Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next world: Roaring Heights! Random discussion thread.

Comments

• Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited November 2013
    I love it... I just love it...
    crying1_zpsf42d6a33.gif
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh EA, I'm so happy that you can add a violin in a world (even though it was completely unnecessary), but you can't add a jazzy wind instrument in this appropriate world. :roll:

Oh and I'm not sorry for bringing this up again. :|

But it looks like a cool world aside from that... The only thing is that it looks like it was pulled straight from the idea of the original Time Travel EP idea in the survey. I wish they would have gone all-out with that instead of making it only go to the future.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited November 2013
    :lol: You beat me to it :)

Heh heh! <3:lol: I'm too excited!

My thoughts exactly, HollwnessDevour! :D

The rest of the pictures for quick viewing:

11044389485_e58ff44a4b_z.jpg
    11044512994_75868a775c_z.jpg
    11044389765_82aa68118c_z.jpg
    11044482636_ea9edaaa3f_z.jpg
    11044571893_43eab2f677_z.jpg
    11044390265_98af6359fd_z.jpg11044572183_5c8bdd0c2f_z.jpg
    11044484606_5d0a1959c5_z.jpg
    11044574003_1b5663214f_z.jpg
    ngbbs4a4e260d9b874.jpg"width=650"
    I likey.
  • Options
    garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    edited November 2013
    I love the houses in the future so that match this world is even better the houses look kinda a like sweet future houses' this world is soooooooo exciting and so soon-

GuruCopeland this game has become so full- the designing is beautiful- you are just doing so many things-thank you for getting involved with the players, your new stuff is more and more exciting and beautiful- a Roller-coaster Wow! the boardwalk, the City its all overwhelming - I love the Sims 3 always have since I discovered the recolors patterns and designs it makes the game personal and addictive- I love all the designs the grove, Russia, and thanks for the Russia venue its nice and I can't wait for my city on the beach World- I am looking forward to the flower shop and the bakery- and its all to much- shops and sells I really am missing sleep cause its like an early Christmas! I am completely happy and can't wait to view more photo's thank you all for a job you can be proud of- I have spent hours with this game all creating pattern and all the cool stuff from the store that's makes my game so rich I don't want to start over- my Sims are already complete- thank you for the World - this one Sparkles like made by an Angel- thanks Sparkle I love the worlds, this one is beautiful Sunny- they call it Miami Fl. God Bless
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited November 2013
    :shock:

Wow! I woke up to a new world!
  • Options
    The-2-LsThe-2-Ls Posts: 104 Member
    edited November 2013
    :shock: :shock:

This is just beyond beautiful! It's like the store team reached into my head & dug out EXACTLY what I've been looking for in a Sims world :D

Beach - check. City - check. Art Deco - check!

Thank you fabulous store team, & thanks to all you lovely Simmers staying up late & providing me with such delicious eye candy to enjoy with my morning coffee :D

One thing I haven't seen mentioned - & sorry I don't know how to post pics :oops: - but one of the screenshots shows a building with CURVED GLASS WALLS!! I'm guessing its a stand-alone deco piece - but it looks AMAZING! I'm so excited right now - December 12th can't come soon enough!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :D
  • Options
    Silence731Silence731 Posts: 305 Member
    edited November 2013
    2 words....ZOOT....SUIT!!!!!!!!!

edit: ok so zoot suits came out in the 40s... I always thought they were 20s-30s... my bad...but still that heavy guy in one of the pics is wearing one
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited November 2013
    Silence731 wrote:
    2 words....ZOOT....SUIT!!!!!!!!!

edit: ok so zoot suits came out in the 40s... I always thought they were 20s-30s... my bad...but still that heavy guy in one of the pics is wearing one

Jackets not quite long enough for a zoot suit, but then again, like you say, zoot suits are 1940's!
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow! Woke to find 40+ pages of excitement.

I'm a bit blown away to be honest, rollercoasters FINALLY! So happy for you Alexspoom can tell from your post just how much this means for you after your lengthy wait.
    And fixable cars, oh my, I loved the car in Freetime, what a blast from the past!
    The long long awaited city world :D

Garrison17, I couldn't have put it any better than your post. I've skipped the last 2 EP's because in all honesty I prefer spending my money on Store content and GuruCopelands creations. His work has basically completed this game and he's made it something really special.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited November 2013
    Do you think there will be some new circular stairs with this world? I hope so! The Art Deco era had some gorgeous staircases :) Will the skyscrapers use the LN elevators or will we see some new exclusive content? ...It is all so exciting! :mrgreen:

K8Vo2acC5nMNS7aSP3ebvgdQg1ELuhaj.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    TiabonitaTiabonita Posts: 76 Member
    edited November 2013
    I waited :? , then went to bed :hunf: ....I just had to check if anything was posted :?: . Oh my gosh :shock: :-P !!!!! :-D I am thrilled!Thank you!! Cant wait!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh wow. :D

So were getting a city world,roller coaster amd carosal. :D

I didn't see a farris wheel though however that doesn't mean there won't be one. The Roaring Heights page is going up later today.

