Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    edited December 2013
    Omigosh, I haven't updated my post here in a while! (I forgot that I was on the first page xD wow!) Even if you can't help out, I appreciate you all for just looking at it or my wishlist! Thank you so much :] <3
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited December 2013
    I updated my post because I bought one of the sets
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited December 2013
    Had to update my list thanks to MMAO! :)
  • ingram1123ingram1123 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Well this would be the first time I've done this. Have been a player since '10 but just recently really started checking out forums..and happened upon this one

Everyone have a very safe New Year and Happy Simming in the year to come :thumbup:

Updated post since receiving my most wanted item from glenkatko <3
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • lilkajira82lilkajira82 Posts: 17
    edited January 2014
    Just wanted to pop in and say Happy New Year! Hope 2014 treats everyone well!
  • emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited January 2014
    I updated my wishlist thanks to so many kind gifts especially from ingram1123:)

Here is the link to my post: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/7815/371698.page#11601956
  • HolleramaHollerama Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow! I was able to update my list - thank you so much ingram1123!!! You are so generous!
  • lilkajira82lilkajira82 Posts: 17
    edited January 2014
    I am editing this post, as well as my wishlist, with much thanks and appreciation and FLUFFY UNICORN HUGS to Ingram1123. I am so very grateful for the gifts! You have made my New Years Day a very very happy one!
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have seen a lot of generosity extended to so many simmers over the last year, and though it gives me hope for the quality of Simmers we have grown into, it makes me a bit sad as well. I don't know if its just the fact that I don't personally know anyone that plays sims, or that its just my bad luck, but I have not been extended that generosity. Yeah I know, I shouldn't be complaining about not being gifted, but when one joins a thread opened to specifically allow people to get their wishlists out there to be gifted, one would think that they will at least be gifted ONCE. I also understand that I may be removed from the thread for this particular post, but seeings how I've been on it for 8 months and have seen NADA, I am not seeing much loss there. Good luck to everyone else, happy simming, and enjoy those gifts that you have been lucky enough to receive.

I think you're missing quite a bit of the point of this forum, which is to make friends by joining contests, playing games, and chatting with others! The title may be "Gift Gathering," but the real gift is in making friends and enhancing the Sims 3 by sharing your experiences and creations with others.

Now, I notice you only have 16 posts, so though you may have been on this thread for 8 months, it doesn't appear that you've done much else in this community. I know that when I gift, it's usually people who enter my contests or contests I participate in, who I chat with on various threads, or who I see posting around the forums and want to gift for whatever reason, because something about their posts made me want to.

If you're not chatting and making friends on the forums, then it's not surprising that people won't be gifting you. Not to mention missing out on so much fun! It's really not hard to get involved in this community, all you have to do is post when you feel you have something to say, and join in some games and lotteries :)

That being said, there should never be an expectation of receiving a gift, no matter how long you've been here or how active you are. In fact, those who seem to be demanding gifts or act like they're entitled to them are least likely to receive them from me (and many others who like gifting) and may find themselves the recipient of many angry responses.

If all you want is free items from the store, leaving this forum may be for the best. If you want to give friendship and fun a try, I suggest you take a closer look at this forum and all it has to offer :)
    edited January 2014
    I want to thank Reach for this thread, and everyone that gifts ANYONE posting on it. I hope to one day be able to gift others, but at this time, I am posting a few of my wishes.

1: Grandpa's Grove 1,900 SimPoints

2: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining On sale for 910 SimPoints

3: Business as Usual Bistro On sale for 1,425 SimPoints

4: Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer On sale for 325 SimPoints

5: Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing On sale for 325 SimPoints

Wish List
    Will update based on sales and/or wish fulfillment
    Thank you in advance for your kindness and consideration. :D

Additionally, I notice that every item on your list is a "big ticket" item, as in none are 100 sp or under. Many people simply do not have the money to gift these large items, especially to someone who is a total stranger to them and who they haven't seen posting around the forums.
    edited January 2014
    List updated thanks to ingram1123! Thanks so much, I love all the items you sent from my list, the futureshock items are so cool looking, and the pants will be great for my male sims, can always use more pants for them! :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/371698.page#5245797
  • ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited January 2014
    My Wishlist

1) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes (1,900 SP)

2) Surfing Side Braid (100 SP)

3) Wood-framed Bedstead (100 SP)

4) MultiTab 6000 (270 SP)

5) Auto-Noms Automatic Pet Feeding Station (450 SP)

LINK TO MY WISHLIST: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ritaroxy12

• sueellen422sueellen422 Posts: 425 New Member
    edited February 2014
    first of all id like to say this is a great idea and cant wait to start gifting! :)

1. slanted beret hairstyle for toddlers (100sp)
    2. lullabies and nursery rhymes (1900sp)
    3. wilderness dreaming (600sp)
    4. Toddler playpen (500sp)
    5. little lullaby crib (100sp)

my wishlist : http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=sueellen422#

thanks! all the items are to do with children since i am half way through a 100 baby challenge! wish me luck :)

thanks to ritaroxy12 for the pixie bow hairstyle :)
    edited January 2014
    first of all id like to say this is a great idea and cant wait to start gifting! :)

4. pixie bow toddler hairstyles (25sp)

thanks! all the items are to do with children since i am half way through a 100 baby challenge! wish me luck :)

I've gifted you the pixie bow toddler hairstyles you wanted. Would you be able to gift me something?
  • sueellen422sueellen422 Posts: 425 New Member
    edited January 2014
    ritaroxy12 wrote:

I've gifted you the pixie bow toddler hairstyles you wanted. Would you be able to gift me something?

thanks so much! im not able to at the moment because i just gifted someone 50sp now i have only 50sp! i will as soon as i get more points!
  • ZeChouettZeChouett Posts: 1,637 Member
    edited January 2014
    List updated

Thank you !!
    edited January 2014
    Hope everyone is having an amazing New year so far :) I'm glad that whoever I gifted enjoyed their gifts, but I honestly would of done it anonymously if that would of been possible...altho at least now I know you actually do receive the gifts that are sent. I just started doing this, so had some concerns maybe I would screw it up in some way lol. Everyone have a great day, weekend's almost here!! I have the day off so I'm gonna veg all day for the first day in 2 weeks, possibly do some Simming :D:D:D
    edited January 2014
    ritaroxy12 wrote:

Hello, just wanted to tell you that this is not the way this forum works. Yes, many people like to gift back the people who gifted them, but it's NEVER an expectation, as many people don't have the means to gift simpoints.
    edited January 2014
    ritaroxy12 wrote:

thanks so much! im not able to at the moment because i just gifted someone 50sp now i have only 50sp! i will as soon as i get more points!

Okay that's fine :D
    edited January 2014
    @Jojo777 I know, I wasn't saying I had to get something back. It's just that I know some people out there spend loads on SimPoints for themselves only and expect more gifted to them. I wasn't expecting anything back, don't worry
    edited January 2014
    I want to give glenkatko a big HUG for my wonderful and much appreciated gift :) Brought tears to my eyes...thank you again for your generosity and have an amazing new year !!
  • TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited January 2014
  • glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited January 2014
    A huge thank you to ingram1123 for the very awesome gift! OMG, that was so unexpected, but I love it! Thank you so very much!

updated list