Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can we place university buildings in a normal town?

is there an option to do this and would it work the same way?, has anyone tried to place the university buildings in Sunset Valley or other worlds, to have their own university experience in the same town that your sims live in? example, my sims live in Sunset Valley, and if I plonk down the university buildings and dorms in my town, would they work exactly the same as when you travel to the university world, would they work the same? has anyone done this before?

Just curious :)

Cheers! :)

Comments

• simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited March 2013
    a dormitory probably works like a dormitory or a rabbit hole probably works like a rabbit hole but university feature will not work.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited March 2013
    simsolated wrote:
    a dormitory probably works like a dormitory or a rabbit hole probably works like a rabbit hole but university feature will not work.

I'm sad now,:( I was hoping this would work, but oh, well, thanku for replying :)
  • Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited March 2013
    The University Student Union would work as like a hang-out place.
    The buildings would work as rabbit holes using all their functions except classes.
  • sirenprincesssirenprincess Posts: 220 Member
    edited March 2013
    The stadium functions as a normal stadium. No collegiate sports :-(
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited March 2013
    The stadium functions as a normal stadium. No collegiate sports :-(

I'm very sad now! I wish we could have this!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited March 2013
    This was in a university blog by a Simguru
    Q: Will there be an option to add college buildings to your home world so your working Sims can take night classes or so Sims can attend college classes while still living at home?
    A: You can definitely add college buildings to your home world through edit town and they will function similarly to Base Game rabbit holes with a few new interactions, but no college classes. While Sims can prepare for university outside of school by building skills and taking the aptitude test, actual credits will not be committed until you finish a term at university.
    Perhaps that may help you.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm trying to do the opposite - place the salon in the University town so I can makeover the roommates and other university townies, so they at least look different to how they did the last time I saw them with a different sim, but I can't get up the option to makeover anyone except my own sim.

Can anyone advise me please? Do I just need to give my sim more experience via the drawing table?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Palomapaloma6Palomapaloma6 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Marie Fox-- Are you per chance ok with cheats? :wink: Of course, no cheats that would altar simoleons or anything...just a cheat that allows you to altar sims you do not control without using the salon. I find it supremely helpful! You just type in "testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheat box and then "shift" click on that sim then click something along the lines of "altar Sim in CAS" and BAM...Your in CAS, allowing you to change up both physical and personality traits (if your feeling particularly cheaty :roll:)
    I feel you on the whole Uni townie thing. :oops: The same people gets to be a drag. I use this all the time.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2013
    All the hangout-type places you can place and will function as normal.

You cannot place dorms because that lot type is only allowed in the university subhood.

Rabbit hole departmental buildings (business school, annex, etc.) you can place but your sim will not be able to study there.

However, Nraas Careers unlocks the university student career for all worlds, and with that mod the rabbit holes will have university functionality even when placed in your regular world. This effectively allows you to study from your home town. Be sure to enroll at the rabbit holes themselves rather than by the phone or you'll get sent off to Sims University.

If you also install Nraas Traveler your sim can travel to any world you have installed to obtain their degree, be it Sunlit Tides, Champs Les Sims, or Lunar Lakes (etc.). You just have to send your sims on vacation to whatever world you chose, place the relevant rabbit holes, and enroll (again, via the rabbit holes themselves rather than by the phone).
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • VivaLaWhatsernameVivaLaWhatsername Posts: 75 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Ok I only have the one question for this, where the heck are the University community lots? I want to plop down the nerd, rebel and jock hang outs but can't find them!

And I really cannot be bothered to create my own.

Never Mind