Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High End Gaming computer graphic look a bit choopy

I just built my own computer last week and the sims 3 is running great maxed out. My only problem is that the letters and some other things aren't very smooth and look blocky. I have all settings maxed so it's not the settings. I even got a HQ mod and that did nothing for the blocky things. I want to fix this and make my game look the best it can.
specs
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB (it's supported)

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    hey cutie9676

is it possible to post a screen shot of issue - also re HQ mod did test the game before adding the mod?

and for amd if you havent yet see if the following settings help
    so open your catalyst control center -

1) select under preference standard view
    select gaming/gaming performance/standard 3d setting - select custom settings and drag option to quality

2) now go to preference advance view
    select gaming/3d app settings
    under anti aliasing mode - select use application settings
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I tired the first one and the second wasn't need because my card is already supported. Here is a screenshot of the problem

2a42oh.jpg

You can see the letters are choppy and it's just the letters. I know my graphics can look better I just don't how to do it.
  • iDiruiDiru Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Judging by the pic it is your resolution. Fool around with it a bit and it should fix it's self.
    I don't know what resolution you need to put it on. You're just gonna have to find out yourself.
    edited October 2013
    I have tested the problem on two different monitors one in 1080p and the other in 1024 x 768 and they both have the choppy graphics
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited October 2013
    It does look like a resolution problem.. have you got the same resolution set in your game the same as it's set in windows?
    Also what windows are you running? 7 or 8?
    I know windows 8 had a problem with blurry font after the service pack.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

edited October 2013
    Yes on both monitors the game is set to the max of the each monitor. I have windows 8.1 I think that might be it
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited October 2013
    cutie9676 wrote:
    Yes on both monitors the game is set to the max of the each monitor. I have windows 8.1 I think that might be it

Here look at this link :

http://www.askvg.com/fix-bold-blurry-or-hard-to-read-font-problem-in-windows-8-1/

When i upgraded to 8.1 i had the same problem.. i kind of freaked out but then realized it was a common problem and easy to fix :)

Also see if ATI have a update for your drivers.. it might need an aupdate after 8.1.
    I know nvidia had a driver around that time.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide