Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Update 11] Chronicles of Ridiculon McSteelman: The Time-travelling Fairy [Images reuploaded]

DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
My first story thread! A few people have requested this specific one, namely PixieStix back around University Life's launch. I never got around to it, mainly because I had so many projects, and so little pictures to tell a story with. This sim is my main sim that I play the most, and the one I'm most fond of. I even entered him in the Best Fairy contest recently, but he didn't come close to winning. Naturally, the pictures will start off sparse and bland. I had 1500+ screenshots in my folder, and his first picture is around the 40-50 mark, so it should give an idea how long I've been playing him and how I've improved over time, so bear with me please

Ridiculon McSteelman: An Introduction

A long time ago, I was messing around in Appaloosa Plains with the Loveland family (which later spawned a separate story that I'll post some other time, when I got robbed by an NPC burglar. In an effort to save my stuff that I had JUST BOUGHT I shift-clicked him and added him to the family. Some romance and woohoo later, I couldn't stop laughing at the burglar's underwear as it was black and white striped like a stereotypical burglar outfit. Then I noticed his favourites: Sushi, Classical and Black, all black and white too. His swimwear as similarly themed. I got a crazy idea and then rebuilt him as the most crazily ridiculous burglar known to man, hence his name. Black and white is his theme, and early on, stripes were too.

MUzZdhN.jpg
His infamous face that I catch him doing whenever I find him around town as an inactive.
Traits: Proper, Kleptomaniac, Over-Emotional, Daredevil, Night Owl, Rebellious (Social), Adventurous (Graduation)

He has four children, Gardenia, a plantsim girl he grew from a forbidden fruit seed, Jean-Claude, the son of Margot Petit from France, Jamil, the son of Tahiya Shalut from Egypt, and Xiabo, the son of Sun Young Kim from China. I was experimenting with how children are created in the vacation destinations and the effects of the hidden culture traits and the boys were just kind of...there..in his family tree until much later. They come along for the ride when he seperates from the Lovelands and leaves town for Midnight Hollow. I liked him so much I came up with a new plot for him: He would be present in all of my worlds, in some form or another. Midnight Hollow is his "base" world, where he lives proper with his kids, and he travels through time from that point to all points of time, with a different role in each world. Random background character in one, side character in another, crucial role in he next, etc

lZyHv6h.jpg
My earliest picture of him is a rather bad picture of him getting torched by Margot. He also still has terrible original design which had a pirate hat to add to his silliness level. I got rid of that real fast because I took a liking to his everyday outfit which had no such hat.

OLTELo2.jpg
One time he left on vacation just after his housemate Gracie Loveland woohooed with this sim in an igloo at the fishing hole. She froze, fell over and was still frozen there when I got back (Yes, we know time stops, but still, its pretty funny. She also would not die despite standing there afterwards for 5 days without eating or sleeping, in the middle of raging blizzard.)

irLFUAs.jpg
My first time seeing Jean-Claude and he's living like a king.

x2MCkA9.jpg
Xiabo was probably the only one with a partially good upbringing; he inherited the fairy occult status, lived in a house with his mother, uncle and aunt, and actually had a crib in the house for his baby and toddler years. Jamil apparantly slept with his mother the whole time, while Jean-Claude had his own isolated little sleepout where he was likely forgotten :D Got to love houses that never adapt to their occupants.

qkK1fhL.jpg
University Life came in the mail on launch day and Ridiculon and Gracie got to be the first sims to go there. The mascot is terrifying to this day

zWSEXxG.jpg
I WILL EAT YOUR HEART

WzGlerd.jpg
I was really pleased with how sloppy the dormies are. Makes a uni life in the dorms a chaotic change of pace from your perfectly clean fully upgraded house with the best items. Its also HIGHLY realistic

I never got the bug where the room-mates never ate, slept, showered or used the toilet, they acted very much like real students. Poor planning, overworked schedules, too much to do, not enough time :D

pF5u0NB.jpg
Seeing this was a real treat the first few times. I still crack up at the sleeping sims..unless its my own, then I swear murder and terrible vengeance and a possible drag of the bladder need to zero.

mCAT670.jpg
Nothing like doing a keg stand with your professor. I really dont understand the whole keg stand thing, its some aspect of american uni culture thats lost to my country

2e1sYIv.jpg
Oh the things you see when people use their backpack everywhere. I really wish children and teens would use these going to school and back while this expansion is installed.

tF4cu2O.jpg
Someone abandoned their skeleton :/

32HmMSq.jpg
Back to Ridiculon! He got ambushed by this girl outside a class building. Likely his five-star celebrity status at work. "HEY HEY I KNOW GRACIE CAN I BE YOUR FRIEND!???"
Also, sorry hes been absent so much, but im posting all his pictures in order, lets get this forgotten story SEEN

uXRoNgE.jpg
He took to the Rebel group pretty much right away. While he might be studying to be a better criminal via the Business degree, hes a big fan of herbs, being a fairy thats GOTTA PLANT EM ALL. Besides, as a master thief, he wouldnt pass up a chance to protest the police. When he earned his social trait there was only one viable option: Rebellious

5tAdIgb.jpg
Hes open to the other groups too; who wouldnt want to pull the Lever of Doom?

H9mCEMH.jpg
I have learned that his name is truly fitting; I'll always zoom in on him and find him doing something ridiculous. Here he is having a virtual adventure in the herb garden he planted at the dorm, in his underwear.

t5BJAih.jpg
He also totally invited the Grim Reaper to his graduation. Amusingly, two guys died there from too much sunlight. They felt the need to play with their skeletons behind the gym all day in the blistering sun, and paid the price. Grim ignored them completely!

MlL1v6O.jpg
Gracie gene-spliced a seed and created a forbidden fruit seed, but had no interest in it. Ridiculon planted it and Bloomed it up to see what would come out of the mysterious seed.

KCTH2L2.jpg
"What the?"

32xGnh5.jpg
"Its a living plant person..baby..thing!"

TglrorO.jpg
"Ive always treated my plants like my children, but this is something else entirely! I'll name you..Gardenia! Gardenia McSteelman!"

UbRUAkb.jpg
VXrwy8l.jpg
The gene-splicing experiment has intrigued him into learning science. He knows every skill in the game expect Gambling and Dancing at the current moment in time, he's gonna see and do everything there is for a sim to do, being an omnipresent immortal time traveller and all.

SFHzO4r.jpg
One of his many burglar themed items in play. He particularly enjoys busting this out on the police station grounds.

He felt it was not wise to remain in that household with Gracie now that he had a child to look after and raise (One that wasnt living with its mother in a foreign country that is!) Gracie was experimenting with cloning and had already cloned herself to produce Gracy, a clone that would take the career path she didnt take and also had none of her inhibitions (If youve ever seen the Loveland household, youll know what I mean ;D), who then cloned herself too to produce Grace! (This household still lives on as the "Inverse Personality Experiment" and will have its own thread in time)

WKvPinf.jpg
He left Gracy a parting gift

40fU3ma.jpg
lnpaAFR.jpg
As he was moved in to this house, I realised it was the house of some premades that was oddly empty. Story Progression had utterly ruined this save by now, entire families were gone, half the pets were gone, families had random members arbitrarily deleted, you name it. The town went full-corrupt in time, but not before Ridiculon and his kids were exported, thankfully

LACLHrG.jpg
11oUDio.jpg
Gardenia looks pretty cute after being CASed and dressed properly.

5QGx1x0.jpg
Ridiculon and his many faces of hilarity.

sGPx9da.jpg
UfPRNkz.jpg
While playing Gracie, Gracy and Grace (confusing much?), I would constantly find him making this face wherever he was in town

Thats all of the "old" pictures accounted for that aren't part of "The Inverse Personality Experiment"

Hope anyone reading this enjoyed his dated pictures and background and will come back for the rest of his pictures and his future exploits..both literal and figurative

Next update: Midnight Hollow, pre-ITF
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
Post edited by Devalaous on

Comments

• DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited August 2014
    Midnight Hollow, home of Ridiculon

When I heard about Midnight Hollow, the dark gloomy world where everything is dark or pale, I knew it was THE place for Ridiculon. I went back to the world he was created in, which was falling apart by now, and risked everything to travel to the three vacation destinations again and collect his other children. In the process I had to clear out his glitching inventory, including to my surprise, so many festival tickets that selling them MAXED OUT THE MONEY COUNTER. Well, look likes he can get whatever he wants at any point of time now.

I moved him into the empty house next to Olive Spectre, which over time received extensive upgrades. One of the first was getting a celebrity gate installed in that giant wall

s3jXHtp.jpg
    The place came with a mini playground outside the wall, which I have expanded with Generations content recoloured to fit the rest. First time you see Jamil in any of my shots too.

acxbWJk.jpg
    The sandpit stands out quite a bit. Its like their in a bubble that blocks the colourdraining of MH.

MzP6V4s.jpg
    Simagon Alley at night on a snowy day.

JfU0ut2.jpg
    Well uh, this is interesting.

W5GRpDw.jpg
    If your going to make an evil snowman, best time to do it is when the snow looks bloody..

iQF3gsC.jpg
    Ridiculon upgrades his TV by repeatedly stabbing his screwdriver THROUGH THE SCREEN. What on earth!?

AKqs2rN.jpg
    I downloaded some lots from the sharing thread, and this arcade will have to go, its not really textured for MH in any way or form. No offence to its maker, but MH stuff really does need to be made "in world".

Side note: I met up with the other family I placed in Midnight Hollow, who will one day have their own thread. Some of them were entered into the Best Occult competitions recently.

pfiCJLj.jpg
    Found Zommy and his IF-turned-real, Peanut, having an argument. BFFs? Yeah right...

TjKwZ1j.jpg
    "Oh come on ghost lady, were trying to bowl!"

g1hJeFS.jpg
    Ridiculon challenges her to some juice pong. He wins of course :p

FOKlHMq.jpg
    Family bonding through bowling.

sFNUjQY.jpg
    Fastforwarding a little, I return to Egypt to get some cherries, the one WA harvestable I was missing, and to reconnect Tahiya Shalut to the family tree via Master Controller. Jamil is wandering the market in his formal wear after having a tea party with his mummifed bear

5HmcV8T.jpg
    Three kings sitting around the oval table discussing diplomacy

pZjdOTh.jpg
    Scratch that; Three kings, a queen and a lowly manservant.

FUzg6R7.jpg
    "Oh come on dad, why aren't you helping?" "I am not your 'manservant', Jean-Claude"

U3jRx7O.jpg
    Ridiculon is snorkelling in the egyptian river.

Sc6thdv.jpg
    Ridiculon is having paparazzi troubles in his vacation home, so some anti-paparazzi measures were taken.

g3XVkp1.jpg
    Well, uh, thats one way to "reconnect" with Tahiya..

1CILZYa.jpg
    I gave his kids max visa levels in their town of origin...afterall, they were born there! The special merchant rewards are mostly dull, but I do like this supertent. EVERYONE fits inside!

k1xdEMd.jpg
    "Those annoying paparazzi will never find me now! HAHA!"

DS7phQp.jpg
    "BLAST! how did this even HAPPEN?"

