Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Progression and Legacy Player or Rotation Players

Dear TS4 Team,

I enjoyed TS2 because I enjoyed how the SP was handled in that game.
I do not enjoy TS3's SP because for one it never lived up to how is was told it would. And two, it always moved out and mismatched Sims in my game.

In TS2, as I am sure some know, the Sim did get crushes, fall in love, go out and show up at community lots. They gained memories (miss those) formed friendships, flirted, fell in love, got into fights, expose to the elements, got hurt, starved, dyed, whatever if they showed up on community lots.

This is a sort of Story Progression which was good enough for me. Since I could rotate to their home and then pursue a relationship they had formed, or not.

The only thing they didn't do was get married, and or have kids and or move away. Which is great..because I want to be there when a Sim has their baby, and or they have their wedding. :lol:

In TS3 Sims in my game don't get married or have kids...even with it on..unless I add a mod to even the odds. The only thing they do is age up and move away.

Please, this time consider the legacy player, and the rotation player before you finish the base game.

Sure SP turned off leaves some Sims alone in TS3, however, not necessarily and it still took a mod to fix it from messing with Sims, even off.

Please consider the player this time. Aging off is a good thing for some of us, too. But we would like for that to be per lot not per neighborhood. :lol:

Because some of us enjoy the rest of the world getting older but not touching a few select households. Weird, maybe, but that is how we play.

We felt limited with our objectives in the game because TS3 sort of, even with a half baked Story Progression, always moved out the Sims we were saving for later, or our Sim's best friend or killed off...by age..more than likely...a Sim we used as extra Sims for our Sims.

SP was a good concept but failed. This is why I enjoy TS2's concept much better.

Before anyone says but the Sim didn't get a promotion..sure they did in TS2 but this would be an off world townie that gained the promotion and came home from work with your Sim most of the time.

So, I don't understand why the 'townies' in TS3 if I wasn't playing them didn't get promotions...cause they did in TS2. :mrgreen:

Point, TS2's SP was much more fun imho. Because it left alone the Sims though they were not frozen in time on their lots. The game knew to send those Sims to community lots and they gained just as much memories, friendships etc. as the ones I played more often.

I want to be able to make a Sim family, or household or group and if I choose to have some move out..I want the game to leave them alone and Not move them away. Or make them get involved with a Sim I wouldn't have chosen for them. Or have a baby without me deciding they should.

I want the family, to come home for visits, stop by for visit, call my Sim..I don't want the game to get rid of them

I like rotations. I usually have a set of characters...I will use LOTRs as an example. Imagine my horror if my Gandalf is missing from my hood while I play a hobbit. How is that fun for me?

Story Progression off..sure..but then they are all just idle somewhere, where as in TS2 they showed up...still had a life...just not any really big decissions made without me.

Please consider the legacy player, the hood theme player and the rotation player because that is the heart of The Sims...keeping Sims in the hoods that made it unique, different from everyone elses, controlling or deciding who lives or dies...playing god. Deciding who marries and who don't..sure they can love someone else..but doesn't mean the game can make them move in together. :wink:

Please consider just willy nilly placing a bunch of Sims through SP into a house too small for a bunch of them is crazy to some of us.

Please, random things should happen for sure..that is the best part of TS2 game play, but leave my Sims and or ones I can list to leave alone..alone. Sure they should be able to get into a fight, and or get killed and or die for whatever reason..(flu)....or get bit by accident by vampires..(loved this in TS2)..many the time the Counts went on a biting rampage... :twisted:

But no marriage, no baby, no moving away this time. 8)
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm definitely the rotational type of player, that's partly what keeps me interested in the game, and I disliked having to lose all wants and wishes when I switched to another family.

I didn't mind other families married, had babies, or moved into another house without my direction. But I hated that SP would move them out of town with no way for me to call them and get them to come back. :( It also was bizarre when I would visit another house to find a sim was "happily" married but his/her spouse lived in another house.

I had hoped with SP the sims I was not playing would continue to skill (even if it was just the logic and cooking skill) or would earn promotions.

So I'm hoping Sims4 will give me the tool to be able to pick what families I want them to leave alone, or allow me to control more than 1 familiy. That is, if SP makes a return in Sims4.