Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited September 2013
    The African Queen is stunning! :D I have never thought about doing an African themed houseboat!
    The way you have used colours and patterns like the zebra stripes really help create the African vibe here! :mrgreen: I especially love the living room! The amount of recolouring here is so clear, and the effort you put in to get the theme really shines through!

Rec'd! :thumbup:

Thank you so much Wildeatheart (love your name by the way). Glad you were impressed with my houseboat, I was hoping that the African style came through so thank you for telling me that. And thanks for the rec! :-)
    edited September 2022
    RETRO RANCH, residential 30x30 lot, 10/26/13

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    nice little home
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Ash89Ash89 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited October 2013
    @Sandraelle
    Um....well.... yep, it still looks great on here! :-D

-Ash
    QA8gxZg.png
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2013
    Great job with the ranch. :D It looks so realisitic! Love the pool shape! So cool! The backyard with the play area looks beautiful. Love the interiors. That rug in the living room looks gorgeous. Goes so well with the painting. Love the double bedroom and the dining area. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Great to see you building again Sandraelle! *Hugs* :D
    edited October 2013
    Thank you Anetteb, Bob89 (Ash) and Yanti. I appreciate you stopping by to check out my thread and appreciate your comments.

And I'm glad you like my pool shape Yanti. I remember the kidney shaped pools used to be so popular. I still have 3 more lots that I've already completed, but have been too busy to upload them, do the pictures and post. Every time I think I have time, another cool building contest comes along, lol.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited October 2013
    Retro Ranch is a great home. :) You have recreated the house from the picture very well.Great furnishing of the house to a retro 60's theme. Nice shades of blue and orange that you have used in the living room. The patterning on the mat and the picture on the wall look great with the 60's theme of the house and the colours you have used. It looks great the way you have done the fireplace wall, having the brickwork wall and the 2 bookcases either side. The orange picture above the fireplace looks good, and nice way you have placed the items on the top of the bookcases. The room looks a good place to sit and have a chat, watch tv, and be kept warm by the fire. The 3 starry wall items around the back of the tv look great. Great design of the kitchen and eat in dining area there. The recolored jars on the counter, the blinds you have used and the pattern on the wall look great. Nice shade of aqua that you used for the counters. It looks a friendly and happy place to dine with how you have placed the chairs around the circular table. The apron hanging on the wall is a nice touch. Nice furnishing of the master bedroom. The brick wall behind the bed looks great. Nice sitting area near the window for sims to relax and perhaps read a book with the sunlight coming in on them. Nice touches with the clock and the photo frame on the side tables either side of the bed. The dresser nook looks great.The indoor plants look great how you have placed them. Great walk in closet. It looks great how you have the clothes rack there, and the sports t shirts on the wall. The shelves of shoes look great. The pink and purple nursery looks nice and bright for little sims to enjoy sleeping and playing there. The heart patterned blinds looks great. The teddy is cute in the cot, and the toys on the floor are are fun for the little sims to see and play with. Great aeroplane themed boys bedroom. It looks great how the various toys are scattered over the floor, just where the boy has left hem! The way you have done the study desk section of the room is great. Great basement level. It looks great how you have set up the bar area, with the counters and bar stools. The jug on the counter, the towel on the wall and having a sink there looks great. Great use of the area under the stairs for little sims to have fun playing with their toys. Sims will have fun playing the various types of games there, as well as listening to the music from the juke box. Great outdoors pool area. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the loungers poolside or have fun swimming. It looks nice how you have done the flowers along the sides of this pool area. Child sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment or climbing their treehouse. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outdoors.
    It is a great home! :)
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited October 2013
    I've been lurking around Bob89's comp thread in GG. I think you got it spot on. The exterior looks exactly like the picture and the retro interior matches it perfectly. Rec'd.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi Sandraelle! Your Retro Ranch is fantastic! Really nice work with the colors and decor choices. Very retro. Your home looks exactly like the inspiration photo! The outdoor area and landscaping are really lovely! Good luck in the contest! Rec'd. :D
    edited October 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Retro Ranch is a great home. :) You have recreated the house from the picture very well.Great furnishing of the house to a retro 60's theme. Nice shades of blue and orange that you have used in the living room. The patterning on the mat and the picture on the wall look great with the 60's theme of the house and the colours you have used. It looks great the way you have done the fireplace wall, having the brickwork wall and the 2 bookcases either side. The orange picture above the fireplace looks good, and nice way you have placed the items on the top of the bookcases. The room looks a good place to sit and have a chat, watch tv, and be kept warm by the fire. The 3 starry wall items around the back of the tv look great. Great design of the kitchen and eat in dining area there. The recolored jars on the counter, the blinds you have used and the pattern on the wall look great. Nice shade of aqua that you used for the counters. It looks a friendly and happy place to dine with how you have placed the chairs around the circular table. The apron hanging on the wall is a nice touch. Nice furnishing of the master bedroom. The brick wall behind the bed looks great. Nice sitting area near the window for sims to relax and perhaps read a book with the sunlight coming in on them. Nice touches with the clock and the photo frame on the side tables either side of the bed. The dresser nook looks great.The indoor plants look great how you have placed them. Great walk in closet. It looks great how you have the clothes rack there, and the sports t shirts on the wall. The shelves of shoes look great. The pink and purple nursery looks nice and bright for little sims to enjoy sleeping and playing there. The heart patterned blinds looks great. The teddy is cute in the cot, and the toys on the floor are are fun for the little sims to see and play with. Great aeroplane themed boys bedroom. It looks great how the various toys are scattered over the floor, just where the boy has left hem! The way you have done the study desk section of the room is great. Great basement level. It looks great how you have set up the bar area, with the counters and bar stools. The jug on the counter, the towel on the wall and having a sink there looks great. Great use of the area under the stairs for little sims to have fun playing with their toys. Sims will have fun playing the various types of games there, as well as listening to the music from the juke box. Great outdoors pool area. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the loungers poolside or have fun swimming. It looks nice how you have done the flowers along the sides of this pool area. Child sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment or climbing their treehouse. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outdoors.
    It is a great home! :)