5v6E52G.jpg
    It never ceases to amaze me how far paparazzi will go to get their pictures. This one went a bought a sailboat to follow him in his snorkelling adventures. I wonder, do they follow in tombs? One followed me into ITF's crashed ship, so I assume so.

xRfqtxk.jpg
    Back home I learned that plantsims can indeed wet themselves if terrified sufficiently. Its nasty, their water need drops to zero. That must be really uncomfortable. I wish there was actually a point to that water need though, its just a renamed hygiene bar with a different set of moodlets. Should have been a combined Dehydration death shared with mermaids.

DqpV9NI.jpg
    One of my favourite Midnight Hollow objects is this painting. I cant help but see it as a stylised Namine from the Kingdom Hearts series

JlKu98p.jpg
    Gardenia harasses Ridiculon while he sleeps..

c242kha.jpg
    I don't know how he manages to sleep through this.

Next up: Time Traveller meets Emit Relevart

edited August 2014
    Adventures in Time

Later that week, Ridiculon experienced something he'd never seen before: A time traveller aside from himself!

ShT7X3Z.jpg
    A much cleaner design than he was used to, and seemingly much more stable

Kn42ze8.jpg
    "Emit Relevart at your service, fellow ti..do I hear an ice cream truck? I'll be with you in a minute"

OSLITOh.jpg
    "I am amazed you have done so much without one of these; this is the Almanac of Time, and it is essential for time travellers."

pdNem87.jpg
    The portal is repaired and Emit returns to the future, knowing Ridiculon cant resist seeing an as yet unseen piece of history

MDgGp8b.jpg
    The team really worked hard to make your first view of Oasis Landing memorable. I love it, even in Dystopia.

TlTQ01c.jpg
    Xiaobo (which is how his name is really spelt, curse you chinese names! I might just rename him to how ive been spelling it all this time) is still tired and goes straight to bed. Way to ruin the fun!

B4BDfv0.jpg
    "Your son with the wings doesn't seem interested in the future. Anyway, take this jetpack and give future travel a try!"

JVDG9Vr.jpg
    Oh, you show-off

gGIaUvN.jpg
    "A jetpack? While it is probably great fun for everyone else, I can fly just fine without it, see?" I really wish they let fairies fly without jetpacks, huge missed opportunity

qyBTQe0.jpg
    "Please, just humour me, you need to learn the intricacies of technology here" I really love this chess table btw

6oIWKQV.jpg
    Another typical Ridiculon face

f2zs4Kc.jpg
    Emit failed to mention that the device could fail

lup6IEd.jpg
    "I KNEW I should have just used my wings!"

2q4E4Yd.jpg
    "That could have killed me, especially if I landed on the platform!"

zAGSAWC.jpg
    Xiabo is very pleased with the view from his bed, now that hes woken up

2cjWT71.jpg
    Ridiculon goes to sleep off the aches of his landing. His ears have glitched and gone huge. This happened again recently, I don't know why it does this.

xn0NWEb.jpg
    Surprised this is allowed, normally sharing beds are off-limits for all but YAs and up. Dream sharing!

h7FhQv4.jpg
    "I have a rocket!" "I hate your rocket, why dont I get one? Stupid science"

h7FhQv4.jpg
    The first Plumbot appears.

L4xEqoE.jpg
    Sonic showers? Uh, okay. Gardenia cant use them at all, but at least Jean-Claude has a way to clean himself without crying about it afterwards

lo7zIzn.jpg
    Speaking of Jean-Claude, hes found some new ball-like device and is prodding it

b1y0oB9.jpg
    "Oh wow, its a floating computer!"

k06Qx5n.jpg
    "Haptic holographic displays...ahh, its just like Mass Effect"

XJfEW9N.jpg
    "I can barely see this TV! Who placed it in front of glass!?"

tsAJ3Az.jpg
    Fortunately people still have water-based cleaning in the future. Plantsims and Mermaids would die without them! (Okay, plantsims dont die from lack of water ingame, but they probably would normally)

uyeqRfR.jpg
    Trust Ridiculon to give a formal greeting to a non-sentient plumbot.

H7ilgLF.jpg
    It just responds the usual way though..despite the fact I see them regularly bowing

3n0BXJf.jpg
    Ridiculon is trying out all the new items, and this was one he wished he didnt. He ordered plumbot oil by mistake :D

8o43IVP.jpg
    Xiabo has found a new type of easel to use; holographic!

HJmGKtz.jpg
    These things are kind of cool. Shame that girl is like the only decent looking future sim there is, Emit excluded

1JnznXa.jpg
    Emit decided to give Ridiculon a hoverboard to speed up his learning of advanced technology. I love these things so much, slower sims like mummies get the most use out of them though. Never again will I see a mummy shambling to work only to get to work when work hours are just about over

JHWCeuQ.jpg
    Off to the wasteland for a task for Emit. Now THIS is cool.

0wwNY6m.jpg
    Rummaging through trash just like in the vacation destinations, only this time, hes collecting about 6 "mysterious fragment 4"s

oyE97ul.jpg
    If theres anything that gets a fairy's attention, its a new harvestable

V1MKkdk.jpg
    Jamil and Gardenia are having great fun back at Emit's house. They discovered the game function of the TV

SSL4kcc.jpg
    Although I have no idea how they managed to see anything

odjQqfx.jpg
    That controller looks nasty

81mOCgc.jpg
    Ridiculon's excitement over the new plant is ruined by this graceful dismount from the hoverboard

DO3sEfO.jpg
    He finds that the plant absorbs his rage somehow. Fascinating..

T2XbjlK.jpg
    Of all the times to find your parasol broken, while in the scorching wasteland.

6fbSdmR.jpg
    Thats enough wasteland adventures for now. To Emit!

Next up: Future Adventures Part 2

• TasuraTasura Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    As I've recently stated on Facebook, I look at all your TS3 adventures, and they all amuse me, then make me realize how not creative I am xD. Regardless, even if no one else seems to read em, I will, so keep up the good work dude. :thumbup:
    edited November 2013
    Two or so more updates and it'll be new content for you. I updated the original album with Gethulon stuff, but haven't uploaded anything else from his stuff. Hes currently in China :p

edited August 2014
    Future Adventures Continued

p8gw2zN.jpg
    AS Ridiculon travels home, he notices that people are finally paying attention to the environment. A little too late if the dried up ocean is anything to go by

HnF6YTs.jpg
    "Oh I have got to get me a hovercar"

hlgkX4n.jpg
    I was amazed to see him hover down the stairs. Even more so that he didnt crash.

EzruXnI.jpg
    But then he goes and crashes over here anyway

uUGpghY.jpg
    Lets go report to Emit

hgyQw9E.jpg
    Fabulous exit.

QmcxCfH.jpg
    It was a long night out there, Ridiculon is quite tired

QIcA9DZ.jpg
    Tired enough he complains about not being able to get to Emit because Emit is in the way. Sims *sigh*

Ef0EbwV.jpg
    Apparently neither of them got any sleep.

8gFHcfT.jpg
    His last quest out of the way at last, now its just assisting with research. "Go greet a descendant" Sorry Emit, nobody has any :[

gjx4kKN.jpg
    Meanwhile these two are playing with old tech in a future setting. Looks weird.

kxpmaBI.jpg
    Pong still exists on the future, albeit lightly modified

ofTHbJZ.jpg
    Even the kids are falling out of the elevators.

5HCdauZ.jpg
    No matter the time period, theres always room for a dance to classical music

mqr1wdU.jpg
    Awesome, you can hover UP stairs too. And kids can do it too!

7FhdICd.jpg
    Gardenia still leaves flower trails while hoverboarding, but their much more spread out.

ap0Vleu.jpg
    Great, virtual pets are still around

RHHThpI.jpg
    In the future, zombies are still around, and they do not discriminate between humans and robots

orOZIzU.jpg
    I like these holographic displays.

Huo4EOH.jpg
    Paper books are gone in the future, everything is holographic now.

8X67Rfk.jpg
    No Jamil, that is not a giant magic 8 ball

KLPNUDL.jpg
    I love the reactions when people use these for the first time.

K6MPA27.jpg
    Oh come on, you cant get to the computer because the desk in the way?

ASM2gnH.jpg
    Got to love the way you can sit down, gesture, and have your favourite meals delivered. And they never ever spoil either!

C4Kp9wV.jpg
    After all this time, I finally see some native future sims...and oh god they are ugly!

p5XksZk.jpg
    Luke Skywalker parody :D

lJKXOTN.jpg
    I really like this building.

M0c5e1x.jpg
    Jamil has gotten himself suntanned while swimming.

hty9Iuq.jpg
    Xiaobo too

DFD5uML.jpg
    Oh Jean-Claude, you could have put your clothes back on before doing that :D

8bWtKln.jpg
    Last entry today features horrible hair

Next update: The strange paparazzi

edited August 2014
    The odd paparazzi and the sealed crash site door

While I generally intended an update a day, regardless of whether anyone even reads this thread or not, sometimes you too busy to do so.

uu95yn1.jpg
    Xiaobo and the other kids brought home a paparazzi. I guess they still annoy the hell out of people in the future too. One day they will be purged from the earth, ONE DAY.

4UTrlFK.jpg
    This one however, isnt too bad. Shes not that bad to look at, lack of clothing not being counted. She has a strange obsession with Jamil and refuses to put her clothes back on.

jhjxkQm.jpg
    She just stands there in his room, writing reports while he sleeps O_o

wc5uQbK.jpg
    And is apparently having weird fantasies in the process.

bRRR6IT.jpg
    His thoughts tell us what he thinks of this whole situation. I think Jamil becomes some super-awesome ultimately-manly legendary celebrity, because that would certainly explain her reaction to a minor celebrity thats looooong dead in her timeline. (Unless he gets immortality like Ridiculon)

gUFsASi.jpg
    FINALLY, she puts some clothes on and leaves poor Jamil alone. You'll love that kind of attention one day, kid, trust me.

On6kgKs.jpg
    Then she realises the biggest prize has arrived, Ridiculon himself. Love hearts even sparkle. I may make her the future love interest, since its almost tradition by now for him to have one strictly one lover in each world and timeline.

PwnB0UP.jpg
    I catch these two ordering bizarre foods. Too bad you cant make them normally!

7wUDoml.jpg
    Hackysack never goes out of fashion, no matter what timeline your in. Just a quick visit to the Bot Emporium.

g9rpc2o.jpg
    I dread to think what kind of robot shes looking for.

nhLsZmb.jpg
    Chubby robots :D

M0RmtTh.jpg
    Somethings not right about this attendant..

ExARPUd.jpg
    In the mall I see this odd fellow. He looks like hes part plantsim. I'll have to use this look when I eventually make a full plantsim family for Moonlight Falls.

zIgfqVz.jpg
    Awww yeah, I gotta get him one of those.

xuGzSWQ.jpg
    Now the game has TWO electric guitars! Well done Store team, you can be highly incompetent at times. (And don't use the excuse that its not in the base game, anything included in a Stuff Pack is coded into the base game or coded into it right after)

I really wish their were future version of the other instruments, but EA people in suits are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and don't realise that selling EP specific sets would actually make money, as proven by you know, the pet section.

