Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know how to get the Lustrous Entainer Statue?

I can't get any Sims to listen or watch me play the Laser Rhythm-A-Con, I've tried everything.
I went so far as to host a maxed party, put them all in one room, went into build mode and deleted the door, removed the radio, put a All in one bath room in the room and played my Laser Con. They danced, and talked but didn't pay attention to me playing.
I did this for 10 Sims hours, finally gave up and (cheat) ported my self out and left them there, maybe if they get hungry enough they'll listen to some music!

Appreciate any help, also having problem with getting all 10 sprites for the achievement, if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited October 2013
    I've got the very same problem. The sim is married to a musician as well and she does get tips and people stay and watch her play and cheer. the only place where her husband gets tips is at Oasis Landing. This is a vanilla game too which I use to test stuff out before using my real precious save.

I admit I didn't go to the extremes you went through but the thought did cross my mind multiple times. lol.
  • KlutzyKimKlutzyKim Posts: 50 Member
    edited October 2013
    I was having problems getting people to watch or listen to my sim too. I even tried using master controller to switch active households in game so I could command everyone to listen. It didn't work. It was then that I realized that my sim was a teen. Her birthday was the next day but I aged her up early and after doing so, she got the legacy status within a minute of ageing. Could that be your problem?
  • Mev1015Mev1015 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited October 2013
    The sims in the present do not acknowledge the Laser Rhythm a con. They do in the future. I got opportunites to play at award ceremonies etc. in the present. I accepted all of them. I did get the statue for lustrus entertainer. I have celebrities turned off and after getting that statue, got a lot of requests for autographs.
    edited October 2013
    KlutzyKim wrote:
    I was having problems getting people to watch or listen to my sim too. I even tried using master controller to switch active households in game so I could command everyone to listen. It didn't work. It was then that I realized that my sim was a teen. Her birthday was the next day but I aged her up early and after doing so, she got the legacy status within a minute of ageing. Could that be your problem?

My sim is a freshly made CAS sim from a vanilla game that I use for testing purposes only. So I'm certain that aging has nothing to do with it. I play with aging off in this save.
    Mev1015 wrote:
    The sims in the present do not acknowledge the Laser Rhythm a con. They do in the future. I got opportunites to play at award ceremonies etc. in the present. I accepted all of them. I did get the statue for lustrus entertainer. I have celebrities turned off and after getting that statue, got a lot of requests for autographs.

I see so even when sims don't acknowledge the rhythm-a-con in the present, if you accept the opportunities to play for audiences in the present you'll get the statue? Or can I throw a party, let the sim play and even if the other sims don't acknowledge the sim, I'll get the statue?
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member
    edited October 2013
    My Sims is a young adult, so i don't think age has anything to do with it. It's the same problem that most players are having with the clothing pedestals.
    Present Sims won't look at the clothing to purchase anything, its as though the Laser Con and Pedestal are invisible to them.
    The only thing i haven't tried yet, is introducing some Bots and some future building into the present neighborhood. Maybe add the Bot diner, and some Bot seller pedestals on the lot and see what happens.
    I have all the other statues, so there's something holding me back from achieving these last 2.
    Yes, i tried to cheat for both statues, it didn't work for me either.
  • Mev1015Mev1015 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited October 2013
    n00biityo wrote:
    KlutzyKim wrote:

My sim is a freshly made CAS sim from a vanilla game that I use for testing purposes only. So I'm certain that aging has nothing to do with it. I play with aging off in this save.
    Mev1015 wrote:

I see so even when sims don't acknowledge the rhythm-a-con in the present, if you accept the opportunities to play for audiences in the present you'll get the statue? Or can I throw a party, let the sim play and even if the other sims don't acknowledge the sim, I'll get the statue?

I don't think the party would work. The Sims in the present don't seem to have the ability to see or hear your Sim play. For some reason accepting the "opportunities" does count toward the Sims watching you play. You may have to do a lot of them. I just kept accepting all opportunities to play for award ceremonies etc. I went to the future and bang the music goes off that I have achieved the "Lustrus Entertainer" statue. I'm not sure when I reached enough but I think I had around 20.
    edited October 2013
    Mev1015 wrote:
    *snip*
    I don't think the party would work. The Sims in the present don't seem to have the ability to see or hear your Sim play. For some reason accepting the "opportunities" does count toward the Sims watching you play. You may have to do a lot of them. I just kept accepting all opportunities to play for award ceremonies etc. I went to the future and bang the music goes off that I have achieved the "Lustrus Entertainer" statue. I'm not sure when I reached enough but I think I had around 20.

I usually have the option to suppress opportunity on unfortunately, I'll start playing with it on from now on. Do you have more info on this particular opportunity? I don't think I've seen it before. Someone had amod long, long time ago to increase the chance of opportunities but I don't think it's available anymore. I'll go look for it.

ETA: I would recommend everybody here to post this issue in the official bug thread here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/255/719217.page#11475090
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member
    edited October 2013
    I always keep the opportunities on, extra money comes in handy. And i have done about 6 opportunities already. They don't seem to pop up often though, and I am quite anxious to continue my story in the future so hanging around in the present is becoming boring, of course, I intend to populate the future with quite a lot of mixed Sims, but being in Midnight Hollow and waiting for these opportunities kinda sucks. BTW seeing a bot running around in MH is funny in a weird sort of way!
    edited October 2013
    GUYS! Please report these issues in the bug thread. Crinrict refuses to add this until people report it even though I linked this thread there.

Apparently the bloody thing does work in most people's games so please bring attention to this in the bug thread.
  • DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I put the clothing pedestal in my house and had parties and Sims did get new outfits from it. The interesting thing is as your influence in clothing trend increases Sims start to dress and possibly look like you. I'm playing Sophia Carlton in Twinbrook and changed part of her outfit to future clothes but left her boots and other clothes on and now I have a maid who is wearing those thigh high boots and another Sim with black socks on. The maid also has her beauty mark and wears shades.
    edited October 2013
    DaletheSim wrote:
    I put the clothing pedestal in my house and had parties and Sims did get new outfits from it. The interesting thing is as your influence in clothing trend increases Sims start to dress and possibly look like you. I'm playing Sophia Carlton in Twinbrook and changed part of her outfit to future clothes but left her boots and other clothes on and now I have a maid who is wearing those thigh high boots and another Sim with black socks on. The maid also has her beauty mark and wears shades.

LMAO! It is one thing to copy someone's shoes but their beautymark?! Oh, these crazy sims. I must admit I wasn't interested in this challenge at all but I might try it out eventually.
  • bluebird137bluebird137 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I have not done it yet but I am working on it your sim need level 10 in lazer rhyom-a-on and then have them play to 10 different sims in the present world
    edited October 2013
    I have not done it yet but I am working on it your sim need level 10 in lazer rhyom-a-on and then have them play to 10 different sims in the present world

The problem is that sims in the PRESENT don't acknowledge the rhythm-a-con...

...UNLESS you play it in a Big Park! Apparently it's coded in such a way that it only attracts future sims or any sim in a lot allocated a "Big Park". Thank you so much for kusurusu who helped me out in Crin's bug thread. I didn't have to finish those pesky opportunities, I just sent my sim to the park and had him perfor after the simfest was done and in a matter of real life minutes I heard the completed sound and Emit appeared. YES! Please spread the word.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited November 2013
    n00biityo wrote:

...UNLESS you play it in a Big Park! Apparently it's coded in such a way that it only attracts future sims or any sim in a lot allocated a "Big Park". Thank you so much for kusurusu who helped me out in Crin's bug thread. I didn't have to finish those pesky opportunities, I just sent my sim to the park and had him perfor after the simfest was done and in a matter of real life minutes I heard the completed sound and Emit appeared. YES! Please spread the word.

I have been trying to achieve this, too! I've had my Sim go to places where Sims generally gather ie the Festival grounds to play his Rhythm-a-con. I've had a few present day Sims stop and watch, so they can and do pay attention. I decided to check his journal under the Rhythm-a-con skill panel and it states he's performed with the instrument six times. I finally got an Opportunity for this, but he must learn a new song. :shock: He's learned all of them and has 100% compositions known. Thank you for spreading the news about the Big Park. I'll try this one, next. He's already a Vocal Legend in the present and I thought having him as a lustrous Entertainer would be cool. He's also a virtuoso, and the Opportunity said something about that, too. Made it sound as if he had to absolutely master all of the compositions. Yet, he apparently has. I was going to have him play each one a few times to see if that helped. But, if the Big Park doesn't work out, at least I've got Plan B … :?

Wish me luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited November 2013
    n00biityo wrote:

I have been trying to achieve this, too! I've had my Sim go to places where Sims generally gather ie the Festival grounds to play his Rhythm-a-con. I've had a few present day Sims stop and watch, so they can and do pay attention. I decided to check his journal under the Rhythm-a-con skill panel and it states he's performed with the instrument six times. I finally got an Opportunity for this, but he must learn a new song. :shock: He's learned all of them and has 100% compositions known. Thank you for spreading the news about the Big Park. I'll try this one, next. He's already a Vocal Legend in the present and I thought having him as a lustrous Entertainer would be cool. He's also a virtuoso, and the Opportunity said something about that, too. Made it sound as if he had to absolutely master all of the compositions. Yet, he apparently has. I was going to have him play each one a few times to see if that helped. But, if the Big Park doesn't work out, at least I've got Plan B … :?

