Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Call the Midwife**

Ok, I am TOTALLY new to doing a challenge or story kind of thing, so I don't expect anyone to even come over and read this, but I thought it would be a fun little project for me to work on. I like reading some of these stories and looking at the pics, I just don't think I can be that creative.

:roll:

One of my FAVORITE shows is Call the Midwife (a PBS show) so I tried my hand at making celeb Sims (don't laugh, they're pretty terrible, lol!) I gave them all the traits their characters have. They're all nurses, of course, and they're going to end up adopting lots of kids :)

From left to right: Chummy, Jenny Lee, Cynthia, Trixie.
291l1yc.jpg

Didn't take long for the men to show up. Gonna have to find some younger ones though!
2zq8osm.jpg

Comments

• lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited December 2013
    Your sims are lovely, really well done. I'd have known who they were even if you hadn't said.

That's my favourite show, along with Downton Abbey :D
  • smartcat_101smartcat_101 Posts: 253 Member
    edited December 2013
    You've done a wonderful job. I'd like to see more of them. Are you going to write a story about them and share pictures?
    Bookmarking just encase. I hope you do. They look fabulous.
  • RedSwiftie13RedSwiftie13 Posts: 478 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I love that show :)
    Jenny Lee looks particularly realistic with her blue dress
  • Choxie77Choxie77 Posts: 364 Member
    edited December 2013
    Aww! Thanks so much! I really didn't expect anyone to even look at this, lol! I intend this morning to post a short little bio and better pic of each of the girls. I used the pose player box when I played Sims2 but I can't get it to install with this game and with my new laptop, so they'll have to be plain screenshots.

I think Jenny and Chummy turned out the best. Cynthia was HARD to do for some reason. Maybe I was running out of creative steam or something.
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited December 2013
    Choxie77 wrote:
    Aww! Thanks so much! I really didn't expect anyone to even look at this, lol! I intend this morning to post a short little bio and better pic of each of the girls. I used the pose player box when I played Sims2 but I can't get it to install with this game and with my new laptop, so they'll have to be plain screenshots.

I think Jenny and Chummy turned out the best. Cynthia was HARD to do for some reason. Maybe I was running out of creative steam or something.

How could we not look? The Holiday Special aired last night in the States and I found your thread right afterwards when I was brimming with love for the amazing characters.

Wonderful job with your Sims!
    h2xmsbl]
    edited December 2013
    There was a holiday special? LOL! I had no idea. I'm with ya, these characters are AMAZING. I bought my mom the book for Christmas and I want to read it myself to see how many of these stories really happened to have more insight from the real Jenny Lee :)

Introducing:

Jenny

She is brave, good, nurturing, ambitious and a workaholic. Jenny came to the Nonnatus House to get away from a married man she is in love with. She isn't interested in relationships right now, just working hard at her career. Her LTW is World Renowned Surgeon

14sejdj.jpg

Chummy

She is clumsy (she is quite dangerous on a bike!), good, nurturing, ambitious and friendly. Chummy breaks the girly-girl mold for sure. Her LTW is World Renowned Surgeon.

iohtt4.jpg

Cynthia

She is a loner, shy, bookworm, good and neat. Cynthia is quiet but full of wisdom. Her LTW is also World Renowned Surgeon

2v16vs0.jpg

Trixie

She is brave, flirty, good, hopeless romantic, and charismatic. She is silly and lives a little on the surface, but when push comes to shove she will save the day. She is the only one of the girls without a career aspiration. She likes her work, but her ultimate LTW is Heartbreaker.

2lx8sgl.jpg

Thanks for reading!
  • greanead19greanead19 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I love it! I watch the show myself, and you have done a wonderful job with the girls! I can't wait to read more.
    edited December 2013
    Thank you :D
  • LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited December 2013
    They look great! I love the way Trixie is talking about cake in the first shot, & Cynthia is listening seriously :-)

Are you going to make Peter for Chummy?
    edited December 2013
    LucyBorgia wrote:
    They look great! I love the way Trixie is talking about cake in the first shot, & Cynthia is listening seriously :-)

Are you going to make Peter for Chummy?

I am! lol! I'm thinking about making Jimmy too and having her break up with him :wink:
    edited December 2013
    The girls are pretty excited about their new place, but without their, computer, tv, books... well, they have to make up their own entertainment. Jenny steps up to the plate with a frightening ghost story. Afterwards Trixie is SURE she hears something upstairs.

2hmhglg.jpg

Trixie cooked a super gourmet dinner for their first meal in the Nonnatus House... mac & cheese!

sxyc9i.jpg

The following morning, after the other girls left for their first day of work, Trixie went out to explore Riverview and met Billy Caspian. Things went from friendly, to flirty, to romantic in just a couple of hours.

2hzs2td.jpg

(As a side note, this is only the 2nd time EVER that I have had a non-playing Sim make the first move. I didn't get to use the 'first kiss' because he dove right in and kissed her, lol!)

I wonder what the other girls will think of Trixie's new boyfriend?

vwyfsm.jpg

edited December 2013
    Do any of you have stories I can read? If you're reading mine I'd like to read yours too :) Link me up!
    edited December 2013
    The week is coming to a close. Trixie is looking forward to the weekend because she's been missing the girls while they're out working hard.

Friday:

They definitely need to bring more cash in. Thank goodness Jenny got a raise! The bills are piling up and their telescope was repo-ed :oops:

zwcd5i.jpg

Trixie passes her time by experimenting in the new lab. Her goal is to create a new pain reliever for those screaming mommies at the hospital the girls keep talking about.

16ap3s3.jpg

2yl0gw8.jpg

Friday Night

An invite to Jebidiah Wilson's party came in the mail. Trixie stays home... too many people!

2njc7ma.jpg

2hx6lax.jpg

25j9mat.jpg

28mlr3c.jpg

Saturday Night

Trixie had so much fun at Friday's party that she decided to throw one herself.

afhmau.jpg

Every time I left her alone, Chummy plopped down at the food table. Too many yummy foods I guess, lol!

2v1xes8.jpg

8zg2e9.jpg
    edited December 2013
    I just found out that the holiday special I missed is being re-played tonight at 5:00.

Woot!
  • RedSwiftie13RedSwiftie13 Posts: 478 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Aww Trixie and Billy are quite cute dancing together :):)
  • KirstyLKirstyL Posts: 974 Member
    edited January 2014
    Love that show. Great job on the sims!
    imgad2-1.png
    edited January 2014
    Chummy and Jenny have gotten enough promotions that they can afford to do a little decorating.

2ebsmyv.jpg

30mqofo.jpg

2i915dy.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Introducing Fred!

1zxs7cp.jpg

Fred moved in to take over the gardening and all those little fixes that are needed around Nonnatus House.

I made him a loner and a couch potato so that he'd be happy to just sit around the house and I won't need to interact with him too much.

He is also handy, family-oriented and has a green thumb.

Fred is always around when something breaks and needs fixing and his gardening abilities are a great source of extra income!

Every time I turn my back Trixie tries to flirt with him. EWW! So I had them get into a big fight. So far that seems to have done the trick.
  • conorshannon123conorshannon123 Posts: 3 New Member
    What about the nuns