H1BdtyO.jpg
    The clothing section is a little creepy. The figures are actual sims that move. Technically speaking.

9W3IDL5.jpg
    Sadly no, that is not an awesome helmet.

neogNI1.jpg
    Instead it is a new instrument, which sadly isnt something dreamed up by the ITF team. Its based on something that actually does exist..

Xcxhcv3.jpg
    At level 1 it makes quite the haunting melody. Level 2 onwards...unpleasant.

nfBHZBR.jpg
    "Is learning a new instrument really that news worthy?"

zIEOIOw.jpg
    Uhhhh....

0jzlZnL.jpg
    SWEEEET, A GIANT CANNON TO FEND OFF ZOMBIES AND PAPARAZZI. Oh, its a hoverbike. ****.

rPOAxpJ.jpg
    Gardenia is ignoring everyone else in the mall and reading outside.

iy7wviT.jpg
    Xiaobo is busted trying to prank the bathroom.

gzKghDb.jpg
    Try and futurise it all you want, thats still a dirty old pickup truck

E1xPrUD.jpg
    It annoys me how people just walk up and imitate whatever these display. Sheep mentality much?

hRn5zfU.jpg
    Jean-Claude gets futurised, and looks like a complete pansy in the process. But this IS Jean-Claude afterall.

8xvlkaP.jpg
    Since theres no future outerwear, I improvised by recolouring the spacesuit from Generations

FXiafBW.jpg
    Best waiter ever

FXiafBW.jpg
    Gardenia kind of likes this one, it'll be perfect with a few edits.

PsSuCdd.jpg
    The Ridiculon of the future

033QbPZ.jpg
    I wish the coding for owning beds wasnt broken/ignored for Dream Pods. Emit just climbed into Ridiculon's one!

i9fOyaP.jpg
    "I am so unlucky.."

IRyikp0.jpg
    Shower failure :D

JI4LaV8.jpg
    Hoverbike epic failure!

bwdGJwV.jpg
    Xiaobo dodges the flamethrower attack of a fembot assassin. Or at least thats how he'll imagine it.

NOQwT6a.jpg
    "Take all the pictures you want, beautiful" He loves attention from the ladies.

WxF6m6S.jpg
    FgpepRS.jpg
    nODrx6i.jpg
    Bv7kWyz.jpg
    Futurama!

ndxCVJa.jpg
    She sure gets around fast. Its like shes taking photos of everyone all at once

8EDORXI.jpg
    The new death by falling ghost. Reminds me of pizza.

hD5vyMt.jpg
    Time Anomaly looks rubbish in CAS, but is pretty cool outside of it.

SnCGjdZ.jpg
    Ghosts whipping out hoverboards?

fqpc6Dw.jpg
    Zombie bears still exist in the future, with all of their usual power

VgrcTLm.jpg
    Singed Gardenia looks hilarious :D

ggmBqGj.jpg
    Back at Emit's house, Ridiculon is furious, Xiaobo will NOT leave the bathroom!

kurYrrK.jpg
    Shes still around and has her camera upside down taking pictures of the wall.

pm1dmlB.jpg
    Ridiculon writes her a lover letter while she gets star-struck.

j9SFh4I.jpg
    Now that thats done, its time to get the rest of the key fragments.

L8klgPt.jpg
    Lightning strikes! First time that's ever happened legitimately.

rD3D2sz.jpg
    "How the hell did that happen!?"

3KCgXHB.jpg
    Magical canned shower to the rescue! Heals burns, shocked organs, urine soaked pants and sweaty armpits/*******. Why cant these exist in real life? You dont even remain wet afterwards!

KNvUWDW.jpg
    Nanites are always worth stopping for.

wvNq9YS.jpg
    With assembled key in hand, he heads to the crash site...

yEU4tqB.jpg
    ...and ruins the dramatic event by falling off his board

UvmoBBU.jpg
    "Insert like this, and twist.."

EmMN4vX.jpg
    EsaPLT3.jpg
    *DRAMATIC EPIC MUSIC*

oKSoi6s.jpg
    Into the depths!

4p5ekKj.jpg
    Look who I found in here!

bTp0U4b.jpg
    Hey, dont blame me, blame Ridiculon's Skivvies powers. Now get out of here.

BBlTYWd.jpg
    *foreboding silence*

Next update: Gethulon

edited August 2014
    Gethulon, the underground techbase, and Champs Les Sims
    Huge update, containing all of the remaining pictures currently uploaded

papJqSA.jpg
    After his spaceship adventure, Ridiculon rests up and then returns to the mall the next day. Hes thinking of heading back soon, with a bunch of gear in tow.

ZBOGhhi.jpg
    "I definitely wont be impressing any girls with this. I'll pass on a hovercar for now."

ZjKcsvu.jpg
    Creepy eating face

kufOXmU.jpg
    "Xiaobo...you were practicing your Hot Head prank again, weren't you?"

oEDH9IZ.jpg
    Gardenia's no longer falling off this thing. That skill levels pretty fast when you hoverboard everywhere in the future.

Mall furniture purchases complete (I prefer it this way, buying stuff in the past via regular means is silly. Its also more expensive!) Its time to head to the bot shop. Gotta bring home a plumbot.

ECKVpXx.jpg
    Okay thats it, I will get to the bottom of this

wNX2N0P.jpg
    Skivvies power ACTIVATE.

k0W6fjD.jpg
    Look at that, it was a human afterall. The game assigned a townie to the role and gave them a plumbot outfit :/

vH1vmJu.jpg
    Time to get to work on the Bot Building skill. Love the interfaces

SF9H7xc.jpg
    CRITICAL ERROR!

gO0tpBF.jpg
    Ridiculon must destroy this nanite hes had since his first day in order to learn how to create many of them.

AZgaQB4.jpg
    It was for a good cause, Ridiculon.

WXZOlGj.jpg
    Now, into the plumbot making interface! Now this default model wont do at all

J5P3nx8.jpg
    Oh my, a head that looks like a Geth. Design = set

oHvHVxn.jpg
    "Awaken, creation of metal!"

Z9xZDZ7.jpg
    "You will be a great asset to the family"

ao2pdY3.jpg
    "I name you, Gethulon"

I entered him in the plumbot competition, but he didn't get a single vote :[

4BhAGm4.jpg
    Gethulon ponders its new existence. Nice advertising there EA :p

K1FQ6uw.jpg
    Your Designation is Gethulon, and your purpose is to assist me and my children"

VVaA2ks.jpg
    While he has no trait chips yet, he still seems to have character. Thus he is more like the Geth than I expected.

VofeffJ.jpg
    The battery icon is great, you can tell at a glance how full the battery power motive is

JRMKLMG.jpg
    I love how reflective his black chrome plating is.

AGqFG4S.jpg
    Time to upgrade his trait chip slots and give him a chip or two...

fRd7PGU.jpg
    ..then tune him up to get a boost in quality

6CBtrgv.jpg
    He went from level zero to level 5 real fast in here. I made a level 2 plumbot and it left at level 4

IBDECJU.jpg
    I really don't get this.

BD88his.jpg
    "So this is what I look like.."

iR3MYcz.jpg
    CHARGGED PAAARTICLEE BEEEEAAAAAAAAAMMM! Sorry, no, its just power syphoning

mJuM96U.jpg
    Two other plumbots having conversations

qXcZ8bs.jpg
    Hah, robots catching taxis

RJ5A2q6.jpg
    "Why do you make me do this?"

rxwR83i.jpg
    He looks rather annoyed by something

fGPBZNE.jpg
    Ah, he doesnt like the look of Electro Bolt.

M3GLRdu.jpg
    The paparazzi girl is back, and is unclothed again.

uUi133I.jpg
    Gethulon seems to be pleased by what he saw before she remembered her clothes

3GyTHXK.jpg
    And saddened by her new look :D

JLnZyEh.jpg
    "If only I was more human.."

gykavYX.jpg
    "Hey, dont look at me, Jamil was like that when I came in here!"

WhWvQJp.jpg
    The water resistance test. Finally, a robot that can get wet!

CEaZJH3.jpg
    As he prepares to go home, Ridiculon checks out the mall one last time, and one lucky person gets a photo of a celebrity from a long lost time.

bmeZ7BX.jpg
    Back home in Midnight Hollow, Gethulon is fitting right in. Sort of. Just dont let him outside to scare the residents. He also needs a a place to charge..

tyzgYxc.jpg
    All this new tech that was brought home and nowhere to put it. Lets make this house more of a place fitting a time-fairy. Add a room to the outer wall, with a mysterious door that only unlocks for the family, with tube elevators going down into the basement..first things first, dream pod, and charging station. Not to mention the stasis chamber!

tCcczvq.jpg
    Gethulon glitched up really bad. In the homeworld, to this day he cannot intereact with anyone or himself. All his trait chips were deleted too and his inventory broke. I put him in stasis for a while as he was now a waste of space

QDvUkBD.jpg
    Awesome

XfddZ3D.jpg
    I'll keep you in there till I can figure out how to fix you. In theory anyway, the stasis wears off on its own! Poor decision EA.

wzEKJiJ.jpg
    I love the quantum power suit btw. Mass Effect!

h6sR7F1.jpg
    As the underground techbase builds up and gets textured, Ridiculon dreams away.

Xyxr4XN.jpg
    Thats much better, now I can see the TV!

30G1aJD.jpg
    Group exercise session

R7V5rJU.jpg
    The best way to recolour: Set every segment to some wild bright colour, so you see exactly what each part does

e227KPA.jpg
    Whoops, lost a child to stasis ;]

lsOhMuV.jpg
    "That was terrifying, but oh wow do I feel refreshed!"

NXIMqdh.jpg
    On the other side of the room however, Gethulon has had a forced shutdown. I wish I could power him down manually, but that too is broken

kSrmsn7.jpg
    Ha, he has no limitless learning chip, but he can still manage the bar.

cvEXkZU.jpg
    The look of this underground techbase is coming along nicely. You wouldnt imagine this being under a gothic mansion.

USjSRpH.jpg
    Gotta have the new plant in the garden.

Qi8LMrt.jpg
    Miniature chocolate gnomes for dessert!

3RS3pJA.jpg
    They fall over with a half-eaten head :D

mSEkRUF.jpg
    And leave angry face crumbs behind

zUZt7Eq.jpg
    Looks edible. I think.

CPxyOWK.jpg
    Gardenia isn't afraid to use future tech around the present day people.

C3dKIwR.jpg
    Windsurfing it up in shark infested waters.

D6LHcF7.jpg
    This are NEVER loads for me, I customised the pub and cant see my changes :/

1WCAiwC.jpg
    Plantsims always have an exception to the no eating thing when chocolate is involved

RhkjMYJ.jpg
    Xiaobo and his chopsticks

tD2ax6B.jpg
    I wonder what thats made out of?

wUjTk0w.jpg
    Off to France to reconnect Jean-Claude and Margot. Travelling restored Gethulon's interactions, but messed up his face and voice

gPEDAAe.jpg
    Xiaobo demands his attention once more

bjZfwmi.jpg
    This is why I love Island Paradise, you get to actually explore the rivers in these old worlds and see new things

OP6MNtl.jpg
    What the? Plantsim guy from the future is here as a tourist. EMIIIIT!

