Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sandraelle, what a gorgeous build! :D I love the design! Very eye catching architecture. Kudos for your landscaping skills too. It just makes the log cabin more beautiful! :D Love the pool area and that garage area. Love how you have used the stones to create a path. Inside, the kitchen, living room and bedrooms are stunning! A BIG recommendation from me. Great job! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • PolysporinPolysporin Posts: 945 Member
    edited December 2013
    Beautiful cabin, love those great big windows and the pool. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited December 2013
    I will repost here what I wrote in the contest thread.
    Lakeside Delight is a very nice log cabin home. :) Very nice exterior of it! Great roofing. It looks very nice in Wintertime with the snow covering it. It looks great that you have lined the edges of the pathway with stones. The bear and sign near the postbox looks great. It looks nice how you have placed the trees and plants in the front garden area, and throughout the outdoors areas. Nice front porch. The wheel chair is great for sims to sit on outdoors and enjoy looking at what is happening outside, and the wreaths on the front door and bow garlands look very festive. The barn looks great. Great way you have placed the windows on the front side of the barn and the barn door looks good. Great furnishing of the barn. The hay bundles and horse items look good. Great upper level area of the barn for sims to go to play the arcade game or foosball, sit and relax, and listen to music from the juke box. Great to have the vending machine for sims to get a can of drink or a candy bar from. Very nice pool area. The paving there looks great. Nice shape of the pool and the side rock water fountain going into the pool looks nice. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the loungers under the umbrella poolside. Nice sitting area near the pond for sims to sit on the seats and rest after doing some fishing. Great to have the picnic table for sims to eat outdoors or sit and use their laptop on. Nice covered over hot tub area for sims to relax in the tub. The circular stone pathway leading to the greenhouse and rose garden looks great. Very nice greenhouse. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants indoors there. It looks nice how you have set up the plants there. Great to have the swift gro item to help sims with the gardening. The sink area looks good, and great furnishing of the greenhouse with the various plant themed/produce/gardening décor. The hanging pot plants and spade look great. Very nice rose garden. Nice back patio for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors. Very nice furnishing of the interior! It looks a nice warm place for sims to live. The 2 storey great room looks very nice. It looks great how you have placed the plants/flowers on the corner nook shelf area above the tv! The hanging stockings and bow garland above the fireplace and the candles on the fireplace ledge looks nice. Nice patterning of the floor mat and the sofas/armchair.. It looks a nice place for the family of sims to gather together and sit and relax on the seats , watch tv, listen to music from the stereo with the warmth of the fireplace to keep them warm. The scenic picture, the bells and the deer head on the wall look great. The Christmas tree in the corner looks pretty. Sims will like sitting there and looking out at the pool area. Nice dining area. Nice type of seats/table that you have used. The floor mat under the table looks great with the patterning of the seats. The nearby plates/chicken cabinet looks homely and the grilled cheese sandwich picture suits the room. Great design of the kitchen. The blinds look nice. Great island counter area for sims to eat at on the bar stools and also cook on the oven there. The flan and the fruit bowl on the counters and the house picture on the wall are nice touches.. The hanging pots and pan over the barstool/cooking counter look great. The coat/hat stand near the front door looks good. The festive patterned circular floor mat at the entrance looks nice. Great laundry. It looks great how you have created an alcove for clothes and shoes. Very nice nursery. Nice shades of blue and yellow you have used there. The patterned floor mat looks great. The hanging monkey on the wall looks cute. Great wall shelf décor. Little sims will like seeing the giraffe picture whilst in their cot. Nice furnishing of the bedrooms. Nice sitting area in the master bed room with the 2 arm chairs either side of the fireplace. Nice pattern you have used for the bed, and the room looks very natural themed. The sunflower picture on the wall and the sunflowers on the dresser is nice. Nice upper level sitting and reading area. Nice patterning of the seats. The armchairs look comfortable for resting and having a read of a book. The portraits on the wall look nice. Great loft study desk and tv watching area. It looks a great place to relax. The mounted fish on the wall on the sides of the fishing picture look great. Nice touch to have the fish bowl on the coffee table. The wheel table looks great. Sims will have fun playing chess there and build up their logic skill at the same time. It looks nice how you have set up the hobby room. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel that you have placed next to the window. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in on them as they paint, and also look out at what is happening outdoors. Nice leafy wall pattern. Sims will enjoy resting there in the rocking chair. It looks great how you have done the counters workspace. Nice shade of red and pattern you used in the guest bedroom.. The dresser alcove looks nice. The cat picture on the wall looks great. The pots of flowers there are nice for sims to see when in their bedroom. Great design of the garage to have a magic room on the upper level. Great furnishing of this room. Sims will enjoy creating elixirs on the alchemy station. , The tapestry on the wall looks nice, and great study desk there with the book décor on top of it. The floor mats there look great. It is very nice that you have created an area at the end of the hallway in the main house for the sims to display their wedding pictures and wedding bouquet. It is a very nice touch!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited December 2013
    Love the shape of your cabin! Specially love the landscaping! :D
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited December 2013
    Gorgeous Cabin. Great architecture, landscaping and interiors as always. Rec'd.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited December 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Sandraelle, what a gorgeous build! I love the design! Very eye catching architecture. Kudos for your landscaping skills too. It just makes the log cabin more beautiful! Love the pool area and that garage area. Love how you have used the stones to create a path. Inside, the kitchen, living room and bedrooms are stunning! A BIG recommendation from me. Great job
    Thank you so much yanti! And thank you for your comment about my landscaping, I feel I’m very weak at it and struggle when I go to do it so I appreciate you mentioning it. That’s one thing I wish EA would give us is stepping stones, so I had make my own with the round rug, lol.
    Polysporin wrote:
    Beautiful cabin, love those great big windows and the pool. :)
    Thank you polysporin! I really wanted to put it in the big windows to take advantage of the property.
    romagi1 wrote:
    Love the shape of your cabin! Specially love the landscaping! :D
    Thank you so much romagi, I always envy all of your builds so your comments are very much appreciated!!
    Gorgeous Cabin. Great architecture, landscaping and interiors as always. Rec'd.
    Glad you stopped by and liked my cabin walkingstick. I always like to hear from you and appreciate your comments and rec!

