Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A few ideas :)

- Fish tanks: More variety please. Really we only get one lonely little fish bowl?

- More game items. While I appreciate the addition of the Foosball table, what happened to the pool table, card table, darts, etc? You really can't make an awesome game room with just a Foosball table, TV, and game system.

- More statues and fountains. Right now for fountains there are small and huge, maybe some in between? And I only seen a few of the expensive statues.

- This has to do with game play; I noticed that when my couples die of old age their ghosts say they have no partner. I think it should still say who the partner is and just label as deceased; if they do get remarried maybe put the first partner that was deceased under previous or something.

- More houses and lots! I remember that there would be a ton of houses and you could choose between small medium large (maybe add extra large)

That's all. Hopefully these get read :)

Comments

• Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, the selction of decently priced houses is small. My poor Sims have a hard time moving when they're low on funds. :(
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Gabalicious_monkGabalicious_monk Posts: 306 New Member
    edited September 2009
    1. Why can't we can't we cancel our carpool for work permanently? Our own cars are faster!

2. We should be able to know what the repo man is taking without watching him the entire time.

3. It would be nice if there were an easier way to see what we've already read in our inventory. Maybe color-code the books or something.

4. We can't lock our doors now. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I tried to lock a babysitter out of a bedroom with a TV so she wouldn't keep waking up the sims sleeping in there, not even an option.
  • AriaGirl77AriaGirl77 Posts: 61 Member
    edited September 2009
    Love the idea of canceling the carpool. Pretty sure we could do that in Sims 2 but can't now.
  • DaraddarDaraddar Posts: 102 New Member
    edited September 2009
    More game items definently sounds like a great idea. Then also the cancelling carpools, and absolutely miss locking doors.
    Maybe even if you had locked your door and a burgular came they'd either have a harder time getting in or not even be able to get in.

Some of my ideas (and hopes):

1; I wish there were more interactions for the children and toddlers

2;I reeeaaally want the Smustle back, and hope they bring back hottubs as well

3; Being invited by AI Sims to parties, over to their home, or out somewhere like the bistro
    edited September 2009
    bump!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • dudes10101dudes10101 Posts: 131 New Member
    edited September 2009
    and they should add colleges again
  • melaney90melaney90 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Cyberqueen...i agree 100% with all your ideas as well.
    & same here I got this game then it got kind of boring because i wanted to keep buying different things and I ran out of things to buy and places to go..but I just downloaded the halloween package and im gonna go check that out.
  • FredmagicdudeFredmagicdude Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I think that they should really upgrade edit town. I am more interested in building my town, but now i have used up all the avalible lots. I think that you should be able to actually put in lots, add roads and change elevations.
  • LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited September 2009
    Well? We can change elevations, but gotta have a lot to do it with.. DOH!

Yes a more robust town editing/creation tool is needed..
  • KelseirocksKelseirocks Posts: 344 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I really do miss being able to edit my town, i liked having big lots and making realy extravagant houses and things and like a pool house outside the original house, but there really is only a few big lots to choose from, so i find my self really limited in what i can do.

I also agree about there being a lack of game things like the pool table and arcade game machines and darts.

I also wouldnt mind if they added pets as well
  • Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited September 2009
    Here are some ideas in my head to make the game more exciting.

1. Exaggerated traits = You should see people around town run screaming from kids or snubbing kids if they don't like kids. Great kissers should go up and kiss someone and the other sim passout. Kleptos should steal fruit from the front of the store. Snobs should walk around town tossing their hair or gossiping. Mean sims should cause fights with other mean sims and the police show up. I just think that you should see other sims traits more clearly around town than just giving character options to the player of that one sim you are contolling.

2. Kids on the playground = You never see kids at recess at school or playing on the playgrounds. If my kid plays at the playground other kids should come up and interact with him. Play together or bully, whatever, but interact.

3. Teen Hangouts = Teens have a curfew but you never see a pack of kids just hanging out. How about making a Teen center and you could see teens just hanging out or some kids skateboarding at a skateboading park.

4. More Events = It's getting boring around town. How about having a car show or something. Maybe add a site where you have an open field and at certain times there could be events like car shows with banners up and people showing off there suped up cars. Old fashion cars or new modern sci-fi like cars. Maybe see teens at the show impressed with a certain car. (No I'm not a teen) At other times you could use the lot for other things like a fairground or something. Maybe have stands up to play fair games and win prizes, booths to buy corndogs and popcorn, kids ask parents to buy them cotton candy. Someone mentioned a Parade,which brings me to #5.

5. Holidays/Weather = Oh I would love to have seasons with holidays. Maybe you could have decorations and clothes for certain holidays. If you have a Halloween Party or Christmas Party people will come in costumes and Christmas colors. You could decorate your houses for the season. Maybe you could see trick or treaters too. If you are Mayor you could decorate the town square or have a Christmas Parade. The options will only be available during the correct seasons. Maybe you could watch an Easter egg hunt at the fairgrounds during Easter. You could do fireworks for 4th of July. Add clothes/decorations for each occassion.(Please add a category under decorations called "Holiday" so we can find the stuff easily).

6. Animals = It would be great to take my sim horseback riding :) Maybe have a ranch they can visit. Riding clothes to wear while there. Boots, cowboy hat, vest...Maybe see goats and chickens and REAL cows :) Maybe have a peting farm for the kids. Maybe kids can buy a pet here and take it home, but you have to fence your yard in or it will eat the neighbors plants and he will yell at you!

7. Get rid of the rabbit holes = Well of course I want to see what happens inside the restaurants or at my sims workplace. Duh

8. Swimming = Please make certain areas safe for sims to swim in the ocean (or lake for Riverview). Maybe you can take your family camping and you can swim there. You can add a lifeguard at the beach with the big chair, maybe a teen can have this as a partime job. Have the floating bobers that rope off the area for swimming. You could have people sunbathing and a booth to buy drinks or icecream.

9. Icecream truck = You could have an icecream truck in the neighborhood. Only comes around ever so often, but if you are lucky to catch it you can buy something.

10. Disaters = Maybe this is weather but what if you had this great house and a tornator came and then you had to rebuild/move. Or maybe something smaller like a fender bender and you could talk to the person who's car you hit till the police come to sort it out. It can't be perfect in simland ALL of the time.

Please feel free to add your thoughts to this. I sure do hope that the EA people take some of these ideas if not all of them. It would make the game less boring.
    edited September 2009
    Cyberqueen, I love your ideas! Especially the kids on the playground...that always bugged me too. There's no place for kids to meet other kids other than school. :(
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Gabalicious. I hope EA is watching this thread and threads like it. I really want my game to be more exciting. I stopped playing for a long time because it got boring. The Halloween decorations that they gave for free made me want to play again. Let's hope the ideas keep coming and that the EA people are listening :)
  • Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I agree with all of it. Some of things you mentioned such as more items like the pool table will likely be released with EP'S so hopefully your ideas work out!!
    edited September 2009
    melaney90 wrote:
    Cyberqueen...i agree 100% with all your ideas as well.
    & same here I got this game then it got kind of boring because i wanted to keep buying different things and I ran out of things to buy and places to go..but I just downloaded the halloween package and im gonna go check that out.

Would be nice if they gave us Halloween costumes and the option to go trick or treat, could toilet paper houses or throw eggs :twisted: Just kidding. But trick or treating would be nice.
  • wilkolencewilkolence Posts: 45 New Member
    edited September 2009
    ive posted a new story. i worked really hard on it, and would love some feedback!
    it's inspired by WATCHMEN, the new STAR TREK, and even some TWILIGHT.

ENJOY!!

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=96775