Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From Reddit - Poor guy, it's even worse since last time!

JUTMtCs.jpg

Am I the only one that didn't notice the guys facial expression in this? Classic!

Comments

• EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited October 2013
    Grumpy Sim strikes again XD
    You're too late.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited October 2013
    I hope to God that he is a pre-made,
    I freakin' love him! :mrgreen:
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited October 2013
    I so want to play that family and have that woman talk all the time and have him just be quiet and grump through the day with his pancakes. LOL he always has pancakes.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited October 2013
    I love that he's made a comeback. :D On an unrelated note, that sofa looks really comfortable.
  • SilentDancerSilentDancer Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can imagine the story behind this scene.

The woman on the left could be his girlfriend and they're roommates with the woman in the glasses, she kind of looks like the same lady from the original pancake picture. They invited some girlfriends over and they're all chatting and yapping happily around him, oblivious to the fact that he's trying to watch a sports game, so he just grumpily turns up the volume as loud as he can. XD
    ezgifcom-gif-maker3.gif
    ezgifcom-gif-maker4.gif
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited October 2013
    What worries me is that he's holding the TS3-remote. Makes you wonder how much stuff from TS3 has been recycled...
  • ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013
    I love his expression!! :D

I also love how the 2 sims sitting on either side of him are bending forward to see around the grumpy guy to be able to talk to each other! That's definitely a new animation! Love it!
    edited October 2013
    What worries me is that he's holding the TS3-remote. Makes you wonder how much stuff from TS3 has been recycled...

Next to nothing.

The devs' have stated that everything is new, no recycled stuff, no reh.a.shes. So, although you think that remote looks similar to that in TS3-
    It is entirely new, as they have stated that they've made everything from the ground up.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited October 2013
    Why would that matter? It's a TV remote...

Anyways, I love this picture so much. It looks like it should be a sit-com!
  • ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013

hmm? Why? Sims2 sims "played" Sims on their pc. It would worry me if he was holding a WoW remote more. hahaha
  • SilentDancerSilentDancer Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2013
    Omg, there's a human version of him! He popped up in Google Images when I was searching for the pancake guy. XD

http://i.imgur.com/NfA6CxS.jpg

Edit: I just noticed the guy even drew a little pancakes doodle on the sticky note. Ha!
    ezgifcom-gif-maker3.gif
    ezgifcom-gif-maker4.gif
  • SimGuruMeatballSimGuruMeatball Posts: 314 Member
    edited October 2013
    Fordee09 wrote:

Next to nothing.

The devs' have stated that everything is new, no recycled stuff, no ********. So, although you think that remote looks similar to that in TS3-
    It is entirely new, as they have stated that they've made everything from the ground up.

Actually, she is right :) It is the remote from TS3. But don't worry, it's just a placeholder. If I was aware that they were planning on using it for the image I would have made sure it was the new remote! We often use old assets for testing and as placeholders until we get the final assets in.
    Art Director @ Maxis
    @SimGuruMeatball
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2013
    I just commented about him in another thread. Poor guy just wants them to all shut up so he can enjoy his coffee, pancakes and maybe a little sports on TV but it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Love that pic silentdancer.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    edited October 2013
    Omg, there's a human version of him! He popped up in Google Images when I was searching for the pancake guy. XD

http://i.imgur.com/NfA6CxS.jpg

Edit: I just noticed the guy even drew a little pancakes doodle on the sticky note. Ha!

That's an incredible likeness! I wonder if he is an employee at EA. :lol:
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited October 2013
    "All I want is to eat my pancakes, have my coffee, and watch TV in my jammy jams, in peace." :lol:
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • menudomenudo Posts: 73 Member
    edited October 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    "All I want is to eat my pancakes, have my coffee, and watch TV in my jammy jams, in peace." :lol:

Sounds like something I would say
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    Fordee09 wrote:

Next to nothing.

The devs' have stated that everything is new, no recycled stuff, no ********. So, although you think that remote looks similar to that in TS3-

Actually, she is right :) It is the remote from TS3. But don't worry, it's just a placeholder. If I was aware that they were planning on using it for the image I would have made sure it was the new remote! We often use old assets for testing and as placeholders until we get the final assets in.

Thank you for confirming. Please, tell me the Sim touching the back of the couch will be able to do things like that. It may not be a big deal to some players, but things like that little animation is worth a huge lot to me in the next game. If Sims 'can touch furniture' etc. and or sit like the guy with his legs streched out infront of him, I would be so happy to try out this new game. I have been waiting years to see Sims be able to sit and or stand or lean or touch other things as humans do.

Thanks for commenting. :lol:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    Love that guy, Seems he just can't eat his pancakes.
    Love his look. Looks like he is thinking "Not again, all I want to do is eat my pancakes and watch the football." ha ha in peace that is.
    edited October 2013
    Fordee09 wrote:

Next to nothing.

Ah, I see.
    Thank you for saying something SimGuruMeatball!
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited October 2013
    lol, I know exactly how he feels :P
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited October 2013
    Looks like he's saying will yall shut the heck up ?
    While he simultaneously turns up the volume on the tv....
  • KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited October 2013
    Me thinks that he is not getting as much woohoo and kiss kiss as catloverplayer is! lol
    WsYdHZD.jpg