@Rosemow, thank you again for reposting all of your lovely comments here as well, I appreciate it.

• trishaanne1987trishaanne1987 Posts: 834 Member
    edited December 2013
    I love love love your Lakeside Delight!! The backyard with the big pond and cute little pool is beautiful! I love the interior design of all the rooms quite honestly but I love the colors and furniture you used in the master bedroom! All around gorgeous home! Rec'd :D
    Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sandraelle, Lakeside Delight truly is a Delight! I could move right in. It's so homey and cheerful. One of my favorite things is that wicked cool plant shelf over the fireplace. What a unique idea! I love the loft and the closets you put in. I hardly ever do closets and I always think how cool they look when I see them. The outdoor area with that awesome pond and pool area is just fabulous. I love the little sitting spot for two! Really pretty Christmas patterns for the furniture. Rec'd. Good luck in the contest! :D
    edited December 2013
    I love love love your Lakeside Delight!! The backyard with the big pond and cute little pool is beautiful! I love the interior design of all the rooms quite honestly but I love the colors and furniture you used in the master bedroom! All around gorgeous home! Rec'd :D

Thank you so much for the compliments and the rec Trishaanne!! Yeah I wanted the log house to feel a little rustic so I thought those colors and patterns worked good for the master. Thanks again! :D
    edited December 2013
    Sandraelle, Lakeside Delight truly is a Delight! I could move right in. It's so homey and cheerful. One of my favorite things is that wicked cool plant shelf over the fireplace. What a unique idea! I love the loft and the closets you put in. I hardly ever do closets and I always think how cool they look when I see them. The outdoor area with that awesome pond and pool area is just fabulous. I love the little sitting spot for two! Really pretty Christmas patterns for the furniture. Rec'd. Good luck in the contest! :D

Thank you very much Cath. Yeah, that's the first time I put in a plant shelf in one of my builds, but we have them a lot out here in Arizona styled homes so I decided to put one in. And I always add closets to my houses because I want them to be realistic (even though Sims don't use them), lol. Good luck to you too in the contest, I think you have a really good shot at 1st place!
    edited May 2019
    STERLING POINTE, 60x60 residential lot, 12/23/13

DOWNLOAD
    (sorry I noticed I made a typo in the exchange download title and inadvertently left off the "e" on Pointe)

PICTURES

Sterling Pointe was created for Bob89's Family Dream Home contest. We had to make an advertisement to try and sell our house to a single father with 3 children. There was no budget or lot size (my favorite type of build, lol).

