Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
I'm no longer answering here. Thanks all for participating.

Sims3plumbobtrennlinie.png

Reapplying the manual super patch seems to solve a few of the more common tech issue.

The super patch has a different version than the incremental one. Make sure your game is at 1.63.5 and not at 1.63.4 or 1.62 (patch on the DVD)

For those of you who have the DVD base game and plan on getting the ITF download version, be very aware of this issue and do NOT reinstall your base game when asked to: D L C- Compatibility Alert

If you're getting a disc warning despite of your ITF being download, reapply the manual super patch --> Download Version asks for DVD

Manual Links to the patch is here: Patch 1.63

Before updating your game and/or installing the new EP, please make sure to follow these steps:

In Preparation for Into The Future
TUTORIAL: What to do before patching
FAQ: How do I uninstall a Mod/Hack ?

How to redeem the limited edition content (includes Links)

Ask here, if anything is unclear. It will help you avoid most patching problems.

If you have crashing issues, please make your own thread in the technical part of this forum. This one is about GAMEPLAY bugs. You can also post here: 1.63 Patch - How to Install & Problems/Solutions - READ FIRST POST

I do not have a solution for uninstalling Store content other than reinstalling all of them. If you have the issue, please post in the technical or Store technical section of this forum.

Please remove your mods before posting. Even if they say they are updated. You can only be sure something is a EA bug if you play a vanilla game.

There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.

Remember that the patch will make your game 'EP' ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.

Rules

Please post the info asked in the second post and I'd appreciate it if you follow the rules

1. Please DO NOT VENT in this thread. If you are not happy with the game, post in another thread that most likely will pop up or start your own. I will need to read through all posts and venting will make me skip your post. Make your statement as calm and informative as possible.
2. Don't post things like: It doesn't work or I got an error message. I don't know how to help you with that. Describe as accurate as possible what you tried and what your problem is. Post any error messages you receive as you seem them (screen-shots are great)
3. Make sure that you have removed ALL your custom content, especially mods for they are most likely not compatible anymore. This also applies if you are only getting the patch. Check with the creators before putting them back.
4. You can also post your bugs/problems if you have not but the expansion but updated to the newest patch.
5. Please do not post any technical issues like crashes, graphic card problems or incompatibility messages. They go in the technical section of this forum and there are people there that can better help you than me.
6. Please read the compiled lists to see if anyone has posted before and if there's a solution to your problem. I will try to keep links so you can go to the post of the person for extra info but that might prove difficult if lots of people have the problem. If you have extra info to add, please do so. Also let me know if you feel that I have misinterpreted your post.
7. Also consult my blog at Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog to see if you are running into an old problem that already has a solution
8. You may also post any fixed bugs or solutions you might find.
9. Please do not link to another post if you have already posted somewhere else. Copy/Paste your post and add the link as extra info. This forum will probably be a pain to navigate again and if I don't have to go consult other threads to what might be your problem, that's a huge relieve.
10. Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient, I will try to answer anyone (except venting posts).
11. If you are replying to a question of mine, please quote your problem/my question or recap in short. It will help me tremendously if I don't have to go back to see what your problem was and I can't keep them all in mind.
12. Check your game if you have any old cc-framework leftovers and remove.
13. Please don't post: I don't have the time to read all this. I find that rather insulting because it tells me, you didn't even bother to read the first post. I'm taking MY time to help you guys out and I'm not compensated by EA for this so the least you can do is read the first few posts before making your statement.
14. Please do not edit your post to add extra info to it unless no one else has answered you. I'm not going back in reading the thread, so I might miss extra info. Simply make a new post and restate your issue.
15. Please also excuse if my answers are short and to the point. I usually have to cover a lot of ground and I can't be elaborate about everything. It's not meant in a rude way at all. I appreciate everyone that is taking part in this.
16. If you opened a thread on a certain issue you want linked, post the link in this thread and I will add it. Make sure there aren't any threads there yet.
17. If you feel that I'm not treating everyone in the same way, you're probably right. There are people that have been reporting since my first bug thread and others that are modders/creators themselves. I feel that I know when a bug report of those people is legit and when not, so I'll be quicker to add those compared to people I don't know at all.
18. Please use proper english and no text language. Also try to use punctuation where applicable and don't put everything in one paragraph. Those are very hard for me to read. I'm German speaking, so that would help me a great deal to understand what you are saying.

