Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansions, Stuff Packs, DLC

Please remember our favorite expansions from Sims 2 and Sims 3 when considering what to make for Sims 4. This is literally the only game franchise I look forward to buying expansions and DLC for. Every other game I've played, I've judged very critically for making DLC and expansion packs, but the Sims gets away with it, for me, because there is never enough things to do in the game - it's so fun.

So please, listen to the community, and release the most-wanted expansion packs, stuff packs, and DLC right away instead of waiting like what happened with Sims 3 University.

I hope the success EA had with Sims 3 shows them that this is one franchise the fans love to dish money out for - but don't alienate us like what happened with SimCity (still steamed about that one).

I'm looking forward to Sims 4, a lot, and I hope it will not be a let-down.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    I suppose many of us are very tired of EP remakes. Especially when EA seems to leave exactly what made the previous version fun to play and though they tried to give them a new twist, sometimes they just fell flat.

I suppose some sort of weather EP is important to most of us, and of course people want cats and dogs even if no other type animals make it into the game. And or they probably want some sort of businesses to run for their Sims..

But as far as I am concerned that is about it, I can do without a remake of WA, Ambs, Generations, ShowTime, IP, ITF, etc...even though some of those had new ideas...and really want to see new EPs that we have been asking for as long as I can remember the series..like a Farm/Ranch EP for real...a Theme Park EP..for real..etc...

To me one of the most fun things to do in The Sims series is to build open venues and think of all kinds of things for them to do on community lots..if it winds up all being venues for the cost of an arm and leg like happened in TS3's Store..AKA..theater, etc..then I will pass, again.

It's a real shame they offered better venues in the Store than they did in the EPs..but the cost was always too high for a single lot and generally equalled a SP or EP price almost..

Not going down that road ever again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NodakNodak Posts: 89 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar, the prices for store content is really high, I agree. I think it's mostly because EA knows fans will dish out money like it's nothing for more playability for their favorite game.

Oh well, there are worse things to be addicted to.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited October 2013
    Regarding expansion packs, we pretty much can assume they will put out the Pets and Seasons/Weather type packs. They seem to be the most wished for EPS prior to release. Also I think having a business EP since Sims 3 did not, and a traditional vacation (not "adventures" EP) is also a good idea. Not sure how much of Night Life content we'll be getting in the base game, but if it's done enough to provide us the venues and musical/entertainment options, leave it at that. Otherwise that's a fifth remake EP that needs to be done. Some kind of magic-occult-supernatural EP seems logical so that's six and University makes seven. Wow, it's really adding up. :shock:

After that, I say EA takes off in entirely new directions on EPS. Granted that would probably only mean 3-5 "new" EPS but it would be better than remakes for every EP. Even though at this point they have so much to choose from just remaking everything for a series would end up causing stagnation in the development.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • lpmartinlpmartin Posts: 163
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    I suppose some sort of weather EP is important to most of us, and of course people want cats and dogs even if no other type animals make it into the game. And or they probably want some sort of businesses to run for their Sims..

But as far as I am concerned that is about it, I can do without a remake of WA, Ambs, Generations, ShowTime, IP, ITF, etc...

You took the words right outa my mouth, Cinebar!
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is making me question how long The Sims series is gonna last. I don't know if they can keep getting by with making remakes over and over again. Maybe a new "system" is in order? cuz this EP/SP thing is getting old... and expensive. Just what EA wanted :evil:
  • NodakNodak Posts: 89 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think EA should just do a Sims 3: Classics expansion pack that bundles some of the most popular EP content into one EP. I'm sure it'll be expensive, but it'll save time for innovative content.

Although, they may also do that with the store instead, seeing how successful the Sims 3 store was, classic expansions may just be store releases instead of boxed.

It's a shame they can't just include the most favored EP content into the base game, for a change. I really feel like weather, university, business, vacations, and pets should just come with the vanilla game since those are just real aspects of life. Save EP for occult, fantasy, sci-fi, etc...

If it's a matter of price, then I'd rather pay more up-front right away and have the convenience of not waiting 2 years before I can play the completed experience.
  • agough111agough111 Posts: 201 Member
    edited October 2013
    The only things from expansion packs I desire is:
    The ability to own/manage a building or business you own.
    The ability to be in a band.
    Something to celebrate Holidays (trick-or-treating, Santa coming or some random gift at the door, picking up eggs)
    Apartments

That's it.

But, if it's seven expansions of crap EPs that were already released, I'll be a bit disappointed.

So, I would like new, fresh EPs and SPs, preferably some kind of hobbies one, a SP with a bunch of traits or whatever their form is in TS4 and new hairstyles, clothes, make-up).
  • agough111agough111 Posts: 201 Member
    edited October 2013
    Nodak wrote:
    I think EA should just do a Sims 3: Classics expansion pack that bundles some of the most popular EP content into one EP. I'm sure it'll be expensive, but it'll save time for innovative content.

Although, they may also do that with the store instead, seeing how successful the Sims 3 store was, classic expansions may just be store releases instead of boxed.

It's a shame they can't just include the most favored EP content into the base game, for a change. I really feel like weather, university, business, vacations, and pets should just come with the vanilla game since those are just real aspects of life. Save EP for occult, fantasy, sci-fi, etc...

If it's a matter of price, then I'd rather pay more up-front right away and have the convenience of not waiting 2 years before I can play the completed experience.

This exactly. I think we need a few months with the base game, then they should release a Sims 4:Classics. This would please me beyond belief.