Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Petition] We want to create our own neighbourhoods!

Hello everyone, Falkonuz here.

I was very disapointed when I found out that there is no CAN (Create-A-Neighbourhood) tool that comes with the base game. I thought to myself "that's stupid. The Sims was always about being able to create pretty much whatever you wanted".

And that's exactly my point: To be able to create ANYTHING you want. Furthermore, The Sims 2 had this ability right in the base game, and since The Sims 3 is supposed to be an upgrade (what with the open neighbourhood concept, trait system and such), why doesn't it have certain features from it's predecessors?

I know that EA said that they would release a tool to create custom neighbourhoods "soon", but they said that months ago when the game first came out! I think that EA Games should actually pay attention to their fanbase for once.

They've made mistakes with Secu-Rom (which I'm not going to even THINK about), and they're making another mistake with not letting us create our own neighbourhoods.

Finally, EA should NOT rely on the modding community to create fixes for the bugs they leave in the game. One creator released a cleaned out version of both neighbourhoods, leaving only the bare neccessities. But we shouldn't have to resort to that. We should have our own neighbourhoods that we can create, explore and have FUN with.

I don't know if this has been said before, but please sign and let our voices be heard.

-F

Comments

• AccentzAccentz Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i totally agree with you
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SitheseParadoxSitheseParadox Posts: 52 New Member
    edited September 2009
    First one to post!

I strongly agree with your whole message. To those that say "It's too complex to start from scratch in this game," it is honestly your personal problem if you are unable to apply effort to your own creations. All you need to do is lay out paths and roads, and there you have your basic network. Next, you simply need to lay out lots along the roads and pathways where needed. I am the first to sign this petition!
  • DaddyandMikaDaddyandMika Posts: 272 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I've voted for this in other posts, too; but, count me in.
  • Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited September 2009
    They are going to release more neighbourhoods in the World Adventures EP. I do hope that we can at one point create our own neighbourhoods as well!! I completely agree with you!! It's not the same anymore. :(
  • mizzbobbamizzbobba Posts: 13 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I agree!!! Hope they bring it out in the next expansion pack!!!
  • FredmagicdudeFredmagicdude Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I totally agree.
  • hollyrose4hollyrose4 Posts: 214 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i agree the game is getting very boring
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited September 2009
    THE WORLD BUILDER WILL BE COMING AFTER THE EP!!!!!! THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • FalkonuzFalkonuz Posts: 55 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the support Simmers! Keep 'em coming.

-F