Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashley's C.yber Monday Lottery! *Moodlet_Mama look here!*

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2013
    I still love reading all the entries. Isn't the world a much brighter place than it seemed before?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello everyone and the lovely host and sponsors!! I am so happy to be part of this lottery,thank you again! :)

My happy memory is the one that i haven't share for many many years.It is really small maybe for most people it will sound so small but when i was at school(i was 12 years old) on my birthday everyone has forgetten it,my best friends included and i as really sentimental kid so it hurt me really deeply. at my lunch break i was really sad that i escaped behind school,unseen corner to cry.Somehow my math teacher noticed me there and take me to teachers room and give me a candy to cheer me up and asked what was my problem.It really really made me happy,when i tell her my problem,she didn't laught at me or sent me away but she celebrated my birthday and kiss my cheeks and as present,she gifted me her scarf! :) I am really greatful for her! :)

I would like to nominate
    BambooEaterrr: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=BambooEaterrr
    duyguugudur: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=duyguugudur
    pixiegamer: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=pixiegamer

Thank you!! :oops:

It was very thoughtful and caring of your teacher to see you and take the time to find out why you were crying. It would have made you feel so much better knowing that someone cared. It was very lovely that she gave you her scarf. Both the scarf itself and the thoughtfulness behind it would have made you feel very warm inside.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited December 2013
    Rosemow: You are so incredibly sweet, thoughtful and generous with your heartfelt words. We love you!

• Options
    AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited December 2013
    ciane wrote:
    I still love reading all the entries. Isn't the world a much brighter place than it seemed before?

It totally is. All these stories are making my heart swell.

rosemow, you are just fabulous! Your messages to everyone are just as sweet as the stories themselves! *hugs*
  • Options
    MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited December 2013
    Appreciate this lotto giving opp to say thank you to others.

I'm a senior now, and have received many, many, blessings in my life thus far. However nothing floored me as much as the outpouring of love I experienced from the Simmer community in 2010 when I posted that there had been sudden death in our family.
    Re:What's your reason for playing the Sims? :) , posted on General Discussion (EN), at 11/30/12 11:04 PM, by MissCee
    jbreland1230 I agree with both of your posts; re simming takes me out of my world, and at times is a relief valve for anger.

I stopped Simming for fun and began using Sims to distract me from RL problems in 2010.

My experience was using Simming to enable me to distance from thinking about pain of loss after my eldest son committed suicide.

After a family fight our son neither wrote or called home for over a year. My husband and I had no idea where he was. We couldn't find him. Then one night a police officer showed up at our front door while we were watching a movie.

I can't even remember what it was we were watching to this day. We then found out he had been living in another state and for a while was homeless, and now, by his own hand he was dead.

After traveling out of state, dealing with another state's requirements regarding a death not by natural causes, coroners, police red tape, county jurisdictions, having to clean up the suicide aftermath ourselves , packing his belongings, making funeral arrangements, and on and on and on, frankly I didn't want to have to think anymore.

I didn't want to feel. Every breath hurt. There were too many memories, and so much pain in the recalling his first words, his first steps, his last words, and his lost life.

So from the awfulness September 2010, when RL and/or memories becomes burdensome I do what I have to do to handle the problem, and then to de-stress, I go Simming.

The Sims3 game, Blogging on My Page for the 1st year, and the outpouring of kindness from the Simmers on this Forum helped keep me sane during months of sleepless nights and tearful empty days.

Sims is addictive, but not the way other stuff such as drinking, smoking, or using drugs to manage life's pains would be.

Simming daily was like a balm; a respite. It was the only time of absolutely no pressure to my hurting heart.

The condolences, encouragements, blog comments, and gifts kept coming for weeks. Along with the loss, I think it is the manner of the loss that still hurts most, some days the wound feels new, but Simmers have looooong memories.

From time to time I'll get a post that says someone is still thinking of me, wishing us continued healing, still praying for us; and it helps me to pick myself up, dust myself off, and grab onto living again.

Simmers are a phenomenal community!

Haven't heard from louise640101 in awhile. She doesn't have wishlist, but I send my love.

Wish I could nominate everyone:

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=mrsdennym

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ANNAPTX

Blessings,
    MissCee

<3Blessings,
    MissCee
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2013
    MissCee wrote:

I'm a senior now, and have received many, many, blessings in my life thus far. However nothing floored me as much as the outpouring of love I experienced from the Simmer community in 2010 when I posted that there had been sudden death in our family.

The condolences, encouragements, blog comments, and gifts kept coming for weeks. Along with the loss, I think it is the manner of the loss that still hurts most, some days the wound feels new, but Simmers have looooong memories.

From time to time I'll get a post that says someone is still thinking of me, wishing us continued healing, still praying for us; and it helps me to pick myself up, dust myself off, and grab onto living again.

Blessings,
    MissCee

I am so glad everyone was able to support you. I wasn't around at that time. I am sorry to hear about your loss.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    MissCee wrote:

]

Haven't heard from louise640101 in awhile. She doesn't have wishlist, but I send my love.

Wish I could nominate everyone:

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=mrsdennym

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ANNAPTX

Blessings,
    MissCee

I send so many special loving thoughts to you. You will be in my prayers. May you have the strength that you need for each day.
  • Options
    TonyaKirkendallTonyaKirkendall Posts: 38 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I am thankful for a healthy pregnanacy and a wonderful family! I love them and all my sims friends!
    Usrname:TonyaKirkendall
    Nominate: gladdykoons619
    nominate:triod453
  • Options
    KillerQueenKatyKillerQueenKaty Posts: 187 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for hosting!

-

I'm really thankful for Katy Perry.. I know it may seem silly, but she means a lot to me. In 2011, I started going through a bad time. I felt really sad, and lonely. I had basically no friends, and I didn't see the point in even trying anymore. By that time Katy Perry had launched her song " I kissed a girl ". One day after school I came home, and decided to look through her old songs. I related so much to them, and they cheered me up a lot. She's my best friend that I've never met. All her songs are written about things she has gone through in real life, and I guess that's what makes them really easy to relate to. She made me happy, and still does. Don't know where I would be now without her. She taught me to keep going, and to grow up, but not give up. Everything would be different without her, and I'm eternally grateful for her. :D

-
    Username: KillerQueenKaty
    Nomination 1: KillerQueenKaty (Myself)
    Nomination 2: XxHanneLorexX
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited December 2013
    This is such a touching lottery! Thank you so much for hosting.

I'm thankful for the friends I've met on this website. I know we're all semi-anonymous to each other, but I'm glad to have all of you because it makes me happy to know I can come on this website and make mischief with you all or just simply talk with some of you when I'm feeling blue. Regrettably, my everyday life makes it difficult for me to talk with even my real-life friends, so coming back to this site and being able to talk to all of you makes me feel happy. I love how I can come here and my mood will instantly be lifted because I'm surrounded by all you crazy, amazing people. Thank you so much for being here for me and giving me reasons to smile; I wish you all happy holidays and a lovely year to come :)

I'd like to nominate myself, duyguugudur, and loobylou1985. Thank you so much once again :)
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I am thankful for a healthy pregnanacy and a wonderful family! I love them and all my sims friends!
    Usrname:TonyaKirkendall
    Nominate: gladdykoons619
    nominate:triod453

Families and friends are so very special! It is a very exciting and special time for you as you await the birth of your precious little child ! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for hosting!

-

I'm really thankful for Katy Perry.. I know it may seem silly, but she means a lot to me. In 2011, I started going through a bad time. I felt really sad, and lonely. I had basically no friends, and I didn't see the point in even trying anymore. By that time Katy Perry had launched her song " I kissed a girl ". One day after school I came home, and decided to look through her old songs. I related so much to them, and they cheered me up a lot. She's my best friend that I've never met. All her songs are written about things she has gone through in real life, and I guess that's what makes them really easy to relate to. She made me happy, and still does. Don't know where I would be now without her. She taught me to keep going, and to grow up, but not give up. Everything would be different without her, and I'm eternally grateful for her. :D

-
    Username: KillerQueenKaty
    Nomination 1: KillerQueenKaty (Myself)
    Nomination 2: XxHanneLorexX

I am very glad that Katy Perry has helped you through your life and encouraged you as you relate to her songs. I am thankful for the happiness and encouragement that you have received from listening to her. May her music continue to bring you much happiness and support.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pixiegamer wrote:
    This is such a touching lottery! Thank you so much for hosting.

