November 15 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here

Sandraelle's Creations...[NEW BUILD, "ROYAL PALMS CASINO" - Page 59]

Comments

  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited November 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Cottonwood is beautiful Sandraelle! :D The white facade with the grey/black roof looks so classy! :D Beautiful landscaping! Inside, I love the living room, kitchen and dining area. Love that pattern you have used for the sofa. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

    Thank you Yanti! I appreciate you stopping in and giving the rec! :mrgreen:
  • April4389April4389 Posts: 285 Member
    edited November 2013
    The Cottonwood is beautiful! Fantastic color and pattern choices! Left a well-deserved Rec for you!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited November 2013
    April4389 wrote:
    The Cottonwood is beautiful! Fantastic color and pattern choices! Left a well-deserved Rec for you!

    Thanks so much April, I'm glad you liked my colors and patterns. And thank you for the rec, it is much appreciated. :-)
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    The Cottonwood looks gorgeous Sandraelle! :thumbup: I especially love the modern and contemporary design in the interiors, the sitting area in the living room being my favourite. :thumbup: Rec'd!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited November 2013
    Corwim wrote:
    The Cottonwood looks gorgeous Sandraelle! :thumbup: I especially love the modern and contemporary design in the interiors, the sitting area in the living room being my favourite. :thumbup: Rec'd!

    Thanks very much Corwim, I appreciate the rec and that you took the time to look at my pictures! :-)
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well, Ms Sandraelle, since you were nice enough to find my thread and give me some encouraging words, I thought I should find yours.

    OMG!! You have some great builds here.

    The Cottonwood is soo warm and cozy inside. I LOVE that blue in the living room. Warm neutral colors are my favs in a family home.

    Off to wRECk your studio.

    toodles,
    Cassee
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited November 2013
    Beautiful, SandraElle! Such a stately home! My very favorite was the stunning foyer!
    Rec'd!
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 12,356 Member
    edited November 2013

    Hi Sandraelle :) Congrats on your win and wow what a stunning building inside and outside..as usual :wink: Rec of course.
    Have a great weekend, im off to get on with my three wip's lol, Byeee
    Hill
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cassee wrote:
    Well, Ms Sandraelle, since you were nice enough to find my thread and give me some encouraging words, I thought I should find yours.

    OMG!! You have some great builds here.

    The Cottonwood is soo warm and cozy inside. I LOVE that blue in the living room. Warm neutral colors are my favs in a family home.

    Off to wRECk your studio.

    toodles,
    Cassee

    Well thank you Miss Cassee and thanks for the "wRECks"!! LOL I have your creations thread bookmarked so I can visit it from time to time. :-)
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited November 2013
    Beautiful, SandraElle! Such a stately home! My very favorite was the stunning foyer!
    Rec'd!

    So glad you came by to see my latest build Taryn! :mrgreen: One of the requirements in that contest was to have a very large foyer, so I'm happy that you thought it was stunning. And thank you for the rec!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi Sandraelle :) Congrats on your win and wow what a stunning building inside and outside..as usual :wink: Rec of course.
    Have a great weekend, im off to get on with my three wip's lol, Byeee
    Hill

    Hey Hilary, thanks so much and I'm glad you like the build. It was a challenge to get it done in two weeks time, I really had to hustle to make the deadline lol. Looking forward to seeing your upcoming builds. I'm getting ready to post another contest build. Have a great weekend.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited May 19
    HUMBLE ABODE, 40x30 residential lot, 11/23/13

    DOWNLOAD

    PICTURES

    Humble Abode was created for Bob89's "Design That Home (Challenge 1C)" contest. Challenge requirements: Build a house based off of one picture with a $70,000 budget, containing 2 BDR, 1 bath with two sinks, both bedrooms had to have carpet, a small foyer, and eat-in kitchen, and a one car garage. It's on the small side but perfect for a couple. It also has a spacious backyard with a patio, a deck, a pool and a hot tub.