This is my description of the house from the contest:

Jarred found the advertisement for Sterling Pointe and fell in love instantly. The house is perfect for him and his children as it had everything they wanted, AND MORE! They have since moved in and couldn’t be happier. What sold him on it was the fact that this house had a private office in the master bedroom so he could do his work and that there was so much entertainment space for the kids.

Sterling Pointe is a beautifully decorated 3-story brick home with 3 balconies, 2 courtyards, an attached garage/workshop and a finished basement.

The main floor consists of a large entryway that’s open to the formal dining room and formal living room, a wet bar, a cozy library with 3 computers, a large kitchen with a breakfast bar and a kitchen nook (perfect for family meals), a walk-in pantry, a family room with a fireplace, a mudroom, a laundry room, a guest bedroom with private bath and a powder room. Also on the ground floor is a 2-car garage with an attached workshop. There is also an elevator off of the foyer that leads to all floors, but the only way to the basement and the 3rd floor is via the elevator. How cool is that!!?!

Jarred, Matthew, Kyle and Isabella are loving their new home!

9ODOVXP.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    edited December 2013
    Sterling Pointe is a very nice home! :) Great exterior of it, very nicely done outdoors areas for sims to enjoy spending time outdoors, and very nice furnishing of the interior! There are so many great details in it! Great designing of it! The outdoors pool and hot tub area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the shape of the pool and have the 3 rock waterfall fountains there. The way you have placed the plants and flowers there are very nice. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Isabella's bedroom is so very pretty! Very pretty floral patterns that you have used for the walls ,curtains and bed in her bedroom.. Nice shades of pink and green that you have used. The hanging pink star lights look nice. Great window ledge with the toys on it. The teddy looks cute on the floor resting against the cushions. Very nice accompanying bathroom for her. Nice pattern that you have used for the walls. Great design of the kitchen. The island bar stool eating counter is nice. The fruit bowls and cupcake stand on the counters are nice touches. Nice texture/colour you have used for the countertops in the kitchen. Nice eating nook off from the kitchen. It looks great that it is surrounded by windows. , making it a nice light sunny place for sims to enjoy eating a tasty meal. Nice patterning of and way you have placed the curtains there and nice wall pattern between the windows. Very nice library. The wall of bookcases looks great. It look great how you have created a large study desk table and placed the computers and chairs either side of the table so that 2 sims can study together at the same time facing each other. Great study desk wall alcove too. Nice window sofa seating area for sims to sit,relax and read a book with the sunlight coming in onto them. I am sorry that I can't comment on all the pictures and rooms because there are so many great details in your home! I am enjoying looking at the pictures and our sims will very much enjoy exploring all the rooms, and living their sims lives in your home!
    I hope that you and your family have a very special Christmastime! :)
    edited December 2013
    WOW Sandra! :D Sterling Pointe looks awesome! Love the architecture and that pool area. Recommended. Good job! :thumbup: :thumbup: Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you. ((Hugs)) :D
    edited December 2013
    Thank you so very much Rosemow and Yanti for visiting my thread and for your lovely comments. And thank you for the holiday wishes, I wish you both a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too.
    edited December 2013
    Just a little bumpity bump to say that I hope everyone had a really nice holiday. I had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my family and am so blessed to have them all here to share good food, games and fun with.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2013
    A gorgeous, inviting home, beautifully presented. I'm sold!
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited December 2013
    I am glad that you had a special Christmas time with your family :) I hope that these last days of 2013 hold many nice times for you.
  • CloudyAngel97CloudyAngel97 Posts: 27
    edited December 2013
    Hello. I really am liking the looks of this house and would love to get it. But I see that in one of the picks you have some wall decorations that are from the Pets expansion pack (which I do own). With the fact that if you don't have a specific expansion pack installed, there is content that you cannot use, which can totally destroy something that is usually amazing, would you be willing to tell me what EPs may have some furniture placed in this home? I am wondering because if there are a lot of items from EPs and SPs that I do not have, then unfortunately I will not download this house for fear of the "replacement" items totally ruining the true beauty of this home. Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hopefully being able to obtain this wonderful piece of property.

- Angel (Cloudyangel97)
    edited December 2013
    Hello. I really am liking the looks of this house and would love to get it. But I see that in one of the picks you have some wall decorations that are from the Pets expansion pack (which I do own). With the fact that if you don't have a specific expansion pack installed, there is content that you cannot use, which can totally destroy something that is usually amazing, would you be willing to tell me what EPs may have some furniture placed in this home? I am wondering because if there are a lot of items from EPs and SPs that I do not have, then unfortunately I will not download this house for fear of the "replacement" items totally ruining the true beauty of this home. Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hopefully being able to obtain this wonderful piece of property.

