Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Kill The Babies In Sims 4

I'm finding that the developers are so inept at handling a large population in a hood that they starve or burn the player's offspring if residing in another house.

Let's make sure that doesn't happen in Sims 4 k? pathetic...

Comments

• tokishonetokishone Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2013
    As my World History teacher would always say "Dead baby in a wood-chipper!"
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. :shock: Although it is past midnight here, and I am pretty worn out.
  • GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. :shock: Although it is past midnight here, and I am pretty worn out.

Im a little bit confused too :lol:
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • MergadMergad Posts: 81 Member
    edited October 2013
    I.. think he's referring to the way the game tends to just ignore your babies if your family is out and about and you've called a babysitter leaving them standing (if they even spawn) outside your house, not doing any work, resulting in the baby's needs go to glaring red until you zoom your view to your homelot and observe the babysitter doing what they're supposed to do.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think the OP means TS3 kills off the babies born in other houses as a way to cull the world. This has been mentioned hundreds of times on the TS3 forums. I don't seem to have that problem since SP in my game doesn't even force other Sims to have children. It doesn't work since I don't use a mod to fix it to make it work inorder for other Sims populate my houses.

I often see threads where people mention they are so tired of SP removing and or killing off all newborns etc. I'm not sure it really happens because like I said Sims in my game don't have children anyway.

All that ever happens is the ones in the world get replaced by a new family ...eventually....like weeks later..no one even moves into my empty lots.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited October 2013
    OMG yes!! It's so harsh and really annoying. I added a relative to my active household to get his wife pregnant (since EA doesn't let sims have kids on story progression :roll: ) and the baby got electrocuted :( How the heck does that happen? Agree with this one, defo
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well I don't have that problem, because I play a A-Z generation challenge and the rule is no moving out, only one child, Male and must have the trait Loves the Out doors, so life just goes on. No babies killed, just loved and adored, from grand parents to parents and keeps moving on. Love it this way. Do not like families all over the world.
    It is very family oriented. Forgot rule No one works. A family that plays together, stays together. :D
  • SarahE_IsMeSarahE_IsMe Posts: 517 Member
    edited October 2013
    It happens in my game. I'll go into the family tree and see a toddler or baby is dead and try to figure out why. Most of the time it's a fire but I had a baby die from drowning. I really hate it. I want more children to keep the world fresh.

I hope they fix it, too.
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think any baby's in my town ever died, but it is a problem no new baby's are born spontaniously. They used to but not anymore. Obsolescence is a serious problem when I play more than one generation in the same save.
    5JZ57S6.png