Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think two new ages should be added for Sims 4: Young Child and Preteen.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ninabonita4ninabonita4 Posts: 54 Member
    edited December 2013
    I think that instead of adding more age groups they should consider a progressive ageing type thing.

This is what I would like to see, all time frames are hypothetical and can be changed just used as a referance

Infants (10 days) at day 5 they progress into being able to sit up. Interactions could include, teaching them to crawl, playing with them on a mat, excersaucer, bouncy, swing or some other infant toy. Would love to see onesies, booties, and hats, or hair for infants. A changing table and a baby tub, or sink bath could be other interactions. Imagine if the sim could get peed on while changing diapers. Moodlets for them could be a rash....sick...teething.

Toddlers (20 days) once again at 10 days new interactions as they are older. Scribbling on walls, napping on a cot or toddler bed. Playing in the toilet, escaping, temper tantrums, learning to drink from a Sippy cup, or a full sized cup, learning to eat solid food. Playing on toddler equipment outside. Moodlets could be.. diaper rash, terrible two, sick.

Child (30 days) about 15 days in, girls can try to put on make up, chores, see actual classes instead of a grade. Tutoring in subjects they need help in, building a play fort.

Teen (30 days) at 15 days maybe have them develop crushes, desire to go on a date, primp in mirror, make out (this does not have to be woohoo, but come on, teens make out with their boyfriend ect sometimes)

Young Adult - Same, can not think of anything to change.

Adult - Same, can not think of anything to change or add.

Elder - Young elder, still runs after grandkids, spoils them, wants to have them over for a night. Half way, older elder, maybe write a will, desire to go to far off places, travel the world, see family.

This! Right Here!
  • Options
    MsLettlovesSimsMsLettlovesSims Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2013
    adventfear wrote:
    These are my ideas for the ages so far. I'll add more as I think them up.

Young Children are Sims that are between toddler and children. As such, they have freedoms of the latter but some limitations of the former. Their age makes them unable to be left alone at home or at lots, like toddlers, but they can also sleep in a bed as opposed to a crib, Preteens and up can give them piggy back rides around the house, they can interact with objects and interact with others, play video games, walk up and down stairs, and can go to preschool for a couple hours as long as a parent takes them. They can also lose teeth, which they place under their pillow at night for the tooth fairy to come, and can talk to themselves as and play alone as though they have an invisible friend.

Preteens are the medium between children and teenagers. Height wise, they're in the middle of the two ages. They can still play with toys, sandboxes, and slides like children but they can also develop quasi-romances with other preteens and have crushes. They can also hang out with their friends, do a lot of things teenagers can do, such as work out to gain muscle and slow dance with others.

These two ages are basically to bridge the toddlers with children and children with teens, and would add a tiny bit more realism.

I totally agree. This would be great. I hope they are reading these great ideas.
  • Options
    MsLettlovesSimsMsLettlovesSims Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I personally would love for my teen to have a sweet 16 party. I also would like for gifts to be added to the bachelorette parties. Also I would like for them to add baby showers. This would be grand. :D
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2013
    I think that instead of adding more age groups they should consider a progressive ageing type thing.

This is what I would like to see, all time frames are hypothetical and can be changed just used as a referance

Infants (10 days) at day 5 they progress into being able to sit up. Interactions could include, teaching them to crawl, playing with them on a mat, excersaucer, bouncy, swing or some other infant toy. Would love to see onesies, booties, and hats, or hair for infants. A changing table and a baby tub, or sink bath could be other interactions. Imagine if the sim could get peed on while changing diapers. Moodlets for them could be a rash....sick...teething.

Toddlers (20 days) once again at 10 days new interactions as they are older. Scribbling on walls, napping on a cot or toddler bed. Playing in the toilet, escaping, temper tantrums, learning to drink from a Sippy cup, or a full sized cup, learning to eat solid food. Playing on toddler equipment outside. Moodlets could be.. diaper rash, terrible two, sick.

Child (30 days) about 15 days in, girls can try to put on make up, chores, see actual classes instead of a grade. Tutoring in subjects they need help in, building a play fort.

Teen (30 days) at 15 days maybe have them develop crushes, desire to go on a date, primp in mirror, make out (this does not have to be woohoo, but come on, teens make out with their boyfriend ect sometimes)

Young Adult - Same, can not think of anything to change.

Adult - Same, can not think of anything to change or add.

Elder - Young elder, still runs after grandkids, spoils them, wants to have them over for a night. Half way, older elder, maybe write a will, desire to go to far off places, travel the world, see family.

Progressive aging is not within the realm of realistic possibility. It's not that they can't do it... it's that they would have to cut the graphics so far back the game would not sell.