Important Links

- A Did You Know Thread On Into The Future

- Black Screen, long loading times and TMP files in DCCache

- Island Paradise Bug Thread
- University Life Bug thread
- Seasons Bug thread
- Supernatural Bug Thread
- Showtime Bug Thread
- Pets Bug Thread
- Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting
- Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts
- TS3 + EPs & SPs - Known Glitches & Causes
- FAQ: Bugs & Patches
- Generations-Patch & existing Mods/Hacks
- FAQ: What files should I backup ?
- Twallan's Mods
- Finding Devices and Updating Drivers

Origin

Make sure your Origin is up-to-date (if you are using it). If your Origin is not at that version and you are not prompted an update, you will need to uninstall and get the newest version here: http://www.origin.com/us/about

Crashing Issues

Crashing issues are mainly technical and belong in the technical forum. Please make your own thread there, posting your DxDiag and info about cc, when it crashes and other useful stuff.

Here's some things you can try: ERROR: Game Crashes (CTD)

DEP Information

If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a DEP problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:

TS3W.EXE in your base game\bin folder.

MAC Users

If you have technical issue, please post in the mac forum

Things to try

- FAQ: Delete your Cache Files
- Move your family out and back in.
- Reset the sim ?
- TUTORIAL: Resetting the game to factory settings without Reinstalling --> Make sure to save those: SimPort Progress and Achievements
- TUTORIAL: - How to reinstall the game
- FAQ: How do I restore a backup file ?
- Move your Sims to a new town. Save them to the bin for that. Use Twallan's Porter if you don't want to loose the relationships.

A word on Mods/Hacks
It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).

Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.

Instructions how to install a mod can be found here: FAQ: How do I install Custom Content/ Mods ?
Instructions how to uninstall a mod can be found here: FAQ: How do I uninstall a Mod/Hack ?

Abbreviations used
MC = MasterController: Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod: Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention: Windows security feature.
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site Causes
Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
AHQ Tutorial

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2013
    No longer answering

How to find your post and my answer (only major posts)

To find your own post, make sure you write down the page you posted on. My answer is most likely in my next post.

salivacocktail suggests to set a bookmark for the thread and note the page numbers in the description. You can edit the description with more page numbers should you post more.

I'll be linking all my answer post in here, including page number.

If I said, I'll add, make sure it gets added. Search the first page to find your name and make sure I understood what you were trying to say. If you reported more than once, your name should appear next to each issue (except for the more common, smaller ones). If you're not happy with what I wrote, please restate your issue with all the info.

Latest Answer

Page 33

Earlier Answers

Page 32, Page 31, Page 31, Page 30, Page 29, Page 28, Page 28, Page 27, Page 26, Page 25, Page 24, Page 24, Page 23, Page 22, Page 21, Page 20, Page 18, Page 16, Page 15, Page 14, Page 13, Page 13, Page 12, Page 11, Page 10, Page 9, Page 8, Page 6, Page 5

Info

Please include the following info to your post

I can't help you properly if I don't have this info and it's a pain for all if I have to keep getting back to people.

Since adding everyone to the first page proved to be way to much work for me, I would like to ask you to either repeat your info with every new bug report or link post you had it in before. To get the link of an individual post, right-click on the little notepaper next to the date on top of your post and copy the link.

Everyone

1. Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed)
    --> It's essential that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove your mods before reporting a bug.
    2. Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ?
    3. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ?
    4. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    7. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    10. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?

Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature

--> Should be posted in technical. See some tips in my blog: Lags & Intermittent Freezes
    --> Turn off the interactive loading screen in your options.
    --> You need to re-apply any changes you did to your graphics rule files

- What EPs do you own
    - Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?
    - Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ?
    - Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ?

Graphical Issues

- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …), especially your graphic card
    - Do you have advanced rendering on (Options - Graphics)
    - What date has your graphic card driver
    - If you are unsure where to find this info, read this: Finding Devices and Updating Drivers

--> Should be posted in technical.
    --> You need to re-apply any changes you did to your graphics rule files

Serial Code Issues

DO NOT GO HERE! Contact Customer Support!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2013
    Any issues in this posts have been reported extensively and some solutions have been found. For the bigger issues, please post in the according threads linked. There's no need to report any of these any more unless you have a new solution

Chat with Toddler Option missing

Although a toddler was taught to talk, the chat with toddler Interaction is missing.

--> Chat with … for toddlers missing

Reports

gayars, PrfctAngl673 and more

Fix

Use Overwatch V106 or higher

Play Online Option missing from console

Although my Sim has enough nerd influence, he can't use play online of the game console.

Reports

rosahege, PrfctAngl673, gayars

Fix

Click on the TV instead of the console and it should work.

--> Play Online on console missing

Broken Time Almanac

The time almanac can no longer be clicked on

Cause

This is caused if a Sim that has a statue gets deleted from the game or if your Sim replaces becomes the record holder

Solution

--> Switch active households. You will loose your current descendants.

Time Almanac is no longer working

Empty UI on traveling to the future or back

Reports

fathergrimm, CaySedaiSim, EuphorialQueen

Cause

This is caused by the same broken travel system as the problems with WA or Uni.

Solution

- Sim not arriving at University
    - Missing Sims and empty UI when arriving in vacation town
    - Sim can’t return home after Graduation

Sim in slow motion

Related to the tree of prosperity.

Read all about it here: FIX FOR SEVERE LAG and here: Sims in Slow Motion
    AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2013
    List of reported bugs

Time Traveling

- Needs are set to low when traveling to present (WinMacSims3, janvel831)
    - Work outfit get corrupted through traveling (janvel831)
    --> Take Sim to CAS and edit the work outfit
    - Loss of interactions after traveling (shoeprozac, WinMacSims3)
    - Home ownership in OL is only recognized for one sim in the family (amjoie)
    - Time portal autonomous (DarkAmaranth1966)
    - Random loss or gain of inventory items after traveling (ZeekSlider, Dimon6579, dizzydee)
    - Editing house in OL messes with ownership (amjoie)
    - Misc inventory issues (natashaspy55)
    - Can't use time portal cause of maxed out tech skill (Dimon6579)
    --> Temp fix: Lower skill with MC or use a family member with lower skill
    - Upgrades get reset (Nik24X7)
    - Bots looses levels on traveling (julienrob2004)

Plumbots

- Scan targets in confined spaces leads to strange animations (veiledstar, veiledstar)
    - Scan target gets canceled out (WinMacSims3)
    - Splitting a bot out of a family will cause trait chips to disappear or get replaced (amjoie, mcveighjess)
    --> Cause by change of name (amjoie) ?
    - Bot loosing trait chips on several occasions (Thread)
    --> Resets on MC and other Twallan mods will cause this atm.
    --> Seems all trait chips get removed when a Sim is hibernated. More info is needed on this (Thread on NRaas)
    - Sims randomly turn into Simbots in Oasis Landing community center (SweetieTreats)
    - Lazy Plumbot watches TV all day despite description saying they will garden and stuff (chasingAJ)
    - No money from selling plumbots in homeworld (natashaspy55)

Monorail

- Groups don't use the monorail together (veiledstar, SweetieTreats)

Legacy Statues

- Legacy statues are all "Ice Goblin" sculptures (PrfctAngl673)
    --> Thread on the issue (Oasis Landing Legacy Statue Bug)
    --> (Mod) Solution: PrfctAngl673

JetPack

- Sims keep putting jetpack on and off and on and off (Parvati, jacqpinks, SweetieTreats)
    --> Use Stop using if you're Sims are not using them (kampffenhoff)

Quantum power pack & Power Chamber

--> Thread about issues here: A bug list about the Quantum Power Chamber
    --> The Quantum Power Pack is a premium Store content and as such, writes data to ccmerged. If that corrupts, you get errors. See this: Quantum Power Pack Issues

