Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next world: Roaring Heights! Random discussion thread.

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2013
    Amjoie, you mentioned in another post about the Sims 2 Rollercoaster - and I wracked my brain but just cannot recall a sims 2 rollercoaster. The only one I recall was from Sims1 Makin Magic - that little bitty one. I am fairly certain I bought all the Sims 2 stuff there ever was - could you perhaps refresh my head as I am wondering if perhaps it came out after BV as I had nothing but trouble with the game after Securom got added - so I had a hard time using all the EPs from BV through to the end.

It's like having a word at the end of your tongue and you can't for the life of you think of the word, and it won't get out of your head either. It is making me crazy because I have looked and can not find anything about one in Sims 2 even, never mind recall one.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited November 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Amjoie, you mentioned in another post about the Sims 2 Rollercoaster - and I wracked my brain but just cannot recall a sims 2 rollercoaster. The only one I recall was from Sims1 Makin Magic - that little bitty one. I am fairly certain I bought all the Sims 2 stuff there ever was - could you perhaps refresh my head as I am wondering if perhaps it came out after BV as I had nothing but trouble with the game after Securom got added - so I had a hard time using all the EPs from BV through to the end.

It's like having a word at the end of your tongue and you can't for the life of you think of the word, and it won't get out of your head either. It is making me crazy because I have looked and can not find anything about one in Sims 2 even, never mind recall one.

i think she was referring to the mods the sims carnival project
    http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=roller coaster
  • lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm glad there are more sharks, not everyone has IP. And some of those who do have it, can't play due to lag issues. Not quite sure why a shark would get on a rollercoaster, but if cows can play noughts and crosses, then why not?

Did someone say there are new clothes for teens and toddlers?

How do I love thee, Gurus? Let me count the ways. I love thee for the cows, and sharks, and fantastic new Art Deco world, and the bizarre sense of humour that permeates everything you do.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ah ha - Thanks Ceejay. I missed that as well because of all my game issue in Sims 2. I think the last project I got from modthesims projects was the Harry Potter and Magic stuff.

They are some talented folks over there for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    ceejay402 wrote:
    wow!! and it makes me wonder if a new sims death has just been added ?!

Have they ever added a new death with a world? They did with the Grimmy PC, but I don't think they ever have with a world, though. I hope not. I want to enjoy the ride, without fear. :)

Just make sure they have death flowers in their inventory before going on the roller coaster.

I am surprised by the track not being flat. That was the first thing I tested for with the tractor and its tracks can't be placed on a slope

I am looking forward to getting those new build items.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    YellowJane wrote:
    Ach, dammmmmm. The world is bought via real money only, not SimPoints! Why gurus, why!? It's so much better to buy it with simpoints. Annoys me..... There's no reason for it, and I don't see the point :roll:

The brightside of it being a cash world is that the venue will be separate. And so people can buy the venue without buying the world right off the bat! I may in fact do this, since I really really want roller coasters, but not really crazy about the world. (no offense or anything gurus, its really quite lovely, just not my best style :))
    WznfzGr.gif
  • SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    edited November 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    ceejay402 wrote:

Have they ever added a new death with a world? They did with the Grimmy PC, but I don't think they ever have with a world, though. I hope not. I want to enjoy the ride, without fear. :)

Yes, when they made the cow plant, that also was a new death. It is a pink ghost. Bonehilda always died with that before they patched supernatural after it released.
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
    edited November 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    @SimGuruCopeland: I take it that the roller coaster sections are recolorable in CAS? I ask because the tractor track pieces aren't CASt-able. Thanks!

Yep. You can recolor them however you want. But what's better is being able to set the theme of some of the pieces (more on that soon.)

Theme? We can do theme parks? You have all of my attention. This has got to be the best venue yet! I want to hear more.

You must be planning more rides, for future store purchases, right? Tell me you have plans ....

I am seeing a regular roller coaster or a water coaster I bet SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
  • SunnyBelleSunnyBelle Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited November 2013
    If is someone interested, store page is out: http://store.thesims3.com/roaringheights :oops:

Thank you Bily :D
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    So, this is coming out on Friday and not on a Thursday? I am in the US and it says 12/13/13.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited November 2013
    What a wonderful world - I already love it! Everything I have seen so far looks very promising. The new objects, hair and outfits go very well with the theme and create an authentic atmosphere. I like the flair of this Art Deco Style cityworld - I could just jump right in. :wink:

I could hardly believe it, when I saw the round-a-bout corners and the glass block walls - this and the return of the Fixer-Upper Car (plus the fix for the download of the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center :thumbup: ) made my day!!! Thank you, Store Team, this has been on my inner wishlist for a long time!!!

I'm very curious, what the boardwalk venue will look like. Since one advertising screenshot for "Showtime" was showing a boardwalk in the background, I've been waiting for something like that to come to the Store, because it never appeared in an EP. I'm pretty impressed by the fact that the venue comes with a customizable rollercoaster. I didn't expect functional content like this from the Store. I'm very excited to see it in action. 8)
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi despina53,

I think you were the one who was inquiring about the world release date because of your birthday (Happy Birthday!).