I'm thankful for the friends I've met on this website. I know we're all semi-anonymous to each other, but I'm glad to have all of you because it makes me happy to know I can come on this website and make mischief with you all or just simply talk with some of you when I'm feeling blue. Regrettably, my everyday life makes it difficult for me to talk with even my real-life friends, so coming back to this site and being able to talk to all of you makes me feel happy. I love how I can come here and my mood will instantly be lifted because I'm surrounded by all you crazy, amazing people. Thank you so much for being here for me and giving me reasons to smile; I wish you all happy holidays and a lovely year to come :)

I'd like to nominate myself, duyguugudur, and loobylou1985. Thank you so much once again :)

Your thankful message is very special. Simming friends are so very special! They encourage us, support us, share our happy times and make us laugh. Happy holidays to you too!
  • Options
    aviamoldaviaaviamoldavia Posts: 143 Member
    edited December 2013
    Nominations:
    1. myself, aviamoldavia
    2. jennytru

My most thankful memories are of when people give gifts for no reason at all. I know the holidays is when everyone is expected to give gifts, but when someone gives me something thoughtful out of the blue, that's when I appreciate it the most. The past few months, I've been trying to get in shape and doing workouts using two full bottles of rubbing alcohol as weights. And then one day, my boyfriend comes home with a set of handweights for me even though I never asked him for them. :O The random gift always catches you by surprise, and that's why it's so great. :D

This is also why I'm nominating jennytru. She gifted me a small Simpoint item for no reason at all, just for being Simfriends. I was so blown away by her generosity; it was so unexpected.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited December 2013
    My fiance and I had been together forever, but he dumped me unexpectedly moments before I was supposed to leave for Chicago for a week for work. A week later, on my return flight, I realized I'd never made arrangements to get home from the airport. I was so used to his picking me up when I got home if public transit had stopped running for the night. I started riffling through my wallet to see if I had enough cash for a cab.

But it turned out to be irrelevant. As soon as I entered baggage claim--at midnight on a Wednesday--I saw five of my friends with a big "WELCOME HOME" and my name written out in glitter! Though I hadn't told a soul that we'd broken up--too stunned and too distracted by work, I guess--he had. And one of our mutual friends asked him what time I was supposed to be getting back from Chicago. And then she rounded up four other people just to greet me and hug me so I wouldn't be alone.

Am I the luckiest or what? How could I not feel thankful for friends like mine.

~~~~

I nominate me (http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=tamalinn)

and I also nominate TisenShiro (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/TisenShiro)

And if someone else would like to be sims friends, I'm accepting friend requests!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Nominations:
    1. myself, aviamoldavia
    2. jennytru

My most thankful memories are of when people give gifts for no reason at all. I know the holidays is when everyone is expected to give gifts, but when someone gives me something thoughtful out of the blue, that's when I appreciate it the most. The past few months, I've been trying to get in shape and doing workouts using two full bottles of rubbing alcohol as weights. And then one day, my boyfriend comes home with a set of handweights for me even though I never asked him for them. :O The random gift always catches you by surprise, and that's why it's so great. :D

This is also why I'm nominating jennytru. She gifted me a small Simpoint item for no reason at all, just for being Simfriends. I was so blown away by her generosity; it was so unexpected.

Unexpected surprise gifts are so very nice and thoughtful. They brighten your day because of their unexpectedness. It was kind of your boyfriend to surprise you by unexpectedly bringing home the handweights.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    tamalinn wrote:
    My fiance and I had been together forever, but he dumped me unexpectedly moments before I was supposed to leave for Chicago for a week for work. A week later, on my return flight, I realized I'd never made arrangements to get home from the airport. I was so used to his picking me up when I got home if public transit had stopped running for the night. I started riffling through my wallet to see if I had enough cash for a cab.

But it turned out to be irrelevant. As soon as I entered baggage claim--at midnight on a Wednesday--I saw five of my friends with a big "WELCOME HOME" and my name written out in glitter! Though I hadn't told a soul that we'd broken up--too stunned and too distracted by work, I guess--he had. And one of our mutual friends asked him what time I was supposed to be getting back from Chicago. And then she rounded up four other people just to greet me and hug me so I wouldn't be alone.

Am I the luckiest or what? How could I not feel thankful for friends like mine.

