Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Register game

I am having issues with registering this expansion to this site. I bought my copy online and per usual, went to my page and input the code to register Into the Future only to get that good ol error message "Code is Invalid". It's not showing up on My Page as registered at all.

I know that this is a standing issue since Origin is suppose to register any game to the site and quite frankly, I am getting beyond irritated with this. Before suggesting contacting Customer Support, I already tried and it's not an option.

For whatever reason, my Origin account ALWAYS fails at logging in to EA Help (and I have already talked over this matter with their CS and they couldn't figure out why this was happening). I also tried calling the phone line and it just gave me some automated message to visit the Help Site.

Help please. This is beyond frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2013
    all I know is to call CS.... so why isn't that an option, can't you call them buy phone where you live?

any way my game was 3-5 tries before it registred..... and I got the same messege... so maybe try again (don't know how many times you tried)

who sold the game to you? if not origin you could contact the one selling it.... hmm

really not much we can do.

you could try to clean your browser of ******* and restart your computer... or using a difrent browser....

sorry I can't help more.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    If you ordered a digital download from Origin, it should auto-register. Might take a day or two for it to show up on your MyPage, but it should be registered the moment you install it.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    ChelleB24ChelleB24 Posts: 99 Member
    edited November 2013
    I stated already that calling them just results in an automated message that tells you to visit the Help site to contact a Rep, but like I said, my Origin account for some weird reason just doesn't play nice with the Help site. For as long as I can remember, I just cannot log into the Help site and I've tried every option it gives for logging in (Origin account, Facebook login, and PSN login). I've contacted them in the past about this and even their tech couldn't find out why it was happening.

I didn't get a code either to redeem the Quantum Power pack either (I purchased the Limited edition)and I usually got the codes to the LE DLC from registering the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    the automated message, was it a machine or a person... could it be you called outside buisnes hours? or did they close it down in your region (you can see all this with out being lock in on origin page)

did you try what I surgested about cleaning cookies and using a difrent browser?

have you tried creating an extra origin account to get in contact with them?

Nik24X7 is also right it might take a few days to show the icon.
    have you tested if you can downloade the registration content.

Did you buy from origin or a place like amazon? if the later they might be able to help you.

sad at it is, we can't fix this for you, you need EA or the place that sold you the game.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The message when you call EA basically says that you go the Help site and put in a Help ticket and they will call You over you calling Them so there is no wait time (as a way of "improving" customer service"), and then just hangs up on you, but my Origin won't work for me to do so, and yes I tried making a separate account to try and log in and it just won't work for me.

Typical troubleshooting methods I tried before posting in here (clearing cookies/cache/etc). I live in the Midwest and if I'm not mistaken, Customer Service lines don't close until 9pm and I called around 6 and again around 6:30.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited November 2013
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    If you ordered a digital download from Origin, it should auto-register. Might take a day or two for it to show up on your MyPage, but it should be registered the moment you install it.

This is how it should work in theory.. yet, sometimes it doesn't. I have Origin copies of WA and Ambitions and they've never showed up on my page. I don't care about it enough to bother with the hassle of calling customer service.

Also: If I try to manually register those games using the codes sent to me in email, it gives me the "Invalid Code" message.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Nik24X7 wrote:

This is how it should work in theory.. yet, sometimes it doesn't. I have Origin copies of WA and Ambitions and they've never showed up on my page. I don't care about it enough to bother with the hassle of calling customer service.

Also: If I try to manually register those games using the codes sent to me in email, it gives me the "Invalid Code" message.

Yup. Problem I seem to always run into buying EA games digitally and the fact that the Help site rejects any Origin login I have doesn't help at all.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok, the game is showing up under my games now, but I didn't get an email to redeem the Quantum Power pack and it's not showing up in my Purchase History.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ChelleB24 wrote:
    The message when you call EA basically says that you go the Help site and put in a Help ticket and they will call You over you calling Them so there is no wait time (as a way of "improving" customer service"), and then just hangs up on you, but my Origin won't work for me to do so, and yes I tried making a separate account to try and log in and it just won't work for me.

Typical troubleshooting methods I tried before posting in here (clearing cookies/cache/etc). I live in the Midwest and if I'm not mistaken, Customer Service lines don't close until 9pm and I called around 6 and again around 6:30.

Yes classic truble shooting as I didn't know if you had tried it, and not all do.

the origin page not working at all actually sound like when my cousins firewall was to strong to let origin work on her pc....
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm just going to uninstall sims 3 all together. It's way too demanding on resources as it is for a PC game and I don't want to try and use workarounds to solve them because I really don't want to rish messing something up and having to do a complete system restore to fix it.