Vvg8Ihk.jpg
    Gethulon's jetpack is awesome, looks like its a part of him.

y1CqpQa.jpg
    Hovermode Engaged!

4sE3m4E.jpg
    A different kind of hover mode.

X0VzH2Y.jpg
    And another kind.

ybbBnSI.jpg
    Ridiculon and Margot get reacquainted in the store's display tent. I hope noone is buying it later on..

MbnoZTx.jpg
    Mood lamps demonstrating the plantsim leaf overlay

0nNj5vh.jpg
    Xiaobo has had too much countryside.

EgMAIIQ.jpg
    French zombie bears!

Wy9VjAx.jpg
    I dont know how a fire started, but its a good thing the vacation worlds generate service NPCs for you if you need them.

vM2ldOB.jpg
    Snow in France. I love Traveller.

MrhZeUN.jpg
    Back home, a pool is built in the base. This was the prototype design. I forgot to take a picture of its final design until much much later. I wanted a walkway over he pool, but thats not happening underground.

Ps6xF6I.jpg
    Hard at work on the nectar making, this will be Jean-Claude's future passion.

UsAT5lX.jpg
    "Anyone up for some pure Banana nectar? No? Oh well"

iHize4o.jpg
    And with that, it was off to China. I put a lot more effort into China than the other vacation worlds, so expect there to be a LOT of content there

Next update: Shang Simla

edited August 2014
    Shang Simla and the Jetpack Dance

Well, its been a long time. I stopped updating due to a combination of things; photobucket outlived its usefulness when it started throwing bandwidth complaints at me, then fully crapped out during the middle of my beta-testing job. Also wasnt sure if anyone was even reading it.

Anyway, by request of some users, heres one part of the Shang Simla visit.

hJ8V1RS.jpg
    Ridiculon waste no time buying a vacation home and napping off the jetlag.

mCKxHid.jpg
    These two are pretty close as you'd expect.

h9C1lPt.jpg
    Gethulon is annoyed at something.

Hgvcw6W.jpg
    Uhhhh, yeah...this is what happens when a kid sings a romance song. You'd think it'd use the kid animation that already exists. Lazy EA.

GDPHlBu.jpg
    Scenery abounds. Great use of the kite from MH Gold.

pnco5nP.jpg
    Ridiculon was close to mastering his martial arts, so I figured I'd send him to the academy to get it out of the way..level progression anyway. Skill challenges for martial arts are so amazing time consuming I dont think anyone can complete them all on a normal lifespan with again on. Without abusing travel and uni anyway.

FrbU43E.jpg
    Success!

1WVCjuo.jpg
    Aliens are about...

OMEsweh.jpg
    Always get some computer time in.

PdZjU0z.jpg
    At least until the game pushes him to whip this out. No! This is the martial arts academy! Get back out there.

uCueQFg.jpg
    Sneaking past Xiaobo :p

MHLQqTI.jpg
    So sinister

nIrHobK.jpg
    ....and then he goes zooming around on the jetpack. So much for stealth!

756NycM.jpg
    Another Ridiculon Face for the collection.

rHEqXeU.jpg
    "Dont mind me!"

8lwPTLv.jpg
    x9fsF8Y.jpg
    uoaRFQr.jpg

sMuDD3S.jpg
    This thing is pretty amusing when it doesnt fail.

M8dgJgh.jpg
    Gethulon bonding with the kids back home.

HQwzppQ.jpg
    Due to the rainfall during his flight, hes now quite soaked, and quite cold.

VGqSTKG.jpg
    Also quite hungry. Wait..isnt that a...

Y2rexy1.jpg
    ...plasma fruit? He doesnt look too pleased. Good thing hes immune to nausea.

HDZx8Qf.jpg
    Back to the academy. No more slacking! Okay maybe a bit more.

Kq6Fyap.jpg
    Oh my. A failed conversation, yet her heart says yes. Ridiculon has always been an extreme ladies man, but he has a rule of one girl per world. Will he break it for her?

gA9aLvG.jpg
    Heckling, ha

LacGPrq.jpg
    Oh my. Now hes taking her for a jetpack ride!

LUGxR3O.jpg
    A jetpack DANCE actually. Oh wow.

N5jsgx7.jpg
    cUDgdFg.jpg
    sI91RFO.jpg
    oSJ98Ii.jpg
    ffcWfVt.jpg
    JuAhTND.jpg
    This is seriously amazing

C52MNHP.jpg
    This not so much.

iQxk35n.jpg
    "Wow, that was..indescribable. Unforgettable!"

itNQhBk.jpg
    BsWu9lv.jpg
    Your choice Ridiculon. Where does this go?

UPr8JEU.jpg
    He needed to cool down and refresh himself. Good idea.

x0DHMOW.jpg
    Something to remember him by.

LGfcz01.jpg
    Too bad the image doesn't actually appear on the phone.

stGZyBJ.jpg
    He gives her a copy of the photo. Now she'll be able to look back when shes old and remember the aerial dance with the mystery man. To Ridiculon shes just another encounter in the sea of time, but he might have been the most notable thing in her entire life.

rSksPmw.jpg
    Now its time for a sparring match. Whoah, intense from the get-go!

PxzyAe0.jpg
    mnIcf43.jpg
    yIHajFR.jpg
    kHF0SCg.jpg
    ECAZcM0.jpg
    xfKLith.jpg
    JuDnqBY.jpg
    UAJlpcQ.jpg
    7Q442S5.jpg
    5wbisII.jpg
    DMrliRy.jpg
    Martial arts matches between pros are jaw-dropping the first few times you see them. So much effort put into the animations! She won btw.

PIoMx5D.jpg
    Even so, she gets straight back to her training.

NLvWNSh.jpg
    A bit of destressing.

UdeKpxP.jpg
    VRRRROOOOOOOM! The Timemobile!

K6mjhK5.jpg
    These guys have been taking care of themselves quite well. No raging fires.

5NxXenJ.jpg
    Xiaobo thinks himself the leader now that hes in his birthplace

czw0IfO.jpg
    Ridiculon is quite amused. And not wearing pants.

zwcQ3Rp.jpg
    The amusement dies off fast. He drowns it out with nectar.

RjOSarg.jpg
    "Hey, if hes the king, does that mean the plates belong to him and are his responsibility?"

TdPp4ep.jpg
    Amazing views in this house.

qcADM6l.jpg
    Flipping pomelo pancakes. Embrace the local fruits!

b8tz13e.jpg
    Ridiculon has offended the king somehow.

75GIRXc.jpg
    Time for royal punishment. "Whats that up there?"

DRSIgUH.jpg
    :twisted:

yRbFVgk.jpg
    :mrgreen:

8tEbmxi.jpg
    "Xiaobo! What on earth are you doing? Dont make me embarrass the King with a timeout!"

mBs0iEF.jpg
    Oh dear god, this was too perfect.

nw6lx0b.jpg
    Gethulon to the rescue.

HvEfQZC.jpg
    Why must you play THERE?

hTSlD7g.jpg
    Plantsims and waterpuddles. She'll be able to absorb it through her feet later in life. (Psst, its actually a pee puddle)

pEtMtZe.jpg
    Testing out the ice cream maker I got that day on the DD. It spoils WAY too fast, and is the greatest magnet known to simkind.

IIcFkZw.jpg
    How its supposed to be.

9CCMc9l.jpg
    The king appears to be having a problem.

GYwx3wd.jpg
    How embarrasing! *evil cackle*

2ROLYV7.jpg
    He doesnt cry. Just rages.

U24nOAj.jpg
    Everyone ignores his tantrum, ice cream is more relevant.

IJ4varl.jpg
    He quietly cleans up his own mess.

QoXEG90.jpg
    Sorry Gethulon, the puddle's already taken care of.

jEzxvfR.jpg
    Xiaobo decides to have a bath to clean himself up. He swears he hears a panicked scream as he enters.

RitCHsG.jpg
    "Is someone there? I guess not. This is creepy, im out of here."

rixxtXw.jpg
    Good thing he has a backup plan.

Next update: The Martial Arts contests

• NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    edited April 2014
    You are so right, I need WA and ITF! So much silly fun! :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cheers!
    Mya
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ahh, I'm so happy that I managed to catch up reading just when you were ready to catch up writing. Funny how things work. :) Anyway, I've really been loving this. There are too many awesome individual shots and captions for me to point out and list, or I'll just end up quoting the whole story. Anyway - looks like Gethulon is no longer glitched? I got attached to him right from the start, so I was very worried when things started to look questionable. The snow angel was amazing. :lol: And the "photo with friends" of Ridiculon and Gethulon just made my week. I've never allowed a sim to get jock influence, but now I'm tempted.

That ice cream was... wow. I don't have the ice cream maker, so I didn't know how it worked. It rots rather than melts? :lol:
    edited April 2014
    Hes still glitched in the homeworld to this day. Im just going to lift him and his family into a new Midnight Hollow copy. Glad you managed to catch up in time, Photobucket is almost about to nuke everything except Update 7 (That one is on Imgur)

You can get the interactions then lower the influence to zero with Master Controller; you'll keep the unlocked interactions but not the coloured tags. Downside: School cheer will be autonomous unless you tune it out.

So...which of his kids is your favourite? I wonder if that opinion will stay the same when they grow up.

I figured you would enjoy reading this, as its a lot similar to the hilarity I see in your blog. Just wish I could comment on your stuff. The world needs more humour like ours *high five*

edited April 2014
    Shang Simla Part 2

DWroRSd.jpg
    I "won" this bike and bike rack from the Best simbot contest. Ridiculon doesnt like my prize choice.

Q7jx2Dv.jpg
    Hes particularly averse to the bike rack.

IpWftYY.jpg
    Smelly ghost in the bushes.

fWf0vN2.jpg
    This ghost is unable to materialise in the base EP. The platform is too small. Dragging it out let her spawn (And let me complete her character data, less glitches the better!)

PVWBlsv.jpg
    All that time alone in the urn, unable to wander. Then when she can, shes gets scared by a fellow ghost :D

cCYEnqH.jpg
    Serious business.

Vd9gGOk.jpg
    Ridiculon is back at the academy, training random people.

03a3A9K.jpg
    He will miss this outfit

Kkrtysu.jpg
    No toilet will stand in his way now!

SArItf9.jpg
    Superserious Kid

AT2B8Fy.jpg
    And his superserious sister

9RwcTiW.jpg
    "What do you mean super serious? I can be cool, see!?"

VjJhwez.jpg
    The superserious father.

IdahACL.jpg
    You call that a repair outfit?

3LxXwAe.jpg
    Gardenia's turn to be royalty. Once again, Ridiculon drowns it all out with nectar

Httpy05.jpg
    Spicy!

S2lsQy9.jpg
    Analysing a pumpkin

I5NUMNw.jpg
    How did a horse generate in China?

KdMZsGn.jpg
    Speeding off in safety

FNcFUfb.jpg
    With the whole gang in tow

166rb5s.jpg
    Cracking stone slabs to get his Timber Terminator award

APaLZUa.jpg
    "Your next, space rock!"

Ru5TMTE.jpg
    He reaches his limit and is now highly fatigued. And sweaty. Better clean up then.

9T5lqxi.jpg
    This guy can smell you still.

yCwf7fw.jpg
    Doesnt stop him from taking a photo!

bYPfjI6.jpg
    He teleports over to his kids to check up on them.

44GWHAL.jpg
    He sneaks over to Xiaobo while hes busy talking to his mum on the phone

HlfnW60.jpg
    Oh you troll.

h5Qw27r.jpg
    BAHAHAHA.

hjUobXr.jpg
    Facepalm! Well, facesleeve in this case.

jIodVax.jpg
    Furious about peeing himself TWICE while on vacation.

EQTj7oM.jpg
    The torment doesnt end here though. Fairies are such trolls

xLne767.jpg
    Xiaobo initiates a counter

YK3QT2r.jpg
    Backfire!

JofNy1C.jpg
    You cant troll the trollmaster

1iJVIaw.jpg
    Look at that smug face

t91cGJg.jpg
    This is not Xiaobo's day.

xGln5XM.jpg
    Hey! No burning the master simfu robe!

2X8KIoW.jpg
    Meanwhile..

nXr6pMZ.jpg
    Everyone gets back to fishing.

3fmZce2.jpg
    Camping!

2gVPeOi.jpg
    The next morning...SCORE!

Kl5wxMH.jpg
    Nothing like idle fishing chatter.

rRDTX0s.jpg
    Thats one huuuuuuuuge black goldfish

Lb6gijz.jpg
    Time to go home now, with an inventory full of fish. But first he'll stop by the Zen garden for another campfire snack.

G6CIqwn.jpg
    I saw this on Frye's blog and was in tears for about ten minutes. Had to try it out for myself.

G7MWqfB.jpg
    :mrgreen:

0RX2Yqt.jpg
    Yep, just chew through that thing.

ZU6vZxY.jpg
    Gethulon's making some cookies

N1QtMs2.jpg
    Premium Content testing time! Got Grandpa's Grove and got some oranges for everyone.

TtoxnOa.jpg
    It would be nice if you peeled it first, Jean-Claude.

P0eYWO4.jpg
    Jamil interrupts his chess game to savour the orangey goodness.

Fw5825z.jpg
    Xiaobo isnt interested.

UWjctIi.jpg
    Gardenia is too busy thinking of the Dragon fish to really enjoy the orange.

kvZHHBw.jpg
    "HEY, wheres my orange!? No fair!"

DJLIWRD.jpg
    Whoops, sorry Ridiculon. Here you go!

4G5w0an.jpg
    Delicious!

vMD74o1.jpg
    Good thing Gethulon didnt pick it normally. Plumbot/Planstim hybrid? Oh god!

Nnff6ab.jpg
    A small tree ring pops up, with plums, pomelos and oranges.

mlM7qzs.jpg
    Gardenia is up to no good.

6Ts0mgo.jpg
    I brought some crystal plants here to liven up the front.

lj9YmzR.jpg
    Charge them ALL!

nwQsjtF.jpg
    "Im eating the orange now. Are you satisfied?"

jB4WA3p.jpg
    He feels nothing when eats it. Nothing!

HEz6DYC.jpg
    In fact it seems to have put him in a bad mood.

1bdTLwT.jpg
    OH MY GOD

Bz3i3HF.jpg
    Gethulon has found the VR goggles!

K1O2Wyh.jpg
    Convincing use of your hovermode.

tyTWcDg.jpg
    Ridiculon is amused.

VjGRuuP.jpg
    "I make the BEST robots"

X5RlT6F.jpg
    "No really, I do!"

ysviJa5.jpg
    He is annoyed at me watching his secret moment of fun.

AwIJ2oX.jpg
    Ridiculon blogs this moment of course

qoVFk32.jpg
    "Horrifying? Foul? Putrid? nonsense! Its still good. They just lack taste and vision"

PC9D7f7.jpg
    "Infact, I'll eat all of it before Gethulon throws it away! HAHA!

GYG8rwu.jpg
    Just in time too. The Cleaning Machine is active.

zIYzoQc.jpg
    "Oooh, hes distracted, gotta get that last cones worth!"

t7lKNb8.jpg
    Who could have done that to poor Gethulon?

Wm9lNsT.jpg
    Late night martial arts

Bj669Zm.jpg
    The best atmosphere for it?

YHxZ8Mh.jpg
    Jean-Claude is not strong enough to handle the Green Death.

ORuEf1T.jpg
    Dont mind me!

SJNOYQT.jpg
    Studying the local fish.

sCi1QUs.jpg
    "Are you eating that dragon fish you caught? Youve been obsessed with it for a while" "Maybe."

D0jf5AJ.jpg
    Oh now thats just LAZY.

ZmyIrbU.jpg
    Get in there!

tUz27jX.jpg
    *dies laughing*

oOLqeMY.jpg
    "HOW DID IT EVEN GET THIS BAD!? WAS IT THE SUSHI!????"

tylI7Vd.jpg
    He is oblivious to your problems.

i6ybEvf.jpg
    And now he is somewhere far away from your problems

dyJ8qMu.jpg
    Only to find someone with problems of her own.

B9RA0Gl.jpg
    "Shes doing WHAT? My daughter better not see this"

RN3vhYq.jpg
    "I cant bear to look anymore...but I cant resist either"

mYdP2au.jpg
    "I cant let my daughter see this! NO way"

f1Ep0Di.jpg
    Ridiculon sneaks past the crazy lady

YluxGQk.jpg
    I kind of want to see what nightmare shes viewing.

RAfF9Tc.jpg
    *******.jpg
    7Kcu94p.jpg
    Funniest heckling ever

iTodmec.jpg
    Followed by a school cheer

H5ZUTJz.jpg
    He fishes for a while while the lady continues to horrify herself.

ewGBfRS.jpg
    I think shes tired of her mum's antics

3Fb02TS.jpg
    Xiaobo shows up to distract her with some hardcore chess.

1faZK9L.jpg
    She doesnt stay around long. In fact, her mum gets off the telescope and comes down to take a picture.

yxPIn4G.jpg
    Then goes straight back to it. sigh.

o4m22In.jpg
    Forbidden fruit! Just think, he might be eating Gardenia's sister.

iEOU2ya.jpg
    He decides its time to try out the tournament. He invites his first opponent over. He imagines a musclebound macho guy from Street Fighter coming to kick his ***.

tYpZxh7.jpg
    The truth hurts.

etlPczx.jpg
    No caption needed

97M9n2U.jpg
    Thats a newspaper delivery kid. Traveller really shouldn't enable them.

pUcQ0EU.jpg
    Of course you cant duel there!

176FgfQ.jpg
    Thats better.

auZ20dL.jpg
    He doesnt think very highly of this opponent.

JpQTY6L.jpg
    I bet the master robe made her sweat a bit.

dELWqim.jpg
    WdiZPkf.jpg
    GgtaWFb.jpg
    IaL7x7F.jpg
    She holds up well, but its an obvious victory.

EQnqNxS.jpg
    Hes now wary of his next opponent. He decides to lower his "rank" with a lesser belt to make his opponents fight with more heart. Noone wants to seriously duel a level 10 guy!

KETn9Rn.jpg
    Its an old frail woman :shock:

AT0F8Me.jpg
    With some surprising moves

gjhN1xM.jpg
    Still, she falls to the master.

DaDc1kK.jpg
    He switches to whitebelt while shes still lingering. "Oh no, hes corrupting the spirit of the competition!"

O32uOBu.jpg
    "What will they send at me next? A hungry smelly mummy?"

W7hQTzv.jpg
    Oho! A real challenger!

ru4Ior2.jpg
    "Well then, lets do this."

m6VBHcx.jpg
    I imagine he let his guard down right away.

ljJZXR2.jpg
    He certainly isnt pleased.

lfDFfgr.jpg
    He quickly find his opponent is not what he seems.

pfwCDLY.jpg
    Victory! This one was a bit cheap.

eCQdfAU.jpg
    "I cant believe I fell for that!"

Next update:

Romance and Reconnection

edited April 2014
    To answer your previous question, I'd have to say that my favorite kid is Xiaobo. (Why am I not surprised that it's the one who's always peeing himself?) But I can just never stop laughing at what he does.

So many great things in the new update, starting with Ridiculon being so unappreciative of your hard-earned bike rack, then the horse who hates him, kids going fishing with snorkeling gear on, Ridiculon doing a school cheer (really?), poor Gethulon and the whoopie cushion, and of course you know I'd relate to the pumpkin roasting. So sneaky of him to wear a white belt during the competition. :twisted: Good stuff!
    edited April 2014
    Xiaobo kind of takes a bit more of a role than the others here, being his homeland and all.

Jamil is sort of the out of the way kid thats always missed, Jean-Claude is the unlucky one thats the butt of everyones jokes and always failing (He was born with the Loser trait), Xiaobo is the attention seeker with a temper, and Gardenia is the obvious nerd of the kids. And now I just remembered that I forgot to give her glasses in her teenage life, aging up forgot to assign them, and I did too :/

Now to finish off the Shang Simla updates and return to Midnight Hollow.

edited April 2014
    Shang Simla Finale: Romance, Parties and Leaves

oQt0uCE.jpg
    Ridiculon is blocked by Xiaobo playing in the bathroom. Why do they always go to this spot?

nGNWXAt.jpg
    He played so long his bladder erupted. Third times a charm?

qTqeXvm.jpg
    He receives a party invitation. Normally he rejects all of these, but the host is Xiaobo's uncle! They are THERE.

cKtmSzZ.jpg
    Jean-Claude the hoverking.

Mu0Ow4E.jpg
    Silly Gethulon, why arent you on your hoverbike?

XiKWAJj.jpg
    Ridiculon IS on his bike.

F0ERWPW.jpg
    On the path to Xiaobo's birthplace, Ridiculon nearly bowls into an old man. A crash seems imminent

srfGu7K.jpg
    A masterful dodge! Could this be Ridiculon's final opponent in the tournament?

ua4Oa9U.jpg
    Oh my, the jetpack girl is here at the party, seemingly dressed to impress

B47Kusp.jpg
    Nope, its just a swimwear party without a pool.

iQ2Xw7n.jpg
    Nice try.

FRwcg5t.jpg
    Of COURSE the host is in bed :roll:

tvjjQOo.jpg
    She seems fixated on this guy

mJ1Dx1d.jpg
    Hes drunk already? Lay off the nectar!

zMmqHmi.jpg
    Awww. There goes any possible drama for Ridiculon.

AovIPld.jpg
    Who invited the snob to the party?

ZWPmlLa.jpg
    Well, this is a little awkward.

hKFgu9Y.jpg
    AWKWARD.

TjyWrop.jpg
    Some annoying guy comes and breaks the tension though

ssaQCb3.jpg
    I hope that isnt your idea of swimwear..

tazNw0j.jpg
    "Wait, what am I doing, the party is in THERE"

3IspRbY.jpg
    He convinces her to go for him further. No hard feelings I guess?

ceP2w9r.jpg
    That fixes that. ****** off annoying guy, your not part of this!

