Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch 1.63 ruined my game!

EA once again did it! Could anyone please tell me how to downgrade my game to the pastch before the last one... now every time I wanna play it just stops loading during the last bit! Please help me!

Comments

• smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2013
    why is this sims site not working right I can not gift my friends and my players wall not working right when we put the new pach in game it mess up the sims site and seems that EA would try and fix it soon thanks and pl help us out with this EA
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    You have two choices to reverse the patching and the first one everybody know about is uninstalling the base game and reinstalling it to unpatch.There's another option if you created a system restore point just before patching and that would be to do system restore which would bring you back to the previous patch.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited December 2013
    EA once again did it! Could anyone please tell me how to downgrade my game to the pastch before the last one... now every time I wanna play it just stops loading during the last bit! Please help me!
    sorry to hear i would though suggest trying to get to work first

see if you can fix the issue see if the suggestions here help
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/719214.page

if not to roll back the patch uninstall the base, clean registry, and patch - note its important install all patches up to where you want to stop

to clean leftover files after installing:
    Cleaning up the Registry
    Download the free version of this registry cleaner program,
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

• install it, following the on-screen instructions.
    • Launch the program after installation has completed.
    • Click the Registry tab, and click the Scan for Issues button.
    • When scanning has completed, click the Fix Selected Issues... button.
    • When you're prompted to backup, click Yes, accept the default name and location
    • Click Fix All Selected Issues

Taken from http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

patches are here: http://modthesims.info/d/409829
    edited December 2013
    TadOlson wrote:
    You have two choices to reverse the patching and the first one everybody know about is uninstalling the base game and reinstalling it to unpatch.There's another option if you created a system restore point just before patching and that would be to do system restore which would bring you back to the previous patch.

hi, if helpful you should never run the game unpatched if you have an EP or stuff installed. only the base alone can be played with out patching
    edited December 2013
    why is this sims site not working right I can not gift my friends and my players wall not working right when we put the new pach in game it mess up the sims site and seems that EA would try and fix it soon thanks and pl help us out with this EA

hi smurf45blue and welcome, a recent site update has broken the option - we all simply must wait for Ea to fix. sorry. and if helpful you should only post in tech threads when its the same topic. but its best to create your own thread.

happy simming
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    I created a system restore point before downloading the patch so I could go back to where I was without having to uninstall the base game when I patched and the patch did glitch out my game,but I got that fixed and EA's SP function hasn't been active at all.
    I'd go for the patches up to where your game was working and use the manual patch if I had to redo the patch.You should get your game patched to 157 and turn your computer off and restart it before trying the 163 patch again to create a system restore point.
    I've got Windows 7 and I go into Control Panel>System and Security>System>System Protection and it opens up a System Properties window where you can create a system restore point before you download any game patches.
    This could be another way to deal with bad CC if you remember to create a system restore point before installing the CC in case it was bad or corrupt.
    I resolved my patch issues by moving my Electronic Arts folder to my desktop screen and forcing the game to create a new folder and made it create a new Sims 3 folder before I found an older Sims 3 folder to put into the Electronic Arts folder.I copied my CAW folder to the new EA folder and started a new game and selected Winfield when I had to choose the world I wanted to play in.The new game didn't have the glitches I had in the old one,but I thought I had a new problem when EA's SP wasn't giving me any messages in either of the games I'm playing.I found out it wasn't a problem unless I'd wanted SP turned on so I left it alone.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • NicciiNiccii Posts: 19 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yup....

It ruined mine to... and I reinstalled al my games, several times.... it doesnt work...

Only if I play the base game... Then it workes... but for my expansion packs.. for some reason i need to update... and then it is game over....

I though lets play the sims again I missed it..... Never mind then....

I really wanna play but he it doesn't work.
  • Mev1015Mev1015 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited December 2013

Before you do all that uninstalling and patching try running the game as "administrator". Just right click on the Sims3 icon on your desktop, the option should come up to run as administrator. I had this same problem and this worked for me.
  • pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    edited December 2013
    I have not similar problems like this. :)
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Samr883Samr883 Posts: 1,139 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I've just noticed I have this problem, it's too late for a system restore and I'd rather not download from other sites. Is there an easy fix? :(