Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where Are The Open Gay Couples/Gay Sims? (and why I have a problem with TS3 current "gay" Sims)

2...Next

Comments

• Xpinkygirlx1Xpinkygirlx1 Posts: 376 Member
    edited October 2013
    My descendants waiting in Oasis Landing are two men, married to one another. So yes, Gay sims are put into the game on their own.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm sorry OP, that you haven't had the experience of having a Sim in your game flirt with the same sex randomly. It happens quite a bit in my game.

However, as most of us know by now, some people are just luckier (or unluckier) with those random gaming moments. For instance, I've had one meteor the entire time I've played Sims 3. I've heard of other people who have them constantly. My Sims used to accidentally set fires regularly. Now for some reason - not so much. Other players almost never get accidental fires. It's frustrating but there doesn't seem to be a way to make it consistent.

I understand your frustration because I've been incredibly frustrated with the way EA has aimed TS3 more towards children instead of teens and adults. In this imperfect world, we can't really expect a corporation to care about educating or enlightening the rest of the world. It's too bad but I don't see it changing in the Sims 4.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    gus-psyche-popcorn.gif
  • BluePlumbob21BluePlumbob21 Posts: 7
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately most people in the word do not understand how it feels to not be represented. The comparison has been used many times, but imagine what the response would be if we were given the ability to make black Sims but there were no black pre-mades. We as gay people get told that we are trying to shove our lifestyles down people's throats or are expecting everyone to bend over backwards to accommodate us when we bring this subject up.

I personally could not care less that some barbaric, backwards-thinking, second world countries are offended by homosexuality, and would hope EA would be happy to not accept their money. I also don't care about people that use their religion as an excuse for their hatred. They would have to get over it.

The world has to appease straight people, first and foremost. We're second class citizens, even more so than women used to be. But the fact of the matter is that we should have gay pre-mades.
  • MattjamHoMattjamHo Posts: 206 New Member
    edited October 2013
    EA has had pre-made characters be gay in other games in the past, so I don't see why it isn't likely in the future. We'll all find out when the game ships.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for answering. But I'm confused. Does anything other than her appearance imply that she is a lesbian?
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited October 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    Thanks for answering. But I'm confused. Does anything other than her appearance imply that she is a lesbian?

Asha Asari,
    I think is the sim you two are referring to.

And, No. Nothing but her appearance suggest that she is homosexual. Although, TSW (The Sims Wiki) states that story progression usually hooks her up with a female.
    Which once again proves that the OP is wrong and that many sims' do get together with other sims of the same-sex.

Gobias Koffi is also supposed to be homosexual, as it hints that he prefers the company of a man to a woman.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • VallenPhoenixVallenPhoenix Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    What OP probably means is every pre-made sim family in every world is always male and female. Any that are all male/female are usually related or specifically mentioned they're just friends.
    I'm happy Maxis and EA are including gay couples in their advertisements. Not so happy it's always referred to as "experiment" though.

On the other hand, most replies here are very belittling and self-righteous.
    Sims don' have a set sexuality, but its rarer for male/female sims flirt/come on to the same gender.

They could make the Sims sexualities even more fluid. What I dislike though is if I make a specific gay/straight Sim, I expect them to be flirted with the same gender, not have the opposite/same gender flirt with them. It's not necessary unless I want to instigate it :/
  • DarkZephyrDarkZephyr Posts: 62 Member
    edited October 2013
    Sims do have gender preferences, but they start out set to "0" effectively making them bisexual. Over time they can edge one way or another, either by action of the player or by their own autonomous actions.

I myself am a gay man, by the way.

I have a huge neighborhood of gay sims. :D

But the OP is correct in that we usually don't see any of the premade sims be gay. I guess I don't have as big of a problem with it though because I just make my own gay families that I export and then install in every neighborhood.

I do take issue with the poster who compared homosexuality to relationships with horses and relationships between adults and teens however. And if having premade gay sims would = homosexuality being forced on us then are the premade straight sims examples of heterosexuality being forced on us? I don't see it that way personally.

But to reiterate I am pretty happy with the game as it is. I am not as upset as the OP, but I don't think some of the replies he has received have been that great.
  • crimrosecrimrose Posts: 401 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I can see why OP might be unhappy that same-sex couples aren't as widely represented in the game, or that the ones that are premade aren't explicitly "out" most of the time. It's hard not to see a lot of representations of yourself in media. Of course, we are getting better, but I can still see that there's a gap.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me if there are gay premade Sims or not, because I make gay Sims myself all the time. But I'm not gay myself, so who am I to tell a gay or non-heterosexual person how to feel about this issue? And I think that that's something that some of you need to keep in mind, if you're straight and you're talking about how non-heterosexual people should feel about these issues: you don't really know what it's like not to be represented, and you also don't know how it feels to have it implied that you should just be happy that we tolerate you and your "lifestyle" at all, because you're "shoving it down" people's throats. (As a sidenote: this one consistently boggles my mind! As if as heterosexual people, we don't ram it down people's throats! LOL!)

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that personally, I don't have a stake in this, but I wanted to comment because I was pretty disheartened by some of the responses here (some of which border on homophobia). An underprivileged person voices their concerns, and the majority dogpiles on them. Just another day, I guess...
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited October 2013
    What OP probably means is every pre-made sim family in every world is always male and female. Any that are all male/female are usually related or specifically mentioned they're just friends.
    I'm happy Maxis and EA are including gay couples in their advertisements. Not so happy it's always referred to as "experiment" though.

On the other hand, most replies here are very belittling and self-righteous.
    Sims don' have a set sexuality, but its rarer for male/female sims flirt/come on to the same gender.

They could make the Sims sexualities even more fluid. What I dislike though is if I make a specific gay/straight Sim, I expect them to be flirted with the same gender, not have the opposite/same gender flirt with them. It's not necessary unless I want to instigate it :/

Oh in the uni advert? Yeh, that really bothered me.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top