5lXvAC0.jpg
    He isnt too keen. Maybe it was just the booze that let that kiss happen ;]

X8mVbyI.jpg
    Negatives all around!

mttr7Tt.jpg
    He dares Xiaobo's aunt to streak to take the edge off those negatives. Looks like the kiss was rejected, but it didnt stop him from leaping into her arms anyway.

IVbkBFV.jpg
    The snobby guy is examining the goods. Annoying guy is trying to get in there and steal the attention

vQmv28c.jpg
    There she goes! Unnoticed. Mostly.

WvhHLEV.jpg
    Aha! There she is! Xiaobo's mother and Ridiculon's lover (in China anyway :twisted: ).

2toen0i.jpg
    Tired? Thats a sure sign for Ridiculon. Go away annoying guy!

DSgrXqp.jpg
    I said go away, not go and be childish with his lover

grb6SEO.jpg
    I think the blue swimsuited woman insulted him. Cant say im surprised

G4Ohain.jpg
    The host woke up, finally. Now please vacate the room :D

95VLCJw.jpg
    "Come on man, privacy!"

CAaBfKM.jpg
    Losing relationship points fast there man! Do you really want to watch your sister? dont answer that

MW9lpC8.jpg
    He pulls out a book. The thought bubbles say it all xD

Vko5KYp.jpg
    "fine, fine, I'll let you two 'reconnect' after the years." She looks VERY amused with her brother's antics. Ridiculon not so much.

vO98OWC.jpg
    "Now then, where were we?"

zZK9BFD.jpg
    Shes just not feeling it now after that business.

mLTwDrU.jpg
    So he reignites the fire, oho!

cx1RzpT.jpg
    They've been apart for over five years. A lot of catching up to do.

WNAEAlC.jpg
    The party ended the moment the woohoo ended, hahaha. He struts to the front door.

J2B9LDH.jpg
    Totally worth it.

X3up86a.jpg
    He seems to have lost his underwear on the way out :/

JY1eb8K.jpg
    He'll just camp outside and find them in the morning.

S3BnMHj.jpg
    Whoah, Xiaobo's aunt looks VERY different with that hair untied

6ML4fjE.jpg
    Sun Young is up early next morning raking leaves...in her underwear.

iqRl9dy.jpg
    "Good morning, beautiful! mind if I help?"

mCI5yFG.jpg
    I don't think she expected him to be here in the morning.

kwXqFWy.jpg
    And she definitely didnt expect the robot :lol:

aTD1UAO.jpg
    And Xiaobo's here too to help his family out!

AmZnmkA.jpg
    Sigh, they just cant help themselves can they?

UKfmFj4.jpg
    The Dip Kiss pleases me.

LXiAiyz.jpg
    Real smooth, flowers AFTER a kiss and some woohoo

DrYG0ZZ.jpg
    At it again, I swear.

zvppYZo.jpg
    Routing makes them try to woohoo in the bed again, despite someone already sleeping in it xD

UhB9p4w.jpg
    Plan B. "Are you sure this is a good idea? Your brother is awake and could see us!"

hnchExY.jpg
    "Its fine, I can hear him whining about his stomach from here, he'll be preoccupied with food for a while."

LUmd5DV.jpg
    "Well...if you say so. This is something even I havent tried!"

FaW5xrg.jpg
    Dat4u37.jpg
    hoakexK.jpg
    y9DHlgR.jpg
    XBnSnNf.jpg
    VFpBWzL.jpg
    "Well, that was...interesting"

YqErI45.jpg
    "Xiaobo still busy raking over there? Good"

hbcBk76.jpg
    "I think I have a leaf in my-" "STOP. And then, the magic was gone."

5ieRMgf.jpg
    Horrible image in his head.

3ku1SjZ.jpg
    "I think I hit a rock in there"

DK7yuWk.jpg
    She'll remember this one forever.

Bo5s2qL.jpg
    IM SO PLEASED

obvxgZk.jpg
    A gross video was seen

zSn19H0.jpg
    Her brother has solved the stomach issue and is out to socialise

RZgsJ9e.jpg
    Oh my, whats gotten her so ill?

MtkNawV.jpg
    A toad?

XA9mmnJ.jpg
    "What...is my brother doing now?"

BUDYBNC.jpg
    Out pops another toad. Unlucky!

tG5Xbwa.jpg
    A child at heart.

gHBpdre.jpg
    He expresses his disgust over a plate or two left unwashed.

CuWjpt2.jpg
    He ponders Ridiculon. Would he accept him as a sort of brother-in-law?

JQKIgRg.jpg
    "Who left this tent here!?"

65hdPbV.jpg
    He also wonders how Xiaobo is getting on in his new life..and also ponders a bath

Wk8dCud.jpg
    Hes a lot more similar to his nephew than he thinks

Jftem7Y.jpg
    His aunt looks much better like that.

Js1VLgr.jpg
    ANNOYING GUY? WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!? How....ANNOYING!!!

eCn6V1P.jpg
    These leaves are slowly getting sorted.

rMRDgYv.jpg
    :shock: Oh no you dont! The nerve!

7uIkRjC.jpg
    :x

QUNQXba.jpg
    "You there, how dare you make moves on her in my presence?"

YohbR1u.jpg
    "Come on now, you only pop up randomly every so often, I live here. She deserves someone like me!"

3yYxwZs.jpg
    The confrontation is forcibly interrupted by a party invite. A party at this very house starting right now!

THRrzfQ.jpg
    A leaf-raking party it seems

WNkl8QI.jpg
    Suddenly everyone warps inside. Your not supposed to already be on the party lot when it starts :p

SW8oUTj.jpg
    Celebrity photo time!

tTpqfdM.jpg
    Fighting Granny is here too.

DvRLKId.jpg
    Its not a party without...

CdJE7mr.jpg
    Annoying guy does SOMETHING useful

ijxBQeo.jpg
    Almost done!

sqvnIu5.jpg
    Shes turning in for the night, in Xiaobo's old bed no less. Reminding herself of his early years?

qpybeEk.jpg
    Thats hardly photoworthy. "Young kid rakes leaves in china!"

wk64pGE.jpg
    "I really miss having you around, Xiaobo. Even the fairy pranks, I admit it."

NfSXbuF.jpg
    Definitely a raking party.

05KpBSH.jpg
    These guys are slacking!

Pt5tHQ7.jpg
    Gethulon's leaving, pleased with a job well done with teamwork. Its always better when he isn't doing it all alone.

oYaIaDJ.jpg
    Now they can all head inside and enjoy the rest of the night

ml2IldA.jpg
    ISezo8t.jpg
    But first, Annoying Guy has gone too far and needs to learn a lesson.

E9xt5r3.jpg
    "You are a social disgrace and need to learn proper etiquette and manners" "Oh really, and what are you going to do about it?"

8vReasu.jpg
    "This"

Dr5VoKk.jpg
    "What did you do to me? Argghhhh!!! My face is burning, its shifting under my fingers!"

zfnIsJL.jpg
    A truly magical makeover. His face will stay like this unless he can be on his best behaviour. The idea is that with a face like this, you must rely on your INNER beauty to get by. Level 10 fairy magic skill required! The face is different every time, I never get tired of it

oy1uTLo.jpg
    He reflects on this as he leaves in a hurry

dbiWePa.jpg
    Holding back the tears

6Kn9g5v.jpg
    I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. He will be a better person after this though. Hopefully!

XXhKuhM.jpg
    Xiaobo has pranked Ridiculon in the meantime.

W8bLbE8.jpg
    Returned favour!

l7wiVIg.jpg
    Whoah, double standards much?

S3knk0f.jpg
    The morning sky. Reminds me of the sky in Episode 1 of Doom, which was a photo of chinese mountains similar to these

MZUkKUU.jpg
    "MUST YOU REALLY STAND THERE JEAN-CLAUDE"

EFgQWDO.jpg
    These two cross paths in the rain.

3J88GTO.jpg
    More challengers for the tournament. Dueling over first use of the toilet?

psadicF.jpg
    Okay, who let the paparazzi in. Shes photographing your ice cream you lazilly left out! SOCIAL DISGRACE.

hKS01W3.jpg
    Jean-Claude gets pranked for once, while Xiaobo has the creepiest face ever

or2fnXR.jpg
    CREEPIEST FACE EVER

PSOUtfT.jpg
    Well, at least it isnt in the bathroom

Ys51dKh.jpg
    Now this is news worthy. Ridiculon's face suddenly glitches up again.

uEiyFyv.jpg

qTGtTCN.jpg
    Jamil shows up for a group breakfast. Where does he disappear to all the time?

stkMPd4.jpg
    Frisbee time!

kZhSMzg.jpg
    m138tLS.jpg
    b0RMp8i.jpg
    Jean-Claude, always being a Jean-Claude.

PPBa7c9.jpg
    The lack of concern is brilliant

QYcz9Gc.jpg
    A quick swim and snorkel before the vacation ends. Jamil is off-screen, like always

Muv8Hdh.jpg
    The last picture of Shang Simla. Ridiculon created some gems to take home.

Next update: Children No More

edited April 2014
    I could not stop laughing. First, at the quintessential "sims 3" party: host in bed, drunkards everywhere, the swimwear party with no pool, and then again at the invite to the "raking party" on day 2. Trying to woohoo in an occupied bed - that was "genius." :lol: I'm actually shocked that none of my sims have ever done that! "I can hear him whining about his stomach"... Still can't stop laughing at that part.

:gasp: Could it be that the kids are aging up in the next chapter? I think I'm even more attached to Xiaobo after this chapter, so I'll be curious to see how he (and everyone else) grows up.

P.S. You'd mentioned previously about wanting to be able to reply to my tumblr posts, and I completely forgot to mention that I had enabled Disqus comments back when my mods started getting more popular. But I don't remember how I configured the security settings, so I'll have to take a look and see if people have to register in order to comment...
    edited April 2014
    Yep, tomorrow will be the day I finally post the pictures of their birthdays.

I figured the remark about the guys stomach would amuse people; we all know how vocal they are when hungry :D

Did you notice how Ridiculon's wall of photos grew? ;]

edited April 2014
    Home at Last: Children No More

Second to last batch of already taken screenshots left lying around.

51mfrbe.jpg
    Back home, I put my new premium content to use in a second kitchen under the first one. This one specialises in the "other" aspects of cooking.

1crpBdx.jpg
    I wish this thing didnt force you into this costume every time you used it. Other than that, its a decent PC item.

3IE5ujk.jpg
    And then theres the deep fried ice cream. I swear this is all anyone cares about.

nGZK61v.jpg
    Back to his nectar maker!

dDnizMj.jpg
    Gethulon is back to his broken behaviour where he cant interact with anyone or even himself, but at least hes keeping his trait chips. Not even a full reset solves this issue with him.

678Yu1w.jpg
    A bit of inventing to go along with the bot-building

TfXubpB.jpg
    With all of the usual side-effects

pEOiJt9.jpg
    Sometimes you just cant stop drinking home-made nectar

iHJK6df.jpg
    Too much and it'll go right through you and onto the floor

HojRZZ2.jpg
    Syphoning power WHILE taking out trash. Multitasking!

ckTT8tb.jpg
    Got this during a DD or sale when the Library was cheap. Its....okay.

