Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play The Sims 3 to Win Big ~CONGRATS WINNERS~

Play the Sims to Win Big!

Please read the first and second posts carefully, there's a lot going on here. :)

Hosted by: dawnrob and Lissykin

Prizes!!

8000 Simpoints (total)
1st Place: 4000 Simpoints
2nd Place: 2000 Simpoints
Honorable Mentions (10 total): 200 Simpoints

Winners are allowed to gift their simpoints to other simmers.
*Please note that the Simpoints will be awarded in Store content.*

Timeframe: Six weeks from the OP date. Final submissions due December 29th with the specific GMT time to be announced.
You may start playing as soon as you've entered. :)

Rules:
~ One post per entry.
~ Only one entry per contestant.
~ Must use the Sims and Houses provided.
~ Please no cheat codes that max motives. On your Honor!
~ Build cheats are allowed.
~ Story Progression can be on or off.
~ Aging can be from Short to Epic; it's your choice. (Please list which one you used)
~ There is no limit on how many memories you can collect.
~ Potions and Premium Objects allowed. If it's EA content, you can use it.
~ Sim names, clothing and hairstyles can be changed.
~ Furniture and home can be changed - just don't use a money cheat!
~ Lifetime Reward points can be used for any of the rewards, including changing traits.

Click to Read a Special 'How to Play' Note From the Hosts and Judges

Remember that we mainly want your memories of milestones, not necessarily a story.

BONUS: If you keep the home a single parent household, you will get a fat point bonus!

Please post your name to participate. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Happy Simming!

Special Note:
If you prefer, you may create your own separate thread for your entry. If you do, please post an entry here with a link to your thread. Thank you!

Quick Links:

How to Play
Instructions for Sharing Memories
Entrants
Winners

Comments

• LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member
    edited November 2013
    Welcome to our contest! We were in the mood for something slightly different than the normal fare; our challenge to you is this: Make the happiest, most skilled Sim you can. We love to play the Sims, and want to see how you play too!

How to Play:

The goal of this contest is to watch your single parent Sim raise their toddler or child into a well rounded Young Adult (or beyond). Each player has two weeks to create memories. When in game and a memory has been made, just click 'share'. The memory will post to your My Page Studio under the Memories tab. Once the memory has been created, then you'll come here and add the image from the memory with the text.
    When you're child is potty trained, save that memory! Took an Art Class? Save that memory! Graduating from High School? Save that memory! Unlocked a hidden talent? Save that one too! Even reading books, taking greeting card pictures, and playing in the park can be great moments to share.
    Note: If you don't have Generations, then you won't be able to generate memories. This doesn't mean you can't participate. Instead, please take a screenshot of your achievements and narrate the image for us so we know what milestone has been reached.

*How to Share Memories*

*Can't Create Memories? Instructions for Uploading Images*

Sometimes while playing you'll find you've earned a badge. When you do, please list which ones and when. If you have already played so much that you've earned many or all of them, don't worry! The badges are just another helpful way to track how the game was played, it's not something that will ruin your chances at a win.

In the end, the judges will review the play time journey and award the most successful Simmer. Creativity counts, so make sure to use every tool at your disposal to create the best memories and successes. :mrgreen:

Note: If you're concerned about the amount of memories in a post, you may do one of two things: List a link to a photobucket or Minus album, or list a link to the memories in your studio.

We all know that everyone plays The Sims 3 in their own unique way. Keeping with that thinking, we are offering multiple ways to play. First, you need to select a Mother or Father, and toddler or child Sims you'll be using. Based on the content you own, you can choose either of the base game only, CC and CAP free Sims here:

Mother:
    Krissy Kieffer
    Mediafire Link: Krissy
    Traits: Handy, Irresistible, Bookworm, Nurturing, Hopeless Romantic
    By: Lissykin
    headshot_original.jpg

Daughter:
    Zoe Kieffer
    Mediafire Link: Zoe
    Traits: Friendly, Artistic
    By: Lissykin
    headshot_original.jpg

If you have additional store content and EP's/SP's available, you can download either of these Sims:

Father:
    Adam Oakridge
    Mediafire Link: Adam
    Traits: Artistic, Nurturing, Good Sense Of Humor, Brave, Neat
    By: dawnrob
    headshot_original.jpg

Son:
    Josh Oakridge
    Mediafire Link: Josh
    Traits: Artistic, Easily Impressed
    headshot_original.jpg

Mother:
    Bella Beau
    Mediafire Link: Bella
    Traits: Charismatic, Bookworm, Party Animal, Virtuoso, Artistic
    By: GrandmotherGamer
    headshot_original.jpg

Daughter:
    Berry Beau
    Mediafire Link: Berry
    Traits: Bookworm, Artistic, Virtuoso
    headshot_original.jpg

Remember to only select one Young Adult and one Toddler or Child. :)

Next, select which starter lot you'd like to use:

Starter House One:
    Cozy Victorian (Base Game Only)
    By: sashraf
    roof_up_original.jpg

Starter House Two:
    For Lissykin (Base Game and Ambitions)
    roof_up_original.jpg

Starter House Three:
    Dingle Cottage
    roof_up_original.jpg

The first lot is a complete house using all of the starting household funds; the second lot is for those that prefer keep more of their starting cash. The third is complete and only uses approx. 14,000 simoleans. Please choose the one that best suits your style of play.

Earning points in this contest is easy....all you have to do is play your game! :)

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited November 2013
    Instructions for Sharing Memories

Step 1: When in game, click to share the memory you've made.

Step 2: Open your My Page > My Studio and select the Memories tab.
    For Greeting Cards, follow the same steps but select the Greeting Cards tab.

Step 3: Click on the memory, then right click and Copy Image URL.

Step 4: Open your entry post here. Paste the image URL and add the size in quotes; click the Img tab. This is what the code looks like:
    [img]picture URL here"height=250""width=400"[/img]

If you need additional help, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Step 5: Copy the text from the memory and paste it under the image URL.

Memory Example:
    original.jpg"height=250""width=400"
    Mastered Athletic
    Hours of practice and study have finally paid off. There isn't anything else to learn in the study of Athletic!

Greeting Card Example:
    original.jpg"height=250""width=400"
    Horshim Greeting Card
    Henry and his Dad at the Science Lab. They toured the facility and sold insects. Fun was had by all.

To create custom memories, click on the icon of the photo album on the in game dashboard.
    iztrhkRRj7yvi.png

Sans Generations Instructions for Uploading Images

Step 1: Take screenshot in game using 'C' or the screenshot camera tab.

Step 2: Path varies based on OS:
    For 32 bit OS: Go to My Documents > EA > Sims 3 > Screenshots and drag it to your desktop.
    For 64 bit OS: Go to Libraries > Documents > EA > Sims 3 > Screenshots and drag it to your desktop.

Step 3: Edit it with Photoshop, Gimp, Paint, etc to be "height=250""width=400".

Step 4: Upload it to a photo site (Photobucket, Minus, etc).

Step 5: Open the image, choose the Direct Link and Copy it. Paste the link in your post.
    Note: If you're using Minus, select the Forum Code and Paste it. You're done, skip Step 6 and proceed to Step 7.

For Photo Bucket Users:
    Step 6: Highlight the link and hit the Img button (or wrap it in {img}{/img} substituting the brackets I've used here for the bars).

*Step 7: Post the image in your post and then add a caption underneath explaining what is happening in the picture.

edited December 2013
    Entrants:

acklesgirl5816
    Ashleykaymay
    Blackoutknight13
    BlackZanie
    CaySedaiSim
    ciane
    DangerDanger
    ErnesaT
    goodnighthelena
    illusie
    GrowsinBrooklyn
    Kayzeegrl
    Kementari
    kettlelady
    kkoon
    Meg1626
    MichelleLynn01
    Mommyland
    MMA_Rebel
    MSladyTSO
    NOXXI
    oiswise
    PakaJynx
    Pahpay
    pixiegamer
    Puddinroy
    Rayshizzie
    snowdove58
    tallcoolone
    TEXASKITTYKAT
    VanessaVenner

edited February 2014
    Winners:

1st: Kementari

2nd: BlackZanie

Honorable Mention:

MMA-Rebel

Ciane

illusie

NOXXI

Pahpay

Pakjynx

VannessaVenner

Michellelynn01

Snowdove58

TEXASKITTYKAT

• VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited November 2013
    This looks like a real challenge. And with there being no more badge achievements to be had there is nothing better than a good challenge. Let me get the details and downloads going.

picgifs-baby-3235824.gif
    edited November 2013
    This looks like a real challenge. And with there being no more badge achievements to be had there is nothing better than a good challenge. Let me get the details and downloads going.

Yay! Our first participant:!:

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited November 2013
    Now this seems interesting. I hardly ever and I mean EVER actually play the game. I build and decorate and that's really it. This challenge will push me to actually play the game I have spent countless dollars and hours on lol

Sign me up I'm in! When do we start? I have a somewhat broken game right now but I am fixing it as we speak (hopefully)
    edited November 2013
    Kementari wrote:
    Now this seems interesting. I hardly ever and I mean EVER actually play the game. I build and decorate and that's really it. This challenge will push me to actually play the game I have spent countless dollars and hours on lol

Sign me up I'm in! When do we start? I have a somewhat broken game right now but I am fixing it as we speak (hopefully)

I know exactly what you mean about never playing. lol That's what inspired this contest. :)

I need to talk to Dawn, but I think that we'll give three or four days for people to sign up and choose their dolls and houses, then we can start.

I'll update the OP with the info.

Thanks for signing up!! :mrgreen:
  • NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited November 2013
    I like the idea! But sadly i dont use paint (or its siblings) or photo hosting sites. I like to keep my game as simply compacted into one program as possible :D Good luck to the others though ;)
  • dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited November 2013
    YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY Hiya Lissy sweetie , Looks Great Hun *hugs*

Hiya Noxxi ... As far as I know Hun all you need to play (as far as pictures go ) is EA screenshots) *hugs*

• NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited November 2013
    dawnrob wrote:
    YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY Hiya Lissy sweetie *hugs* we up and running ..

Hiya Noxxi ... As far as I know Hun all you need to play (as far as pictures go ) is EA screenshots) *hugs*

Oh. I kinda presumed the instructions for uploading images bit was mandatory :lol:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2013
    I absolutely love it! What a great idea. I love the story telling aspect through achievements. And everyone loves toddlers, right?

If they were made before the dreaded 1.63 patch, I'll play along. But as I'm still pre-ITF with 1.57, my launcher won't load anything 1.63 related.

I'll still bookmark and watch though!
    edited November 2013
    ciane wrote:
    I absolutely love it! What a great idea. I love the story telling aspect through achievements. And everyone loves toddlers, right?

If they were made before the dreaded 1.63 patch, I'll play along. But as I'm still pre-ITF with 1.57, my launcher won't load anything 1.63 related.

I'll still bookmark and watch though!

HIya Sweetie , as far as I know all the sims were made before the update 1.63 .. yes Im sure they were *hugs* :D
  • AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited November 2013
    NOXXI wrote:
    dawnrob wrote:

Oh. I kinda presumed the instructions for uploading images bit was mandatory :lol:
    I'll have to go with Noxxi on this one, especially since the contest revolves around storytelling and the pictures you provide. While she can probably get around the editing part, as long as she resizes the pics via the forum, she will still need to upload them to a hosting site in order to post them. Unless there is some way around that part. :wink:

Sounds like a really fun contest. Sadly, I doubt I have the time for it though right now, what with the holidays coming upon us. Good luck to everyone. :)
    edited November 2013
    Yep, I just got a successful install note for all, so I'll be playing along. I don't play on-line in-game anymore, so I'll just share the pics all later.

