Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have a question about the optional challenge WRT the future challenge(s). I got distracted while playing the family and just realized that Kaiden is about to age up in a day or two. Should I not let that happen? Is it important for him to still be a toddler for the next challenge or does it matter? I can turn off aging if necessary.
  • Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    Yup just lost an hours worth of work!!!! Was changing my fireplace and then was going to save. :cry: Just my luck as I was doing the fireplace game froze and crashed! Grrrrr.... I swear this has happens like 10 times already with this house, otherwise I'd be done! Oh well, I'm going to bed and I'll try again tomorrow....

(Yes, I know I should save more often. So don't say it! :twisted: I just get caught up with things and don't realize it's been more than 20 mins. :lol: )

I'm the same way! I get lost in the process and forget how long I've been in game for and thus don't save as much as I should! My comp crashed yesterday and I lost almost 2 hrs of work! Redoing is always easier tho!

Yea it is because you already know what you want. But it still sucks. I'm on a laptop and it seems like after playing a while my game crashes and freezes. I think its because it gets too hot, plus I'm almost to the point of needing a new pc, gonna get a desk top next time so I can do upgrades to the processor and graphics card for cheaper. I have all EP up to UL and I wanted to get more for Christmas but I dont think my laptop can handle any more. :cry: Oh well, as long as I still can play.
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited November 2013

How do you clear catche? I've never heard of doing that except on my Xbox....

I usually clear my DCbackup and featured items.

I used <a href="http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/technicalhelp/slowgame.php&quot; target="_blank">Carls sims guide</a> when I tried it for the first time :)

My game gets too slow sometimes. I play on my 3 year old laptop, so it's struggling with the game sometimes ;)

Edit: and the folder: "FeaturedItems" is also safe to clear. I sometimes have over 1500 items in there that slows my game enormous.. It'll just regenerate with new one when you open up the game the next time ;)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ISHTARJMD wrote:
    mrlabean wrote:
    Yup just lost an hours worth of work!!!! Was changing my fireplace and then was going to save. :cry: Just my luck as I was doing the fireplace game froze and crashed! Grrrrr.... I swear this has happens like 10 times already with this house, otherwise I'd be done! Oh well, I'm going to bed and I'll try again tomorrow....

(Yes, I know I should save more often. So don't say it! :twisted: I just get caught up with things and don't realize it's been more than 20 mins. :lol: )

Download Twallan's Saver mod. I would loose entire days worth of work before I installed that. It automatically pops up the save window every half hour no matter what you are doing. Can we say life saver!

I just said that to my husband last night. I had it before and I must have forgotten to install it back in, the last time I updated my mods.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:

Yea it is because you already know what you want. But it still sucks. I'm on a laptop and it seems like after playing a while my game crashes and freezes. I think its because it gets too hot, plus I'm almost to the point of needing a new pc, gonna get a desk top next time so I can do upgrades to the processor and graphics card for cheaper. I have all EP up to UL and I wanted to get more for Christmas but I dont think my laptop can handle any more. :cry: Oh well, as long as I still can play.

My laptop got too hot as well. I bought a laptop stand with a fan in it :) It works great so far :)

• Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited November 2013
    ArikaB wrote:
    I have a question about the optional challenge WRT the future challenge(s). I got distracted while playing the family and just realized that Kaiden is about to age up in a day or two. Should I not let that happen? Is it important for him to still be a toddler for the next challenge or does it matter? I can turn off aging if necessary.

That's fine ArikaB, you can let him age up :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited November 2013
    ArikaB wrote:

That's fine ArikaB, you can let him age up :)

Cool. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Lebanna wrote:
    mrlabean wrote:

My laptop got too hot as well. I bought a laptop stand with a fan in it :) It works great so far :)

I have one, but after playing a long time it still gets really hot. So idk, I have to remember to shut my game down while I'm running around doing house work, dinner, taking care of my little one and such. That's part of my problem... I keep it going.
  • Options
    madxhatterx17madxhatterx17 Posts: 20
    edited November 2013
    Best Laid Plans.

NAME: madxhatterx17

LINK TO LOT: N/A at the moment. It's saying it's uploaded to the site but it's.... Yeah, doesn't want to be nice and work properly. I'll have to go in later and try to upload it again. I'm too tired to start the game up all over again. I'm sorry.

