Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basic Weather

I think that there should be some weather in the base game. Some examples would be some gloominess in the sky, fog, and windiness with some variations such as light fog or heavy fog so that the player won't become bored of the weather. Nothing too drastic like rain or snow. I know that it has already been confirmed that there will be no weather in the base game, but hopefully this will be reconsidered. The game will be released in Fall of 2014, which is a full year away. It probably won't take up too much time in the development process.
ypU37gD.gif
Pricefield forever.
Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared

Comments

• Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited October 2013
    Some weather should be in base game. I think rain and snow should be in Base.

I know a Seasons EP will come out but this is where they add all the weather activity ie skating and snowmen etc.

To not have it is just plain dumb...we have weather we need it from the start not 3 years into the game.
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited October 2013
    gmgar wrote:
    Some weather should be in base game. I think rain and snow should be in Base.

I know a Seasons EP will come out but this is where they add all the weather activity ie skating and snowmen etc.

To not have it is just plain dumb...we have weather we need it from the start not 3 years into the game.

It isn't dumb at all.

It's 'Business'. I know I'd be doing the same if I was one of the head creators/producers of TS4. I think any one of us would do the same in the position of the devs'.

If it means a bigger paycheck for the devs' and the people at EA, then they'll leave it outta' the BG completely!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes I know it is business but we have weather and it is odd not to see it in game.
  • Options
    Blue9iteBlue9ite Posts: 44
    edited October 2013
    gmgar wrote:

Agreed. It is getting tiring now with Pets 2/3 and Season 2/3. It was ok on Sims 3 because they introduced new gameplay(live neighborhood)so people were more focused on that. I don't see anything else that will stand out in Sims 4 apart from the design and graphics. There's just not a lot of new features that changes the gameplay.

Even if its business, it can go sour once people realize how predictable the franchise is and might move onto another game instead. Just look at Sims 3, people were more interested in the re make expansion packs(eg. Pets, Seasons, University).
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi :D

But,... sunshine and clouds Are basic weather.

That's fine by me, I like having a game that lasts and expands over the years. I can't believe I'm still playing TS2 and TS3 after all these years. :lol: