope it gets fixed!
    Post edited by Unknown User on