I've noticed since Dragon Valley, that EA always puts the release date one day ahead, because of the Dragon Valley fiasco:

This Sims 3 website is ahead in time zones than the actual Sims Studio. When they put the actual release date in the Store for that world, Dragon Valley got unlocked early (twice!) because of of the time difference when they were testing it.

So, now, they tag the worlds with a later release date, so EA can control when it actually debuts (December 12th for Roaring Heights).

Happy Simming! :)
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited November 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Ah ha - Thanks Ceejay. I missed that as well because of all my game issue in Sims 2. I think the last project I got from modthesims projects was the Harry Potter and Magic stuff.

They are some talented folks over there for sure.

Yup, that was the CC amusement park, by Echo. It was the most darling thing. A "working" carousel (went around, but not up and down), bumper cars with the cutest animation, a working roller coaster. I dearly loved to send my sims to that lot. They really seemed to enjoy it. I also had a Ferris wheel (I think made by someone else) that I put on that lot. Happy memories.

I'm sure this roller coaster is going to provide my simmies with more fun than any Sims 2 simmie had on the old one. But you know how memories are -- nothing ever really replaces them. You just add new happy memories on top of the old. :)

Of course, I would also like the other components of my old Sims 2 simmies favorite lot: bumper cars, working carousel for teens through elders, Ferris wheel. And anything else they would choose, to surprise us.
    edited November 2013
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi, Mistletoe -- Yes that was me asking about the discrepancy in the release dates. Your explanation makes a lot of sense. Don't want a repeat of the miscue with Dragon Valley! And thank you for wishing me Happy Birthday :D .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    edited November 2013

amjoie, the fixable car is actually the singe thing I'm most excited about! It was one of my top top items because I've been making the same group of sims since the original game (I know! :oops: ) and one of them was a 'mechanic' in TS2 with his own mechanic's garage where he used to fix up the cars and sell them. It was his main 'thing' and I've missed it so much in TS3!!!

It's funny because I was planning on doing a version of Bridgeport in a 1920's style, going through the lots and making them more of that time-period, ever since I got the ragtime set! I don't need to now! My ragtime sims can go to Roaring Heights and BP can be the dark home of BatSim! :D:lol:

IKR, that car can do so much and will be such fun. I'm really looking forward to it. When I think of dancing to a car radio, I remember and old movie, Win a Date With Tad Hamilton and have to laugh. The opening and closing scenes were so cute, featuring a dance to a car radio. Now I have an urge to watch the movie. LOL

I'm just glad to have a world for all those great art deco type venues, that looked so out of place in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or DV. It will be wonderful for them to have a real "home."

I'm so excited about this world, that it will be going to the top of my list of worlds that still need customizing. Poor LL, back-burnered again. I'm finishing up my Moonlight Farms world, and then it's back to DV. But I don't think I'll get all that and LL done in a couple weeks, so LL moves down a slot, in favor of the new city. Poor aliens. They'll probably attack the new city, because I've ignored them yet again. LOL
    edited November 2013
    Liam, don't make me hate you ....
    edited November 2013
    SpunkyBeli wrote:
    amjoie wrote:
    ceejay402 wrote:

Yes, when they made the cow plant, that also was a new death. It is a pink ghost. Bonehilda always died with that before they patched supernatural after it released.

I didn't remember that one. I never got the cow plant in Sims 3, because I hated it in Sims 2. It ate my favorite sim, and that was the end of it in my game. LOL

And I never used Bonehilda, so I wasn't aware she "died" before patching. That's really a funny glitch. :)
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm terrible for putting things off! I have all these projects that are semi-finished! But I just don't get that much time in-game at the moment with uni work! I'm determined to finish my Aurora Lakes world though (mash up of LL and AS). :lol:

And yes! It's nice that the Le Cinema Plumbob and Regency Arcade have an official home world now! :D

Do you have screenshots of what you're doing with Moonlight Farms? I've seen some of your work but I'm not sure if I've seen that.
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited November 2013
    look at that background :)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2013
    rumbutter wrote:

So gorgeous! I wish I was there! Really as it's been cold this week and we just had our first snow today. :cry: (I love LOOKING at winter and I love in game, but IRL I am not a cold weather person)

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited November 2013
    rumbutter wrote:

So pweeeeedy! :shock: :D
  • acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited November 2013
    oh yeah.

tumblr_mgji1399Ya1riiw1do1_500.gif

8I1emWvlyVIQ.gif

30846-Super-cute-gif-7Odu.gif

giphy-thanks2.gif
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
    edited November 2013
    There's a blog!

THERE'S A BLOOOOOG!!!!

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=529349

*runs off*
    edited November 2013
    I'm terrible for putting things off! I have all these projects that are semi-finished! But I just don't get that much time in-game at the moment with uni work! I'm determined to finish my Aurora Lakes world though (mash up of LL and AS). :lol:

And yes! It's nice that the Le Cinema Plumbob and Regency Arcade have an official home world now! :D

Do you have screenshots of what you're doing with Moonlight Farms? I've seen some of your work but I'm not sure if I've seen that.

Moonlight Farms is just what I'm calling the world that I customized around my recent redo of Grandpa's Grove (which is up on the exchange, but you have to remove the toddler gates from it, so it doesn't lag). I named the farm world that way so I don't confuse it with my other Moonlight Falls world. Sorry for the confusion. :)