Thanks so much Rosemow for your detailed comments, I always love reading your thoughts on my creations and enjoy reading what you write about other builds as well. I hope you are doing well. Thanks again! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited October 2013
    I've been lurking around Bob89's comp thread in GG. I think you got it spot on. The exterior looks exactly like the picture and the retro interior matches it perfectly. Rec'd.

Hey walkingstick, thanks for dropping in and liking the house. I was a bit frustrated with the smaller bedroom windows though....not many windows fit with those shutters unfortunately. I wanted something a bit wider, but it wouldn't work right. This is my first retro house, so I'm glad you liked the interiors. And thanks for the rec!
    edited October 2013
    Hi Sandraelle! Your Retro Ranch is fantastic! Really nice work with the colors and decor choices. Very retro. Your home looks exactly like the inspiration photo! The outdoor area and landscaping are really lovely! Good luck in the contest! Rec'd. :D

Hi Cath, thank you so much for such nice comments. I think the competition will be stiff as the sneak peeks in that contest so far are all so good. And I appreciate the rec. Have a great day! :lol:
    edited September 2022
    BUDGET BACHELOR PAD, 15x10 residential lot, 10/28/13

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    Very nice little lot

I can defently see a single male sim living there... though I can't realy woohoo any potential dates in the bed (so wish sims could use a double bed to the full even located like this... we can in real life...)

defently a nice little build....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited October 2013
    Your Budget Bachelor Pad is a great starter home. :) Great exterior of it. The roof and the brickwork look great. Nice way you have done the white flowers at the front of the house, and the bone footpath leading up to the front door looks good. The sim who lives there will enjoy spending time outside on the patio cooking on the bbq and eating outdoors. Nice to have the nearby fountain feature to see whilst cooking/eating/sitting there.The pot plant in the corner of this area looks great. It looks nice how you have done the flowers at the other side of the water feature and have enclosed the area with a patterned wall. Great furnishing of the interior. The patterns you have used look great. The floor pattern looks good. It looks great the way you have done the chequer pattern on the wall of the kitchen behind the fridge/oven and then have the other stripe patterns on the other walls. Great bar stools eat in counter. The sofa looks a comfortable place to relax on and for sims to enjoy watching some tv. Great shades of colour you have used to suit the manly theme of the build. Great pattern you used for the mat in the bedroom, and it looks great that you have angled it on the floor. The wall pictures behind the bed look good. Great to have a study desk for sims to catch up on work and also have fun on the computer.
    It is a great starter home!
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited October 2013
    These are wonderful, Sandra!

