Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Redemption instructions for pre-odered the Sims 3 Into The Future Bonus Content - Please read.

Comments

• midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well I bought the physical DVD £30.00 limited edition, what I got inside was a cosmetic set and the Quanttum Power Pack. I entered the codes download and low and behold the special edition content is borked, what the hell. I am annoyed, before you ask no mods fresh clean install fully updated, so EA whats the excuse this time?
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited October 2013
    I received my codes in the same email that notified me that my Origin download of Into the Future was available. However, both codes are not being accepted in the download area of the Store. The message I get is that they are invalid codes. I have tried switching them around and also tried using my game code, and still receive the invalid code message.

Edit: I entered Origin's live chat with a very helpful CS Agent who ended up downloading the items for me using my codes. After that they showed up in my Purchase History so I was able to add them into my game. Yay! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • eickley8472eickley8472 Posts: 134 Member
    edited October 2013
    You know if Orgin is still selling the Limited Ed? I like to but it from them but don't see a Limited Ed and would love to get the Orgin Bonus gear and the Limited Gear. If they are selling it then for how long?
  • LiljnaLiljna Posts: 19 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Did anyone actually ever get an email from Amazon with the code for the Quantum Power Pack? SimguruRuski said Amazon should have sent them a couple of days ago, but I still haven't gotten it.

Is the best strategy to wait for the Amazon email, to get in touch with Amazon customer service, or to get in touch with Origin customer service (on the off chance they can do something)?

I have received nothing from Amazon, but I did contact EA customer support and got my code for the Quantum Power pack from them.
    I just realized today that Amazon is also missing the code for Celtic Lands in their Dragon Valley digital download.
    I think I will stop shopping sims 3 at amazon for now. It is simply not worth the hazzle.
    But do try out EA support, they actually seem keen to help compared to Amazon (yes yes, I'm a tad bitter, I will get over it :) )

• jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited October 2013
    I contacted Origin today via chat. Because I had not received my code for the Dark Industrial set. After about 5 minutes in chat I got my code.
  • krisj83krisj83 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2013
    never recieved my codes for both sets :-s
  • jeLlyBeAn1573jeLlyBeAn1573 Posts: 755 Member
    edited November 2013
    Where is Live chat? I clicked on contact a game advisor and I answered all the questions but it never let me talk to anyone. It just spit me out into the AnswerHQ :(
  • jeLlyBeAn1573jeLlyBeAn1573 Posts: 755 Member
    edited November 2013
    Alright! I am posting this because I just found my code for the dark industrial set. It was actually in my order receipt instead of a separate email. I think I remember that it use to come in its own email on release date which is what confused me. Hopefully this helps some people :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited November 2013
    jenny0786 wrote:
    I still HAVE NOT received the code of the Dark Industrial Set. I PRE ordered 2 Physical copies from ORIGIN.COM. One for me and one as a gift for a dear friend. I would love to have this set as I have a build that this would go great in!

This is my exact situation! :? I pre-ordered 2 physical copies and have been waiting for an email from Origin with the codes for the Dark Industrial set. :x

jenny0786 wrote:
    I contacted Origin today via chat. Because I had not received my code for the Dark Industrial set. After about 5 minutes in chat I got my code.

....but it looks like I'll have to do what you did if I ever want that Dark Industrial set! :x Thank goodness this series is OVER & I won't have to go through this again. :evil:
  • dawnhousemandawnhouseman Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I pre-ordered Into the Future through Origin and did receive my codes for the Quantum Power Pack and the Dark Industrial Set. But when I go to redeem my codes it comes back saying invalid code. Don't know what to do and very frustrated. Want my items for pre-ordering the game.
  • WinxSimerWinxSimer Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I ordered Into the Future from the Origin Website on the 23rd (I'm Australian, but that shouldn't stop the limited edition and origin content) but I am trying to redeem the codes through the "Preload Now Available" and the "Preorder Now Available". However it keeps telling me I have submitted an invalid code. This is appearing on both the Dark INdustrial set, and the Quantum Power Pack. I would really like these codes - especially since this isn't the first time this happened and even then it wasn't resolved. :cry:
    edited November 2013
    I pre-ordered Into the Future through Origin and did receive my codes for the Quantum Power Pack and the Dark Industrial Set. But when I go to redeem my codes it comes back saying invalid code. Don't know what to do and very frustrated. Want my items for pre-ordering the game.