I wonder what other suprises this world holds. :D

Edit
    Looks like I was right about anique cars.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Oh wow. :D

So were getting a city world,roller coaster amd carosal. :D

I didn't see a farris wheel though however that doesn't mean there won't be one. The Roaring Heights page is going up later today.

I wonder what other suprises this world holds. :D

Hello Cat :)I agree :) Roaring Heights looks incredible! :) I am over the moon to have a City world finally come to the store :mrgreen: Read all about Roaring Heights here: http://simsvip.com/
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I hope that carosal actually moves.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2013

I was thinking the same thing - but judging by the picture I don't think so.

Edit: Unless the horses are on a hidden track like the tractor or monorail.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm hoping the official RH page that's coming later today will have info on objects coming with this world. It goes up at noon pacific 3pm eastern.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It does not look real to me, I think it is just spring rides situated to look like a carousel :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm hoping the official RH page that's coming later today will have info on objects coming with this world. It goes up at noon pacific 3pm eastern.
    Cool 8) I will watch for it :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    TiabonitaTiabonita Posts: 76 Member
    edited November 2013
    It does not look real to me, I think it is just spring rides situated to look like a carousel :)

That is what it looks like to me too.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2013

11044574003_1b5663214f_b.jpg

Oh wow!! I am in love!! :D

This picture reminds me of Southport on the Gold Coast in Queensland. Although there are a lot more buildings in Southport and they are taller - and not art deco. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited November 2013

That's so exciting. :mrgreen: Was that confirmed on Twitter? I haven't seen it on here.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh, how beautiful. An amazing looking city world from my favourite ever time period, and a fixable car, and all that lovely hair and clothes (please don't forget the teens and toddlers), it's Squee heaven :D

SGCopeland, I think I'm in love.

And AlexSpoom's cow racing is the funniest thing I ever heard. Don't normally laugh on Monday mornings, but for you, I did :)

17 days to go...
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh my God! A city world? Art deco? Roller coasters (which we can also build ourselves?!)? A fixer upper car?!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    tumblr_lfsvxt6KM11qcsrrxo1_400.gif

Me wants it now!!! 8) 8) 8)

Never thought I would want the rollercoasters so much in my game, but seeing these pictures, and the fact we can build our own, has me totally sold on the idea! 8) And oh my, I've been wanting the fixer upper car object from Sims2 back for the longest time, and the fact it's with an old timer car makes it even better!! And the the new 1920s town, with those spectacular high rises and stunning decor, perfect!!! Can't wait as well to see all the CAS content for this world, LOVE the themed, historical sets we've had so far through the store and the outfits and hairs in the pictures look amazing!!!!
    BZ5bzE0CIAADDLl.jpg:large"width=640"

Yay! :mrgreen:

This looks absolutely GORGEOUS! Thank you store team for creating this world and venue! :thumbup: Now all I need is the bakery, a few more crafting stations (pottery! flower arranging!!), a New Orleans/Old Town inspired world and a few CAS sets with a bunch fashionable outfits specifically for my male sims, and my game would be complete *hint hint*. :wink: Thank you Gurus for participating in the forums here and listening to our feedback and content requests! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    love.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013

That's so exciting. :mrgreen: Was that confirmed on Twitter? I haven't seen it on here.

It was confirmed on simsvip.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited November 2013
    While I am still rather crabby about having to wait til this morning to find out anything after looking for hints ALL DAY on Sunday I have to admit I am rather mollified by the sheer awesome of the below:

All the images together :)

BZ5ThdfCIAABLY0.jpg:large
    BZ5Xu2dCUAAEs80.jpg:large
    BZ5bzE0CIAADDLl.jpg:large
    BZ5UFKbCAAAE3l-.jpg
    11044482416_7803a498d0_z.jpg
    11044572183_5c8bdd0c2f_b.jpg
    11044574003_1b5663214f_b.jpg
    11044390265_98af6359fd_b.jpg
    11044571893_43eab2f677_b.jpg

Oh wow!! I am in love!! :D

I am curious to find out if any of those skyscrapers are more than rabbitholes and how they're dealing with the lack of elevators.