- Motives don't get locked (Imca)
    - No Moodlet (Imca)
    - Accepting Dates causes Quantum Power Suit not to work (WinMacSims3)
    - Quantum Power Suit's abilities won't work when reloading a save (WinMacSims3, catloverplayer)
    - Chamber depletes witch magic (WinMacSims3, Dimon6579)
    --> See explanation by nonamena
    --> Mod by nonamena that fixes the issue: Stasis Chamber Doesn't Drain Witch Magic - Quantum Power Pack

Relationships

- Sims did not move in after getting married in the future (Dweiathecat, DivaOfDarkness)
    - Having Sim A "propose going steady" with Sim B using a hologram created by the robot does not update them to "Girlfriend/Boyfriend status under partners (SweetieTreats)

Opportunities

- Impossible to complete the laser harp star challenge (kusurusu)
    - Holo-Computer doesn't display Opportunity options when clicked on (WinMacSims3)
    - The "fly around with a jetpack" opportunity never completes (Joolster)
    - Skill opportunities are very rare (inclement)
    - Chip In achievement for bot building skill is not attainable (Daria311)

Wishes, LTR, LTW

- Made the Most of My Time not fulfilling (Daughter_of_Eve)
    - Meet a local does not get fulfilled (SweetieTreats, kymber13)
    - Witch gets constant wish to cast magic on Plumbot (janvel831)
    - Dip kiss not fulfilling the "kiss sim" wish (SweetieTreats)
    - LTW not triggering (JanLauren7)

New Objects

- Laser rhythm-a-con color can't be changed in buy mode and the idle color change don't stick on reload (sage_blosssom, n00biityo, n00biityo)
    - Sims don't listen or watch Laser Rhythm-A-Con (n00biityo)
    --> Explanation: kusurusu
    - Can't move/delete Dreampods & ownership issue (Morgan1979)
    - Dreampods reset Sims (fleshapple, ZeekSlider, catloverplayer)
    --> Related to projection TV/video game systems (blewis823)
    - Dream Bed can replace your University and Social Group traits (WinMacSims3)
    - BactaBath doesn't refill mermaid Hydration and is missing submarine adventure option (ZeekSlider, n00biityo)
    - 3 sprites you unlock via Technology skill reset form when saved to the bin (Joolster)
    - “Field Without Fences Wall Window” and its matching smaller window, “Clean And Clear Wall Window” do this are solid when used with pools (Lavenkitty)
    - Pneumatic Elevator Tubes usable for toddlers (ZeekSlider)
    - Strange effects on guitar (Joolster)

Animations

- Poor toddler (amjoie, SweetieTreats)
    - take romantic photo animation is off (catloverplayer)

Plants & Gardening

- Plants on Nature's Soil Rug and in Planter Bowls still need watering even when under a sprinkler (WinMacSims3, WinMacSims3, veiledstar, SweetieTreats, WinMacSims3, veiledstar)
    - Harvestables planted on soil rugs inside my sim's house in OL have gone dormant in winter (amjoie, amjoie)
    - Build plants on soil rugs (indoors) look almost black at night (amjoie)
    - Fountains freezing on indoor soil rugs, in the winter (amjoie)

Misc

- Interactions with gnomes & other nameable objects don't work properly (ZeekSlider, SweetieTreats)
    --> Rename them
    - Visiting Dystopia future triggers Meteors to fall in normal future as well as Utopia. Trash piles and other stuff is also still present. (Ezuu123, mcveighjess, mcveighjess, Neashaleigh, Treetoptrickster)
    --> Two solutions can be found here: mcveighjess
    --> Thread on the issue: I have a meteor bug
    - Unable to buy birthday cake from OL community center/home lot in OL or food synthesizer (SweetieTreats, natashaspy55)
    - Floating heads (veiledstar)
    --> Some clothing item is missing a mesh
    --> Possible culprit (veiledstar)
    - Sims are not placed in owned house on returning to OL (mcveighjess)
    - Sims double age when they travel around their birthday (leelujack, leelee77)
    - Random make-up assigned to work outfits (SweetieTreats)
    - Community lot speakers can't be changed to digi (catloverplayer)
    - Career sims stop working early (ec1ipsse, Dimon6579, chevronfox)
    --> Due to some interaction on the working sim that cancels the work interaction like scanning plumbots or paparazzis
    - Meters don't work correctly (SweetieTreats)
    - Pregnant Sims don't take cab to go to hospital (janvel831, amjoie)
    - Sims not using preferred vehicle (Zandyr_Kayne)
    - Loss of community lot names (SweetieTreats, WinMacSims3)
    - Sims don't get tips for playing instruments (Dimon6579, Dimon6579)
    - Can't "Put away Leftovers" on Synthesized Food (ZeekSlider)
    --> Connected to broken fridge (ZeekSlider)
    - No diploma for mastering skill (natashaspy55 and others)
    - Stuck 'going to work' and hence no payment (Simarchangel)

Ambitions

- PI opportunities still off (gayars, SweetieTreats)
    - Firefighters still can't respond to emergencies --> Possible work around (SweetieTreats)

Late Night

- Food Truck truck resets sim (ZeekSlider)

Generations

- Several conflicts with the imaginary friend and ITF (SweetieTreats)
    - Imaginary Friend sims can't buy clothes from the clothing pedestal (Ubasti)
    - Imaginary Friend issue when child born in future world (chasingAJ)
    - Read to Sleep" interaction with toddlers is broken (FryeGuy24, violentdayzie)
    --> Thread on the issue: Can't read a toddler to sleep in a crib
    - IF becomes unusable (Bigblueelf)

Pets

- Pet on horses missing (chevronfox)
    --> Only in particular game, caused by cc ?
    - Wild horses are adopted by inactives although option is off (chevronfox)
    - Interacting with horse is interrupted (chevronfox)

Showtime

- Only 1 of my 2 performers is recognized and allowed to be sent on tour (Vuneca, SweetieTreats)
    - Pictures taken with the photo booths, including the seasonal postcards, no longer work with Graham’s Digital Picture Frames (SweetieTreats)

- Werewolves turn into plumbots instead of their werewolf form ((SweetieTreats))

Seasons

- It rains at the nuts and bolts emporium, cafeteria, XI Import Gallery and the future lounge (catloverplayer, SweetieTreats, Krisha880, Krisha880)
    --> Possible Explanations: WinMacSims3
    - Many Alien Abductions/Visits (Ezuu123, Dimon6579)
    - Holidays disappeared (catloverplayer, okido1987)
    --> Thread on the issue: Seasons. Holidays disappeared
    - Rodent infestation (amjoie)
    - Invisible patch of leaves causes routing failure (amjoie)
    - Sims burst in flames without getting burned or suntanned (veiledstar)

University

- Handiness isn't raising the performance bar while sims are studying it/repairing objects/upgrading (thesecondbatgirl, SweetieTreats)
    - Sending Sims back to Uni loose ability to click on them (thesecondbatgirl, WinMacSims3)
    --> Reload the game
    - Police car gets stuck in front of University home lot (SweetieTreats, WinMacSims3)
    - Sims loose their ability to moon bounce/salute to flag after returning home (kusurusu)
    - Two Maids (SweetieTreats)
    - See student off forces Sims to quit working (WinMacSims3)

Island Paradise

- Soil rugs don't work on houseboats (amjoie)
    --> Probably on purpose but question is why.
    - Resort tower doesn't refresh Sims (catloverplayer)

Store Content

- Glitching issues with certain toddler items like the playpen or the walker (janvel831, gayars, janvel831, ZeekSlider)
    --> The item glitches when the toddler maxes the skill.
    --> Workaround mod from Nonamena: Workaround for the Playpen and Walker reset bug
    - Trying to order food at the future lounge while gambling leads to failure (Mistletoe143)
    - PlumBot chip Musical Machine doesn't include the Violin in its collection of instruments (ZeekSlider)
    - Thread for issues with premium content: BROKEN Premium Content List - What else is broken now?
    AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2013
    Other issues

- Multi-select portrait issue still present
    --> Restart the game

GUI Issue

CAS/CAH/Library

- Toned eyeshadow that came with Ambitions it will default to one of the eyeshadows that came with ITF if switching to another clothing category (Moon_Willow)
    --> Not enabled for career outfit.
    --> Ambitions Eyeshadow Fix