Yeah, me too!
    edited November 2013
    EVERY BODY! TAKE NOTE!

When typing in your code, just copy and paste it from the email - but make sure to not have a space at the end. It's what causes the "invalid" message - you know, unless you actually typed the wrong code in...

Hope I helped!

#Edit: You get the code from your "Preload/Preoder Now Available" email that you got when the game was released in your area.
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    edited November 2013
    I Registered Sims 3 limited edition Future and I never received the Code for Dark Steampunk Free objects. I am UK and pre-ordered via grainger games. Could you please send me my code via e-mail.

With Thanks
  • WILLAFFLECKWILLAFFLECK Posts: 13 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Doesn't show Into The Future even though I preordered it from Origin AND DOWNLOADED and installed it. Something is wrong.

Sorry to ask, I'm trying to picture your case.

So you got from origin, you see the game in the My games tab in origin.
    but you logged in with the same account in this site and you don't see your game icon on my page?

Do you see a system message saying you are registered as well?
    thanks

It shows Into The Future which I can play but even though Origin transactions shows the two parts it does NOT have either content download - does not show up. Which gives me a Vanilla Into The Future.
  • WILLAFFLECKWILLAFFLECK Posts: 13 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I also get the error code when I try to type it in as well. Could be it "thinks" I have vanilla ITF already but does not do either the Quantum Power Pack or the Dark addons (which have four part 4letter codes not five part 4letter codes)
  • dawnhousemandawnhouseman Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2013
    WinxSimer wrote:
    EVERY BODY! TAKE NOTE!

When typing in your code, just copy and paste it from the email - but make sure to not have a space at the end. It's what causes the "invalid" message - you know, unless you actually typed the wrong code in...

Hope I helped!

#Edit: You get the code from your "Preload/Preoder Now Available" email that you got when the game was released in your area.

Thank you so much!!! The codes finally went through by taking out the space.
  • igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited November 2013
    Finally got my codes for the "Dark Industrial Set". :D Had to go through live chat to get them. :-o Wish we didn't have to go through all this trouble to get what we ordered & paid for. :?
  • tamarag1964tamarag1964 Posts: 34 Member
    edited November 2013
    I pre-ordered the game too but I never got an email. At first I just thought it was the product code, but the site said, "This code has already been used". Now I have no idea what to do next, so does anybody know what I should do?
  • NoirranNoirran Posts: 393 Member
    edited November 2013
    I had given up on this, I had ordered through Amazon and gone through both customer services to no avail. Today I was emailed the codes by Amazon. So to whomever behind the scenes straightened this mess out, Thank You.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited November 2013
    :D I pre-ordered through Origin and got tired of waiting as I figured that no code by now means I'm not going to get one without contacting them. So, I went on live chat on this site under help. He/she asked the problem and I told him/her. They asked for my order number, which is at the top of the page that Origin sent me when they said my game was on the way. I gave the number and got my code; just downloaded the set. It was easy after contacting them. I would suggest that if you don't have the code to contact them. Glad to get that out of the way so easily. Good luck all.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited November 2013
    I pre-ordered the game too but I never got an email. At first I just thought it was the product code, but the site said, "This code has already been used". Now I have no idea what to do next, so does anybody know what I should do?

Did you make sure that there were no blank spaces as the people above had problems with? If that isn't the problem, then I would live chat them and ask. Good luck.
  • PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited November 2013
    WinxSimer wrote:
    EVERY BODY! TAKE NOTE!

Hope I helped!

This info has saved me grey hairs and baldness :mrgreen:
  • YourLoversLoverYourLoversLover Posts: 266 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Uh, what is a quantum power pack? And, the answer is probably no, but is there a way you can buy it if you didn't preorder the game?
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited November 2013
    you bought your game in origin you dont need to re-register. you are already registered.

Posted this in the My Page issues thread, but it's relevant to this thread so here it is again:
    GreenCats wrote:
    Despite this, I have to contact Customer Service every single time (including for the latest ITF release) to get a new serial code. I always buy through Origin, so new games are meant to be automatically registered to the website, but something is obviously not working with this because my new game icons never appear on my My Page, even weeks after release. I know it's a minor issue, but it's annoying to have to go into Live Chat every time you guys put out a new title.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top