    eIJge5m.jpg

    NcHJg5O.jpg

    zW3QgrK.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 149,501 Member
    edited November 2013
    Humble Abode is a nice home. :) You have recreated the house from the real life picture very well. It looks great how you have done the exterior of the house. The plants in the pots on the front porchway look great. The lights on the front porch walls look welcoming. It looks nice how you have lined the right side of the driveway with flowers. Very nice outdoors back pool area. It looks nice the way you have done the plants and flowers along the edges of this area. The hedge fencing combined with the other type of fencing looks great. Very nice wooden decking area for sims to enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or resting on the loungers, enjoying the sunshine and outdoors air. Sims will like cooking on the bbq near the back door then bringing their freshly cooked meal over to the decking area and eating it at the umbella shaded table there. Great corner area with the plants and the rocks where sims can sit and relax on the seat bench in nice surroundings. It looks great how you have done the raised plants along the edge of the back of the house. Nic furnishing of the interior. The house décor item on the wall of the foyer looks homely when sims enter the home. Great design of the kitchen. The breakfast bar looks great. The recoloured bar stools look good. The fruit bowl and cupcake stand are nice touches on the counters. The marble countertop looks great. Nice types of kitchen curtains you used and nice patterning of them. Great eating nook. The type of dining chairs you have used look great. The grilled cheese picture on the wall suits the type of room. The plants on the table and in the corner look great. The kitchen pantry that you have created looks great! Nice furnishing of the living room. Nice shade of colour and pattern that you have used for the curtains. Great placement of the sofa and armchair. It looks good how you have the books décor on the floor near the armchair. The fish bowl on the coffee table is a nice touch. Great floor mat pattern. It looks a nice light and comfortable seating room to watch tv or have a read of a book from the bookcase. Nice shades of green/blue that you used in the master bedroom. It looks great that you have the windows either side of the bed, and the left and right facing curtains on each one. Pretty floral pattern on the bed. The vase of flowers on the dresser looks nice. Nice sitting area with the armchair to relax in and the round table beside it with the items on it. Nice pictures collection wall décor above it. Nice patterns you have used in the 2nd bedroom. It looks a nice light room with the sunlight coming through the side window near the bed. Great to have the study desk there to use the computer.
    It is a great home. :)
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited November 2013
    Sooooo utterly adorable!!

    I LOVE IT!

    It is so hard for me to build a small home.

    Totally wRECk'd and fav'd

    toodles,
    Cassee
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited November 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Humble Abode is a nice home. :) You have recreated the house from the real life picture very well. It looks great how you have done the exterior of the house. The plants in the pots on the front porchway look great. The lights on the front porch walls look welcoming. It looks nice how you have lined the right side of the driveway with flowers. Very nice outdoors back pool area. It looks nice the way you have done the plants and flowers along the edges of this area. The hedge fencing combined with the other type of fencing looks great. Very nice wooden decking area for sims to enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or resting on the loungers, enjoying the sunshine and outdoors air. Sims will like cooking on the bbq near the back door then bringing their freshly cooked meal over to the decking area and eating it at the umbella shaded table there. Great corner area with the plants and the rocks where sims can sit and relax on the seat bench in nice surroundings. It looks great how you have done the raised plants along the edge of the back of the house. Nic furnishing of the interior. The house décor item on the wall of the foyer looks homely when sims enter the home. Great design of the kitchen. The breakfast bar looks great. The recoloured bar stools look good. The fruit bowl and cupcake stand are nice touches on the counters. The marble countertop looks great. Nice types of kitchen curtains you used and nice patterning of them. Great eating nook. The type of dining chairs you have used look great. The grilled cheese picture on the wall suits the type of room. The plants on the table and in the corner look great. The kitchen pantry that you have created looks great! Nice furnishing of the living room. Nice shade of colour and pattern that you have used for the curtains. Great placement of the sofa and armchair. It looks good how you have the books décor on the floor near the armchair. The fish bowl on the coffee table is a nice touch. Great floor mat pattern. It looks a nice light and comfortable seating room to watch tv or have a read of a book from the bookcase. Nice shades of green/blue that you used in the master bedroom. It looks great that you have the windows either side of the bed, and the left and right facing curtains on each one. Pretty floral pattern on the bed. The vase of flowers on the dresser looks nice. Nice sitting area with the armchair to relax in and the round table beside it with the items on it. Nice pictures collection wall décor above it. Nice patterns you have used in the 2nd bedroom. It looks a nice light room with the sunlight coming through the side window near the bed. Great to have the study desk there to use the computer.
    It is a great home. :)

    Rose, you amaze me every time I read one of your posts. You really do go through every bit of someone's build and make such nice, thoughtful and encouraging comments about them. You truly are so sweet! Thanks again!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cassee wrote:
    Sooooo utterly adorable!!

    I LOVE IT!

    It is so hard for me to build a small home.