Wish me luck!

UPDATE: I'm so jazzed right now! It was evening in my game when I launched it today. I had my Sim finish his gig. The next morning I sent him over to the Big Park and had him perform on the Rhythm-a-con. I chose one of the Master tracks. He wasn't playing all that long when presto! Emit arrived, as stated by another poster. The message was that Eirik had become a Lustrous Entertainer. Way cool. I'm stoked. Not only that, but he garnered another steady gig with his performance from the evening before. At the Ultimate Venue. Things are looking up for Eirik. :lol:

Many thanks for the tips in this thread!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    edited November 2013
    Eirik Cantrell, Vocal Legend, in the Present …

screenshot_original.jpg

Eirik Cantrell, Lustrous Entertainer, as seen by all in the Future:

screenshot_original.jpg

• WhantSomeEggsWhantSomeEggs Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi, this is the first time I've posted :-) There's a spot in the skills journal for laser rhythma-con that keeps track of how many different sims have watched you play, and I hit the 10 mark after playing in the parks, but nothing happened. This happened to me with the plumbot pioneer statue as well, I had to give sentience twice for some reason. Anyway, my question is do 10 sims have to be listening to me at simultaneously? The way it was worded seemed like it didn't have to be, and as all stated they don't pay attention to you outside parks in the present. Most of my town hangs out outside the grocery store for some reason, and I get ignored. :roll:
    edited November 2013
    Sorry I think I answered my own question. It triggered after I hit 17, and I can only speculate that the 7 members of the sim in questions' household didn't count. Of course that would be just too easy then I guess. :lol:
    edited November 2013
    Hi, this is the first time I've posted :-) There's a spot in the skills journal for laser rhythma-con that keeps track of how many different sims have watched you play, and I hit the 10 mark after playing in the parks, but nothing happened. This happened to me with the plumbot pioneer statue as well, I had to give sentience twice for some reason. Anyway, my question is do 10 sims have to be listening to me at simultaneously? The way it was worded seemed like it didn't have to be, and as all stated they don't pay attention to you outside parks in the present. Most of my town hangs out outside the grocery store for some reason, and I get ignored. :roll:

Welcome to the boards! After reading through this thread and seeing another player suggest your Sim must play at a lot designated as a Big Park, my singer finally achieved the Lustrous Entertainer! The only thing I saw on his journal under the skill for Rhythm-a-con was that he had performed six times. I didn't see anywhere where it broke it down by individual Sims. I just kept having him play local spots around the town where Sims gather. Once I took him over to the Performance Park (which is designated Big Park) voila! Up comes the chimes of success and Emit appears. I was so excited, as you can probably tell by the images I posted of my Sim, above.
    edited November 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg

Yeah, I was worried Lydis was never going to get it due to a bug of whatever sort. I get carried away with myself. And, thanks! :mrgreen:
    edited November 2013
    [img]Yeah, I was worried Lydis was never going to get it due to a bug of whatever sort. I get carried away with myself. And, thanks! :mrgreen:[/img]

Congrats! Awesome, isn't it?
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited November 2013
    So glad I ran across this thread! My Ursula just rolled the wish to get her legacy statue in the OL park.

Bookmarking this thread for referencing. :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    My Sim managed to get the statue, but for the life of me, I have no idea how. He mastered Level 10 of playing the laser rhythm-a-con (or whatever it's called) and managed to attract quite a crowd while performing at the community center in Oasis Landing. When I had him return home to Midnight Hollow, he didn't attract very many people. But upon returning to Oasis Landing, he was memorialized with statue.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just a note: For those of you with Supernatural, in 🐸🐸🐸🐸, the crowd at night in the vampire lounge building just loves the laser rhythma-con. My Plumbot playing it there got tons of tips -- much more than even a large park. Of course, if you are playing a regular sim, you'll need to watch out for the overly-friendly vamps. ;)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited November 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    Just a note: For those of you with Supernatural, in 🐸🐸🐸🐸, the crowd at night in the vampire lounge building just loves the laser rhythma-con. My Plumbot playing it there got tons of tips -- much more than even a large park. Of course, if you are playing a regular sim, you'll need to watch out for the overly-friendly vamps. ;)

Great tip! Gotta try it. :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top