Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about multiple Salons, Firestations etc lots?

Hi there,

sorry if there are threads out there similar to this one...but I don't seem to find any answer to this.

Anyways..I am creating a rather large town and I want to build a few local salons in each sub neighborhood. I am wondering will all salons and stuff work properly? Has anyone tried building multiple salons and fire stations in their worlds?

Thanks and I appreciate your help :)

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi :)

I actually haven't built more than one in a world, so I'm no help- I'm sure there are players who've done it. Why not test it and let the rest of us know how it works- that'd be wonderful to know. :D
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited November 2013
    Simsample wrote:
    As far as I can tell, two different rabbitholes of the same type (for example, the school from Bridgeport and the school from Sunset) will work perfectly well together, but two identical rabbitholes (for example, two Hogan's diners) will cause confusion. The exception to this is City Hall, I heard that you cannot have two of those (but I've not tried myself).

Source: Two of the same rabbitholes in one world?

edited November 2013
    SimLibby wrote:
    Simsample wrote:
    As far as I can tell, two different rabbitholes of the same type (for example, the school from Bridgeport and the school from Sunset) will work perfectly well together, but two identical rabbitholes (for example, two Hogan's diners) will cause confusion. The exception to this is City Hall, I heard that you cannot have two of those (but I've not tried myself).

Source: Two of the same rabbitholes in one world?

Rabbitholes, yes- but is that the same as the question asked?
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi!

In my worlds Metropoli and Pretoria (both large cities) there are two or even more of almost all RH and other carreer lots and venues (salon, fire station, Library etc...) and they work fine and you can choose in which of them your sim will work if they have a name to identify or you send the sim to the lot to get the work. I think you can even choose the school sending your kids to have extra schoolar activities to a certain school but I have not tested this. When there is an oportunity offered your sim is directed to go to one RH or the other o both ramdonly. I have had never two city halls so it is the one I can´t tell if it is ok to have more than one.

Happy simming
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    edited November 2013
    Hi, Junceda :D

Thanks, that's good to know. :D
  • jae12kaejae12kae Posts: 42
    edited November 2013
    hey all,

thanks for the answers! I also have multiple RH's but never any other career lots, but its good to hear that it works! :)
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited November 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Rabbitholes, yes- but is that the same as the question asked?

Maybe I didn't use the most appropriate quote but the topic also "talks" about firestations. I think it's an informative topic, and it is the only information I have inside of my mind that came close to the question, that's why I thought I would share it. So jae12kae can read the whole topic.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have tested multiple career lots and rh's and have no issues at all. Which comes in handy in really big worlds. In fact in fire departments it actually seems better to have multiple FD's if the world is really big. Which ever career lot you start your sim to work at it the one they will work at but it is easy to change where they work if you need to because you moved them nearer a different career building. On the day they need to go to work, click on the go to work button and click on the closer career building. The game will ask you if your sim wants to change to that RH or career lot for work - just say yes. And then they will go to work at the closer lot.

To change a kids school, click on the school of choice and click the after school activities for your kid. That will tie that kid to that school. You can pick the restaurant of choice for sims to be chefs at just by clicking on the go to work at which ever place they need to work at - other wise the game will pick the default bistro.

I do that for all the buildings with careers or jobs so my sim go where I want them to go. But multiples don't have a problem as long as you give each one it's own name. Do not use multiples with the same name even if they are the same building - change the names.

ETA _ Just to correct one thing do not use multiples of the City Hall though as that is the main building and considered the heart of every town - It is the center of all the programming - so there can only be just one of those or the AI gets confused and may crash or cause a lot of freezing. But all the rest work fine in multiples.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• jae12kaejae12kae Posts: 42
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for all of the responses all of them have been helpful :)! Writin_Reg, thanks for the detailed response! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Y'all are awesome! :)