Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will they change they're mind about adding weather and seasons to the base game

Even though the sims 4 release date will be fall 2014 so I wonder will they change they're mind about adding weather and seasons to the base game?

Comments

• 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited October 2013
    Nope, Just dont see that happening.
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited October 2013
    No, I don't think they will change they are minds (sorry, I couldn't resist). But I really wish they would :( Weather contributes so much to the game, it changes the atmosphere...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    I certaintly hope so Chester7348.

This is the fourth iteration of 'The Sims' and it seems reduntant and frivolous to not add some basic weather to the base game.

What seems to not make sense is the fact they would add gardening to the base game without weather. That seems so far fetched to me.

How can a Sim garden without Seasons if we want to argue realistic attributes that make sense.

If they want to do it right..then leave out gardening if no rain and or snow or whatever, and add gardening in an EP. Otherwise, yes, the 'fourth' round should be bold, and robust even more so than any other base game don't you think and add weather.

If not then it's just a side step of a game. Much like the new iPads are just side steps and nothing really new as far as a generation of innovative thinking. :wink:

Total Apple fail a no longer leading the pack in coming out with a brand new idea. Much like TS4's repeat of same ole same ole and nothing really new to excite and or regenerize and revolunize the next five years of game play.

If no one understands what I mean, then that is my fault, as looking at the new iPads...I'm thinking barely improved but no new gadget to wow the mulititudes. :lol:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited October 2013
    I doubt they'll add it as long as they think that they'll be able to make money out of the expansion pack.
    Let's hope that the expansion pack is one the first ones.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • darkrogue671darkrogue671 Posts: 13
    edited October 2013
    If they add weather in an expansion, I hope they grasp 3rd grade science better than they did on Sims3 Seasons! I'm tired of thunderstorms on 25 degree days and snow when it's 40 degrees outside. The 5-7 days of rain are ridiculous as well and I had to turn off hail in my game from sheer abuse of that weather phenomenon. If it is going to be anything like that, then I'm all for it not being in the base game! :x
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited October 2013
    They have charged extra for it for what 3 straight games now?

We didn't even get the pool table out the of the gates in TS3.
  • lpmartinlpmartin Posts: 163
    edited October 2013
    I doubt they'll add it as long as they think that they'll be able to make money out of the expansion pack.

Ding! Ding! Ding! You win!

But, seriously, it would be nice if EA would add seasons in the base. But, I seriously doubt it. :(

• MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited October 2013
    No. The game is too far along now.
  • gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited October 2013
    They will not do it just so they can sale a EP

It is just wrong but that is business so what it is greed too.

Well the fact there is no CAS is the reason I am not buying 4...I was willing to live without weather but no create a style ...no go keep your game EA.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2013
    I do not see that that happening because EA/Maxis feels that weather should be available as a EP. I would think that it should be part of the base game but being this is EA/Maxis property they can do what they wish with it. I wish it would be the first EP they create and the fifth or sixth.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    Wasn't weather meant to be a part of Sims 3 but they gave us some story about it being glitchy??

I seriously hope they consider giving us weather in the base game.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    I certaintly hope so Chester7348.

This is the fourth iteration of 'The Sims' and it seems reduntant and frivolous to not add some basic weather to the base game.

What seems to not make sense is the fact they would add gardening to the base game without weather. That seems so far fetched to me.

How can a Sim garden without Seasons if we want to argue realistic attributes that make sense. :lol:

I don't think that we will get weather in the base game, we can hope for it, but I don't think it will happen.

How can a sim have a garden without seasons. We have had sims be able to garden before we even got weather. We had and still do have sprinklers.
    Now we do not know if perhaps they will have something like the green house sprinklers.
    Without weather my sims planted a garden, Apple trees, veggies, etc. and found a money tree seed, well the money tree grew and left a seed and this continued, my sims ended up with over a million dollars, they had so much money I did not know how to spend it anymore, just from that garden started with one seed, and no weather. they had sprinklers. Sims love sprinklers, they will do nothing but play in the sprinklers if you let them.
    So we do not need weather for gardens and oh yes they can water the old fashion way also. watering can.
    We worry about so much. Lets wait and see before we complain. There will be a lot out about the Sims soon. and it will continue until when it comes out next year. A year away.
  • Blue9iteBlue9ite Posts: 44
    edited October 2013
    Like I've said on many other threads before, all they need to do is add cats, dogs and llamas with limited features + limited breeds. Same goes for Seasons, probably just add weather but take out festivals/holidays.

They don't have to go all out and fit everything that Pets 2/3 and Seasons 2/3 had in their EPs into the base game. They should just expand more features with expansion packs. They will still be able to make money and probably gain new fans of the game.

Judging by the easter eggs, we are probably getting Llamas and turtles in the base game.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2013
    TBH, I'm just wondering what the big delay is even for. Are they adding features that they've yet to reveal? Is the new tech causing problems? Is the game turning out to be a huge buggy cesspool?

I'm really crossing my fingers for a fun, stable game - executed far better than TS3. I honestly don't mind the delay if it means we'll get that.

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2013
    Blue9ite wrote:
    Like I've said on many other threads before, all they need to do is add cats, dogs and llamas with limited features + limited breeds. Same goes for Seasons, probably just add weather but take out festivals/holidays.

They don't have to go all out and fit everything that Pets 2/3 and Seasons 2/3 had in their EPs into the base game. They should just expand more features with more new expansion packs.

Judging by the easter eggs, we are probably getting Llamas and turtles in the base game.

Yes, I agree with this 1000%. They should really spread the content among the EPs - for example, a new pet each EP.

Cats/dogs in base game. Seasons to offer deer, squirrels, raccoons, and other wild life. Carnival EP to offer monkeys that you can teach tricks and perform with on stage. OFB to add cattle and other farm animals. You get the gist of it, but IMO I think this is a great idea that would definitely boost sales and make the EPs full of fun content.