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1330.photobucket.com/user/MaDxHatteRxGirL/library/?view=recent&page=1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7810287

LEVEL: beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 60x60; 12345 Dream Drive; Last I checked it said $163,918. I'll check again and write it down again when I load up the game to upload to the site.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Nice, lovely, spacious home. Perfect for raising children. When playing with my Sims, it comes up with the "Beautiful Vista" moodlet, which I was happy to see. Just a nice family home that feels like, to me, will encourage more family time.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure. My second time building for this and I have actually have more than just one hour (I found out about this right before the last build challenge was closed and kind of rushed and just threw something together) to do the build. I finished it the other day but was putting off uploading, just to make sure everything was perfect. I get nervous with people other than my fiance seeing my houses I build. But I hope you like it. :)

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Some store content such as the changing station. Not much other store content that I can think of right off hand, though...
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    Lebanna wrote:
    mrlabean wrote:

I have one, but after playing a long time it still gets really hot. So idk, I have to remember to shut my game down while I'm running around doing house work, dinner, taking care of my little one and such. That's part of my problem... I keep it going.

In Jan, my laptop will be 4 years old. Like you, I keep the game running when doing other stuff. I can leave it open for 2 maybe 3 days... after that it gets super slow and has to be shut down/restarted! I hate the loading time tho! :evil:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    mrlabean wrote:
    Lebanna wrote:
    mrlabean wrote:

In Jan, my laptop will be 4 years old. Like you, I keep the game running when doing other stuff. I can leave it open for 2 maybe 3 days... after that it gets super slow and has to be shut down/restarted! I hate the loading time tho! :evil:

I wish I could keep mine going for that long. Mine will be only 2 years old in the spring. But for the loading times to be cut down you should so what I did. I got the idea from ZooU. Create a building blank saved town (everything is cleared out but the grocery & book store. No families, no excess crap that takes forever. Using that my loading time is only a minute or two. (which is really nice) But I do still have my other save for my story... which I never play because I am always building! lol
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2013
    suepea wrote:
    Lebanna wrote:
    iampes23 wrote:

I had this problem before. I eventually had to testingcheatsenabled true and shift-click age up. Sometimes to a teenager. My friend said he was able to move them to the clip board before and put them back in and it was fine. Maybe you can try that. and I know it sucks but what about possibly deleting the family and then taking the copy and placing them into the lot? It was so bad I had to do that a few times.

(Sorry if it sounds weird or not right. I'm about to go back to work and didn't feel like pulling up my laptop and just borrowed my fiance's iPad so I. Could see if there was anything new in the forums and the deals. If you don't work at a department store, save your sanity. It's miserable in holidays and I last had a day off Sunday and my next one is next thursday. I finished my house and the family finally when I had a Few moments to spare so it should be up later today after work.)

Thanks, but I have just finished uninstalling and reinstalling all my games--I think I have a copy of the house, but I had decided to redo family since that was where the glitch was(i hope).

If it happens again, maybe this will help. http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.nl/2012/06/how-to-fix-baby-glitches-in-sims-3.html
    I know you said you had no cc. But maybe it attached to something from the exchange. I clear my cache regularly, cause it makes my game run smoother :)

I clear my cache files before every game -- I work on a Mac and up until the most recent patch I have had to baby my game to make it run smoothly. I also clear out my Featured items folder and empty the DCBackup folder (except for the ccmerged file. As for CC, I discovered the dreaded Arezza Bath Cabinet after DLing a Sim from the Exchange. Sometimes CC is very sneaky stuff and you don't even know it's there until it causes issues with your game. Unfortunately, if your issue is some CC that snuck in, I don't think an uninstall/reinstall will fix it. I would check out Lebanna's link cause when the CC thing happened to me, I would have sworn there was no CC in my game.

I used to used patterns from the exchange and I have tried cc from other websites, but not for a months now--due to glitches. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times since then, including deleting all game files off of the Origin program files. I strictly only use CAP with my own patterns so I know there is nothing to corrupt my game. That is why this is so freaky!
  • Options
    ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just so everyone knows, I tend to use alot of CC in my builds. Just a heads up for those who are interested in downloading them.
  • Options
    VanessaCordeVanessaCorde Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2013
    This will be my first build n share project! I am very confused about the deminsions? Also do you only have 30x30 to use?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This will be my first build n share project! I am very confused about the deminsions? Also do you only have 30x30 to use?

The build should be on a 60x60 lot, BUT for this challenge the house should be build on a 30x30 frame within that 60x60 lot. You could either build it on a 30x30 lot first and relocate it to a 60x60 lot later. or you could mark a 30x30 square on the 60x60 lot with for example the small fence (this last one gives you way more freedom as to where to place your house :) ). or you could just freebuild on the 60x60 lot and keep in mind to stay within the 30x30 square

Hope this helped

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Challenge #223-224

NAME: Lebanna

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7812530
    (for the exchange I placed it on a 30x40 lot. That way there was less space unused ;)

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Bel-Anna/slideshow/Sims/Best laid plans - Challenge 223-224

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Bel-Anna/story/66225
    (haha not my best story ever)..

