Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKelly- What Happen About Getting Fountains Fixed?? Updated to Add List on First Post

Comments

• Options
    treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Back to page one!

• Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited December 2013
    Friendly BUMP back up to the top. :wink:
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited December 2013
    tamalinn wrote:
    Amazing: This thread began a year ago, and there's still no fix for the fountains. For shame, EA!

:shock: I had not even realized that it's almost been a year since I started this thread!! Come on, we want a fix already!! I do believe waiting a year has been very patient!

{quote=krimsonnox]My wish is that they come back at the beginning of the yr with a patch. That would be very nice.[/quote]

(No idea why the end quote code is not working!)
    Oh goodness, I hope you are right!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I'd LOVE for some of those fountains to work again...I love water stuff.
    Anyway, I asked before, but didn't see an answer, or it got buried, so I ask again.
    Does anyone else have ITF fountains that the water kinda resembles the appearance of "black sand"? :(

I had to lower my graphics settings ever since IP exp...since I'm unable to upgrade my PC (for longer than I thought it'd be).
    I miss having everything on high, it was awesomely realistic! (not counting the "plastic y" Sims/clothing)
    So I wondered if it was my settings, OR if the water animations from the ITF fountains, the small ones, don't quite look like real water. :roll:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I'd LOVE for some of those fountains to work again...I love water stuff.
    Anyway, I asked before, but didn't see an answer, or it got buried, so I ask again.
    Does anyone else have ITF fountains that the water kinda resembles the appearance of "black sand"? :(

I had to lower my graphics settings ever since IP exp...since I'm unable to upgrade my PC (for longer than I thought it'd be).
    I miss having everything on high, it was awesomely realistic! (not counting the "plastic y" Sims/clothing)
    So I wondered if it was my settings, OR if the water animations from the ITF fountains, the small ones, don't quite look like real water. :roll:

I remember going through all the items when I installed ITF, and don't recall any of them looking strange. However, I will go into game later and double check for you, but can't make any promises it will be today! :lol: I am picking up my sister in awhile and she will be staying with us for a few days!! (happy dance) She is a Sims player too (not as addicted as me) so chances are we will be firing up the game when my little one takes her nap.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    I remember going through all the items when I installed ITF, and don't recall any of them looking strange. However, I will go into game later and double check for you, but can't make any promises it will be today! :lol: I am picking up my sister in awhile and she will be staying with us for a few days!! (happy dance) She is a Sims player too (not as addicted as me) so chances are we will be firing up the game when my little one takes her nap.

Thanks for even trying! I just wanted to know if it was everyone, not just me..or my settings.
    I wish I had a sister...I was supposed to have a brother, but he died after birth. We were both born early, but I was only 2 months early (he was 4 months)..

And I wish my kids were tiny again!! I miss that!
    (My daughter is now 21, & 2 sons are 19 & 17)
    They used to play Sims, but are now hooked on online games :cry:
    My 17 yr old was the last to play, & I still have his Sim saved to library...
    (I'm pathetic, LOL!)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:

Thanks for even trying! I just wanted to know if it was everyone, not just me..or my settings.
    I wish I had a sister...I was supposed to have a brother, but he died after birth. We were both born early, but I was only 2 months early (he was 4 months)..

And I wish my kids were tiny again!! I miss that!
    (My daughter is now 21, & 2 sons are 19 & 17)
    They used to play Sims, but are now hooked on online games :cry:
    My 17 yr old was the last to play, & I still have his Sim saved to library...
    (I'm pathetic, LOL!)

Told ya we would open the game!! :lol: I checked the fountains out and they are fine in my game...

Screenshot-6.jpg
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Told ya we would open the game!! :lol: I checked the fountains out and they are fine in my game...