HN3JkBX.jpg
    This one feels like its just a collectable summoner.

NMRNVB2.jpg
    Heh, glitches

6kuvh9B.jpg
    Hardcore domino games

0UNTqEi.jpg
    The PC Ive had forever but never used. The censoring glitched up and didnt apply, but its not like theres anything to see. He looks just as happy with the item as I am.

FGzxHaT.jpg
    Another new PC item! The daily deals around this time were pretty great.

3wBjihw.jpg
    I love the multi-tabs. Probably the best PC there is.

Pi05Xao.jpg
    Everyone gets one!

90EaRCI.jpg
    Back to this one. Some of the animations are amusing. Force feeding!

wgKEHoX.jpg
    Another censor fail. Spinning shower jets forcibly clean you

WdZIQT4.jpg
    And then you get teleported off. You HAVE to teleport, you cant use the other features alone! Thus, bad PC for me.

t4nAyRF.jpg
    Trying out the spellbook's very limited spells, I noticed Jamil's mum had come to town on vacation. Summoned!

GaCHCf6.jpg
    *rolls eyes*

GrtOXFq.jpg
    He hasnt tried this before

Zl85LE6.jpg
    Ha, no Advanced Technology skill leads to many failures in the elevator

myGOtD4.jpg
    8v9wkIu.jpg
    Qn5pMBv.jpg
    Another woohoo location tested.

wAI1OaX.jpg
    Why is Kara Carter in his basement? And why does he have options to woohoo with her in various objects, when they are merely friends who have never met each other let alone flirted?

ONNt3mD.jpg
    Back to the station for some nanite crafting. Gethulon still needs Sentience and a few more chips

xpSF1nE.jpg
    A quick need top-up via cryostasis

5sfpkQ4.jpg
    Only Xiaobo..

UbJo0Rk.jpg
    Gardenia has taken a keen interest in invention and bot building.

lQ0YMol.jpg
    I finished his pool! I really love this pool.

4J6OFE1.jpg
    Bringing about the Dystopian future via giant magnets

wUjhlVJ.jpg
    Lets pull all the meteors to Earth! HAHAHA!

AtgI8FT.jpg
    This guy looks like he might be Ridiculon's BFF in Midnight Hollow

wvS4Rbr.jpg
    As if he wasnt sad enough, now hes being lied to about the apocalypse

k3hE3L7.jpg
    Poor guy.

xVG585v.jpg
    Ridiculon is pretty convincing though

ofIgTQ7.jpg
    "Spread the word, the apocalypse is coming!"

DrhSPVP.jpg
    THE APOCALYPSE IS ALREADY HERE

f9QyuAA.jpg
    Not everyone falls for his theatrics

wtlE52M.jpg
    Time out from doomsaying to use their bath for a good scrub. The censor fully failed until the next save/quit and reload.

ddlUKU4.jpg
    I couldnt resist.

Ewb4vym.jpg
    BAHAHAHAHA

kq9KwJ4.jpg
    Convincing people to litter like mad.

WUclrpL.jpg
    Oh my! A hot girl with his sense of fashion!

dazSXNl.jpg
    "Oh my god, you dress like me!"

6EbiDA7.jpg
    "This is amazing!"

PSUjEKk.jpg
    And then a chin invades their conversation

uM1wlO2.jpg
    Do you mind?

SY7E6gq.jpg
    Creepy

Qhpo3qp.jpg
    Ridiculon carries on his conversation with Seema despite this guy absorbing his face

K1HGxEd.jpg
    And then he makes her a wonderful cake!

7Wx5VRA.jpg
    A chat over dinner?

mYvJm0C.jpg
    Delicious.

BOJNcLv.jpg
    As such, it is the subject of the conversation.

UpAKCBN.jpg
    This guy has wet himself in the kitchen. Hes like a zombie!

NqUqoyE.jpg
    Braaaaains

EccySEm.jpg
    Even Gethulon is laughing at him

3g8LWd6.jpg
    Gethulon's dystopia transformation quest is halted; today is Jamil's birthday! Jamil was far older than the other kids. Odd, since he was the second or third child conceived!

InFyy10.jpg
    The first guest is the newspaper girl

Ij2ACwR.jpg
    Feels like its been forever, doesnt it Jamil?

aFTLZrQ.jpg
    He looks so happy.

ywzGauM.jpg
    I dont think she appreciates Xiaobo so close

12uOYtf.jpg
    Or Gardenia that close for that matter! And Jean-Claude on the other side! TRAPPED

x5VM02s.jpg
    This kids didnt even bother going through the gate!

inB7zYS.jpg
    This one stands outside in the rain. The party no longer interests her

fIJvuO1.jpg
    She found the time machine

7ayYXsr.jpg
    Make a wish, Jamil! "I wish to be seen more often!" I cant grant that, sorry

u2y0kE7.jpg
    Pretty sad attendance.

OLxjsfH.jpg
    Ah, there we go. His siblings and the NPC girl managed to get in just in time

H1S5Ncc.jpg
    Superstretch!

PYosSFy.jpg
    ...ouch.

zJNVueo.jpg
    The three boys were imported from a breaking Appaloosa Plains, so its no surprise they have some glitches

lguH6Og.jpg
    Some CAS later, and hes seemingly glitch free and in his new look. Hes talking to his mum and recieving birthday wishes from her from afar. Hes taken up Photographer's Eye as his fourth trait, he'll be following the Photography career (This is largely why he was absent so much, he was off taking photos, or playing chess)

4s9RGaH.jpg
    Ridiculon interacts with most people's favourite MH premade, Nadia Cho.

mNRHhWt.jpg
    Convincing everyone to litter like crazy!

7kSUmzc.jpg
    Dystopia will be here in no time!

srDy6Sa.jpg
    Another victim for the list!

CPjO2bX.jpg
    So sinister. I do hope you'll revert your damage at some point.

bAjnCfy.jpg
    I'd say this is a pretty good sign that Dystopia is here and that the world is ending.

6LCIpem.jpg
    Master photographer

ZRZrlLb.jpg
    Second birthday. The rest of them all had birthdays on the same day, or a day apart. Not having four seperate birthdays when im itching to see Dystopia for the first time!

Birthday party in swimwear? with no pool? Technically I have a pool, but only my sims are allowed in the secret base.

Im4d5b8.jpg
    HKUMDXF.jpg
    Jean-claude is up first. He was the first-born.

hR0T2sh.jpg
    OUCH. Glitches strike again.

Du82jl8.jpg
    Somehow Gardenia's birthday took higher priority than Xiaobo's, despite the fact shes the youngest. Oh well!

9jyIkJ9.jpg
    I'm surprised the ghost kid didn't cancel the birthday! with "A Ghost!"

w5hDMEB.jpg
    Streeeeeeetch!

xPYILKu.jpg
    Oh dear. She has Ridiculon's face.

NsXwUEt.jpg
    Now he gets his turn.

Kpl8zT6.jpg
    Really Jamil? REALLY?

W70oaFA.jpg
    The stretching really amuses me. Gethulon was the only one to see him grow up.

bhvHHnj.jpg
    He looks incredibly sad.

OvFLpiy.jpg
    Your a bit late Ridiculon! Xiaobo has glitching on his forehead.

ve9NFWW.jpg
    Gardenia, as a plantsim growing up in Midnight Hollow, a largely sunless world, needed a drastic change to reflect the consequences of her upbringing. Ive made her much paler, an effect which will worsen at YA and above. At least that bright green wont stand out anymore!

ak8tFYu.jpg
    She definitely inherited Ridiculon's face.

5BwznpW.jpg
    Jean-Claude's very drastic new look. Hes still a Loser, but he can at least try to hide it.

9DfwXcD.jpg
    Much better

LnruoFA.jpg
    Gardenia really fits in now.

2nPR1Ag.jpg
    Finally, heres Xiaobo. Rebellious look was the only look that would fit a fairy prankster, right? He also grew up with 100% muscle definition somehow, so hes permanently ripped!

bTMDhJF.jpg
    Why wont you sit down Gardenia?

Dsw8hwL.jpg
    Thats better. Family gathering in the lounge

pqw8XYQ.jpg
    Oh great! They all need to use the toilet at once.

BNybA2D.jpg
    I have absolutely no clue how this happened

2IsaEPy.jpg
    Good thing he had a death flower.

JR4YKnL.jpg
    And thats it for now. Next batch will be the last one for a while, as its the last pile of Ridiuclon shots.

Next update: Dystopia
    Post edited by Unknown User on

edited April 2014
    A Dystopian Future
    Final update for a while, as I have no more backlogs of pictures. At least this time I have a valid excuse. I have a proper ending for this story planned, even if the story is more or less "random stuff happening" with a couple of serious bits. Will I ever get to that end? Probably not :p

N11XnOe.jpg
    Jamil pumps iron to get himself ripped like Xiaobo. He also has max muscle definition, but it didnt appear at first, odd.

7wY8Jki.jpg
    Gardenia is taking a time-out.

9IjhhTh.jpg
    Ridiculon is feeling particulary trollish today. He uses the nectar maker on sale right in front of the shopkeeper

LekUxug.jpg
    Then leaps in and squishes it all.

3oBwZI7.jpg
    THEN DROPS A BOMB IN THE STORE

ZwyTGGP.jpg
    Rnwn37N.jpg
    mQtQo5E.jpg
    NAtJ2NK.jpg
    WgGyqF9.jpg
    In the nearby laundromat an annoying paparazzi that keeps trying to invade his home is present. Ridiculon has had enough, so he kills him...temporarily

lLPnNba.jpg
    THEN BLOWS UP EVERYTHING. Hes working on his detonation skill challenge okay :p

VuhxuXv.jpg
    The alchemy store guy is in for a big surprise

v19pOoG.jpg
    Hahaha, karma at work. He blew himself up by getting caught in the blast of his own bomb.

c1Naaur.jpg
    I dont even know how this started.

9c6fER4.jpg
    It gets real big real fast. They have to deal with it themselves, as firemen cant get into the underground techbase.

kS5AgX3.jpg
    Xiaobo has always been an artist. Now hes learning how to sculpt

5nEClWd.jpg
    Travelling back to the future results in a huge glitch, one that EA patched in 1.66. Travelling on the same day that a child ages up to a teenager squishes them like this while they are still. Since aging is off, they still counted as the same day.

1lkXdPU.jpg
    Pretty terrifying.

SmGQvYd.jpg
    Jamil's first thought is "Has the pool table survived the apocalypse?" True jock in the making.

DMfXDox.jpg
    Shes still around, but far smellier. Everyone in the Dystopian Future stinks. Permanently. Cant wash the stink off with polluted water! I assume thats the reasoning anyay. Your sims can still clean themselves though.

rr1VUS8.jpg
    Gethulon needs another tune-up. His quality level is rising ever higher.

Cnk9WSc.jpg
    Yeah, just sink into the platform.

uHzxXVU.jpg
    Upgrade the servicebots too while your at it. Every tune-up gets some money and progress towards a skill challenge

jcYDCT3.jpg
    Who let the zombies in!?

yHcjI7q.jpg
    Jean-Claude and Ridiculon go fishing for three-eyed fish, a fish type that only appears in the dystopian future. Pretty sure its a Simpsons reference.

