Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear SimGurus - Free JCP Teen Inspired Outfit Set Petition

Comments

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited December 2013
    Signed. Thanks for contacting EA help. Hopefully, either EA or the Simgurus will update the store database. I probably have purchased some of the individual items even though I have own the JCP set when it was first released.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    edited December 2013
    Signed! I've tried to avoid doing that in the past, but it's definitely possible that I've bought some of them ^^;;
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2013
    :shock:

I've been had!

I always knew those individual items were suspicious, but I never even knew the JCP Teen download set came with more than two items! I thought it was just the T-Shirt Over Tank and Baseball Jacket, which are featured in the set's Purchase History icon, as they're the only ones I've noticed in my game. I knew MMAO was evil! It sold me that Tank Dress just last month (although thankfully that's all it got out of me).

Does anyone know which ages these items are enabled for in CAS? I'd have presumed Teen, but I'm not so sure now. :(

Absolutely signed. Now, I just need to find out how I can get that 40(ish)sp back!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh my goodness, I had a few of those items on my wishlist without realizing!!

Signed, I'd really love for the items to be considered owned!
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited December 2013
    Signed :D
    justlurking.gif
  • BlackZanieBlackZanie Posts: 568 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh my, thanks for bringing this up to our attention ! :shock:
    I made a rapid check to my purchase history and saw that I bought the Bohemian dress without realizing I already owned it ! Now I feel I've been had.

Also, like kellycot1, I'd always presumed the JCP Teen set was made for teens. But no. It's only enabled for young adults/adults in CAS, which makes them the exact same items as those from the store :evil:

Store Team, please fix this and make those items considered as owned for those who have downloaded the JCP Teen ones !

SIGNED
  • silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited December 2013
    Signed, albeit too late in my case - picked up a few of them back during the megasale after they announced Sims4. Could have cut them from my spree and gotten a few items I would have liked but ran out of points on.

*shrugs* C'est la vie.
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2013
    BlackZanie wrote:
    Also, like kellycot1, I'd always presumed the JCP Teen set was made for teens. But no. It's only enabled for young adults/adults in CAS, which makes them the exact same items as those from the store :evil:
    Grrrrr, I feared this would be the case! If the free set was for teens, and the pay items for adults, I could deal and would probably semi-happily lay down more points on the individual adult items, but this is just... GRRRR! :evil:

Does anyone have any insight into why the set is even called JCP Teen, then?
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited December 2013
    kellycot1 wrote:
    BlackZanie wrote:
    Grrrrr, I feared this would be the case! If the free set was for teens, and the pay items for adults, I could deal and would probably semi-happily lay down more points on the individual adult items, but this is just... GRRRR! :evil:

Agreed. I remember going into CAS in-game and getting so confused why my teens didn't have new outfits... but then I went into YA and it all became clear :lol:

(As if YAs don't have enough stuff already :roll: )

Buuuuuuuuut that's a discussion for another day! Back to the topic of showing these items as owned.

SIGNED.
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • angelcat621angelcat621 Posts: 350 New Member
    edited December 2013
    BlackZanie wrote:
    I'd always presumed the JCP Teen set was made for teens. But no. It's only enabled for young adults/adults in CAS, which makes them the exact same items as those from the store

Thank you for pointing this out! Add me to the list of people who never knew this. It's been a long time since I had JCP installed so I always assumed it was teen only- what a misleading set title then! I wonder how many people never knew this.

*Signed.*
  • Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited January 2014
    kellycot1 wrote:
    BlackZanie wrote:

NO idea why it's called a teen set when our teens can't even wear it :?

And I definitely agree, I wouldn't mind spending my SPs if the store items were for YA/A and the free set was for teens, but they are exactly the same outfits! I could've bought other things I really wanted and now just want to stop getting offered these items in my MMAOs every. single. offer. I'd like to get a discount on something I don't own please and thank you.

Thank you for all your support guys and I'm sorry, though unfortunately not surprised, to see that I'm not the only one who fell for these items. I certainly hope a guru or two stops by and sees our plight :mrgreen:
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited January 2014
    Signed
  • Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited January 2014
    Back to page one with you!

Just got offered the Duke of Bows with the Men's Henley, Tank Dress, and Resort pants :x :x :evil: :evil: They really need to fix this as I would've bought otherwise.

And no I didn't have enough SPs, so I would've had to buy more, spending more money EA! Don't you want my money?!?! :cry: :shock: :? :roll: :D
  • FlairFlair Posts: 291 New Member
    edited January 2014
    signed

even if I can keep track of it if the store does not things like "make me an offer" are not very useful.
  • NewYork7NewYork7 Posts: 661 Member
    edited January 2014

Signed.

I definitely recognise that I've bought the first dress shown, not sure about any of the other clothing.
  • scotlandroadscotlandroad Posts: 244 Member
    edited January 2014
    signed!
  • DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited January 2014
    SIGNED!
    It would be great if they could make any free set of anything from any major fashion retailer for us.. I mean, our SIMS :P
  • EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited January 2014
    Signed,

:roll: I'd thought some looked familiar; I'd already had the JCP, too, and I know I've gotten these separately.
    oow785m
  • rabidMaddyrabidMaddy Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Signed

I bought those pants twice. :?
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited January 2014
    Signed. I bought some of these items again. I did not notice this. I hope this is fixed.
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited January 2014
    SIGNED! :) I see these on wishlists.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited January 2014
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Back to page one with you!

Just got offered the Duke of Bows with the Men's Henley, Tank Dress, and Resort pants :x :x :evil: :evil: They really need to fix this as I would've bought otherwise.

And no I didn't have enough SPs, so I would've had to buy more, spending more money EA! Don't you want my money?!?! :cry: :shock: :? :roll: :D

I've gotten these offers on MMAO a lot too. I would guess many of us have. At least we know about it.

I always wonder if I should say something when I see them on wishlists, it kind of puts us in an awkward position. I have told simmers that are familiar with me, and I've made a similar post a long time ago before (not a petition) and unfortunately it wasn't taken care of.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited January 2014
    Signed (although as I now own 99% of the store, I'm sure I already bought these :? )
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited January 2014
    Signed, EA definitely needs to purge these. :(
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited January 2014
    I might just own the yellow and green tank, but I'm not 100% :?

Still, I'll sign in the hopes we get the stuff added to the set :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top