Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More household things

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    kcavines wrote:
    I enjoy the realism, but I understand that everyone plays differently...which is why I'm glad they offer the variety of ways to play.
    As I said to you elsewhere, supernatural aspects have already been confirmed for Sims 4.

Or did you think that curse doll in the gameplay trailer was reflecting reality?

But my, my, (unless it's sarcasm misunderstood due to the method of delivery...Internet), your comments are a bit "smarty pants." People are just voicing opinions, and compared to other posts/forums, most of them seem to be fairly diplomatic.

It was meant to come across in a neutral, slightly friendly tone. And a bit teasing.

They were speaking about life states, like vampires and witches, not about the doll I mentioned. Reminds me, I need to edit my post elsewhere to reflect their clarification edit... Not fully awake yet.

Now, if I wanted to police people's opinions... I have more than enough reason, given the past events of this forum. The past few months have helped demonstrate why hope isn't actually a positive thing and why opinions can be destructive.

But, then, I don't police for the most part, because I would be policing with the best of intentions... and we all know what road good intentions pave.
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited October 2013
    It's the 'unrealistic' things that make my game fun to play. That's what starts off the fantasy.

I find that some of the unrealistic things can get quite annoying at times! Those glowing skin and eyes on vamps, witches flying their brooms on the road, aliens kidnapping your sims and in doing so, cancelling all their interactions, pretty pink fairy wings spawning on that hot sim guy, etc, etc. It's nice for a supernatural only town, but it just doesn't fit in sometimes when you're not playing that type of save game.
    When I want to iron I usually turn off my computer.
    (there is a vacuum cleaner in Sims 3 by the way. Witches can fly them :roll: )

I know. I don't care for it, I'd like a usable one.
    Besides I don't do chores that much in real life, I'm mostly either studying or filling in tax and company forms on a computer all day. Call me crazy, but I'd love to have more chores in real life...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2013
    RAE2786 wrote:
    It's the 'unrealistic' things that make my game fun to play. That's what starts off the fantasy.

I find that some of the unrealistic things can get quite annoying at times! Those glowing skin and eyes on vamps, witches flying their brooms on the road, aliens kidnapping your sims and in doing so, cancelling all their interactions, pretty pink fairy wings spawning on that hot sim guy, etc, etc. It's nice for a supernatural only town, but it just doesn't fit in sometimes when you're not playing that type of save game.
    When I want to iron I usually turn off my computer.
    (there is a vacuum cleaner in Sims 3 by the way. Witches can fly them :roll: )

I know. I don't care for it, I'd like a usable one.
    Besides I don't do chores that much in real life, I'm mostly either studying or filling in tax and company forms on a computer all day. Call me crazy, but I'd love to have more chores in real life...
    I totally agree on your first commentary, I hated it when my town was overflown with the vampires, fairy's and witches, I love it I can turn that off now. I really want to direct that myself. That is possible now though. The only supernaturals in town now are the ones I created (apart from the mermaids...).

My last remark was a prank :P I didn't really think that would suit people that want their Sims vacuuming their floors :wink:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    queequeg0323queequeg0323 Posts: 32 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think one of those little robotic vacuums could be fun. Kids could have a jumping contest over them. And after the Pets Ep comes out it could be funny to see their reactions to it. It could be really funny to watch a cat watching it while staying as far away as possible, while a brave dog tries to corner it. He could even get a "captured intruder" moodlet.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'd like ironing boards, vacuum cleaners and stuff like that only if they were stationary objects just to be used as decoration. I don't want it to be mandatory that my Sims have to do laundry, mow the lawn, vacuum and iron clothes.

BORING.

Even if one of you thinks these things would be interesting in the game, still, it would take up a LOT of the Sims' time to do all these chores. They'd never have time to have any fun if all they did is fulfill needs, vacuum, iron clothes and mow the lawn all day. They already spend too much time doing things like washing dishes and making beds. I don't want them to have to vacuum, iron and mow the lawn, too. Yawn.

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited October 2013
    Penelope wrote:
    I'd like ironing boards, vacuum cleaners and stuff like that only if they were stationary objects just to be used as decoration. I don't want it to be mandatory that my Sims have to do laundry, mow the lawn, vacuum and iron clothes.

BORING.

Even if one of you thinks these things would be interesting in the game, still, it would take up a LOT of the Sims' time to do all these chores. They'd never have time to have any fun if all they did is fulfill needs, vacuum, iron clothes and mow the lawn all day. They already spend too much time doing things like washing dishes and making beds. I don't want them to have to vacuum, iron and mow the lawn, too. Yawn.

I really don't mind having the washer and dryer as I wished that we had in TS2. I don't having my sims do the laundry. I do agree that the other stuff like the vacuum cleaner and ironing board can be decorations only. I downloaded the irons and ironing boards from ATS3 and set them up in my laundry rooms.

I do wish that they would bring back the sewing machine and the pottery table that was in the Freetime expansion pack from TS2.