Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still no patch fix for this game. What gives Sim Gurus?

I have been waiting patiently for them to fix these stupid bugs...like constant crashing... ever since they put the first patch in. And have they yet? Nope? But they can come out with another pack to buy though? So when are they going to fix this? Maybe Christmas of 2015?

Comments

• Options
    ChelleB24ChelleB24 Posts: 99 Member
    edited November 2013
    The new XP is giving me grief too. Since I installed it, sims 3 keeps crashing. when I have the crash log analyze it, it keeps saying "Graphics Device not in database."
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2013
    Not everyone is having issues with constant crashing -- I've had very few crashes in the last couple of years, since I got my new iMac and Boot Camped Win7 on it so I'm playing on native Windows rather than emulation. And most of the crashes are due to my own fault, where I try to do too many things too fast. Yes, I do use mods (but not CC), and some of them are designed to correct EA's errors so maybe I and others are part of the problem.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm just uninstalling Into the future until a patch or mod is released. I'm tired of doing workarounds on my PC o get the game to work.
  • Options
    Cali3234Cali3234 Posts: 168 Member
    edited November 2013
    I just did the same thing. Let me know if yours works now without into the future
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Will do. I gave up on trying to get hold of the EA tech support since their website doesn't let me sign in no matter what option I try from my origin account to linking my PSN account or even making a different account and their whole method of "Call us and we'll call you back" method is completely pointless because of the login issue with the Help Center.
  • Options
    sims4er24sims4er24 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2013
    My sister and I are avid players, and we are also having problems with Into the Future and Island Paradise. and what is crazy is my sister and I have two different computers. She has a Mac PC and I have the other. I am at the point I want to uninstall everything. We have problems with CAS, where if we try to change the default Sims that pop-up, our game crashes, if we try to build a home, or save, our game crashes and we lose our progress. So I understand the aggravation. Please Gurus, Please fix the CAS and the rest of the Game Glitches
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok, no idea what happened but Into the Future just completely messed up my game. I'm still getting crashing issues even AFTER I uninstalled Into the Future.

I love the Sims 3, but honestly it is so mot worth it if its just back-to-back bugs everywhere.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    when u reinstall it, do not reinstall the patch
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I had the patch installed before installing the EP and everything ran fine. No idea why it would mess everything up now.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The patch is what is the problem so when it prompts u to add the patch click no
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I deleted all the files the game generated and now it's saying it's a DEP problem. Sigh...it's either one thing or another with Sims.

How do you uninstall a Patch?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    U have to unistall every sims 3 game make sure u save all your downloads and mods...and then reinstall them
    when u install into the future... and it gives u the patch prompt say Hells Nah!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I was afraid you were gonna say that. If I uninstall everything, I might just leave it that way. Getting sick of this game always breaking.
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited November 2013
    @ChelleB24
    You got the "Graphics Device not in database" messages, did you try to fix it?
    If not,
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I found it but haven't tried it yet.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cali3234 wrote:
    U have to unistall every sims 3 game make sure u save all your downloads and mods...and then reinstall them
    when u install into the future... and it gives u the patch prompt say Hells Nah!
    I only uninstalled the base game and then reinstalled the digital download version. Didn't bother with the EPs. Then I installed ITF. My game works fine (mostly).
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    chopin27 wrote:
    @ChelleB24
    You got the "Graphics Device not in database" messages, did you try to fix it?
    If not,
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game

Nope, didn't work.
  • Options
    pak_eapak_ea Posts: 262 New Member
    edited November 2013
    i actually noticed performance improvement with ITF. There are bugs of course, but i haven't noticed any worsen stability issues.

Island Paradise was a crash fest though, i quickly moved out of Isla Paradiso after a few days of gameplay. Crashing way too much.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I manage to get my game to work. Not sure what was causing it, but the culprit was a file in my Sims 3 folder. Luckily, I backed up this folder a few days ago, so I deleted the one the game was using and let it create a new one then transferred over the folders I wanted back in the game (Saves, SavedSims, DCCache, Mods, etc.)So the worse I suffered was losing some of the new CC I installed into the game before deleting the original sims 3 folder.

It's running fine now.
  • Options
    prettyJ34prettyJ34 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited November 2013
    im having the same problem too after installing the **** patch and everytime i change my sims woredrobe it crashes i called ea one rep says its my graphics which she didnt know what she was talking about and the next one updated my harddrive and still nothing i keep unnistalling into the fure but the problem persist i dont know hwta tp do anymore im about to unnistall everytthing or give up playing for now very disapointed in ea making patches that make your computer worse!!
  • Options
    JessieNWombleJessieNWomble Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Duplicate
  • Options
    JessieNWombleJessieNWomble Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Hello all i havent had issues with crashing, yet.But i have had a big issue with the Almanac of time not working. I dont use mods or cheats and every family i have created cannot use the almanac of time after a little while of playing. hope they fix this issue as well.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited November 2013
    i dont need patch my game is a 100% sorry fot those who are having issues