    Totally wRECk'd and fav'd

    toodles,
    Cassee

    Glad you liked it Cassee! And thanks for the rec and fav! I think it's harder for me to do a big build, especially when I first go to create it on such a big lot, it's hard to decide how to get it started, lol.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,016 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lovely, cute and compact home. :D Love the pool at the back and the interiors looks so cosy and inviting. The living room and kitchen are my favourites. Recommended. Good luck with the contest. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited November 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Lovely, cute and compact home. :D Love the pool at the back and the interiors looks so cosy and inviting. The living room and kitchen are my favourites. Recommended. Good luck with the contest. :thumbup: :thumbup:

    Thank you for your kind comments and the rec Yanti! Always great to hear from you! When I was building it, I thought it would be a good house to play since it's very compact and easy to get around, no extra floors to deal with it, etc. And thank you for the good luck wish...the contest ends on Nov 30th. :mrgreen:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 149,501 Member
    edited November 2013
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oooh, Humble Abode looks very close to the original, great job! And I adore all the tasteful, beautiful interiors! Rec'd! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,808 Member
    edited November 2013
    Humble Abode is gorgeous! You have done a great job following the plan and I love the colours you have used on the interior. I adore it and looking at your other builds it looks like I need to do some serious Rec'ing! Going to grab myself a coffee and rec away 8)
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

    DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

    644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708


  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited December 2013
    @Rosemow -- thank you so much for the Thanksgiving wishes. Yes, I had a very nice Thanksgiving weekend holiday and spent a lot of time with family. :)

    @Corwim -- thanks so much for the rec and I'm glad you liked my interiors.

    @DippyDesigns -- thank you, I appreciate you visiting and for the recs! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited December 2013
    You got the recreation spot on again. I think it might be three in a row for you :wink: Rec'd.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited December 2013
    You got the recreation spot on again. I think it might be three in a row for you :wink: Rec'd.

    Aww, thanks so much walkingstick. I don't know though, there were a few really good ones, so we will see. The deadline was last night so we'll know soon. And thanks for the rec, always appreciated! :-)
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited May 19
    LAKESIDE DELIGHT, a Christmas Cabin, 60x60 residential lot, 12/12/13

    DOWNLOAD

    PICTURES

    This log home was built for Skymyst's "Christmas/Yule Log Cabin contest" for a newlywed couple. This was fun to build as it was my first time using the Christmas decor, first time building a log cabin, and first time using the snow effects (I don't play the seasons since I mainly build.)

    Here was my entry:

    Lakeside Delight is a dream come true log home for both Jimmy and his new wife Jan. When Jan accepted his marriage proposal, that was Jimmy’s dream come true and now he’s built the perfect dream home as a Christmas present to her.

    yeSWKNV.jpg

    Jimmy wanted their home to have a rustic feel to reflect the log home style and their outdoorsy lifestyle, so most rooms have log wall interiors. It has everything they could want and Jimmy had it all decked out for Christmas.

    L9Nk3Eg.jpg

    The main floor features a front porch, a large foyer, a spacious kitchen with breakfast bar that’s open to the dining room and great room, a separate pantry, a master suite, a full bathroom and a future nursery. The great room is 2 stories tall and has expansive views of their property and features a cozy stone fireplace and a unique plant shelf. Off the kitchen is a mudroom/laundry room with an easy access out to the garage. Outdoor deck spaces can be accessed from the dining room, great room and the master suite. A cozy and private covered hot tub is found on the deck outside the master bedroom.

    The 2nd floor consists of a guest bedroom, a reading nook, a full bathroom and a loft area that’s open to the great room and dining room below. In the loft space is a computer desk, a cozy tv area and a chess game table. Off the loft there is also an outdoor balcony to relax on. And the best room on this floor is a hobby room Jimmy built for Jan to paint in. It features work space counters, an easel with art supplies with lots of windows for natural lighting.

    Outdoors you’ll find these amenitie: a detached 2-car garage with a 2nd floor that Jimmy made into his magic room, a greenhouse for Jan, a rose garden, a 2-story barn with 2 horse stalls and a hangout space for Jimmy on the 2nd floor, a fenced horse pasture, a fishing pond and a beautiful rock pool.

    ucscLRR.jpg

    Additional Notes (background on the house or anything else you wish to add): Jimmy thought of everything when he had their dream home built. He even included a nursery room which is close to the master bedroom for when they start their family. And when they expand their family they can convert the upstairs guest bedroom into another children’s bedroom. He made a special place at the end of the main floor hallway to display their pictures along with their wedding bouquet as a keepsake.

    Post edited by Sandraelle on
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top