7lsMd0u.jpg
    Gardenia is officially a Bot Fan. Inventing and Bot Building are her passions now. Gethulon likely inspired this dream.

859uuvK.jpg
    Speaking of Gethulon, he finally has a Limitless Learning trait chip. Time to catch up on all those skills you missed out on!

6Zt2RtE.jpg
    She looks like she belongs here with her pale wilted look.

1id1wzz.jpg
    They buy a new house; Emit's place is too crowded and zombie-filled

coxTpWL.jpg
    A place this roomy will do fine for four teenagers, a robot and a timefairy.

OLSSWTi.jpg
    I build a wall of food synthesisers to complete the digital chef skill challenge easily.

ynQB3AB.jpg
    In addition to the one in the kitchen anyway. Its a bit weird having conventional ovens AND food synthesisers together. Best to go one or the other

5YdJf8G.jpg
    A lot of room, but its still entirely random where they will eat.

uCxWPdV.jpg
    Family dinners? Yeah right.

gCM6mN0.jpg
    Xiaobo adds some actual muscle to his muscles

0jE2Huv.jpg
    ERROR! I guess it doesnt like plumbots making plumbots

4oTQduB.jpg
    This is still happening. I managed to squash the bug (heh) later on.

7gLbmen.jpg
    Changes the whole leg joint!

gPiqBcw.jpg
    Uh-oh.

1swbzDQ.jpg
    The house is ruined! Everyone is dead!

4hyqEh4.jpg
    Unless you in The Sims. WHAT.

OrWCqjq.jpg
    He never can hold in his urine when scary things are going on. Looks like some rocks zoomed right past his face, a narrow miss! I guess I cant blame him.

QQKUTcV.jpg
    Gardenia is using her new photosynthesising ability. While I doubt theres much in the ground to absorb, its better than Midnight Hollow's lack of sun!

xisbnOu.jpg
    Nobody pick this plant!

BsjDWwG.jpg
    Jamil is pleased by the intact meteor.

AMXkSOw.jpg
    I dont remember how this happened. Gross.

YeeE031.jpg
    Sun? What sun! Get out of the snow before you go dormant :p

KBNSRZ4.jpg
    Gethulon catches on fire from a meteor impact and has yet to realise it.

jpoJQc2.jpg
    He does now! Get to a shower!

kBpKqLW.jpg
    More fires.

sqLPNb3.jpg
    Firebots to the rescue!

XSWHynr.jpg
    Ignore the tree! Save the sims around the much bigger more dangerous fire!

6cTgjvC.jpg
    Reinforcements. Hoverboarding, now? REALLY?

reVVW5Y.jpg
    And it goes up to the front door and whines. Idiot!

OZVRAdt.jpg
    At least one of them found the fire.

dEJlsog.jpg
    Here comes a third.

3r8XDhp.jpg
    Xiaobo's bladder decides now of all times is the time to be full.

7prdRjx.jpg
    *headdesk*

Qcs3Gg7.jpg
    They just WATCH while the one bot slowly puts out the fires.

WjmIeKO.jpg
    Gethulon is highly annoyed. As is the whole household and me. But he portrays it the best.

8xEFedm.jpg
    Your getting angry at THEM? not only do they have no control over meteors, but you fools hoverboarded around and did mostly nothing. Humans have been replaced by THESE?

8xVWlsd.jpg
    Of COURSE his bladder would fail now, after the fire. Nobody would notice during the blaze. In fact, he should have just peed on the fire, that would have been more effective than the fire department.

kFNjXeG.jpg
    EVERYBODY notices.

e6XyYJZ.jpg
    I'd be angry too.

Io14RPY.jpg
    Ridiculon has a new job at the observatory.

JXk3SDb.jpg
    Didnt take her long to find where they moved to.

CrUXyac.jpg
    Gethulon is drawn to a light display that night

ZF9lACP.jpg
    Crap. Dont go into the light!

4LRZWk8.jpg
    Run, Gethulon, RUN

hyF5m4h.jpg
    Too late :(

FUu0Xj6.jpg
    Oh you evil...

615o2lu.jpg
    You could have abducted the paparazzi! At least she HAS things to probe!

bEbLQyo.jpg
    At least they returned him intact.

w3GS7d2.jpg
    But he will always remember this moment.

iMli45Z.jpg
    5Qy10Qv.jpg
    7A1F6oc.jpg
    4RzFadu.jpg
    It's time for some music! Gethulon is on Guitar and Ridiculon on Violin, but one is working, and one is OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO MEing

BNoKewf.jpg
    Really Gardenia? The house is hit enough without the magnet!

DfuYoSb.jpg
    Her very first plumbot has been sold. Ridiculon could never bring himself to sell a plumbot, each one is a dear friend, sentience or not.

wKltPcc.jpg
    Ridiculon takes Xiaobo out to meet his descendant one day.

5s0qARh.jpg
    Is she even dressed?

JmvVVlX.jpg
    Hes having a big mood swing. Thus why hes out of the house.

2UqFGRd.jpg
    His one and only descendant. Looks like his line is in danger of fizzling out.

HByS0RC.jpg
    Hes left to talk with her about his family's history...his future.

IbUmkF8.jpg
    Heh. It must be so weird meeting someone from your distant past.

sxzRT7F.jpg
    She gets a photo to remember this moment by.

FmRxn71.jpg
    Uh-oh, shes whipping out cruel interactions suddenly

OVinxb4.jpg
    Ridiculon was abusing the hotpool all this time.

ubb6nn4.jpg
    Lets look up his descendant on the future equivalent of facebook. Mean-Spirited!? So thats why shes so utterly alone. Xiaobo, your screwed unless you find a decent girlfriend to change your future :D

5D0NXPU.jpg
    Ridiculon is tired and whining. Guess its time to say goodbye (forever). Her existence will end. I demand it. Did you know theres a special mean interaction only usable on Descendants? "I Can Erase You!" And I will. I wont allow Xiaobo's legacy to die out because one woman decided to be a cruel loner with no hope of a family.

2KgaD3Q.jpg
    He couldnt hold it any longer. She rejected it, but still.

qoeY2zV.jpg
    B6mPtsj.jpg
    X0gHMZ5.jpg
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

x47N5nO.jpg
    SBXvKNd.jpg
    MJssizz.jpg
    fBUGYyn.jpg
    SFTokGq.jpg
    Two in a row in the same bizarre spot!?

yb4bpWi.jpg
    *facepalm* All these rocks are attracting aliens like flies.

TxLXg4u.jpg
    Another meteor falls.

Imyphdb.jpg
    Thier house would have been amazing had the ocean still been there. Its still pretty cool, but looking out over the water would have been awesome

i5MFa7O.jpg
    Big glitch. Emit isnt the only Emit anymore, and another Emit's hologram keeps popping up to talk about Cause and Effect. The game does this in the base neighbourhood to bug the crap out of you to visit the future if you ignore the portal.

Dv8AfQY.jpg
    Its so annoying that my brother and I have an injoke about it *heads to his facebook page to say "CAUSE AND EFFECT"*

HdL4Ht3.jpg
    Another visit to the crashed ship. He teleported through the locked door, so for a time, hes alone and has absolute peace and quiet.

xu9GJeo.jpg
    Out adventuring with Gardenia. "Dad, look in the sky!"

obt89HE.jpg
    "Its heading STRAIGHT FOR US!"

sp6tOlN.jpg
    *explosion noise*

AHB5URN.jpg
    You would pop up now.

LwOk4yz.jpg
    And now zombies are rising from the wasteland.

PmOndBp.jpg
    He pops over to Emit's place for a bit. Emit's suit gives him away as he approaches

vUwHAJG.jpg
    Best buds? Right. Ridiculon feels like hes a pawn in some greater game whenever Emit is around.

dh48cIk.jpg
    He cooks the only fish hes got on hand; a three-eyed fish.

Fj2sQhJ.jpg
    Is this really any suprise?

eFc4uLI.jpg
    Another creepy eating face. Dried food is better than three eyed fish

GjFqHks.jpg
    Yet more meteors.

LUow39a.jpg
    Gethulon is abducted a second time, this time outside Emit's house

xFEIYPA.jpg
    Ridiculon has taken up a new interest: Bug eating.

uPmXGzV.jpg
    kcldRKX.jpg
    The faces he makes eating them xD

a8s9ZGj.jpg
    Practicing pool skills.

ZeywSq5.jpg
    You cant take this home with you, annoyingly.

WJWLrJC.jpg
    The special holo-sprite unlocked from the Astronomer career.

0KefPUA.jpg
    85Spllm.jpg
    *tries to clone cherries* This item is too large and wont fit in the science station!
    *tries to clone a gigantic space rock* Success!

DT8bYkA.jpg
    Thats what I think too.

MnqmF1L.jpg
    Even this is bigger than cherries!

lMOjvSv.jpg
    "Not only did you succeed at cloning the <metal>, you also improved it to the highest quality possible" This set off a new completionist in me; get every metal and gem and bug at the ABSOLUTE best quality. THANKS.

ztwDSoj.jpg
    Another plumbot sold. I wish they didnt wave goodbye, makes me feel so, SO, guilty :(

ZaGwKyj.jpg
    Gardenia meets another teen girl! A Jetsons parody :D

h4B35me.jpg
    Ridiculon is now level 10 and obviously chose the star explorer path. Space armour! Hes eating bugs again of course. Honeypot ants, delicious

4SLEf1U.jpg
    Hes served some sushi by a member of SG-1 xD

w2AOfNh.jpg
    <_< >_>

OATZUaH.jpg
    "CAUSE AND EF-whats that smell!?"

k9LMCZN.jpg
    Two more descendants. Jean-Claude's ones, going by the skin colour.

jYjZqIV.jpg
    This one belongs to Jamil of course.

zPdgJcN.jpg
    Another mean-spirited descendant!?

7WFLal7.jpg
    A nice view to sculpt by. Great for those moments where desolation and hopelessness inspire you.

4B5NpqA.jpg
    Remember these? It took forever to master digital chef with everyone, because this keeps happening! EVERY TIME.

QCTSxGg.jpg
    Ridiculon finally has what hes been searching for and working towards for a long time.

vXlIFnW.jpg
    A Sentience trait chip, handcrafted! No longer will Gethulon be an appliance with personality!

KOXajIh.jpg
    His first truly sentient conversation.

nV8ErNH.jpg
    This rude idiot somehow barged into my house and started fighting everyone. GET OUT. And preferably get hit by a meteor on the way home.

2xYYzkF.jpg
    Gethulon introduces himself to Emit now that hes sentient.

a9tUP5b.jpg
    He doesnt realise his handshakes are rather..crushing.

And this is all of my Ridiculon pictures uploaded and posted. Updates will happen again someday, when I return to his family.

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2014
    Very entertaining! :P
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    I have some ideas on how to really improve this story, by giving it some proper direction with a proper closure. Nice to see it survived the forum move, although my photobucket images are pretending to be deleted (they arent)

woD2Taa.png
    Just posting a Sims 2 version here for now