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 60x60, 20 Summer Hill Court Sunset Valley, 187,766

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This lovely home is perfect for a family that is expanding. With a fully decorated living with nice large doors to the backyard, fully equipped kitchen, and a eating area. Through the kitchen there is an entrance to the screened porch. Next to the kitchen you can find a second hallway with a second entrance, laundry closet and the second bed- and bathroom. The master bedroom has his and hers walk in closets and an en-suite bathroom. Down in the basement you can find a guest room, with guest bath. A laboratory for Kieran and a general bathroom. Also nectar storage and a nectar maker!
    The garden has a seating area, bbq, play area and a pond with koi's

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always appreciated

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Only store and EP/SP items!
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• Options
    TwilaniteTwilanite Posts: 53 Member
    edited November 2013
    What's the space between the great room and master bedroom supposed to be on the blueprint?
    Looks like one is a closet of sorts and I have no clue as to what the other little space is to décor that spot.

Thanks,
    ~Twilanite
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I think it can be anything you want it to be. Some put shelves, some a fireplace... Only the walls, doors, windows and stairs have to be placed per plan... we can be creative with everything else.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Twilanite wrote:
    What's the space between the great room and master bedroom is supposed to be on the blueprint?
    Looks like one is a closet of sorts and I have no clue as to what the other little space is to décor that spot.

Thanks,
    ~Twilanite

The space located closest to the outer wall is a fireplace. And to the right (down on the drawing) is open storage space. For books or shelves or a pantry. What ever you want :)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    What _Princess_Natasha_ said is also true :) Only walls, windows and doors are 'set in stone'

• Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited November 2013
    Twilanite wrote:
    What's the space between the great room and master bedroom supposed to be on the blueprint?

Thanks,
    ~Twilanite

Twilanite - are you talking about the rounded cut out area? If so, it's a fireplace ;)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Lebanna wrote:
    Twilanite wrote:
    What's the space between the great room and master bedroom is supposed to be on the blueprint?

Thanks,
    ~Twilanite

The space located closest to the outer wall is a fireplace. And to the right (down on the drawing) is open storage space. For books or shelves or a pantry. What ever you want :)

Ok. Thanks I wasn't sure what to put there. I think I will move my fireplace over then to that spot. Will work better anyways for what I have planned for the great room. :) ~Twilanite
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Twilanite wrote:

Thanks,
    ~Twilanite

Twilanite - are you talking about the rounded cut out area? If so, it's a fireplace ;)

Does it HAVE to be a fireplace? I made it into shelves... is that okay?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Twilanite wrote:

Thanks,
    ~Twilanite

Does it HAVE to be a fireplace? I made it into shelves... is that okay?

Read above if I am not right but believe it can be shelves just the blueprint looks like shelves on the one spot and whatever for the other. So correct me if I am wrong?
    I just moved my fireplace over cause was something I was already going to add to the great room. Hope this helps. ~Twilanite
  • Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited November 2013
    iampes23 wrote:
    I have been having a few bad days...Not only would the lot not load, when I play with the family I am getting a glitch I have never had before. When I have mom put the baby to bed with read to sleep, the baby looks tall and weird(see photos). I have no cc unless you count my CAPs. Until the maintenance this week and Origin's update, I have never had this problem. I may have to uninstall,reinstall, and build all over again.
    Screenshot_zps7ada2583.jpg

Screenshot-2_zpsaceea6d9.jpg

I don't THINK his chocolate bunny friend had anything to do with it...

I had this problem before. I eventually had to testingcheatsenabled true and shift-click age up. Sometimes to a teenager. My friend said he was able to move them to the clip board before and put them back in and it was fine. Maybe you can try that. and I know it sucks but what about possibly deleting the family and then taking the copy and placing them into the lot? It was so bad I had to do that a few times.

(Sorry if it sounds weird or not right. I'm about to go back to work and didn't feel like pulling up my laptop and just borrowed my fiance's iPad so I. Could see if there was anything new in the forums and the deals. If you don't work at a department store, save your sanity. It's miserable in holidays and I last had a day off Sunday and my next one is next thursday. I finished my house and the family finally when I had a Few moments to spare so it should be up later today after work.)

i have that problem with dogs!! they take this weird human form!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top