Think Sims 2 on low graphics setting.

So, no, that is not going to happen; there's no incentive. The same as the extra life stages are not going to happen.
  • Options
    Ruby6redRuby6red Posts: 5
    edited December 2013

I would LOVE if that was added to the game :D, but I think its highly unlikely that they would be added to the game unless they are suprising us with this new feature in the game, because it is actually very close to 2014.
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited December 2013
    As much as I would much rather have gradual aging instead, I realize it's not in the cards right now for the devs, so I'm fine with adding one or two more age groups. . .

I'm kinda stuck in the middle as to what 2 specific groups I want: Young Child/Preteen or Preteen/Senior.

On one hand, I find myself thinking about the kids' age jump. . . our toddlers are about 3, whilst the kids are about 8, and there's obviously a WORLD of difference between 3 and 8 year olds - same for 8 year olds and 15 year olds! On the other hand, I truly do hate the change from Adult to Elder - it's like, a person doesn't just jump from looking and acting 50ish to 100ish. :lol:

But if I absolutely had to choose, then I'm going with you Advent, mainly cause I'm not a fan of elders - still EA, let them retain their fashion sense! :wink:
    900woh.png
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    edited December 2013
    I do believe that someone in another thread told me that it has already been confirmed from Gamescon that we will be getting the same life stages that we have in TS3.
  • Options
    twilightgirl1601twilightgirl1601 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I'd love that. Especially the pre teen one.

Unfortunately from what i've seen theres (the live broadcast at gamescome CAS video) only 5 life stages, but maybe they'll add more?
  • Options
    superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2014
    Bump
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    jak135 wrote:
    Don't forget something, between Adult and Elder, it's weird how one minute they can have kids and the next they're retiring...

AGREE!!! Yep I 100% want this and also the between Adult and Elder life stage 'Senior'... But totally for these life stages!!! :mrgreen: ♡♡♡

Edit: punctuation :oops:
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited August 2015
    I guess I'm the late one but oh well Sims 4 they didn't listen now Sims 5 should be

Baby: 0-1(Activities like feed, play etc...)
    Toddlers: 2-4 (3-4 Goes to preschool Mon-Fri half day to give the parents a break.)
    Child: 5-9 (Elementary School, kids activities.)
    Preteens: 10-13 (Goes to Middle School, this is where like in The Sims 3 Generations thier emotions change, crushing on someone etc...)
    Teens: 14-19 (Goes to Highschool even more emotions being popular you know highchool stuff and learning to drive like again in Generations.)
    Young Adult: 20-29 (Has an option to go to college aka university or start a family.)
    Adult: 30-49 (Work, Family life raising kids all that good stuff.)
    Middle Age: 50-65 (Retired, enjoying thier Golden years can't have any children but enjoy grandchildren maybe etc...)
    Elder: 66-Death (Lived thier life and enjoying elder life telling stories to the grandchildren like back in thier day, forgetting things, telling the preteens and teens how to dress etc...)
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I guess I'm the late one but oh well Sims 4 they didn't listen now Sims 5 should be

Toddlers: 2-4 (3-4 Goes to preschool Mon-Fri half day to give the parents a break.)
    Preteens: 10-13 (Goes to Middle School, this is where like in The Sims 3 Generations thier emotions change, crushing on someone etc...)
    Teens: 14-19 (Goes to Highschool even more emotions being popular you know highchool stuff and learning to drive like again in Generations.)
    Young Adult: 20-29 (Has an option to go to college aka university or start a family.)
    Middle Age: 50-65 (Retired, enjoying thier Golden years can't have any children but enjoy grandchildren maybe etc...)
    Elder: 66-Death (Lived thier life and enjoying elder life telling stories to the grandchildren like back in thier day, forgetting things, telling the preteens and teens how to dress etc...)

@Briana2425
    Way to early to be discussing the sims 5.....

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    [quote="Finbar659;13941011"][quote="Briana2425;13940905"]I guess I'm the late one but oh well Sims 4 they didn't listen now [b]Sims 5[/b] should be

[/quote]

@Briana2425

[/quote]

Well they didn't put preteens and middle age in the Sims 4 or 3 or 2 I'm just dreaming I'm not actually talking about the Sims 5 we may not even have a Sims 5
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    edited August 2015
    Nevermind.
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    edited August 2015
    Zulie234 wrote: »
    Yes! When we get older we don't suddenly go from 4'3" to 5'4" and look like adults when we were children not a minute ago! Also, like Jak and LaBlue said, we need a life stage between adult and elder. And I second the motion of no going up in flames as a result of a hot flash, that just... no. :roll: Seriously, comedy in the Sims can go so far but anything like that... Geez. And what Sims2N3wbi3 said about middle school... hey, if I had to be tortured, so should my sims. It just ain't fair! :lol: And A_Mom :shock: that list of ages was perfect! I COMPLETELY agree!

I really hope EA notices this thread and takes note!

Actually, the heights are inaccurate.
    Child- 4'0
    Teen- 6'0
    (Seriously? This thread is like old. No more bringing back dead threads alive!)
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2015
    I want toddlers and preteens.

Toddlers with lots of interactions, clothes, toys, passies and a real doll for girls. A car ramp and the ability to play with cars.

Preteens- gives time to up skills, improve relationships, play with 4 wheelers, play with pogo sticks, play video games, read, ect. Teens are busy graduating, have a part-time job, having a boy/girl friend, ect. and kids play and trying to keep up with the school RpG stuff, so they don't have time to up skills as much or improve relationships. This new age give time for them to do both and play before they go on to get part-time jobs, have a relationship, and get ready for S4 Uni. >:)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    I think since TS2 introduced for the first time ever aging and generations, then TS3 forgot about all the sims and primarily focused on YA's/A's and still do...I am hoping TS4, but not really necessary for me to buy TS4 nor enjoy it, can implement gradual aging.

That way our sims can go through all the stages now plus everything in-between.
    Gradual aging. Now, there's where the innovative focus should be. This is 2015, winding down at that. Why hasn't the Sims truly evolved?

To the thread topic and the OP, I like you're thinking. One should very well keep in mind that the term toddler generally applies to children ages 1,2, 3, & 4. While four year olds are the top end of toddlers, they are to children what pre-teens are to teens, not fully babies anymore, but not able to do, for instance, what a five year old can or should be able to do. It would be really great to see our toddlers, in game, slowly mature to the point of being young children, which is mainly your 4-5 year olds.

Unless or until we get the gradual aging thing Deshong04 suggests, I don't know if any of us will be fully satisfied. For me, toddlers are a very nice bridge between babies (infants) and the child life stage.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DDOAndoraDDOAndora Posts: 245 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

@Briana2425

I would say its almost to late. They start working on the next one long before the current one is done. It has been that way for a very long time. If Sims 5 is going to be Sims 4.5 then I will pass that one also.

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I've always wanted more age groups in the sims - I love playing families with different age groups and see them grow and interact with each other. But I want them to be fully fleshed out and have all those special things that the OP mentioned and more. :smile:
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited August 2015

Don't care how old this thread is this is exactly the type of aging I want. :)
    Sadly if Sims 4 is any example we might be left with Baby, teen, ya, and adult, would you be suprised if child was taken out of Sims 5? I wouldn't be. :/
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Kimberley wrote: »
    A_Mom wrote:
    I think the young child should be more like a preschooler. And we definitely need a transition between Child and Teen and Adult and Elder.

Right now we have:

Baby - 0 to 1 year
    Toddler - 1+ year to 4 years
    Child - 5 years (kindergarten) to 15 years (cannot drive)
    Teen - 16 years (can drive) to 20 years
    Young Adult - 21 years to 30 years
    Adult - 31 years to 64 years?
    Elder - 65 years (retirement age) on up

It needs to be something like:

Baby - 0 to 1 year
    Toddler - 1+ year to 2 years (learning to walk, talk, potty, etc. can't read books yet)
    Preschool - 2+ years to 4 years (walking, talking, potty trained, reads books, sleeps in toddler bed or crib, a little more independent)
    Child - 5 years (kindergarten) to 12 years
    Preteen - 13 years to 15 years (cannot drive)
    Teen - 16 years (can drive) to 20 years
    Young Adult - 21 years to 30 years
    Adult - 31 years to 50 years?
    Mature - 51 years to 64 years (no more having babies)
    Elder - 65 years (retirement age) on up

What do you think?

Ok I want to marry you... I love your ideas! I want your aging in sims 4 and sims 5 and in sims 99!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    jak135 wrote:
    Don't forget something, between Adult and Elder, it's weird how one minute they can have kids and the next they're retiring...

I completely agree, with this stage that women can't have children either. This way by the time they are actually are elders, then they won't have small children around. It would be a menopause stage of life for the females. They could have different moodlets that would be the results of hot flashes and such. If EA ever did that, please what ever you do, make sure the poor woman does not go up in flames, that would really stink.

yea some midle age
    in most ways like adult but
    - little more wrinkels
    - women can't have children
    - women have some menopause moodlets
    - also re ad the midlife crises for this life state

yes I need age stages
    - toddler.. just I need them to play sims4
    - small children would be nice
    - tweens, with the tall sims4 teens they needed
    - middle age, just for realisem, thank you
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