~~~~

I nominate me (http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=tamalinn)

and I also nominate TisenShiro (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/TisenShiro)

And if someone else would like to be sims friends, I'm accepting friend requests!

It is so caring and thoughtful of your friends to greet you at the airport! It is very nice that they would come out at midnight so that you wouldn't be alone. They sound like very special, supportive friends.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited December 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    It is so caring and thoughtful of your friends to greet you at the airport! It is very nice that they would come out at midnight so that you wouldn't be alone. They sound like very special, supportive friends.

Thanks! They really are the best. I hope everyone has friends like this.
  • Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow! First off let me say that it is great that you are doing this!

Ok, so there are so many thankful things I can tell you about but the time that I am most thankful for is when my husband were first married. We were living in a very small apartment trying to make ends meet when he was laid off from his factory job. He search and search for 3 months for a new job all while the past due bills were piling up. Well my in-laws lived 3 states from us and they offered to pay for our move and for us to live with them until we could secure living & jobs. We are now getting back up on our feet slowly, we have our own house and my husband has a new job. I on the other hand never went back to work but my new job is being a mommy to a beautiful little 1 year old girl. :D

I would like to nominate:
    Myself~ http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=mrlabean
    Lebanna~ http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Lebanna
    noisybrain~ http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=noisybrain
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    Wow! First off let me say that it is great that you are doing this!

Ok, so there are so many thankful things I can tell you about but the time that I am most thankful for is when my husband were first married. We were living in a very small apartment trying to make ends meet when he was laid off from his factory job. He search and search for 3 months for a new job all while the past due bills were piling up. Well my in-laws lived 3 states from us and they offered to pay for our move and for us to live with them until we could secure living & jobs. We are now getting back up on our feet slowly, we have our own house and my husband has a new job. I on the other hand never went back to work but my new job is being a mommy to a beautiful little 1 year old girl. :D

Myself~ http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=mrlabean
    Lebanna~ http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Lebanna
    noisybrain~ http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=noisybrain

It was very nice and caring of your inlaws to pay for your move to where they live and for you to live with them. It is great that your husband has now been able to get a job and that you own your own house. I send a big smile and hello to your precious little daughter! :) May the future ahead contain many, many special times for you and your family.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    30 minutes before we close sweeties! I'll be back then to finish up the list and find out our lucky winners!
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited December 2013
    I am completely brain dead, and I cannot really think, BUT I am takingful for a ton of people, but most recently it would have to be JadeDew and amirandat!
    See they held this AMAZING contest to win Midnight Hollow, which I won second place and got Midnight Hollow Gold!
    Now you may be thinking "Liz, but why are you super thankful for that?"
    Well that is a good question, I am thankful for that contest, because if I didn't enter it, I would have stayed being shy and angsty, lurking in most of the forums and being afraid of the gift giving forum! (I am weird)
    Since then, I have made some SUPER AMAZING FRIENDS from this forum, I wouldn't trade them for anything. All of them were there for me when I was alone on my Birthday and are here for me now when my Grandmother is injured! They have literally made me happy cry for all the things my friends here have done for me, and they always make me smile!

So ultimately, all the things and people I am thankful for right now, wouldn't have been possible if JadeDew or amirandat hadn't been so extremely generous!
    Not sure why that helped me not be so shy on the forums, but it really did! :D

I'd like to nominate myself (wishlist) and I need to check and see if there are things I need to do to nominate others! :D
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited December 2013
    Okay I would like to nominate LoobyLou1985 and AmbaAesthetic :mrgreen:
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Im thankful for my Grandmother, if it wasnt for her i would have lost my right eye many years ago(had glass on the iris)

Myself http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=TheZommbie
    Queenshay97 http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Queenshay97
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    And we are closed! I'll be back by 1 am with the winners!