Love the colors and interiors in each. I'm crazy about the shade or fiery orange in the ranch home! It pops!

Recd both!
    T
    edited October 2013
    What a cute mini build Sandraelle! :D Loving the brick and the cosy interiors. Love that little outside area for BBQ with the fountain. Recommended. Great starter home. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited October 2013
    Thank you all for visiting!!

@anettesb = Thank you! Yeah, it would be a little cramped for more than one sim. Too funny about your woohoo comment!

@Rosemow = You are so sweet to take so much time conveying your observations about my builds. Thank you so much!

@Taryn = Thank you sweetie! Glad you liked the color scheme. It’s funny because I’ve come to notice that I use a lot of bright colors in my builds, versus pale shades, lol. And thank you for the recs on both. :-)

@Yanti = Thank you, it certainly is a mini build huh? Don’t think I’ve ever used that small of a lot before. Glad you liked and thank you for the rec.
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi Sandraelle. I really like your newest creations, the first is really cool and It looks so real. You did a great job on the interiors. I do really love the double bedroom and the living room.

The second build is so charming. Love the brick on the exterior and all the gold and black on the interior. The little breezeway is a nice effect and bring everything together so well. Two fabulous builds!! Rec'd both. ;)
    edited October 2013
    NiniBeMe69 wrote:
    Hi Sandraelle. I really like your newest creations, the first is really cool and It looks so real. You did a great job on the interiors. I do really love the double bedroom and the living room.

The second build is so charming. Love the brick on the exterior and all the gold and black on the interior. The little breezeway is a nice effect and bring everything together so well. Two fabulous builds!! Rec'd both. ;)

Thank you very much Nini and I appreciate the recs too! :mrgreen:
    edited February 15
    THE COTTONWOOD, 60x60 residential lot, 11/16/13

PICTURES

This house was created for Bob89's "Design That Home, Challenge 1B" contest. There was no lot size restriction and no budget (my kind of build!!!)

The requirements--to build a home with a modern interior with 4 BDR/6BA, a formal living and dining room, a kitchen nook, a playroom on the 3rd floor, an office, a large entry hall, an outdoor kitchen and outdoor fireplace. This picture was our challenge:

YcYhhi6.jpg

This large family home also features two indoor fireplaces, two family rooms, a large nature styled pool, a covered hot tub, a children’s play area in the backyard, laundry room, and a separate 2-car garage. The expansive foyer consists of a beautiful fountain and plants at the entrance and a staircase with hallways on either side....one side leads to the office and guest bedroom, the other side will lead you into the living/dining room and a family room. The Master suite consists of a large bath with a walk-in shower and a walk-in closet. The first floor bathroom has an outdoor entrance for easy access to the pool and hot tub. I named this house for the several cottonwood trees on the lot.