Happy, happy me. I get to see some great picture stories soon. :D
    edited November 2013
    Alitoni wrote:
    NOXXI wrote:
    dawnrob wrote:

I'll have to go with Noxxi on this one, especially since the contest revolves around storytelling and the pictures you provide. While she can probably get around the editing part, as long as she resizes the pics via the forum, she will still need to upload them to a hosting site in order to post them. Unless there is some way around that part. :wink:

Sounds like a really fun contest. Sadly, I doubt I have the time for it though right now, what with the holidays coming upon us. Good luck to everyone. :)

Will Speak to Lissy and She will update on the this ... thanks sweetie *hugs*
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited November 2013
    ciane wrote:
    Yep, I just got a successful install note for all, so I'll be playing along. I don't play on-line in-game anymore, so I'll just share the pics all later.

Happy, happy me. I get to see some great picture stories soon. :D

I'm REALLY REALLY curious as to which sims and house for that matter that you're picking! :)

Hello Dawnrob!
    HiHi Lissykiiiiinnnnnnzzzzz! I'm thinking I will do this, though I don't think I'll produce a winning story/pretty pics it is how I normally play (without cheats, but I usually have 1 parent and 7 kids and the surroundings are too embarrassing to post pics of, someone would call social services on me for SURE! :wink: )

I'm assuming aging is to be on...and story progression ok off? What about changing their traits within the game if we collect enough points?
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

edited November 2013
    For the curious, I chose the household of guys and the place with the pond! :D

I love the cute Victorian with its girly bedroom (and everything Sashraf does), but it is too girl, IMHO for my story with da guys.

I shall do a manly tale! ; }
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited November 2013
    I think this is a great idea! Fun too, if you have the time :wink: *begins to stalk thread*
  • kettleladykettlelady Posts: 303 New Member
    edited November 2013
    What a nice contest! And it really suits my style of playing, most of my sims are just "plain", normal Sims having children and trying to cope with lives :) I'll participate for sure!!!
    edited November 2013
    Hi everyone! I wanted to clarify what's required as far as the images. I'd hate to see people miss out if they want to play! :oops:
    The OP and image sharing instructions have been improved. Basically, if you have Generations then there's no need for uploading images to an outside site.
    I hope this may help change your mind about joining up, NOXXI and Alitoni. :-)

I am so glad this came up early! I knew that I was missing something, but you know how when you look at something so long that you miss bits? That's what happened here. lol Thank you for your help in finding the gaps!! :)
    edited November 2013
    Hello Dawnrob!
    HiHi Lissykiiiiinnnnnnzzzzz! I'm thinking I will do this, though I don't think I'll produce a winning story/pretty pics it is how I normally play (without cheats, but I usually have 1 parent and 7 kids and the surroundings are too embarrassing to post pics of, someone would call social services on me for SURE! :wink: )

I'm assuming aging is to be on...and story progression ok off? What about changing their traits within the game if we collect enough points?

Thanks for the awesome questions!! lol @ social services. Hah!!

To answer....Story progressions is okay off and it's fine to change traits using Lifetime Rewards.

Thank you!! :)
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow, I've never ever seen a contest like this before, so unusual. Love it :) I'll try get time to enter but I'm super busy at the mo so might not make it. I'll keep lurking on this thread though cos it looks really cool.
    edited November 2013
    Yay for lurkers! :D

Due to the holidays, we've decided to extend the timeframe to three weeks instead of two.
    We may bump it to four, so watch the OP. :)
  • MMA_RebelMMA_Rebel Posts: 241 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just want to make sure that
    a - aging can be played from anything from short to epic
    b - story progression doesn't matter if on or off
    c - can change traits only in game and not in CAS prior to moving household into home
    d - do we have to write a story?
    e - do we add a short summary along with the photo to describe what's happening in the photo or can we simply use what's written in the memory box?
    f - when are we allowed to begin?