Thanks for taking time to post this. NOW I know what happened.
    I changed settings in my game, but that wasn't it...your fountains were OUTSIDE.
    But mine were indoors, & the angle I was viewing them, made the water "shadow" (looked like blackish sand). :shock: :oops:
    Thank goodness its NOT my game glitched.
    I put the same fountains outdoors, & they were NORMAL! :mrgreen:
    *sigh of relief*
    Now I also know why many builders, like you, love to add the extra lighting
    (I think the buydebugmode stuff, in square & circles)
    Game REALLY needs them at times.

Fountain water looks really nice when they work NORMAL.... :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    :-) Am I to understand this campaign has been a success? Are all of the broken fountains fixed?
  • Options
    CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sadly no - not yet. But I am still confident, that there will be a fix for the issue in the near future. SGKelly confirmed that they are still investigating the problem in another thread and I trust the team to find a solution. :thumbup:

SimplySimazing had a problem with two of the fountains from the Into-The-Future-EP in her game and Tiki5872 tested them out in her game. Those are ok.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    mw1525 wrote:
    :-) Am I to understand this campaign has been a success? Are all of the broken fountains fixed?

No such luck...yet.. I was only referring to how fountains that weren't broke to begin with, look nice with proper water animations.
    Now if only all fountains worked, it would be awesome!
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited December 2013
    Did I bump this? No, I didn't. When we'll get those fountains fixed, Gurus??? :roll:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Did I bump this? No, I didn't. When we'll get those fountains fixed, Gurus??? :roll:

When "double hockey sticks" freezes over? :mrgreen:

Oh wait, that's already happened! :mrgreen:

This is starting to feel like that blasted SpongeBob..."I'm waiting...I'm waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting..." :twisted: :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    SGKelly, any updates for us on this issue??
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Me thinks this thread has slipped too far! So, up from page 16 and back to page 1!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, unfortunately there is no one at EA headquarters (more directly SimGuruKelly). I believe they won't be back until the beginning of the year. So I would say maybe Jan 6 is when we need to start bumping this thread along with the "store item fixes" thread found here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/377929.page

New year... we need these things resolved already!
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited January 2014
    New Year bump
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited January 2014
    not only fountains :( my Island Paradise underwater caves reset all Sims that enter them, making the humans get the depressurized moodlet, not to mention, I cannot explore.. the caves. There are many many glitches that hasn't seen the light of almighty fixing :cry:
  • Options
    brivogelbrivogel Posts: 76 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I really hope that this gets fixed! I'm also glad the fountain problem is not just me.

I noticed ages ago that my fountains weren't actually fountains with flowing water when I made a community garden lot that included the water pump one. I kept messing with the graphics options to try to fix it, but no matter what I did, it didn't work, and I just assumed it was my computer, since I still have issues with things like the fluff on pets, though most other parts of the graphics are totally fine.

I just found this thread, and I'm glad to know it's not solely my problem! I hope they fix it soon.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited January 2014
    THe swimming pool waterfalls also have no animations.
  • Options
    trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    edited January 2014
    *reminiscences when the hot tub animation worked*

Oh, sorry, did I type out loud? ;)
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ferret9005 wrote:
    THe swimming pool waterfalls also have no animations.

Are you talking about the ones that came with Island Paradise? If so, I have no issues with those. They work perfectly fine in my game.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    *reminiscences when the hot tub animation worked*

Oh, sorry, did I type out loud? ;)

:lol:
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    A few more days, and it will have been a whole year since I started this thread!! Yet our fountains are still "flowless" I believe we have been beyond patient! Is there any updates on this??? :evil: :evil:
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited January 2014
    not only fountains :( my Island Paradise underwater caves reset all Sims that enter them, making the humans get the depressurized moodlet, not to mention, I cannot explore.. the caves. There are many many glitches that hasn't seen the light of almighty fixing :cry:

^^This

My sims often reset and appear back on land when diving. It's drives me nuts, because then I have to swim them out again and re-dive them. They said this was fixed in a patch, and yet it continues to happen... :(