UQTSeos.jpg
    edited November 2013
    I thought that I would copy and paste what I wrote on the contest thread here with this being your showcase thread.
    The Cottonwood is a very nice home . :) It looks great how you have brought the real life home into simgame form. Very nice exterior of it. It looks very nice how you have done the flowers and plants at the front entrance to the home either side of the steps in the sculpture containers, and in the square plant boxes. Nice how you have done the plants/flowers along the front edges of the home and pathway. The tree in the middle outside the 2 car garage looks good. Very nice back outdoors living area. Nice pool area. It looks great how you have the water feature in the middle of the pool and have the rock water fountain on the side. Sims will like relaxing poolside on the loungers. It is great that you have placed the tables between each of the 2 loungers. The paving looks great. Great covered over hot tub area. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub there. It looks great how you have the steps leading up the hot tub. Nice way you have placed the stone kerbing around the edges of the flowers/plants. Sims will like relaxing on the loungers on the back patio. Great covered over outdoors kitchen area. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq, or using the woodstove oven to cook up a meal. It looks great how you have set up this area with the counters. The lights on the wall look good and would be great for sims when cooking at night. Sims will enjoy eating their food at the bar stool counter area or enjoy dining on the tables and chairs. Great type of dining chairs/table /stools that you used which suit the outdoors eating setting. Nice firepit and fireplace area. Great way you have placed the seats there. Sims will enjoy sitting there chatting and the fires will keep them warm if the weather is cool. Sims will have fun swinging on the swings and jumping on the trampoline that are nearby. Nice photos of your build at night time. It looks very nice. Nice furnishing of the interior. Great layout of the rooms/areas of the house. The water fountain/rock/plant feature in the foyer looks great. Great way you have furnished the living and dining room. Sims will like sitting on the arm chairs nearby the white grand piano and listening to the music being played. The vase of flowers on the table in between the armchairs looks great. Nice way you have set up the sofas and arm chairs for sims to sit and relax on. The black/white patterning of the chairs looks good. Great way you have done the corner of 2 bookcases. Sims will like sitting on the seating in this room and having a read of a book from the bookcase. Nice dining area. Great to have the drink trolley there, and the domed mirror with the wall décor either side looks great. The plant in the corner is a nice natural touch. Nice shades of brown that you have used for the living/dining area walls and furnishings. Great design of the kitchen. The bar stool counter is great, and great texture you have used for the counter tops. The fruit décor are nice touches there. Great corner counters/cabinets area. Nice kitchen eating nook near the windows. It would be a nice light place for sims to enjoy a meal with the sunlight coming in through the nearby windows. The flowers on the table are nice and great patterned mat underneath the table. Great way you have placed the sofas in the family room. It looks a great room for families to gather together and relax on the sofas and have a chat or watch the tv. It looks great how you have done the shelves/tv feature wall section! It looks great how you have placed the shelves, the tv , the counters and the wall décor. Great wall area to look at whilst sims are watching tv. Great corner chess area for sims to have fun playing chess and building up logic skill. Nice pattern you have used for the curtains and sofas here. Great wall section in the office with how you have placed the shelf ,bookcases and counters..Great window sitting areas in the office. It looks great how you have placed the curtains over the windows at the back of the longer sofa seat, and great nook area with the lounger to relax in. Great grey/white wall pattern you have used there. Nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The tree print on the wall on the guest bedroom looks great . Great brown and white colour scheme that you have used. It looks great how you have carried over the colour scheme into the accompanying bathroom. Great floor textures that you have used in the first floor bathroom that leads out to the pool. Great way you have used the 2nd floor landing areas as a tv and workout area. The curved sofas looks great. Sims will like watching the tv whilst using the treadmill. The mat pattern looks good. Nice shade of purple that you used in the master bedroom, and nice furnishing of it. The plant in the corner is a nice touch. Nice window sitting area there for sims to relax in the seats . The striped pattern of the seats looks good. It looks great that you have placed the ***** on the descending levels of the dresser. Great master closet. It looks great how you have the clothes and shoes racks there. It looks great how you have done the shower in the master bathroom. Nice way you have set up the tub area. The large purple rose on the wall of the bath tub area looks great. The pot of flowers looks nice. Great floor texture. The pictures on the walls of the hallway on the kids bedrooms are great for sims to see as they walk through. Nice shade of colour and castle bed patterns you have used in the girls bedroom and bathroom. The crown drape behind the bed in the girls bedroom looks nice, and great window sitting area. Nice pattterned mat you have placed under the bed. Great furnishing of this bedroom as well as the boys bedroom. It looks great how you have separated off the bunkbed area of the boys bedroom. The bubble windows on the wall looks great. Great dog theme of the bedroom, and the dog picture in the accompanying bathroom looks good. Nice bright and fun playroom area for the little child sims to have fun spending time playing there. The green and purple colour scheme and floorpattern look great. The bird and tree print on the walls look great and sims will enjoying sitting on the beanbags watching tv. The animal seats and bear sofa look cute. Child sims will have fun playing hopscotch and sliding down the slide indoors! It looks great how you have brought the outside in with the leafy pattern on the walls, the birds/blossoms, the tree picture , the tree wall prints and the green colour. Great setting up of and furnishing of this indoors outside play area for the kids! Great to have the tree bookcase for child sims to have a read of a book from in the reading nook area. Child sims will have fun spending time in this play area of the home. The accompanying colour themed bathroom looks great.
    It is great home, imdoors and outside! :)
    edited November 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Congratulations on winning the contest! :)

Thank you very much Rose!! And thanks for posting your kind and thoughtful comments from the contest thread. I appreciate all of your encouraging words and support! :D
    edited November 2013
    Cottonwood is beautiful Sandraelle! :D The white facade with the grey/black roof looks so classy! :D Beautiful landscaping! Inside, I love the living room, kitchen and dining area. Love that pattern you have used for the sofa. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top