- Angel (Cloudyangel97)

Thank you very much CloudyAngel. If you click on my "download link" in my post, it takes you to the Sims 3 Exchange page and then click on the "items" tab, it shows you all of the EP's/SP's used for that build, along with all of the store items. Looking at it now, it appears that I used quite a bit of store content and EP's (in fact it looks like I used most of them). Sorry about that if you don't have a lot of them, but I appreciate you visiting and liking my build and I hope you can download it. One day I will build a house with just the base game, but it will be a challenge for me, lol!
    edited December 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    A gorgeous, inviting home, beautifully presented. I'm sold!

Thank you very much GreenCats, I appreciate that. I'll tell you what, you can have it for free! How's that for a gonga deal? LOL
    edited December 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    I am glad that you had a special Christmas time with your family :) I hope that these last days of 2013 hold many nice times for you.

Thank you Rose. Yes, it was a very special Christmas. I hope that you had some special family time too. Happy New Year to you too and hoping that 2014 is an awesome year for you.
    edited May 2019
    So apparently, I'm addicted to entering building competitions (and there's been a lot of them in the past few months) so when I do build something that's not for a contest, I neglect taking the photos and getting it uploaded in a timely manner. So now that I'm inbetween contests, here's a houseboat that I started back in October.

PAPAPYA DREAM, 8X16 houseboat, 12/27/13

DOWNLOAD

PICTURES

Contemporary 3-story houseboat with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, laundry room, 2 balconies, hot tub, bar and deck space for bbq'ing and relaxing.

P3hOIqp.jpg

Post edited by Sandraelle on
    edited December 2013
    Papaya Dream is a very nice houseboat. :) Great exterior of it. Nice shade of blue that you have used for the exterior. Very nice papaya colour shade that you have used for the interior and parts of the exterior. The patio/balcony fencing that you have used looks nice. Great patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq in the sea air and eating outdoors relaxing on the chairs. Very nice outdoors covered over hot tub area for sims to enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Very nice furnishing of the interior. It looks great how you have done the curved sofa seating areas in the living room. Nice pattern of the floor mat and curtains there. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the seating, and reading a book, listening to music from the music player, or watching the tv. The picture on the wall above the sofa seating suits the room very well. It looks great how you have done the area of the sofa seating , mat, larger coffee table and end sectional sofa tables to create a nice living area space, and then have the tv /bookcase section of the other sofa seating Great study desk nook area next to the kitchen for sims to use a computer at. Nice patterns that you have used for the beds and bedroom curtains. Nice window sitting areas in the bedrooms for sims to sit there and look out at what is happening on the sea. Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst in bed, Nice upper balcony areas for sims to sit out on and relax on the loungers.
    It is a very nice houseboat to sail the sims seas in! :)
    edited December 2013
    Ah what a lovely houseboat! :D Beautiful colours and I love the way you have decorated. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: By the way, you have forgetten to put the download link. I visited your studio to recommend your houseboat. :D
    edited December 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Papaya Dream is a very nice houseboat. :) Great exterior of it. Nice shade of blue that you have used for the exterior. Very nice papaya colour shade that you have used for the interior and parts of the exterior. The patio/balcony fencing that you have used looks nice. Great patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq in the sea air and eating outdoors relaxing on the chairs. Very nice outdoors covered over hot tub area for sims to enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Very nice furnishing of the interior. It looks great how you have done the curved sofa seating areas in the living room. Nice pattern of the floor mat and curtains there. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the seating, and reading a book, listening to music from the music player, or watching the tv. The picture on the wall above the sofa seating suits the room very well. It looks great how you have done the area of the sofa seating , mat, larger coffee table and end sectional sofa tables to create a nice living area space, and then have the tv /bookcase section of the other sofa seating Great study desk nook area next to the kitchen for sims to use a computer at. Nice patterns that you have used for the beds and bedroom curtains. Nice window sitting areas in the bedrooms for sims to sit there and look out at what is happening on the sea. Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst in bed, Nice upper balcony areas for sims to sit out on and relax on the loungers.
    It is a very nice houseboat to sail the sims seas in! :)

Thank you Rose! I always look forward to reading your lovely comments!! :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top