Reproducible crashing/Lagging/Saving issues

- Islo Paradiso is extra laggy since the patch
    --> Turn of interactive loading screen
    --> Reset your Sims
    --> Unchart all islands
    --> Reapply any changes made to the graphic rule files

- Traveling Supernaturals crash the game for legacy games (Dimon6579)
    --> Using a supernatural sim in the time portal crashes the game
    --> Move your SIms to a new town (Dimon6579)
    - Lags due to the tree of prosperity: FIX FOR SEVERE LAG

Buy/Build Mode

- Library/book hologram wall-sign cannot be picked up or sledge-hammered away once it's placed on a wall (murfeel)
    - ALL of the hologram wall signs 'float' if you use them on higher levels on your lot (murfeel)
    - The 2 ITF staircases for some reason don't auto-generate those triangular walls under the staircase (murfeel)

Edit Town/Pick household

Options

Graphical issues/Lightning

Sound issues

Make sure you update your sound drivers and delete the Cache files

- Sound on rhythm-a-con sometimes doesn't work (catloverplayer)
    - Temp Stereo( home and community) sounds loss (chopin27, Dimon6579)
    - Temp Sound effects loss in the Oasis landing home on the water (chopin27)
    - Weather sound missing (Simarchangel)

Player Wall/Social Features/Ingame Gifting

- Unable to gift the Sims 4 orb to friends (SweetieTreats)

Cheats

- "Make All Happy" option of Mailbox doesn't seem to affect plumbots (Joolster)

CAW

Camera issues

AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2013
    Existing Bugs/ Existing Bugs fixed

Common bugs that have existed before this EP.

Sim/Neighborhood Corruption

Sim Corruption comes in all kinds of flavors and has been going on for a while. Sims get stuck (on objects, on beds, on each other), jump out of interactions, turn invisible and as a ultimate corruption you loose your UI. There's a loooong thread on the issue in the technical forum: Lags & Invisible, Frozen & Stuck Sims. I can't help out over there right now but there are lots of people with long time experience with the issue. You also find some info on it linked in the first post.

What can you do when it happens to you ?
    First thing you can try (if you are not opposed to mods that is) is try if Twallan's ErrorTrap or Overwatch can save anything. It's important that you are patch level 1.26 to use ErrorTrap. You might find ScriptErrors after that in your documents folder. Post them in Twallan's forum. He can help you out. NOT here, I can't really read most of them.

That didn't work
    If you are attached to your family/town, I would suggest, moving everything to a new town. Unfortunately with the EA approach you loose all your relationships this way (you won't loose any skills this way). You could also use the Twallan's Porter to achieve the same AND keep your relationships.

Na, still nothing
    Then I would suggest, resetting your user data and start a brand new game. I can be hard, I know but sometimes it's the only way to still enjoy the game.

The corruption might come back after a while so I do recommend using Overwatch to prevent most of the causes of this corruption.

If really nothing helps at all, you might need to reinstall your game, clean your registry and defrag your computer.

Not fixed with Patch 1.63

- Store Collection Folder bug
    - Dogs can't swim in fountains (PrfctAngl673)
    - Tick stays gray when trying to move a family in
    - Selling inventory items duplicates them
    - Brain Enhancing Machine bypasses Chrisma's Sim and Friend requirements
    - Brain Enhancing Machine's upgrades are lost when traveling between worlds
    - Everyday party invites at Uni
    - Random changing into formal wear (SweetieTreats)
    - Party can't be attended since host is out --> Reset the host (WinMacSims3)
    - Missing Mermaid Tails (angelette1)
    - Random Money (SweetieTreats)
    - Free shirt from university welcome kit still not showing up in CAS (SweetieTreats)
    - Missing book covers (LunyKimberly)
    - Performance meter going down when it shouldn't (SweetieTreats)
    - Bugged Late Night bar (ZeekSlider)
    - Fridge becomes unusable (ZeekSlider)
    - If a Sim has obtained the social Berate Ignorance, the AI will tell the Sim to use it even if the Sim isn't Mean Spirited (WinMacSims3)

Fixed
    Note: The science effects that went missing in patch 1.55 appear to be back in the game.

- Sims can no longer join a jazz session when they don't have an instrument (fix that is probably not liked by many)
    - Mood Manager now removes signed moodlet.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2013
    Mod Issues

Please remember to remove all mods if they are not updated. Updated also does not mean free of errors. Scripting & CoreMods need to be verified by the creator.

- Issues with Lifetime Wishes --> Outdated memory mods. After loosing a LTW because of a Mod, you need to reapply in CAS
    - Issues with Lifetime Rewards
    - Issues with Jumping out of Actions
    - Issues with missing skills
    - Issues with missing Interactions
    - Missing effects --> NoMosaic, NoEffects
    - Zoom going crazy --> Scan for spirits increased
    - Elixir store is never open --> NoPaparazzi
    - Missing books --> Any book mods as well as new custom books such as the Harry Potter book (that's a mod too)

Errors caused by Twallan's Mods

- Missing Hair in CAS --> Update MasterController
    - Plumb bots loose their looks when traveling --> Caused by OW, maybe ET
    AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2013
    Does anyone know ?

- PlumBots that have the Sentient or Friendly chips installed can't help out with addressing baby's/toddler's needs (ZeekSlider)
    --> Is child care trait chip really necessary ?
    - The new elevators don't seem to work when placing them in premade three story houses (catloverplayer)
    - Issues with DV and foreign towns (missing portraits, missing memory images and active school tab) (WinMacSims3)
    AHQ Tutorial

• janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi Crin,
    Thanks for doing this for us again :)
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited October 2013
    Our ability to play the game by clicking on the desktop icon has been taken away.
    Why ?
    This doesn't make sense & is cumbersome.
    Now when we click on the desktop icon, the Origin thing (whatever they call it) pops up & we have to click on the game within the Origin thing again.
    Same thing with CAW Origin gets in the way.
    Origin is taking over. Don't like that at all.
    edited October 2013
    You mean the bypass doesn't work ? For a game that was bought before Sept 2012 on disc ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi, Crin.:)
    Thank you for Your work here.
    Today I've installed 1.63 Superpatch in fabbric clean folder (with original 1.57 Graphic***.sgr files) and I've discovered, that those aren't still updated for NVIDIA 660 GTX graphic card. :?
    Movie Stuff collection wasn't still added in my game.
    Still not tried out gameplay, but I'm curious about invisible sims, routing issues in basement-swimming pool and overlapping modular stairs.
    Have a marvelous day.;)
    (Edit: All EP's-SP's installed from DVD's, I don't have only ITF; my OS Win 7; reporting for Home-World).
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
    edited October 2013
    Hey Bily,

I honestly did not expect it would be added.
    AHQ Tutorial

• janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi Crin,
    I downloaded the patch today and have managed to play for a few hours. I have not had any problems so far. I was able to get into the game using the launcher and I kind of like the hidden object thing they did while the game loads, it gives you something to do while waiting and your Sims get Lifetime reward points for each object you find. Anyway, so far so good. :)
  • AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited October 2013
    - Questions by Crinrict -
    Answers by me, in bold
    Crinrict wrote:
    "Info

Please include the following info to your post

I can't help you properly if I don't have this info and it's a pain for all if I have to keep getting back to people."

Everyone

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). I do not use mods or CC
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Patch
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63.4
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? new game
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? No sim involved
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA, Riverview
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? In a complaining whiny voice world. Oh right, I digress... Home/Store World, newly opened.

Me:

Hi Crinrict, thank-you for being prepared in case of emergency.

The following may come to nothing, just a heads up, as I have never had such a thing happen before today.

I opened Riverview, bulldozed a house, starting building a different house on the lot (things did not go well), I exited the lot and bulldozed the second build. That worked, no problem.
    What did not work, my game options! I could use return to game set up, choose a family to start a game, go into CAS to make a new family, but the options button went on walk-about (kaput, not moving, dead, would not budge, not working)... I could not use anything hidden behind the options button such as save, edit town, or even quit... I had to task manger out of the game.
    I started the game by bypassing the launcher as I still get those tmp files in the DCCache folder.

16 GB(s) of memory
    64-bit OS
    Intel Core i7 2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz
    Sager Notebook
    With my game on a separate SSD
    and a moderate graphics card:
    GeForce GTX 560M version 320.49 (fully up-to-date or so says NVIDIA)
    I also have the recent Origin update.
    All Ep's and SP's are installed... Oh, and all the store.
    My SSD still has plenty of room and my main drive is sitting at
    approximately 25% used.

Please do not say I need a new computer. Hubby will cry.

Edit: to fix quote
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crin So I have the new patch but my game is taking longer then normal to load. I have twallans mods but I am pretty sure are all up to date. It took long before but 30 minutes on the loading screen is to long. Any suggestions?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited October 2013
    So I installed the new patch and it seems I'm not able to use the interactive loading screen. I check the box, save. and as soon as I open the options back up it's unchecked again.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). nope
    2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch? just the patch
    3. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.63.4.024017
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? existing one, but not sure if it matters in this case
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? old sim
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom? EA, sunset valley
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Win 7
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? downloaded verison
    9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World? in a Home-wrold
  • gagealuteagagealutea Posts: 126 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crin So I have the new patch but my game is taking longer then normal to load. I have twallans mods but I am pretty sure are all up to date. It took long before but 30 minutes on the loading screen is to long. Any suggestions?
    Twallan's mods are not yet updated -> http://nraas.wikispaces.com/State+of+the+Mod
    5.gif
    edited October 2013
    @janvel831: Thanks. Good to hear

@Aunza: And after restarting the game, the same thing happened ? Did you try a factory reset ?

@pepperjax1230: Since twallan hasn't updated anything, that's a bit hard to do. Remove them and see if you have the same issue.

@Trouble1122: Is this the only option you have trouble with or do others also get reset ? You can try to edit it in the options.ini file but I'm unsure what the option is called in there.

@gagealutea: Hey there. Nice to see you in foreign realms :)
    AHQ Tutorial

• okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi I just updated my game to patch 1.63 and noticed I had a new file in my download folder which is created today and I have never seen it before...
    No mods or CC in my game and I have all EP and SP except for movie stuff and KPST.

SO the file is called:
    FSIViewCountTracking the type is just "file" it 0 kb

Do you by any chance know what it's for? Google didn't really help out with this for me :D
    edited October 2013
    No, I don't. I've tried to get an answer from the Gurus, but none so far.

Try to play a while and then see if it grows in size and if you can open it with a text editor.
    AHQ Tutorial

• rosahegerosahege Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have a bug to report.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod). Removed them.

2. Do you have Into the Future or just the Patch ? Patch only for now

3. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.63

4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing

5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing

6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Isla Paradiso

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7

8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

9. Are you reporting for the Future-World, Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ? Home world

Theres something wrong with the video game consoles. When you choose "Play online with..." and then choose a sim to play with, nothing happens. After that the console becomes useless.

It doesn't work to sell it and buy a new one either. It's like it's stuck no matter what you do (reset sim, restarting game etc). I have not tested yet if it is still not working on another household's lot.

edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@Trouble1122: Is this the only option you have trouble with or do others also get reset ? You can try to edit it in the options.ini file but I'm unsure what the option is called in there.

yep, only option that resets, I just tried looking in the options.ini file but couldn't figure out which one it might be. and I also just did the naming my sims 3 file to backup and creating a new game file, thinking maybe that would solve the problem, but it still occurred.

I read every option in my options.ini and everything was something I recognized. Is it possible I'm missing the option in the options.ini?
    edited October 2013
    @rosahege: I'll add

@Trouble1122: Could be. Should be enableinteractiveloading. For me it was created after starting a game. When you had the user recreate, did you put the only options.ini back or not ?
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2013
    just did a Crt+f and typed in enableinteractiveloading and it came up with "can't find enabledinteractiveloading".

and when I recreated the folder, I didn't move anything, I left everything in the backup folder.

so I'm guessing since we figured out what the problem was, if I just put enableinteractiveloading = 1 into my options file it will work/be there?
    edited October 2013
    Try it.
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top